2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Your best round ever.

RJC59

No executive courses allowed!!!
ey whats your best round ever? doesnt have to be the best score or the most under par, just the round that made u have that awsome rewarding feeling after it..

I'd say back when i started playing golf, I was 12 years old and I was playing in my first tournament ever, I was playing in the Ontario Bantam Championship and I shot a 2 over 74, at the time it was my best score by 8 strokes, and what a feeling to have it in the first tournament ive ever played.

So how about u guys.. if ur too lazy just say ur best score ever.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best complete round was a 65 (par 72) but my best round I think I've ever had going was 7 under through 14 holes. I started playing late in the day and birdied #14 to go 7 under in the dark. End of round. :cheesy:

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

73 on a par 71 in Bozeman, Montana. Course is called Bridger Creek. I think it plays like 6900 yards. Was even going into the last hole and took a hazard, double bogeying the hole. The front nine is pretty open but the greens are all crowned, making it difficult. The back nine greens are easier, but the fairways are tighter and surrounded by marshland. Not a bad track.

My best round ever in a tournament was a 65 in this years state am at Missoula Country Club. Low round of the tourney. The next day I took a wrong drop and later was disqualifed from the tournament. I had called the penalty on myself when relizing the water hazard was marked with yellow stakes and not red ones. Worst mistake of my playing career. My lowest round ever just playing with friends was 63 at my home course Big Mt. Golf Club. I had nine birdies and no bogies.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

about two months ago, 72 on par 72. I was 2 under going into 18, which is a short par 4, knew I was easily going to make par if I laid up short of the bunker, but noooo, though about the Nike comercial that say just play, lol. I will never listen to that one again. Hit a beautiful drive, started it off the bunker and tried to draw it back, splat, right into the left side of the bunker, rolled up to the lip, hacked it out about 10 feet, skulled a wedged and almost hit the pin and three putted.... Needless to say it was once again back to the drawing board to build a swing that can withstand pressure. The only reason I 3 putted was because I got greedy trying to save par, put a perfect stroke on it and forgot about it being down hill,lol. After I missed the par putt I pretty much gave up because I knew it was back to teh drawing board. I have only been playing 3 years and have never had a lesson, so, well needless to say, I am still working on it.. and I am back into the mid 70's grinding out rounds... good thing my short game is decent.

My lowest round ever was 2 over which is pretty good for a 10 handicap (and I was about a 14 at the time). I really consider myself to have 2 best rounds. One was coming from 7 strokes back in the 3rd round of a 3-day tournament to win my flight by 5 strokes.

The other was a 92 on the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. Played from the black tees which was about 7950 yards. Played 2 over with the wind and 18 over against the wind. Was hitting driver-3 wood on par fours and not getting there. Tour players would have had trouble breaking 80 that day. That 92 felt like a 72 given the 35-40 mph winds.

Low round was a 67 on a par 72 (35-32). I had a round of 72 a couple of weeks ago that was awesome as far as distance control and accuracy; but the putter balked on me that day (greens were hideous). As far as a tournament, I shot a 70 on the second day of a 4-ball tournament that pushed our team to first place and won the calcutta.

Overall:

68 on a par 72 (7147, 73.8, 136). It was a practice round the day before a tournament started. I began the round not even really intending to putt, except at the paint dots for the tourney locations. But the greens were starting to get quick and my first several approach shots were pretty near the hole, so I went ahead and played it out all day...at first intending to just get good speed control. Ended up 35 - 33 with 14 pars and 4 birdies. Made about a 20 footer on the difficult par 3 eighth to save par...was never in any real danger of making bogey the rest of the day (a 6 footer, a couple 4 footers). Best ball striking round of my life, though I have putted better. I had a 3 putt after reaching a par 5 in two and missed an 8 footer for birdie on another par 5...only played the 5 pars at -1 that day.

Competitive:

My club's matchplay championship last summer. Ended up shooting -2 70 (all but two concedes were measured in inches, two of them were ~3 footers. I made the turn 2 up after shooting +1 on the front, and my opponent and I went on to shoot a combined 8 under on the back. I won the match with a simple par on the first extra hole, but this round was one of those that I held up under pressure. Made a 25 footer on 17 for birdie after my opponent had knocked it to 2 feet. Made a beautiful 2 putt from 70 feet up and over ridge for birdie after knocking my 2nd on the front edge of a 5 par (opponent made eagle from ~20 feet to make it not matter). We combined for -5 over the closing 3 holes...and this match is still talked about at the 19th hole.

Titleist TSR2 10*, Ventus Blue
Titleist TSR2 15*, Ventus Blue
Titleist TSR2 18*, GD IZ
Titleist T100s, 4-GW, PX
Vokey SM9 54, 58
Scotty Super Rat 1
Pro V1x

76 on a Par 72 that plays 7200 yards. 7 bogies and 3 birdies, the rest pars.

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55X

G430 Max 3W/7W Alta CB 2.0 Tour 65S

G410 4H Alta CB Red 70S

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

MD4 Raw 54*, 60* Recoil 110S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

71 on a par 70. I had just moved here and about 3 months later went out with the guys from the office. They had seen me get in about 4-5 clubs in the mail and thought I was too die hard for them. I didn't really feel any pressure and played good. Seems like evertime I hit a bad shot, I followed it up with something spectacular. Career low. I haven't played much with them since!

I've shot 67 (par 71) a couple of times in competition and 65 (par 71) in a friendly, but the round I'm proudest of was a 77 on my first go at Pine Valley.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

Criminy! There are some good golfers here!

My best is a 70 on a par 71. I had a pretty ho-hum front 9 of +1. Par on 10, Bogey on 11, Par on 12, missed a 5 footer for eagle on 13 for birdie, then went par, birdie, birdie, bogey, birdie.

It was a fun day. I had been invited by the guys in the neighborhood whom I had never played with. One dude that is a quasi-pro had shot a 76 and was walking around with his chest all puffed up...until he saw my card.

I had another shot at the same course last Friday and shot 83. :idhitit:

74 two weeks ago at Cook's Creek. 35-39. Hit 13 fairways, birdied #7, then bogied #12 (my missed fairway), 13 (120 yard par 3), and 15 (165 yard par 3). Damn.

77 Father's day this year at Stonewater (from the tips).

75 at OSU Scarlet about 6 years ago...from the whites...played with a woman who told me where to put my shots and somehow they kept going where she'd pointed me.

Each round was pretty uneventful.

My lowest round is a 67 although that was only 2 under. My lowest round to par is three under on a par 72 layout. I must say though that my round that gave me the most satifacation was a 2 over 71. The reason? I hit 4 greens. I suppose that tells you something about my short game.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

Lowest Round Ever:

62 at Webhannet Golf Club, Kennebunk, Maine

8 Birdies

1 Eagle

1 Bogey

Best Round Ever: 66 in the second round of the 2003 Maine Amateur. 6 birdies, no bogeys, captured the #1 Seed for the Match Play portion of the tournament. Ended up losing in the final to a former University of Maine teammate.

2016 M1 430 Tour Issue Diamana 60x
2016 M1 3 Wood Diamana 80x
TM R9 TI 2 Iron Recoil 125 F5
TM P770 3-PW KBS FLT 130x
Vokey SM6 52
Vokey SM6 60 bent to 58
Odyssey White Hot #8 (33")
Odyssey White Hot Pro #3 (34")