NWGWRX Tourney!

whitefro

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

As I'm still new to Washington, but I love the feel of friendly, competitive golf, and I'm not yet back from Afghanistan I would be very interested in such a thing as well.

9.5deg Titleist 913 D3/Tour AD DI 7X
15 Titleist 906f2/MR Diamana Blue 103x
21deg Adams A12 Pro black/Matrix Ozik
4-PWCallaway RazrX MB/KBS C taper Xstiff
Vokey SM4 51, 56, 60/DG X100
Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

• 3 weeks later...

All.
I would be happy to set this up. I have some great connections with the Oki Golf tournament director and run about 5-6 tourneys a year through them (Wa National, Newcastle Coal/China, Redmond Ridge, Harbour Pointe, Trophy Lake, Indian Summer). I get a flat rate, for any Oki Course, from April to Sept. :)

We have about 50 members in our league/group, and normally see about 24-32 per event. I can accomodate up to a full field shotgun if there is a ton of interest from people on these boards (I have no clue how many Seattle area folks read/post here).

If people showed interest, I could create a "email" list, set an event date, etc. for Golfwrx folks. I could start planning for April/May. If folks from Portland/Vancouver area wanted to come up for larger participation, Id be happy to run a two day tourney as well if the interest is there. Would be fun! Havent been around long enough to know how best to do this within the WRX boards, if you have suggestions please let me know. I could always just create a webpage and link to all for registration/signups......

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in! As long as I have decent lead time, I would love to meet other WRXers.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

@GG - As you know these things are terrbily difficult to pull off due to this that and the other; however, the Arizona gang showed it can be done, but you need a few stars to align, such as:
- a Sat/Sun that happens to be in an open spot for 'enough' people
- a course folks would want to play
- a reputable/known organizer
- paying some amount up front once dates and venue had been set to separate the bailers from those who are serious
- and certainly most easily for here, a group of great people, and who from the PNW isn't great?! :)

Assuming its on a weekend, I'd happily schedule one of my regular-ish trips up to BC to play and would put down the monies for the greenfee to make it happen.
Why not circulate some serious options at the start of the year, settle on a date and course by Feb for a late Spring outting? :)

Betcha at least 5 foursomes could be thrown together. Get enough folks from BC and Oregon and we could have a BC/Oregon vs Washington Ryder Cup ;)

Anyhoo, I'll be watching this thread and will hope something can be sorted out for next year!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1414471974' post='10360825']
@GG - As you know these things are terrbily difficult to pull off due to this that and the other; however, the Arizona gang showed it can be done, but you need a few stars to align, such as:
- a Sat/Sun that happens to be in an open spot for 'enough' people
- a course folks would want to play
- a reputable/known organizer
- paying some amount up front once dates and venue had been set to separate the bailers from those who are serious
- and certainly most easily for here, a group of great people, and who from the PNW isn't great?! :)

Assuming its on a weekend, I'd happily schedule one of my regular-ish trips up to BC to play and would put down the monies for the greenfee to make it happen.
Why not circulate some serious options at the start of the year, settle on a date and course by Feb for a late Spring outting? :)

Betcha at least 5 foursomes could be thrown together. Get enough folks from BC and Oregon and we could have a BC/Oregon vs Washington Ryder Cup ;)

Anyhoo, I'll be watching this thread and will hope something can be sorted out for next year!
[/quote]
I know all about it Duffer :) I deal with all of the above items regularly within my own group.
Moving forward..........
1) I will get a independent website set up which will have the ability for registration, sign up, event info, deadlines etc. My developer co-hort can whip up this quickly. This will allow it to be outside of a forum thread (or in addition to I suppose).
2) I would propose Gold Mt., Home Course, or Trophy Lake for the venue. All very good tracks, and I have worked with all of their Tournament Directors multiple times.
Any day in April/May has a chance for rain (duh), but May is always safer. We'll start with May 9th.
3) If we play Trophy Lake, I can go as low as 12 people for the Tourney, all the way up to a full field shotgun. The Tourney Director for Oki is also the one I take lessons from, great guy and very flexible with our group. Home Course and Gold Mt. will require earlier commitments from people for holding spots. Typically our league runs around 24-30 guys for our events; once we get larger than that they push towards mod shotgun, which means early am tee time. For those travelling the day of the event, a noon start would be better (so the PDX folks could travel up morning of)
4) I have lots of guys within my League (even if they are non-wrx folks) who would love to come play as well.
5) All tourney costs would be prepaid up front. This allows for simplicity of running event day of, and removes the bailers. Whether we included skins/prizes for KP's etc, I would be able to get some prizes lined up before the event to pass out. What we did for competition sake is open to suggestion.
6) As always, this just requires participation to make it work!

I will get working on the webpage and link to it once it is finished........

thanks all

Awesome man! Thank you for putting in the effort. I hope we can get a decent turn out. My wife is due with our second child at the beginning of April. So by May I should be in the clear to go out any do something fun! (with only a small amount of resentment from her) :)

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I actually run 6-8 tournaments a year in the Portland and SW Washington area.

We always have 60+ guys with cash payouts and side games (skins and a deuce pot). I try to run them at either a private club or a nice local course (better turnouts). It's a pretty competitive game for gross as we have some pretty good Ams and some local pros play.

I actually have a website for sign ups and payments, course details, and results.

We have some WRXers play and I can always make room for more if there are any local guys who want in.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok....im gonna get this started all.....
*Projected date of May 16th, with an afternoon start time.
*Somewhere in the Tacoma/South End of the city so that PDX folks can drive up and it is not too terrible with travelling south for Seattle folks.
*Courses that would work well: Trophy Lake, Gold Mt., Home Course.
*Cost will be somewhere in the $75-100 range with prizes, green fees, range balls, etc. if I am taking a guess (as it will vary form course to course....)
*All tournament fees will be required to be paid up front, with a minimum 1 week registration deadline prior to date event is held (via CC/Paypal)
*Requirements for Handicaps will be a GHIN or other recognized Handicap (otherwise will play to scratch regardless of flight).

Initial thoughts before I reach out to courses and see what advanced requirements they are going to make me commit to?

Thanks all

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates??

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

[quote name='GingerGolfer' timestamp='1424101655' post='10963331']NOthing more then I sent out before.....I am going to get the webpage designed for signups, once I get people registered (signed up/non-pay initially) I can get an idea for head count.......[/quote]

Sounds good! My vote is for the home course!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...

My golf league software guy is generating a webiste/signup page as we speak. I have a call into Ron Hagen at the Home Course for price and availability for 30-40 guys for [b]May 9th starting around 1pm[/b]. As I have no idea the interest level, this number of guys could be extremely high (or low?!?!).
I would ask that once the registration page is setup, if you could all sign up with email/password/ghin number, payment will not be required till we get closer....we wont use your info for anything other then this tourney....
I will have everything be prepaid via paypal/CC and registration will close May 2nd in order to get the course a firm number.
Ross, post to this thread when you have the info....from there, we will then watch for signups.

Thanks all!

ok, website is setup guys!!!!! May 9th at the Home Course is what we are shooting for.

http://hackers.golfleaguenow.com/entry_form.php?scheduleId=1

I didnt want to have any WRX name issues, so Ross just came up with something else. No one is a hacker at WRX of course, so the name is ironic :)
Once you register, you will be in the database for this tourney, and will also be where you can pay, see updates to the event, etc.
You will be able to import your Ghin is you have one.....
Also, we will have live scoring functionality with our software the day of the Tourney(all that is required is a member of each foursome to enter on smartphone post-hole). Very cool way to watch yourself go up/down leaderboard in real time in gross/net.

I have put a request in for 40 spots with the Home Course. Price will probably be in the estiamted $50 range for golf, plus whatever we add in for prizes, skins, etc. Based on initial demand in the next 2-3 weeks, I will either add/subtract available spots. Timing is critical from all involved, so please help out and at least register if you are interested (nothing to do this, it is free). This is open to all, but mainly setup for WRX'ers. I know for a fact that a group of guys in my league (about 40) will want to play as well.

Any questions regarding the website/details, send me a message. hope to see the interest!!!!!!

Thank you for setting this up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out. :( I will register if I think it's a better than 80% shot.

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link

Hi all,
I heard from the Home Course today:
Rates are as follows (total amount with tax)
Green Fees: $59.18
Cart: $17.41 per player
Small bucket Range Balls: $4.08

If we commit to everyone riding and buying range balls as a group, he would give it to us all at $75 ea.

I have 3 people signed up. This is a month away, I will not commit to the course unless i see an influx of people registering (link to register in post #146).

Please register as soon as possible or I will scrap getting this organized. Spread the word, thanks!