New Rules in Effect and clarification of Rules *Update 5/16*

You see with your attitude, its only about the $35 and not about the so called "community" and participation. This rule has always been about the money--apparently too many people using up too much bandwidth. Its only the beginning to a paid place. I would just saw beware on that, as this is a great site, but will be destroyed if it costs $$ to participate.

So posting replies giving my two cents about the various problems associated with this new rules qualifies as whining?
Hey your opinion is your own.
I'll obviously have to abide by them, its just that as one guy said--it isnt going to cause there to be a more vibrant discussion anywhere.
It'll simply cause people to post replies and topics that they may or may not care about, but will go toward their post count.
In addition, it was designed simply as a backdoor way to get people to join Club WRX and pay $35.
I wonder which one ($35 or 75 post count) the MODS had in mind when they claimed that this was something the vast majority of members wanted.
Hmmmmmm?

Whatever, I am over this--no more posts about it.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it make sense to give an added benefit to a Charter Member? Just an idea of a slight discount off of the now DOUBLED pinning fee?
Should that include 1 pinned ad with your membership? Or maybe something else? It seems silly that the paying users of this site have the same rights of pinning ads ad the non paying users.

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1273981113' post='2444277']
i guess you're only running up your post count if you disagree with a rule. If you're in agreement keep posting

well said brother! but you're right they don't care!

when i do i'll let you know, and i'll make sure there is a 200 post rule. just so it protects everyone
[/quote]

You sir are just ignorant, this in the short term will hurt "them" more than anyone else, if all you are trying to do is sell then go to ebay, you can pay the pp fees, listing fees and final value fees. WRX has NO fees whatsoever, NONE! I can sell here cheaper than the bay and come out the same or better, now if you get mad at me because I said you are ignorant you don't know what that means either. Oh, it is wouldn't not would'nt. Just and FYI

I've been on this board for years and bought and sold 100's of items as a club ho....I also have a number of friends who cruise the BST and have no interest at all in posting comments....I'm sure someone will enjoy the revenue stream, but I personally think it's a bad rule....yet another minimum ......well, the boys at ole bomb squad got greedy too....and we all know how well their doing....

PXG Gen5 7.5* Ventus Velocore TR Blue 6S

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 3/5 Project X Blue RDX 6.0

Titleist U505 2 Iron GD Tour AD DI85 S

Srixon ZX 4 Iron Ventus Velocore blue 8S

PXG 0311T Gen5 S 4/5-PW

PXG Sugar Daddy 52/54/58

PXG Battle Ready Black Jack  

[quote name='snab4' date='16 May 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1274056041' post='2445996']
I've been on this board for years and bought and sold 100's of items as a club ho....I also have a number of friends who cruise the BST and have no interest at all in posting comments....I'm sure someone will enjoy the revenue stream, but I personally think it's a bad rule....yet another minimum ......well, the boys at ole bomb squad got greedy too....and we all know how well their doing....
[/quote]

Please clarify? We are not limiting buying or selling. I fail to see the comparison and it wasn't a change initiated by ownership. Quite frankly any attack on ownership on this is a cheap shot and misguided.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

[quote name='ZMO' date='16 May 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1274045363' post='2445631']
You see with your attitude, its only about the $35 and not about the so called "community" and participation. This rule has always been about the money--apparently too many people using up too much bandwidth. Its only the beginning to a paid place. I would just saw beware on that, as this is a great site, but will be destroyed if it costs $$ to participate.

So posting replies giving my two cents about the various problems associated with this new rules qualifies as whining?
Hey your opinion is your own.
I'll obviously have to abide by them, its just that as one guy said--it isnt going to cause there to be a more vibrant discussion anywhere.
It'll simply cause people to post replies and topics that they may or may not care about, but will go toward their post count.
In addition, it was designed simply as a backdoor way to get people to join Club WRX and pay $35.
I wonder which one ($35 or 75 post count) the MODS had in mind when they claimed that this was something the vast majority of members wanted.
Hmmmmmm?

Whatever, I am over this--no more posts about it.
[/quote]

Clubwrx was never part of the conversation and again the membership requested it. Even with these changes, there is no significant rev stream vs cost involved.

[quote name='adam62482' date='16 May 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1274048931' post='2445734']
Wouldn't it make sense to give an added benefit to a Charter Member? Just an idea of a slight discount off of the now DOUBLED pinning fee?
Should that include 1 pinned ad with your membership? Or maybe something else? It seems silly that the paying users of this site have the same rights of pinning ads ad the non paying users.
[/quote]

The $5 insertion fee is not a pinned ad. Just allowance to post. We are actually trying to limit the number of pinned ads because of user complaints about "too many" of them.

[quote name='kg4ever' date='16 May 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1274050293' post='2445771']
sounds like i dont have the accese anymore.....
[/quote]

Don't know what you mean? You have full access to view and pm. Selling there are options.

[quote name='nongdam' date='16 May 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1274054483' post='2445922']
Maybe gxgolfer is checking out the post. I believe when this question was first circulating, most people didn't pay attention as they only concentrate on for sale items. Now that it affects that website, people are up in arms!! It's the start of the GOLFWRX TEA PARTY!! Who want's to be Sarah Palin?
[/quote]

This effects the BST and Not sure what you are referring to besides people taking cheap shots over membership directions. We made over 5 adjustments to policy since this rule became in effect.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

[quote name='kdog25' date='16 May 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1274057419' post='2446070']
Was this rule applied retroactively?
[/quote]
Need more specifics. Please start a new thread.

BST AD Help

Why not a 75 post minimum OR double digit feedback number OR post + feedback = 75?? I have 20 positive feedbacks and olny 63 posts. It's a bit ridiculous to assume that I am a detriment to the community. This smells funny... I'm not fired up about this yet, but it just smells funny.

Well, off to make 12 more posts...

that smell is just your armpit..........................cheesy.gif j/k

if you participate on this site (and you should) 75 is nothing, I find so many things I could comment on but just don't, I love this site and the input from all the members, got a question? Just ask and you will get answers. Also your answers or post may help someone else.

Right

So we purposely created a ton more work for our crew for a few possible $$$. Yea, that makes total sense. I am working with the community on changes they want. The last thing I want to do is create more work.

BST AD Help

For those of you that don't think the membership was involved with this, perhaps you should spend some time outside the BST and you would have seen the 5 page thread on it. Obviously what you don't get is that the BST is here as a convenience for members, not the sole purpose of this site's existance. Are you REALLY complaining about 75 posts? Most of the whiners in this thread have at least that many in the BST alone. If all you want to do is sell here, I'm sorry. I have zero sympathy for you.

If you want to talk about "the other site," you had to pay there too. Or did you forget that little detail? Same rules apply here. Become a paying member and all your problems are solved. Plus, you can do it here for about a third of the cost.

I can think of three or four REALLY good sellers that have high 100+ feedback and less than 10 posts. Guess what? They pay too. They are classifieds supporters. Feel free to follow their lead.

Quite honestly, I think there should be MORE expectations of our members here. Post. Spend some time letting the membership get to know you. Learn how to post in the BST without breaking a rule. Is this really too much to ask? If you think it is, trade in your clubs or sell them on eBay. You and I both know you will get less for it and with eBay you still have to pay.

As always, it comes down to the money. If all you want to do is sell on this site, you're simply in it for the money and if you don't care to post here, why should we care about you? For those if you trying to wrap yourself in the constitution, recognize that you checked your First Amendment at the door when you joined a PRIVATE website. You are free to take your business elsewhere if you don't like the rules, just like we all did on "the other site."

I knocked out 5 good posts before I even got to this thread this evening. Do that too, and you can sell in 15 days. You act like we just kicked your dog. Are you serious? Try conrtibuting to the site or be prepared to pay. You should have more than enough money to pay for ads with all the selling you have been doing. :rolleyes:

[quote name='MarekR' date='16 May 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1274050456' post='2445776']
In case anyone is wondering, if one tries to post in the BST forum right now with less than 75 posts and not a clubwrx member. Your post/topic will go to moderation queue instead of simply being disallowed. That is what Gxgolfer asked me to implement, not sure what his plans are with that.
[/quote]

For those that are trying to post improperly, how about using this to raise their warning level?

Now, if we can only get rid of the non-golf items on the BST... If I wanted to buy a Coach purse, I wouldn't come to a golf site. Go sell it on eBay you cheap bastage. This is one of the prime reasons that we need to eliminate the chaff from the BST.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Are you guys still going?

Its a simple rule. If you don't like it, you don't have to be here. I'm sure we are all sorry that your free avenue to sell your crap has been cut off.... participate or die. Or pay for the privilege of selling to a very good audience (that someone else pays the bills to support). Simple. Why is this still being discussed?

The decision's made, for the better I say and so do most of the members as far as I can tell, but for good or ill, its made.

Get over it.

I must admit that I initially, being a person with a higher feedback rating than post total, was a little annoyed with the new 75 post rule. I feel like I am a part of this community and why should I not be allowed to participate fully.

Then it dawned on me, I am not participating fully.

I have a lot to offer with my thirty-plus years in the game as a player, coach, student, clubmaker, etc., etc. .....

I will gladly pay the $5 to submit a BST ad in the meantime, but I will take this as a wake-up call and do my part to make this a better community.

Thanks to the owners, moderators and all involved in making this website run.

Let's make the moral of this post.....No More Lurking!!!

Play Well

Callaway Flash SZ TD 8* Hzrdus Yellow 76
Callaway Flash SZ 14* Hzrdus Yellow 83
Callaway Apex UT 18* Modus 130x
Callaway Apex UT 21* Modus 130x
Callaway Apex UT 24*  Modus 130x
Callaway Razr MB 5-PW Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 Raw S grind 53.11 Modus 130s
Callaway MD4 Raw X grind 58.12 Modus 130s
Odyssey Tank #1 40" armlock
Titleist ProV1

My feeling is that instead this 75 posts rule, every BST ad should be moderated, (approved before being posted). I know it seems like a lot of work but this is the only way to truly protect people like me who use the BST before I'd ever use ebay. It is insured that the ads are properly formatted and someone doesn't just do a "hit and run". As it stood (before this new rule), someone could post a crappy ad with no pictures, or ebay pics, or "I'll post pics later" or post foggy, blurry pics and blame it on their camera. It'll probably never be considered but it's a suggestion.

Members frequently report issues for mods to look at. No need to pre-approve every Ad. That would be way too much overhead.

BST AD Help

[quote name='stage1350' date='16 May 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1274060062' post='2446168']
For those of you that don't think the membership was involved with this, perhaps you should spend some time outside the BST and you would have seen the 5 page thread on it. Obviously what you don't get is that the BST is here as a convenience for members, not the sole purpose of this site's existance. Are you REALLY complaining about 75 posts? Most of the whiners in this thread have at least that many in the BST alone. If all you want to do is sell here, I'm sorry. I have zero sympathy for you.

If you want to talk about "the other site," you had to pay there too. Or did you forget that little detail? Same rules apply here. Become a paying member and all your problems are solved. Plus, you can do it here for about a third of the cost.

I can think of three or four REALLY good sellers that have high 100+ feedback and less than 10 posts. Guess what? They pay too. They are classifieds supporters. Feel free to follow their lead.

Quite honestly, I think there should be MORE expectations of our members here. Post. Spend some time letting the membership get to know you. Learn how to post in the BST without breaking a rule. Is this really too much to ask? If you think it is, trade in your clubs or sell them on eBay. You and I both know you will get less for it and with eBay you still have to pay.

As always, it comes down to the money. If all you want to do is sell on this site, you're simply in it for the money and if you don't care to post here, why should we care about you? For those if you trying to wrap yourself in the constitution, recognize that you checked your First Amendment at the door when you joined a PRIVATE website. You are free to take your business elsewhere if you don't like the rules, just like we all did on "the other site."

I knocked out 5 good posts before I even got to this thread this evening. Do that too, and you can sell in 15 days. You act like we just kicked your dog. Are you serious? Try conrtibuting to the site or be prepared to pay. You should have more than enough money to pay for ads with all the selling you have been doing. :rolleyes:

[quote name='MarekR' date='16 May 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1274050456' post='2445776']
In case anyone is wondering, if one tries to post in the BST forum right now with less than 75 posts and not a clubwrx member. Your post/topic will go to moderation queue instead of simply being disallowed. That is what Gxgolfer asked me to implement, not sure what his plans are with that.
[/quote]

For those that are trying to post improperly, how about using this to raise their warning level?

Now, if we can only get rid of the non-golf items on the BST... If I wanted to buy a Coach purse, I wouldn't come to a golf site. Go sell it on eBay you cheap bastage. This is one of the prime reasons that we need to eliminate the chaff from the BST.
[/quote]

As usual, great post. You said what I wanted to say, but better. :clapping:

I will say I don't mind some of the more obscure and off topic things, provided they're at least embedded into an ad with something that somewhat relates to golf. The coach purse thing is a sad example and was pretty off putting, but those seem pretty few and far between.

I love how the whiners did come out in full force though. They really should take a look at the Deal/No Deal section and peruse some of the "XXXXX scammed me!!!11!" threads. This rule clearly came about out of necessity.

75 posts is literally nothing. Post casually and conversationally and you could have it in less than 15 days. If this site is really as addictive as some people claim, the post count should take care of itself.

By the way, big ups on cracking the whip on the advertised gifting -- that's all anyone really wanted.

Great job GolfWrx! The rule changes make total sense, and I'm glad you've also addressed the gifting issue and pinned ads issue.

As for those complaining about the rules (it's a free country, etc.), first off, you are not the owner of the website. If you start your own site, you can make the rules (I can think of another site I visit that actually says something to this effect when you join there). Second, this is a "community", which comes from the word "commune". Look it up. Non-contributing members generally are not entitled to the services of the rest of the community. To be honest, this is a small example of what's wrong with America....too many people wanting something for nothing, and not wanting to do any work themselves. Which, in this case is not a lot.

There, rant over.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

I think you may find it interesting that the majority of those asking for gifting are those with high post counts as well as high feedback. It appears they use those numbers to sway the whole gifting idea. Just my 2 cents but the so called veterans are as much to blame as the new people. A bad apple is a bad apple regardless.

Your arrogance is nauseating!!

Dude you have a feedback rating of 3, are you really that bothered by posting 61 more times? I don't see why you are losing the plot over this. It's really simple and they aren't asking a lot. They are merely stating, "Hey why not converse more with the members you are trying to sell to..." You on the other hand feel threatened by this? The other site made you pay regardless unless you were a paid member, this site has always been free which is aweseome. I see this rule as nothing but positive and as a very rational and logical person who sells A LOT in the BST, I don't see it as a hickup or a roadblock in "Internet Economy." Let me know when your site with your idea of 200 minimum posts before selling gets up and running, I'm always a sucker for new blogs! rolleyes.gif

Here is my personal opinion.

Lately, there are many new users with 0 feedback and posting in for sale for the first time. A lot of times, their posting contains no picture or break some kind of rules. Nothing againts a new member and none of us are perfect but please read the rules before you do so. It's getting out of hands and I'm glad something is done to manage this. From the buyer stand points, it sets an alarm especially if they have 0 feedback, but it's up to the buyer to either buy or pass along to the next ads. It's the buyer's market!

Regarding the gifting on paypal, IMHO I do not see any problem in that, especially if the price that they asked are pretty low + they have good feedbacks. As you know that the price in this site in general is very good and the price that the seller asked also include shipping. The seller has to pay the shipping cost and sometimes isn't cheap. That's where the 3% will help in for the shipping cost.

If the buyer doesn't like the idea of gifting, they can add 3% to the total cost, or just not buy the item. As simple as that. If somewhere along the line a problem occurs, (if I'm the seller), I will try my best to solve it.

To me, feedbacks in this site means a good name and good credit/worthiness. It's not something that I take, or give lightly. In 1 case, I even ship the item to the buyer where pp still hold his fund because he has good feedbacks and everything turns out ok.

As a seller and a buyer, if I did transaction with the seller in the past and everything was great, I always try to send my payment as a gift. It helps with his shipping cost and it's a common courtesy. When I sent my payment and marked it as a gift, I'm saying to the seller, look, I trust you and value our relations. Of course I don't do this to just about everyone.

The site owner has stated in the rules #19. No Advertising of "Gifting" or other means to circumvent payment fees. Since that is the rule, I as the responsible member of this site will obey it.

People that said a member is hiding behind his/her Good feedbacks do not make sense. The good feedbacks REFLECT who you are! It prove that you're a member worthy! People made that call (Not including rules officials, marshal, site owner), in general they don't have any or good feedbacks themselves.

That's my .02drinks.gif

Steve

[quote name='JDCobra' date='17 May 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1274090192' post='2446833']
Looks like you know it all! You must be very impressed with yourself! Unfortunately you're all wrong. This just supresses activity. You take a risk everyday in life. All who believe this garbage you're spreading should live in a bubble and keep everyone out. Good luck!

[/quote]

You should count all the posts you have made in this thread alone...if you could manage to post and add your input in another forum on here you would have your 75 posts in no time and you wouldn't have anything to complain about. But instead you choose to fill this thread (which the mod started to let everyone know about a new rule) with your constant complaining and meaningless posts.

ALL THEY ARE ASKING IS FOR A LITTLE PARTICIPATION...IT REALLY ISN'T THAT HARD!

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

[quote name='JDCobra' date='17 May 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1274090192' post='2446833']
Looks like you know it all! You must be very impressed with yourself! Unfortunately you're all wrong. This just supresses activity. You take a risk everyday in life. All who believe this garbage you're spreading should live in a bubble and keep everyone out. Good luck!

[/quote]

You're absolutely right. It does surpress activity, but only of those that wish to do nothing but sell and not participate. Do you not understand that the purpose of this site is a discussion forum first and the BST is in 9th or 10th place in the order of importance? Serious question: Why are you here? If your primary goal is selling, why not use eBay? You'll get a lot more views. Unless it's about listing for free, in which case you are just a leach. You want to sell, but don't want to participate.

THAT is why this rule came about. Too many people joining the site, immediately selling, and not participating. Combine that with rules violations, gifting, and sellers that don't deliver, and the masses said enough already. WE want to deal with trustworthy sellers. The easiest way to build my trust is to read what you post. It'll tell me more about your character than your feedback ever will. When your feedback exceeds your post count, that says a lot too, especially if you aren't a Classified Supporter. At least they admit what they are and pay for the ability to use the BST.

Having been with this site almost since it's inception, I can tell you that we want a good community first as well as good forum posting. If you want to be a travelling salesman that just wants to use the BST, you'll make some sales. But I'd rather buy from someone that's a longtime member than someone like you any day. They give to the site much more than you ever will. All you care about is lining your pockets.

If we lose your membership or others because it's too much effort to participate, I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over it. It takes forever just to photograph and post a BST ad. You could knock out 4-5 good posts in the same amount of time. Do that for 30 days and you have established yourself as a poster and member. After that, people will know a little more about you and will be more comfortable with your BST ad. Don't you get that?

At this point, I'll make sure to never buy from you simply on general principle.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

if you advertise a service on your site it should be for all members. otherwise that's discrimination.

would'nt sell anything to you! your arrogance is nauseating!!

You sound like a SUCKER period!!

Keep drinking the WRX kool-aid buddy. Sorry you feel upset by a little different point of view! If you advertise a service to members it should apply to all members!!