2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Rules in Effect and clarification of Rules *Update 5/16*

I personally do not have a problem with this rule; however, I do agree with previous posts about current feedback being taken into consideration. I have been a member for a few years and visit the site 3-4 times daily. I have never posted a lot but I do have 32 positive feedback from buying/selling. I need to participate more so I guess this will force me to do it. Rules are rules and it is what it is.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here's the question..in the past, once you posted your ad, you could continually edit/update the price, add more, etc...but now...after I made the original in cooler forum, paid the $5, then admin moved to BST forum...once there, I can't edit/update or do anything...like what I'm trying to do is lowering the price...so what do we do? So we contact admin every time we want to modify? Wouldn't be too much of a hassle for them? Or is this something like "once you posted, you can't ad"

I guess I'm still unsure how this work...like the idea..but I think it's too complicated.

Help on the way for my concern?

I agree with the rule change, but there's going to be a lot more "I agree" or "+1" type posts from posters trying to boost their post count so they can start selling on this site.

Ping G430 Max 10.5* w/ GD Tour AD TP
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 18* w/ GD Tour AD DI

Srixon ZX MkII 19* & 24* w/x100
Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 48-52-56-61 w/ PX 6.5

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mil Spec  

[quote name='Aces-5' date='16 May 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1274007975' post='2444682']
Hey GX, here may be a thought? Most of the guys I see creating the majority of the noise over this have probably never donated a dime to the site. They just want to breeze through and sell their gear and move on. Perhaps, in lieu of the 75 posts encouarge (require) them to purchase a $35 Charter Membership. Upon purchase of that membership that would nullify the 75 post count rule for that individual. Happy member that can post in the BST and helps the WRX coffer. May not work and is probably a poor idea but I present it anyway.

Good luck and I appreciate the site and the dedication to making it a better/safer place!
[/quote]

I agree that something needed to be done. The post count is the easiest fix but also agree if you have a new member that joins and pays the $35 to become a Charter Member the 75 post count should be waived.

9.5* Titleist 910 d2 w/Aldila RIP Phenom
16.5* Titleist 910f w/Aldila RIP Phenom
22* Titleist 503h
5-PW Ping G25
52*, 56*, 60* Vokeys
Scotty Studio Select 2.6 Custom

Although this does suck for us members that do not contribute a lot to the site and have conducted fair and honest BSTs, I was honestly surprised that when I joined the site the BST did not have a required post count in order to conduct business. It will most certainly eliminate a lot of the "shady" ads that are posted on the site. From a business stand point this is a no brainer.

How can I Tell the amount of posts I've accumulated? Thanks

My 2021 WTB:
Driver - Taylormade Sim Max 9* Tensei White 
Fairway Wood - Tour Edge EXS Pro 13.5* Tensei Blue 

Hybrid - Tour Edge EXS Pro 17* Tensei Blue

Irons - Titleist (2020) T100 w/ TT tour issued X100 120's 4-PW
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8, w/ TT tour issued X100 120's
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft 2 Black Series

Balls - Mostly Taylormade Lethal, or TP5, and sometimes Titleist AVS 

I really appreciate these Forums and have no complaints. I don't care what the reasoning is behind it, but I'm sure there is some and that's good enough for me. In fact I just decided to break down and pay the 35 bucks for general principal to join the ClubWRX even though I probably won't use the discounts anyway.

I don't see where you need to post a reply in the BST Forums anyway. PM's always get response faster since the seller is probably not sitting there watching his/her add anyway.

Start chastizing those who ask for a "gifted" payment and your post count will go up. Maybe: "We don't serve your kind here" with a little Star Wars bar music. Personally, I never would want to do business with someone who wants to cheat to save a few bucks.

Also I have a suggestion. Why not have more than one rule that allows a listing in the BST? Other than the 75 post minimum, maybe allowing the post if you've been a GOOD member for say longer than a year, or waiving the rule to those who pay the 35.00 Charter Member fee, or maybe a minimum amount of EXCELLENT FEEDBACK.

Just a suggestion...
...and I do fall under the 75 post minimum limit, although I have approximatively 36 post I do feel that I chime in on particular topics that I have legitimate (and knowledgeable) info to contribute.

Know that I do enjoy this site, and will abide by ANY and ALL rules. Thanks.

My 2021 WTB:
Driver - Taylormade Sim Max 9* Tensei White 
Fairway Wood - Tour Edge EXS Pro 13.5* Tensei Blue 

Hybrid - Tour Edge EXS Pro 17* Tensei Blue

Irons - Titleist (2020) T100 w/ TT tour issued X100 120's 4-PW
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8, w/ TT tour issued X100 120's
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft 2 Black Series

Balls - Mostly Taylormade Lethal, or TP5, and sometimes Titleist AVS 

I'm not against this if that's what the "community" wants, but as a buyer (or seller), I base my decisions on feedback score over post count any day. I just don't see the relationship between talking a lot and being a good seller/buyer. Most crooks in sales are smooth talkers, and most of the disputes I read about are from sellers with high post counts. Another option could be that you have to build up positive feedback as a buyer and earn trust by sticking to your word, paying in a timely fashion etc.. But, people rarely leave feedback, so forget about that idea...

Seems like an interesting concept to limit those of 75+ posts to be able to utilize the BST. But y'all don't charge to post ads, it is your show........

I don't understand why people agree to "gift" payments when they buy items. When gifting a payment, you give up your buyer protection through paypal. So you could "gift" someone a payment, then they just keep the item and you have no action to take against this person..........rather pay a little more to cover the fee so that I have the piece of mind that my purchase is protected......

[quote name='Slowpoke' date='15 May 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1273975133' post='2443950']
Good idea in theory, but still nothing on PP gifting. I think that would do more to protect site members than anything else. Make sellers do the math and protect our BST
[/quote]

As a buyer I just won't do it period. As a seller I don't expect it either so I don't ask, if you are going to sell just figure it as part of the cost of doing business and it's still a lot less expensive than the 'bay and their percentages. JMHO
Frankie

[quote name='tremendous_slouch' date='16 May 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1273996691' post='2444625']
[quote name='Gxgolfer' date='16 May 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1273979049' post='2444164']
Reference the date of this thread and the discussions that took place:
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/page__st__80"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ad/page__st__80[/url]

Decision had nothing to do with management and was demanded by the community.
[/quote]

This policy doesn't really affect me since I don't buy or sell golf items on the site (I have 3 golfing brothers that seem to "like" my old equipment when they find out I bought something new).

However, I think to say that this rule was "demanded by the community" is a stretch (you should really say that it was "demanded by a group of members that had more than 75 posts." Setting up a forum thread and asking for opinions is not an effective way to find out what the "community" wants. If you take a quick look at that forum, a majority of the responders had well over 75 posts, and many of the responders with less than 75 posts were against it. It's easy for someone to "demand" something when it won't affect them personally.

I'm curious what the response would have been if the thread indicated that everyone's post count would be reset to "0"? I would also be curious to find out how many posts those members had when they posted their first BST ad? I'm guessing most of them would have had less than 75.

I also did a quick check of the BST dispute section and found many disputes were against members that had well over 75 posts.

I guess my point is that this new rule is a "Bandaid" to a perceived problem with the BST forum and in the long run won't solve any problems that it is intended to. And if the forum owners really wanted to see what the "community" demands, then why not send out a questionnaire to all members and wait until you get a majority response?

I grew up with the rule that "buyer beware", which forced ME to be sure about who I was buying something from. While I don't think that having a rule of "buyer beware" will solve the problem, I think that these days many buyers think that they can buy a Rolex watch for $200 from a guy in a back alley, and when they find out it's a fake, they expect the police to find the guy and punish him. Having 20 BST rules for the seller and NONE for the buyer (not even warnings) I think gives buyers too much confidence in both the seller and the forum owners to come to their rescue when things go wrong. The buyer needs to be warned just as much as the seller.

Just my opinion. As I mentioned, I don't buy/sell things here so the rule doesn't affect me. That's the same reason I didn't respond to the original post.
[/quote]

Beyond those threads I and the moderators get 100s of request about this. Its a PITA and I quite frankly would prefer to just shut down the BST section. Its takes 3 or 4 mods dedicated to the section that only is there to help people sell. I have ran polls, threads, etc. As I stated earlier, Those in the community that care did speak and were the majority. If you didn't speak up or vote, then we are only going by what the community demands. These changes were not initiated by ownership but we are dealing with what the majority of the community wants and working with them on these changes.

We will probably allow ClubWRX members to post in the BST who have under 75 posts. Pinned Ad fees will change to $10 each and $5 per renewal.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

ClubWRX members have rights to post and create Ads now. Posted rules will be updated. For members under 75 posts and do not meet posting criteria, then it will be $5 to create a non pinned Ad in the BST. To have an Ad Pined at the top of the forum, the fee will go up to $10 per week, $5 per week renewal.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

I think that something has to be done and I'm not sure this is it. There are approxmiately 85,000 members on here and I don't want to read what all of them have to say.

Example, I don't want to have to read 50 posts before I see Joe Kwok or someone educated answer a question or make a comment.

I think the site should be more about quality then quantity. Maybe you should have to have a positive feedback rating of 10 before you can make a For Sale Ad, I dunno, I just see this rule making the forums more cluttered with useless info.

My two cents... If a person wants to sell on this website then they will need to play by the rules. I don't meet the required 75 posts yet have previously sold and bought many items through the BST. But, some people do just enjoy reading reviews, ideas etc and I do find it a little strange to force someone into conversation when they may have nothing valuable to add. This rule will just encourage pointless posts just to fill the 75 post requirement. I'm very good friends w/ a member here who is a quality buyer/seller, easily spent more money than just about anyone on gear here ( he says about $70K), and he has 6 posts. So now he will have to post 69 more times just to be able to do what he was doing before? It's not very logical.

Matt

[quote name='Gxgolfer' date='16 May 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1274031793' post='2445267']
ClubWRX members have rights to post and create Ads now. Posted rules will be updated. For members under 75 posts and do not meet posting criteria, then it will be $5 to create a non pinned Ad in the BST. To have an Ad Pined at the top of the forum, the fee will go up to $10 per week, $5 per week renewal.
[/quote]

Everything should be set now. Whew, I'm exhausted. That was a lot of work!

Great job guys. Sorry it was such a PITA.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Matthewwildcats12' date='16 May 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1274032704' post='2445288']
My two cents... If a person wants to sell on this website then they will need to play by the rules. I don't meet the required 75 posts yet have previously sold and bought many items through the BST. But, some people do just enjoy reading reviews, ideas etc and I do find it a little strange to force someone into conversation when they may have nothing valuable to add. This rule will just encourage pointless posts just to fill the 75 post requirement. I'm very good friends w/ a member here who is a quality buyer/seller, easily spent more money than just about anyone on gear here ( he says about $70K), and he has 6 posts. So now he will have to post 69 more times just to be able to do what he was doing before? It's not very logical.

Matt
[/quote]

If he doesn't want to post, then he can join ClubWRX or pay $5 in order to place a non-pinned Ad in the BST. 75 posts were chosen to establish posting history and if someone is just trying to run it up, it will be fairly obvious. Plus, the community should be policing themselves on these potential issues of quality.

BST AD Help

I really like Aces-5 idea of having people become Charter members...in fact, we should take it one step further and make everyone become a Charter member to post...that way we can keep this site going and use some of the funds to enhance this website. I need to figure out how to become one now...never knew it existed

[quote]k i undersatnd the post count but I have a problem with part of it..I just posted an item 2 days ago selling a set of clubs and I haveto make an admendment to the post but can not because I dont have 75 posts...even tho I posted this item before this came into effect...
[/quote]
You should be able to edit just fine. Replying not so much.

Being someone who has less than 75 posts I don't think it's a bad rule and I get it. I understand how nice this BST forum is an I do appreciate it. However, I guess coincidentally, I posted something for sale probably about an hour or so before this new rule was posted in the BST forum. My ad remained until fairly recently (last couple hours). I think it's BS that mine was pulled down as well as if it happened to anyone else. It should have gone in effect from the point it was posted forward. I spent a fair amount of time putting that ad together and completely wasted my time. Had I known I never would have posted it to begin with.

I have a question about this new rule. When I make a post, which I don't do a ton of unless it's something I find the need to, it says under my name that I have 64 posts. If I go to my profile, that says I have 80 active posts...so which number is the one that will be used for the new rule? I mean I have had nothing but great experiences in the BST forum with feedback over 10 now and I just want to be clear on the new ruling.

Thanks in advance

The Big Dog ~ G425 LST | AD UB 6x
The 3 Banger ~ Mavrik MAX | AD DI 7x
The 5 Banger ~ Mavrik SZ | Motore F3 7x

The Metal ~ T200 4-W
The Shovels ~ SM7 54, 58
Flatstick ~ Spider X Chalk Stability Tour

The post count you see in the topic page is what is used. Yeah annoying little discrepency there but its because some forums are set to not count to your post count after posting(its a counter) while the post count you see on your profile page is just a complete total of all posts fetched each time you visit the profile.

No sorry Bill, this is not helping anyone. It was a rule that was surreptitiously introduced by the people that run the site and then attributed to the members at large.
I never saw a poll that said overwhelmingly there should be a retroactive rule change--didnt happen.
I wonder if you put up a poll now if it would pass.
Now dont get me wrong, if the owners of this site want to ruin their BST like the GEA was ruined, well then thats their perogative.
But dont tell us its for our own good.

Wait a minute guy!
You create a post and a question and then people pile on.......
Then you act as if the membership wanted it?
Come on man, give us some credit.

This was your idea and a few people just jumped on it.

I would see it if the idea continually came up and then perhaps the results of a poll cemented that desire.

I think it has to do with the fact that your bandwidth is being taken up by people only interested in selling stuff and not really all that interested in other banter.

The question is why you didnt just come out and say that---rather than try and obfuscate and lay the post requirement on the members.

I like how you call it commando selling, adding a pejorative connotation to some one who wants to sell an item on a free forum.
People follow all the ridiculous rules (one post per day, one item every 30 days etc--which BTW--limits the visits and hence less advertising dollars for you--but hey) so as to limit your bandwidth costs and now this---guess what--they call you a commando. Hhahahahhaha

Perfect example, no issues with gifting (its between buyers and seller--or should be)--now we have a new dictate.
Better pin a nice big BOLD post, so people can see they no longer can advertise "gifting."

Sellers now need to post --email privately to discuss Price and Payment Options.

This observes the rules as private emails may be about paypal or money order or check or other services.

Thats a very poor idea, demanding payment. I was part of another golf forum, they went to a $20 fee. It destroyed the place. People are about free--especially in this economy.
Whether you think its a good idea or not, that makes ZERO difference. Its about how people feel about paying $35 a year--and the fact is, they wont do it.
Its simple internet economics.

[quote name='ZMO' date='16 May 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1274044737' post='2445608']
Perfect example, no issues with gifting (its between buyers and seller--or should be)--now we have a new dictate.
Better pin a nice big BOLD post, so people can see they no longer can advertise "gifting."

Sellers now need to post --email privately to discuss Price and Payment Options.

This observes the rules as private emails may be about paypal or money order or check or other services.
[/quote]

Don't like the new policies, that's fine. As I tell my kids, there's way to express your opinion without having it sound like your whining.

Sorry, that's what it sounds like.