Graphite Design Tour AD DI

G.Review

[quote name='PGAPankey' timestamp='1342664094' post='5304866']
I just picked up a 6s to put in my 910d3 but I'm curious about how much to tip it. My ss is about 105 with medium tempo and a highish launch. So should I tip it more than the 1/2 in for the 910 tip? Thanks.
[/quote]

I just installed an ad di 6s in my 910d2. My ss is 100. Smooth swinger. Mine is tipped 3/8". Good shaft - wasnt overly impressed (but that is probably due to the fact there is so much out there about this shaft I was expecting a wow factor).

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a long hitter--- getting older tends to take the "pow" out of your swing- ss is right at 100, and this shaft for me in stiff, with no tipping is really something else; best driver shaft I've ever used. Hit it sky high, low, draw, fade, whatever and yes, it is definitely long. I've got in an Xhot 10.5 and I'm glad I spent the money for this. For me, I would spend the money all over again- I like it that much. I think a really important/crucial thing is to be 100% sure you buy one that has not been tipped. The tip to first green ring is 25" in an untipped AD DI 6S. I didn't mention feel, but the only other shaft that has this kind of feel (call it sublime) are the Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6 and 6.1. I can't compare launch monitor numbers, just feel and distance witnessed out on the range. But I really like it.

Ping G430 Max / G400 Max Drivers

Hybrids:  19* and 22* Ping G425

Irons:  Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Vokey SM9s

Putter:  Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #8

C-130 Cart Bag

Ecco golf shoes

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 8.5 degree ping g25. I had a Diamana Ahina 72g stiff in it, and I saw all of the hype surrounding this shaft and decided to indulge. I looked up the specs on graphite designs website and decided to get a DI6s. I would say I swing 105-109mph. I hit the ball around 250-275 so not extremely long. I got the shaft and immediately feel in love with how it feels through the ball, I have put a hand full of balls out there around 280-290 with it. But the misses are EXTREME! I hit fade with the driver and this club makes me look like a hack with a gigantic slice every now and then... I have never hit an X flex and I'm nervous to buy another one. What should I do?

Financial Representative
Modern Woodmen of America
Ping G30 - Tour AD DI 6x
Ping G25 5 Wood Tour AD DJ 8s
Ping G25 3-6 iron TT Dynamic Gold s300
Ping i25 7-UW TT Dynamic Gold s300
Ping Glide 56 & 60
Cameron Fastback

It seems to be a not uncommon theme that, stronger swingers spray the DI6 all over the joint. I often wonder if the 6 plays 1/2 flex soft, especially for heavy loaders. I found the 7 pretty stable.

Remember too the G25 is a pretty heavy hefty head. Perhaps you'd be looking at a stiff tipped 1/2" or more or an x in that heavy head. You didn't actually say whether you have a hard transition or not, just as important as SS in most cases.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I always found the DI 6s to be so soft, especially in the mid section. My SS is around 102mph, but maybe that perception of a sloppy feel is due to me having a later release. I hit the X Flex ok. I've been tempted to try the DI 7s, instead, but maybe it's just a bend profile that's so soft in the mid section, that it just doesn't suit that late release I have. Not a shaft that works for me.

Does anyone have firsthand experience comparing the DI-7 Stiff to the Aldila Tour Green 75 (stiff)? I just picked up a Callaway XHot 2 Pro 3 Wood with a Tour Green 75 in it and really like it, but I'm tempted to throw a DI-7 that I have sitting around in it. I guess I wouldn't mind a tad higher launch, but the Tour Green does feel very smooth. Am I crazy?

I'm in the processof tipping mine an inch now to beef it up a little... ill let yallknow what this does

Financial Representative
Ping G30 - Tour AD DI 6x
Ping Glide 56 & 60
Cameron Fastback

It's probably more of how the DI profile fits with your swing. I've owned both DI-6X and DI-7X and didn't notice the DI-6 being that much softer, but the profile in general just agrees with my swing.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I just hit it for the first time with the tipping. So far it is allot straighter. We will really see after my big tournament this weekend.

Financial Representative
Ping G30 - Tour AD DI 6x
Ping Glide 56 & 60
Cameron Fastback

I found a big difference between the 6 and 7. I loved the 6. I swapped it between 3 different drivers as I ho'd. I don't know why I ever sold it (I just bought a new one yesterday). The 6 felt smooth and stable. The 7 was a bit heavy for me. It was difficult for me to load (in comparison to the 6). I felt like I was overswinging with the 7, and that made my contact and dispersion horrible. I have a 95mph SS and a smooth transition.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking of getting this shaft in an X2 Hot head. I am currently an extremely happy owner of a Titleist 910 D2 with a 76g Stiff ProForce V2. My SS is 107 if I am swinging pretty smooth and about 112 cranked up. I wouldn't say I have an overly smooth swing. I would tend to lean more toward an aggressive swinger.

Should I get the 6 or the 7? I am thinking 7 because the specs seem to match the V2 so close. I am just tempted to see how the X2 Hot head feels with this shaft. If I don't like it, I'll pop the adapter off and get a 910/913 adapter to put on it.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Had an ahina 72S in an anser and tried a friends' anser with 6s. Felt really great so went for the Ad Di 7s since the weight was similar to the ahina. Never felt right, good shots were great bad shots were miles off (ss 106-112). Tried the ahina again and felt like a board compared to the Ad Di. Sold the 7s and got the 6x and it's just a world of difference. Very straight and long and I can hit it smooth or go full bore and it's right there with me. Best shaft I've ever used hands down. Don't fear the X!

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I have the DI 6x in my driver and the 8x in my 3 wood. I'm absolutely in love with the 6x. I tried the whiteboard, blueboard, and tour green. Both board shafts felt good, but the DI gave me much better "feel" for the quality of my swing; the tour green felt boardy.

As others have noted, the 7 and 8 are noticeably stiffer. I have absolutely zero problem loading the 6x, which is approximately a 6.9, but the 8x I have was tipped 1.5 inches. It's pretty beastly--perhaps too beastly for my swing speed.

Either way, the shaft is phenomenal and I can't recommend it enough.

[quote name='Mcaesq' timestamp='1404999730' post='9672523']
I have the DI 6x in my driver and the 8x in my 3 wood. I'm absolutely in love with the 6x. I tried the whiteboard, blueboard, and tour green. Both board shafts felt good, but the DI gave me much better "feel" for the quality of my swing; the tour green felt boardy.

As others have noted, the 7 and 8 are noticeably stiffer. I have absolutely zero problem loading the 6x, which is approximately a 6.9, but the 8x I have was tipped 1.5 inches. It's pretty beastly--perhaps too beastly for my swing speed.

Either way, the shaft is phenomenal and I can't recommend it enough.
[/quote]

I saw the same going from a DI 6s in driver to the 7s in 4 wood. 105-108 SS.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I first got the Di I was disappointed because it felt VERY flimsy. I tried it like it was for a week or so and hated it, I took it and had it tipped 1" and then fell in love with it. I like it so much that I put one in my 3 wood shortly after, then tried the DJ in my 5 wood. I am a fan!

Financial Representative
Ping G30 - Tour AD DI 6x
Ping Glide 56 & 60
Cameron Fastback

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='fowler52' timestamp='1300411665' post='3065507']
With correct tipping, this is a mid launch low spin beast. I have a 7 TX in a driver and it's killer. I've fit many people into the 6 for a higher launch with a touch of spin and the 7 and 8 for stronger players and fairway woods. As with all of the Tour AD line, tipping is crucial. Get it right and it's the best!
[/quote]

I have a Ping G25 with Tour Stiff Shaft. But the G20 was my favorite. Want to order another with the tour AD Di. My ss is 107 to 110. What set up do I need when I order. 6s or 7s, and tipping.

[quote name='Rapytlarz' timestamp='1420430660' post='10687439']
With correct tipping, this is a mid launch low spin beast. I have a 7 TX in a driver and it's killer. I've fit many people into the 6 for a higher launch with a touch of spin and the 7 and 8 for stronger players and fairway woods. As with all of the Tour AD line, tipping is crucial. Get it right and it's the best!
[/quote]

I have a Ping G25 with Tour Stiff Shaft. But the G20 was my favorite. Want to order another with the tour AD Di. My ss is 107 to 110. What set up do I need when I order. 6s or 7s, and tipping.
[/quote]

Really depends on the numbers your getting now and the ball flight you have now vs what you are wanting. Your swing speed it about the same as mine, I hit 6s tipped 1". I also hit tour stiff when I had a stock shaft.

Financial Representative
Ping G30 - Tour AD DI 6x
Ping Glide 56 & 60
Cameron Fastback

[quote name='blakefoote191' timestamp='1420463599' post='10688209']
[quote name='Rapytlarz' timestamp='1420430660' post='10687439']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really depends on the numbers your getting now and the ball flight you have now vs what you are wanting. Your swing speed it about the same as mine, I hit 6s tipped 1". I also hit tour stiff when I had a stock shaft.
[/quote]

I have a G25 with a tour stiff, it don't feel quite like the G20 with the tour stiff. I'm gonna order a G20 and 2 AD Di shafts a 6 and 7 in stiff flex. Give me your recomendations if I put the 6 in the 20 and the 7 in the 25. Used to have a YS7 S/X and it was the best shaft I have ever played, but they don't make it anymore. And thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a G25 and used to have a Diamana S+ 62 and I liked it well enough. It was a LOT better than the stock shaft. Then I tried a AD DI6 and absolutely love it. My swing speed is right around 105 with a slow backswing and a smooth transition. My drives are longer (although some of that could be attributed to the AD DI being 1/2 inch longer than the Diamana), love the ball flight, and my misses aren't as wild - even though the driver is a little longer now.
This shaft REALLY works for me, but everyone should be professionally fitted and see what works for them. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
I am thinking of getting this shaft in an X2 Hot head. I am currently an extremely happy owner of a Titleist 910 D2 with a 76g Stiff ProForce V2. My SS is 107 if I am swinging pretty smooth and about 112 cranked up. I wouldn't say I have an overly smooth swing. I would tend to lean more toward an aggressive swinger.

Should I get the 6 or the 7? I am thinking 7 because the specs seem to match the V2 so close. I am just tempted to see how the X2 Hot head feels with this shaft. If I don't like it, I'll pop the adapter off and get a 910/913 adapter to put on it.

Thoughts?

I just tested the 6x in my Aeroburner. Even with the Tour Issue head that sits a few degrees open, I had trouble holding off a fade. My SS is 111-116. I might try tipping the 6x 1". If that doesn't help, I'd like to try the 7x.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

6s tipped one inch in my G30 and it is the best I have hit, smooth like silk and great feel.

Ping G LS 10.5 AD DI 6S Tipped 1 Inch
Taylormade M2 HL 16.5 AD DI 7S Tipped 2 Inches
Ping G25 Hybrid 20 TFC S
Ping G25 Hybrid 23 TFC S
Ping G30 5-PW Blue Dot XP 95 S300
Vokey SM6 52F, 56M, 60K
Byron Morgan 615 GSS 350

• 2 months later...