OBAN SHAFT GIVEAWAY --- plus 5 KIYOSHI T-Shirt winners!

I'm an Oban guy and have been for quite some time now it seems, loaded my Titty 909H's with Revenge hybrids and literally braught them to life. Revenge 80s in my Fairway with same exact result. My trusted Cobra L4V is loaded with a Kiyoshi and it's a freakin cannon, are you kidding me!!! I've invested worthless amounts of money on inferior products until now, please do not follow the common route and dumb down these jems, simply the bomb! :)

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a typical WRX'er, just buying shafts because they were Diamana, Ozik, and Fujikura, never considering being fitted. After years or mediocre wood play, and tons of money, I decided to get fitted! I went to my club fitter and after about an hour, we made it around to the Tour Prototype V430. 15 minutes later...PAID FOR. I don't even think the Devo was out yet, if it was, he didn't have one.

I hated hybrids especially and needed a new one. I went back to my club fitters range to demo some hybrids. After hitting a few and trying some shaft combos, he pulled out an Adams Idea Pro Gold with an Oban Devotion hybrid shaft. A few swings later, paid for. Well, I told him I had been struggling with my tee balls too, well, 15 minutes later, Oban Devotion 65...paid for! The Devo was a better fit for me!

I recently hit a buddie's Super Hybrid and liked it a lot better than my Pro Gold. So, I bought a brand new Super Hybrid 21* and had my club fitter pull my Oban Devotion and install it. This club combo will never leave my bag. I have a Superdeep and I hope they keep the same heads going so that I can keep my Devotion shaft too! I just bought a new 3 wood and guess what, I'm on the prowl for an 85 stiff Oban Devotion. Thanks for this contest, it couldn't have come at a better time, just in case I win LOL. Thanks again Oban, great contest. I will be a customer for a long time.

Ping G430 10.5 1k blue 65x
Titleist TS2 16.5* DI7x

Titleist TS2 21* DI8x
Ping Blueprint 4-PW x100
Ping s159 50/56/60*

LAB Mezz Max

I've only been able to hit an Oban shaft a few times but WOW was I impressed. I've hit both the Devotion and Revenge and was impressed with both. The Devotion was in a driver and the Revenge in a 3 wd. Both performed perfectly. The Devotion was incredibly stable and hit the ball in a piercing trajectory. I've been able to get the same great ball flight with other shafts but none of those had the smooth feel of the Devotion. Couldn't believe you could get that kind of trajectory and stability with such a smooth feel. The Revenge had a slightly higher flight, which was great for a fairway wood, but the same stability and great feel. I normally would have gone right out a bought one but current financial situation won't allow it.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

i have never played with an Oban, but love to hit one.

Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

I just recently picked up a Oban Devotion 7 X. Put this in my TM Tour Burner T3 and this has been the best FW combo I've ever hit. I know that I can expect to have a very consistent and stable feel thru impact. It produces a very low spin and boring trajectory. I love the graphics/color combo and looks great with my white Iomic. The price point for this shaft and what it offers is truly incredible. I've been playing a RIP in my driver and and seriously considering putting a Devotion with that or trying a Kiyoshi.

The thing that does it for me with Oban products is the color of the shafts. Best out there bar none!

Have not have the pleasure of hitting an Oban shaft. The color of the Kiyoshi shaft has me interested though. Yes, I like purple!!! The launch characteristics (high launch, low spin) of this shaft has me the most interested.

Last year I went from a 9* to a 10* driver and I'm loving the high launch, low spin that I get. Pick me for the Kiyoshi shaft, and I will definitely give it a good review, IF it is worthy of one (based on MY swing of course).

I wouldn't mind a tee shirt either.

Thanks
OBAN and GolfWRX.

I've had a Devotion in my 3 wood for 2 years and recently got a Revenge for my driver just because the Dev was so damn good. An amazingly great shaft for feel and capacity to load up.

I remember my Ho mates drooling over my Devotion when I first got it....one then proceeded to outstage me with the damn thing when he hit a 300yd tee shot with my 3 wood. The thing is that as a 4 flex it could handle both his high speed swing and mine and feel just as good for both of us.

He has since joined the Oban club!

A Kiyoshi tipped with a Cobra S2 adapter would be just about perfect for me!

Thank You for the opportunity to play a top of the line shaft.

Steve

UPDATE

Oban Shafts wants to hear your success story with their shafts.

Oban Shafts will pick (5) lucky t-shirt winners and (1) lucky shaft winner for their best success review or/and story posted in this thread.

The KIYOSHI t-shirts are tour issue which were only given to tour players, tour rep and some of their dealers.The lucky winners will select between either brown or gray.

kiyoshi.jpg

revenge_img.jpg

devo_img.jpg

The winner of the shaft will get to choose one Oban shaft either from the Devotion, Revenge or Kiyoshi line. Sorry, but the Tour Prototypes are NOT included at this time.

Winners will be contacted by either me or Sakman not long after the end of the contest due date. Oban will close this contest on November 17, 2010.

Fire up your writing skills!

Good Luck!

Joe

Note: Oban shaft wants to thank you for your participation and effort to make this contest fun and yet informative for others who need information about Oban shaft products from the end user.

I have yet to be able to actually afford one of the Oban shafts (saving up for one). However, my friend let me borrow his R9 with an Oban Devotion in it while he was out of town and I absolutely crushed it. I had a stock R9 previously and never really thought much of it, but after how I played with his I am completely sold on Oban shafts. It actually gave me confidence in my driver again, so much so that I bought my friends R9 head and am saving up for an Oban shaft. They feel good in the hands all the way through impact and am blown away by the results. If I get picked you will make one very happy flat land player.

[size="3"][b]I recently had a driver fitting at my local golf store. The goal of the fitting was to learn the intricacies of the relationship between my individual swing and how a certain driver shaft can help maximize my performance. They measured my current driver, the Taylormade R9 SuperTri, specifications, (length, swingweight, shaft stiffness, overall weight, balance point,) and evaluated my current club performance using launch monitor data. From there, the fitter optimized a driver shaft using fitting software that provided me with the best shaft for my driver head. [/b][/size]

[b][size="3"]I was already decided on the Taylormade R9 SuperTri driver head since I really enjoy these drivers. The fitter had me try the Aldila VooDoo VS6 65g S first. While this is a popular shaft we agreed that my numbers weren't the best with this shaft. I was having a ball flight that was a little too low and preventing me from getting the most distance. The feel was just average to me as well.[/size][/b]

[b][size="3"]Next, I tried the UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Tour Red 69g in S. This shaft was better than the first for me. I was getting a slightly better ballflight since it was a bit higher but a little too much spin. The feel was better than the Voodoo as I felt I had a better feel at impact. It had a nice smooth and firm feel but I wanted to try a shaft that would give me a little less spin.[/size][/b]

[b][size="3"]That led my fitter to let me try the Oban Kiyoshi 65g S last. From the first ball I hit my ball flight was much better than the other two shafts I had tried. It gave me a higher penetrating ball flight that was optimal for my swing. The spin I got on the shaft was also perfect according to my fitter and the feel was the best of all the shafts I had tried. The feel was very smooth, not harsh, and I really felt in control of the ball. My drives were nearly 15 years longer than the previous shafts due to the optimal flight and spin. He told me that he has been impressed with the Oban line of shafts from doing various fittings with golfers. I hit about 20 balls with it and we agreed this was the shaft for me. [/size][/b]

[b][size="3"]Since using the Oban Kiyoshi shaft I have wanted to purchase one. There was no ballooning effect but a perfect trajectory flight without too much spin. I plan on getting Oban shafts for all my woods since it has helped my golf game so much. Thanks Oban for creating these shafts for us who love the game of golf.[/size][/b]

[b][size="3"]-Aaron[/size][/b]
[size="3"][/size]

i never hit oban shaft but i like to try one, send me one to austin :)

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

So the 9064LS shows up on the day promised and I drop everything and take it to the range. Great head but the stock shaft is just BLAH! Home and later that night to the workshop where I install a an AXIVcore green and the next day to the range again and just not quite right - not total confidence and a couple of quackers.

Back home and to the workshop that night and install Voodoo I had hanging around and took it to the range and terrible results. High balloons. Back to the workshop where I took a BB out of my prior gamer (MP-600) and tried it in the 9064LS. Again, just not right with ballflight just too high - - but almost perfect.

Along comes a Devotion I traded for and from the first swing to now (3 months) I have not even considered a shaft or gamer change and for a club-ho like me that is really saying something. Great job Oban and in the 9064LS I get perfect ballflight, ability to work it, have not quacked one yet and have total confidence to take out the driver on almost any hole. I am not just saying it but I am a better golfer with this shaft in my driver.

The search continues for a 3-wood shaft!

S

I have no experience with Oban shafts, unfortunately. I live in Denmark, and here it's nearly imposible to get a hold of other than stock 'made for' shafts for anything, unless you know the right people, which I don't.

The retailers in Denmark doesn't sell anything else than stock, and if it was posible to get a hold of anything non stock, it would cost your left testicle and both your arms.

Prices here, even on stock stuff is insane, 1,279$ for a 4-pw set of say, AP2's.. you get the idea.

For 2011 I plan on changing most of my 7 year old bag, and wouldn't it be insanely awesome to actually try some premium stuff? yes it would. But thats not going to happen unless the demodays for the different OEMs actually plan on bringing other than stock 'made for' to their demodays (which they usually doesn't). :(

Reading all these love stories from people with Oban shafts makes me feel like im really missing out.

Congrats to who ever wins, you are one lucky son of a b.. :)

Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5 Fujikura PRO 62
TM SLRD 3 WOOD
Callaway APEX #3 Hybrid
PING I200 KBS Tour 4-UW
SM6 56 (@55), SM6 60

Well, the golf season is basically over here in the Northwest (that probably won't stop me) and I just received my Kiyoshi with R9 tip in the mail. It's cold and windy, but I want to try it out, so I head to the range. I warm up with some irons and I am not striking it particularly well. Move on to the driver, which is a Superdeep 9.5 with a Matrix Xcon 7, and I hit a few good ones and a few snap hooks. The swing is just not quite right today. So, now on to try the new shaft. I pull the Matrix and replace it with the lovely purple Kiyoshi. First thing I notice is that the 75gm Kiyoshi feel much lighter than the 78gm Matrix Xcon 7. Weird. I take a few practice swings and the shaft feels fast. I like it. I step up and hit it pretty poorly... but the ball takes off, right down my line, with a little draw, and pretty long. I think to myself, "Wow, I can't believe how well that flew with that contact." I don't think I caught a single shot with the Kiyoshi solid, but they were all straighter and longer than anything I had hit with the Matrix. The Kiyoshi will definitely being going into my bag for the next round I play, so I can see if it can perform well on the course as it did on the range. I just hope the next round comes before March...

I played an OBAN Devotion in a 9032LS head for most of last year and it was excellent. The shaft was extremely stable yet it still had a fantastic feel through impact. The Devotion not only controlled my spin rates but it also narrowed up my shot dispersion....simply an all around excellent product. Would probably still be using this driver combo but a close friend has yet to return it to me......probably due to his significant improvement from the tee as well. Would love to try the new Kiyoshi shaft though(hint, hint)!