2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

Tiger is stalling, in part, because he is trying to avoid any possible domestic abuse charge against his wife. If any facial lacerations were caused by Elin, it will be obvious to the cops that those injuries are not consistent with a car crash. I doubt he will show up at his tournament if those scratches are not sufficiently healed.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, here is the best quote of late from the Tiger Woods support group that nails my point better than anything I could say...
[b]
"The nothing bad has ever come out of telling the truth line is naive. If a policeman comes to you and says he thinks you committed a crime but can't prove it, then you come clean and admit to the crime, you are going to jail."[/b]

Well jeez, why would we think that people should go to jail if they commit a crime or pay a price for their actions, how idiotic of me. Those terrible policeman, obviously Tiger has to protect himself at all costs from there questions, take the 5th, not talk to them, and play cat and mouse with them asking them to come back to his house two different times now only to put them off. If he doesn't want to talk to them fine, but he told them Friday he would talk to them Saturday, then he tells them Saturday he will talk to them Sunday. Again if he has nothing to say, then tell them he has nothing to say. To waste their time and have them coming back day after day until he is ready to speak, wow.
Look folks, maybe I'm making a radical statement here but if you have done nothing wrong, especially in a legal matter as trivial as this, there is no need to fear the police and refuse to speak to them. Just tell the truth. I can't believe this is even debatable. I'm floored people here are actually advocating lying and making them prove you have done something wrong.

As to Midas, man I went to bed and was looking forward to debating you today. You were making some good points but then you had to make the trailer park comment, again wow. So are you saying that because Woods and his wife are wealthy they are somehow immune to domestic disputes? I notice you have yet to expound on that point. I would love to hear more of your thoughts on this. Also, how specifically would you define trailer park people? Are they just people in a trailer park or is there a cut off on income level that elevates a person from suspicion of certain behaviors?

If anyone is compiling stats on this thread, check out the record breaking use of "quote/reply." I especially love the ones that take up half a page, incorporate seven posts and end with a one line rebuttal.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2090461' date='Nov 28 2009, 10:21 PM']Well here's something real for you, two days in a row Woods has refused to cooperate with police. Is this behavior consistent with an innocent man? [b]Why is it so hard for him to give an official statement to the cops, it's not because he is afraid of the outcome right and that the statement will be public record is it? [/b][/quote]
...why?....to make sure any remnants of the alcohol in his system that might show he was drunk...were gone from his system completely...delay..delay...delay...

He's protecting Elin at this point I'm sure. She's been made out to be the other bad guy in all of this.. Even if he wasn't cheating, perhaps they got into and arguement, and she hit him.. He left angry, she swung and busted the glass, and he turned and ran into the tree and hydrant. He'd rather take the fall for the goofy accident than her get lambasted with the "husband beater" moniker. And if he was cheating, and she believes he wasn't, wouldn't you imagine he'd do just about anything right now to clean it up at home first, and protect her?

He's keeping something, and churning a story out for this.. The end won't justify the means, it usually doesn't.

Funny stuff this ... Like 12 year olds going crazy about Paris Hilton's latest drunk escapades.

It's not like he has an obligation to let his fans know what's going on in his private life.
This is the first time something really turned sour for him.
It was bound to happen though ... with the amount of exposure he gets.

We all fight with our significant others. No such thing as a problem-free marriage, even if you think yours is.
I don't think my wife would be all rational when she would get some info about me sleeping with someone else who follows me around the world.
On top of that I also texted her that I love her and would leave my wife for this girl.

The man is a huge star. He has a huge reputation.
He has never explained his actions before, he won't do it this time.

He has been off his game (personally and competitively) lately though.
Good amount of wins, but there were some black pages this year, much more than other seasons.
Maybe when all this is behind him he can start a new season from scratch.

I read Tiger was in NY right before leaving for the Australian masters. NY is where Rachel Uchitel( the alleged cheating party)works, then she coincidentally shows up in Australia? That sounds bad for the Tiger..

If Tiger took a 4 iron to the grill, he might be missing teeth or who knows what. He is stalling for a reason. I bet he is Jacked up.

I cant wait to see what happens next...

[quote name='sharkhark' post='2091007' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:14 AM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2090461' date='Nov 28 2009, 10:21 PM']Well here's something real for you, two days in a row Woods has refused to cooperate with police. Is this behavior consistent with an innocent man? [b]Why is it so hard for him to give an official statement to the cops, it's not because he is afraid of the outcome right and that the statement will be public record is it? [/b][/quote]
...why?....to make sure any remnants of the alcohol in his system that might show he was drunk...were gone from his system completely...delay..delay...delay...
[/quote]

They have already ruled out alcohol........have you not been paying attention??????

[quote name='mikpga' post='2091092' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:44 AM']I'm glad that Tiger is okay...

I hope and pray that their [b]family[/b] can work through [b]whatever[/b] it is that's going on...[/quote]

It's nice to see a post here from a adult or someone that doesn't use the National Inquirer as their go to source for news.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

[quote name='OpusX20' post='2090811' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:31 AM'][quote name='Eec55' post='2090796' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:24 AM']this isn't a tournament tiger where you can dodge the police like you dodge reporters. this is one interview you are going to have to do! i think his team of lawyers,agents etc.. are scrambling to spin this whole thing the right way. i have a good idea of what i think happened but we will never know. he and his team will do everything posssible to sweep this under the rug! i can just see it now when a reporter puts a mic in his face and asks him about this and he smiles and says" i cant comment on that" and just walks away like he always does. as for his homelife we know he has a pretty wife but she may be a cold hearted b**** for all we know....i mean has anyone ever heard her talk or speak???!!!!! i do believe he is getting special treatment due to his celebrity! if i woulda hit a tree on my neighbors lawn it would be WWIII!![/quote]

This has been covered already in this thread, but you may have missed it within the hundreds of posts. Tiger is not legally obligated to do this interview. Here's one link and quote... "Woods is not required by law to speak to the Florida Highway Patrol because it is being investigated as a traffic accident, spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes said."

Read more: [url="http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1943301,00.html#ixzz0YEA6FFT3"][color="#4c4c4c"]http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1943301,00.html#ixzz0YEA6FFT3[/color][/url]
[/quote]

WOW,you love bringing up that thread ,don't you.Whats that make ,like four or five times you've used it.OH by the way,you forgot to tell him hes wrong!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Has anyone figured out yet why someone so wealthy would drive something so horrible?

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

[quote name='victor2000' post='2091081' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:31 AM'][quote name='sharkhark' post='2091007' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:14 AM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2090461' date='Nov 28 2009, 10:21 PM']Well here's something real for you, two days in a row Woods has refused to cooperate with police. Is this behavior consistent with an innocent man? [b]Why is it so hard for him to give an official statement to the cops, it's not because he is afraid of the outcome right and that the statement will be public record is it? [/b][/quote]
[/quote]

They have already ruled out alcohol........have you not been paying attention??????

[/quote]

Oh that's right, can you tell me what his Blood Alcohol Level was because I missed it...

[quote name='tatumcat' post='2091102' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:56 AM'][quote name='OpusX20' post='2090811' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:31 AM'][quote name='Eec55' post='2090796' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:24 AM']this isn't a tournament tiger where you can dodge the police like you dodge reporters. this is one interview you are going to have to do! i think his team of lawyers,agents etc.. are scrambling to spin this whole thing the right way. i have a good idea of what i think happened but we will never know. he and his team will do everything posssible to sweep this under the rug! i can just see it now when a reporter puts a mic in his face and asks him about this and he smiles and says" i cant comment on that" and just walks away like he always does. as for his homelife we know he has a pretty wife but she may be a cold hearted b**** for all we know....i mean has anyone ever heard her talk or speak???!!!!! i do believe he is getting special treatment due to his celebrity! if i woulda hit a tree on my neighbors lawn it would be WWIII!![/quote]

This has been covered already in this thread, but you may have missed it within the hundreds of posts. Tiger is not legally obligated to do this interview. Here's one link and quote... "Woods is not required by law to speak to the Florida Highway Patrol because it is being investigated as a traffic accident, spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes said."

Read more: [url="http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1943301,00.html#ixzz0YEA6FFT3"][color="#4c4c4c"]http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1943301,00.html#ixzz0YEA6FFT3[/color][/url]
[/quote]

WOW,you love bringing up that thread ,don't you.Whats that make ,like four or five times you've used it.OH by the way,you forgot to tell him hes wrong!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:
[/quote]

If the poster had seen the article he wouldn't have asked the question. The article was the perfect answer, again.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='tatumcat' post='2091102' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:56 AM'][quote name='OpusX20' post='2090811' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:31 AM'][quote name='Eec55' post='2090796' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:24 AM']this isn't a tournament tiger where you can dodge the police like you dodge reporters. this is one interview you are going to have to do! i think his team of lawyers,agents etc.. are scrambling to spin this whole thing the right way. i have a good idea of what i think happened but we will never know. he and his team will do everything posssible to sweep this under the rug! i can just see it now when a reporter puts a mic in his face and asks him about this and he smiles and says" i cant comment on that" and just walks away like he always does. as for his homelife we know he has a pretty wife but she may be a cold hearted b**** for all we know....i mean has anyone ever heard her talk or speak???!!!!! i do believe he is getting special treatment due to his celebrity! if i woulda hit a tree on my neighbors lawn it would be WWIII!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keep trying tatum. Maybe you will get some facts to use instead of making stuff up. I know you can do it.

[b]Driver:[/b] TaylorMade Tour Issue M3 8.9*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X
[b]3 Wood:[/b] Taylormade R15 15*, Fujikura Motore F1X
[b]Hybrid:[/b] TaylorMade M1 19*, Fujikura Speeder Evo 82H X
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW , Tour Issue TT DG X100
[b]Wedges:[/b] Yururi Gekku Raw 49*, 53* & 57* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 130X
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Quick update, this is from ESPN radio, just heard it on there XM station.

Monday the police are most likely going to release the 911 call. Interestingly enough it's not from Ellen or any of the staff at Woods house, but instead from the neighbor.

I would also say that I agree with what many here have said. Since his claim to the authorities was that his facial injuries were caused by the crash I can't imagine he wants to be seen in public until they heal. It's one thing to feed the police false information, but being photographed with these would leave no doubt in the public mind that the official story that will be floated out is utter and complete rubbish. Going by what other sites have posted, the police appear only to want to ask him about those to make sure they are consistent with an automobile wreck. If not this would turn into a legitimate criminal investigation against the wife for assault.

Does he have to talk to the police, no he doesn't, that's his choice. Again however, this isn't a murder investigation. he has very little to anything to lose from a legal standpoint in this. I also don't understand why he would put them off. If he doesn't want to talk fine, if he does fine, but waiting day to day to make this decision is utterly ridiculous and childish. It also shows a great deal of disrespect to the officers involved by wasting their time with this nonsense.

To be fair however, lets look at it from the side of the Tiger apologists and what they have said in these discussions so far. First, Woods shouldn't be held to the same standard the rest of us are. One poster enlightened us that Woods deserves preferential treatment so perhaps from that point of view the cops are going to have to understand that. Secondly, we have learned from other posters that if Woods was in fact cheating, odds are his wife wasn't good enough at sexy time anymore and therefore it was justified. Thirdly, and my personal favorite, we should automatically know that Woods and his wife are sophisticated people and above this "trailer park" level of action. Because of their wealth, thinking they would act like this is non sense. Also, that Americans have a very childish view of adultery and we should learn its not that big of deal.

Tuesday Woods is tentatively scheduled to make a statement. By that time the wounds will have healed and I am sure most of this will have blown over. All tings considered and in the greater scheme of things it is indeed a tempest in a teapot. Whats heart breaking about this is that Woods had the opportunity to show for once that yes he does make mistakes and his life isn't perfect. In all likelihood he fought with his wife, left the house with her chasing golf club in hand, and then while distracted hit a fire hydrant and tree. If he would have just come clean, admitted it, and told the truth I don't think a single person here wouldn't have felt bad for him and hoped that things would settle and go back to normal in his life. I don't believe anyone posting here has any want to see him suffer or have to go through this. The way that he has decided to handle this situation; conflicting stories to the police, refusing to talk with them, no public statement, not addressing the rumors of cheating etc. was his biggest mistake.
As fans I don't think any of us are beyond forgiving another person, no matter what level of fame or talent they have, for making a mistake or having a less than perfect marital life. if anything, his admission of this would further endure him to many and to some extent humanize him. His actions thus far have had the exact opposite effect IMO. He has portrayed himself as above the law by possibly giving them false information to benefit himself. By not denying the allegations from many reporters of having an affair he has given them more power. Sadly his actions have now redefined him as yet another billionaire athlete hiding in his multimillion dollar home away from the world as he crafts some kind of fabrication to make all this go away. Sure, the die hards aren't going anywhere and will refuse to believe anything no matter how obvious. He hasn't lost them. But I do wonder how many people he has lost through this who were casual fans like myself.

[quote name='TheNatural72' post='2091080' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:28 PM']I read Tiger was in NY right before leaving for the Australian masters. NY is where Rachel Uchitel( the alleged cheating party)works, then she coincidentally shows up in Australia? That sounds bad for the Tiger..

If Tiger took a 4 iron to the grill, he might be missing teeth or who knows what. He is stalling for a reason. I bet he is Jacked up.

I cant wait to see what happens next...[/quote]

Tiger was not in NY, he was in Shanghai. I know because I took him to the airport. Where did you read the NY lie?

it's easy....

Had to make a med run for the baby.. orajel, motrin whatever. The cell slips out of my hand while I was reaching for the seatbelt and I lost control hit the fire hydrant and then the tree. Make a PSA for seatbelts and handsfree headsets and whipe you hands clean. As for the details, car might have been smoking from impact with tree ? Tiger yells to Elin, dont come near the front might be on fire, go get my method putter and break out the back window and get me the hell out of here. Blood, fat lip. missing teeth whatever is obviously from impact with some part of the steering mechanism. The rest is history.

Tiger... thank me. Call me if I was your PR man this would be over already.

[quote name='8thehardway' post='2090967' date='Nov 29 2009, 06:07 AM']If anyone is compiling stats on this thread, check out the record breaking use of "quote/reply." I especially love the ones that take up half a page, incorporate seven posts and end with a one line rebuttal.[/quote]

Just wait until you see how this thread explodes when TMZ (or Vivid) announces that there is a homemade sex tape. :partytime2:

(You are right though, why don't people trim out all of the quotes except for the actual quote to which they are replying?)

It's nice to see a post here from a adult or someone that doesn't use the National Inquirer as their go to source for news.
[/quote]

well, we will see if there is any truth to the headlines in the Enquirer however, something has to be said about their validity if that sent Elin into a tirade at 2AM

Of course, you can always use FOX news as your "fair and balanced", and "we report you decide" attitude for your REAL news source

this isn't a tournament tiger where you can dodge the police like you dodge reporters. this is one interview you are going to have to do! i think his team of lawyers,agents etc.. are scrambling to spin this whole thing the right way. i have a good idea of what i think happened but we will never know. he and his team will do everything posssible to sweep this under the rug! i can just see it now when a reporter puts a mic in his face and asks him about this and he smiles and says" i cant comment on that" and just walks away like he always does. as for his homelife we know he has a pretty wife but she may be a cold hearted b**** for all we know....i mean has anyone ever heard her talk or speak???!!!!! i do believe he is getting special treatment due to his celebrity! if i woulda hit a tree on my neighbors lawn it would be WWIII!!

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1943301,00.html#ixzz0YEA6FFT3

WOW,you love bringing up that thread ,don't you.Whats that make ,like four or five times you've used it.OH by the way,you forgot to tell him hes wrong!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Keep trying tatum. Maybe you will get some facts to use instead of making stuff up. I know you can do it.

FACTS,FACTS,FACTS,we dont need facts,we have the constitution in the good ole USA,just wait it out and if you have enough money ,it will go away.And in response to your trailer park comment and world traveling,wonder how many young men and women who live in trailer parks are defending your freedom on the ground in IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN WHILE YOU TRY IT FROM BEHIND A KEYBOARD.Instead of this foolishness about Tiger,wonder how many service personel have lost their LIVES while this thread has been going on.black%20eye.gifblack%20eye.gifblack%20eye.gif

Once again, you have no grasp of facts. I didn't make the trailer park comment or the world traveling comment. Go back and read again. Keep trying though. Your attempts are pretty funny. Or go back to sleep and leave the discussion to the adults.

[b]Driver:[/b] TaylorMade Tour Issue M3 8.9*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X
[b]3 Wood:[/b] Taylormade R15 15*, Fujikura Motore F1X
[b]Hybrid:[/b] TaylorMade M1 19*, Fujikura Speeder Evo 82H X
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW , Tour Issue TT DG X100
[b]Wedges:[/b] Yururi Gekku Raw 49*, 53* & 57* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 130X
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

[quote name='MikeC' post='2090723' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:36 AM'][quote name='2zlinks' post='2090720' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:34 PM']I find it funny that people feel that he owes us (the public) and explanation. Why? Because he's a public figure and you've seen him on tv or better yet in person? Are you kidding me? Part of me hopes he comes out and says "no comment" just to watch half of the posters on this thread implode.[/quote]

Maybe because without us (the public, posters, etc) he would simply be the best golfer in the world...that sells life insurance for a living.
[/quote]
Bingo!

(Nice Jay Siegel, Gary Cowan reference.)

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

this isn't a tournament tiger where you can dodge the police like you dodge reporters. this is one interview you are going to have to do! i think his team of lawyers,agents etc.. are scrambling to spin this whole thing the right way. i have a good idea of what i think happened but we will never know. he and his team will do everything posssible to sweep this under the rug! i can just see it now when a reporter puts a mic in his face and asks him about this and he smiles and says" i cant comment on that" and just walks away like he always does. as for his homelife we know he has a pretty wife but she may be a cold hearted b**** for all we know....i mean has anyone ever heard her talk or speak???!!!!! i do believe he is getting special treatment due to his celebrity! if i woulda hit a tree on my neighbors lawn it would be WWIII!!

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1943301,00.html#ixzz0YEA6FFT3

WOW,you love bringing up that thread ,don't you.Whats that make ,like four or five times you've used it.OH by the way,you forgot to tell him hes wrong!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

FACTS,FACTS,FACTS,we dont need facts,we have the constitution in the good ole USA,just wait it out and if you have enough money ,it will go away.And in response to your trailer park comment and world traveling,wonder how many young men and women who live in trailer parks are defending your freedom on the ground in IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN WHILE YOU TRY IT FROM BEHIND A KEYBOARD.Instead of this foolishness about Tiger,wonder how many service personel have lost their LIVES while this thread has been going on.black%20eye.gifblack%20eye.gifblack%20eye.gif

Once again, you have no grasp of facts. I didn't make the trailer park comment or the world traveling comment. Go back and read again. Keep trying though. Your attempts are pretty funny. Or go back to sleep and leave the discussion to the adults.

That's about the response i thought i would get,being your an adult and all.

[quote name='walterjay25' post='2091105' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:59 AM']Oh that's right, can you tell me what his Blood Alcohol Level was because I missed it...[/quote]

Obviously it was not high enough to even test. Plain and simple, they have ruled out alcohol's involvement in the accident. What else is there to say or even do?