TaylorMade M1 7.5 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 80TX

TaylorMade M2 15 w/Fujikura P95 x

TaylorMade UDI #3 w/Fujikura 904hb X

TaylorMade 2014 MC 4-Pw w/project x 7.0

Callaway MD3 50 degree w/project x 6.5

Callaway MD3 54 degree w/project x 6.5

Callaway MD3 58 degree w/project x 6.5

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

My guess is you straight up murder it. 300+ with driver, hit irons long as well. Going to guess between a +2 and 2 handicap, depending on if your hot with the putter. You like to work on your long game, but like everyone, should work on your short game the most and if you did, you'd be a very serious player.

Bravo. I'm currently +1, have a late release so I load the shaft a lot and hit it long enough to sacrifice some yardage for accuracy. My inside 80 yard game could be a lot tighter, which costs me a shot at a lot of realistic birdies. Used to play mini Tour events but life kind of took over and I don't have the practice time I used to. You are right though, when the putter gets hot I can still go low. Shot 66 a couple weeks back but could just as easily shoot 75 these days.

Lets see what people think about me:

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell Pro w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 7X

3-Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro w/ MRC Tensei Pro White 8X

Hybrid: Adams Super 9031 16* w/ SteelFiber 110X

Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20* w/ SteelFiber 110X

Irons: Cleveland 588 combo 4-6 CB, 7-P MB w/ Nippon Modus 130X

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 52* & 56* w/ Modus 130X - Vokey TVD 60* w/ Modus Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5

Do your worst

Once you find something you stick with it probably not much of a club ho. Probably around a 6cap could be better with practice but work and family gets in the way. Your iron play saves you a lot but the 588s are starting to show their age.

Bridgestone j715 fubuki k x

Cleveland classic xl 15.5 proforce v2 76g x

Titleist 915fd 5 wood Rouge black 86g

Titleist tmb 3 iron kbs c taper 120

Bridgestone j15 mb 4-pw kbs c taper 120

Bridgestone j15 54 bent to 53 tour issue s400

Cleveland 588 rtg 58 tour issue s400

Scotty Cameron circa 62 no. 2

Swing Blues critiqued my bag a couple of weeks ago, he did a great job! I will give this bag a go:

A true classic lover of golf. Let's start with the the Titleist 5-wood, 3-iron, and Cameron putter. Solid clubs for sure, and they loved the matching ProV1x you used to use. But regardless of ball loyalty, they still find the fairway and make 20 foot putts for birdie, so the are in the bag for the foreseeable future. Every now and again the Cameron gets put aside for your old Ping Anser, but that is getting rarer and rarer as just the Cameron head cover puts fear into your mid handicap buddies.

The Cleveland wedge and 3 wood scream "I know what was good". The 58 degree wedge has a worn spot the size of a nickle on the face, and the cursive Cleveland on the sole is leaning to the side from all the wear from practicing bunker shots. The 3-wood is a staple and hits the baby draw you wish that Bridgestone driver would deliver.

Speaking of Bridgestone. Driver and irons. I guess if you're going to replace your Wilson Staff Fluid Feel irons and the Taylormade driver with something, Bridgestone works. With money on the books you picked up a dozen Bridgestone balls several years back and loved them almost as much as you love Matt Kucher. One of your favorite days on a golf course was not even playing, but following Kucher around at the US Open on a Thursday yelling, "Koooch" every chance you got. Being the best amateur in the game only to decide later on to be a professional. True admiration. So yeah, Bridgestone. Why not. Every bit as good at that Titleist ProV1X you used to play. After all, it's not the ball right?

Your handicap floats from 5 down to +1. It really depends on the course you decide to play and how much you're into the game at the moment. You've won club championships and even a pro-am or two, but is the golf business really for you? Nope, you keep the game at arms length so you don't loose the love. And it is kind of fun when your church golfing buddies brag about just how easy you make the game look. Now where is that next soccer tournament the kids are playing in located? Life is good:)

:partytime2: bravo jslane57, well written, well analyzed. i luv it when posters pay it forward to others, thats the spirit. now, are you following this guy with a drone or something? lol

:)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Swing Blues critiqued my bag a couple of weeks ago, he did a great job! I will give this bag a go:

A true classic lover of golf. Let's start with the the Titleist 5-wood, 3-iron, and Cameron putter. Solid clubs for sure, and they loved the matching ProV1x you used to use. But regardless of ball loyalty, they still find the fairway and make 20 foot putts for birdie, so the are in the bag for the foreseeable future. Every now and again the Cameron gets put aside for your old Ping Anser, but that is getting rarer and rarer as just the Cameron head cover puts fear into your mid handicap buddies.

The Cleveland wedge and 3 wood scream "I know what was good". The 58 degree wedge has a worn spot the size of a nickle on the face, and the cursive Cleveland on the sole is leaning to the side from all the wear from practicing bunker shots. The 3-wood is a staple and hits the baby draw you wish that Bridgestone driver would deliver.

Speaking of Bridgestone. Driver and irons. I guess if you're going to replace your Wilson Staff Fluid Feel irons and the Taylormade driver with something, Bridgestone works. With money on the books you picked up a dozen Bridgestone balls several years back and loved them almost as much as you love Matt Kucher. One of your favorite days on a golf course was not even playing, but following Kucher around at the US Open on a Thursday yelling, "Koooch" every chance you got. Being the best amateur in the game only to decide later on to be a professional. True admiration. So yeah, Bridgestone. Why not. Every bit as good at that Titleist ProV1X you used to play. After all, it's not the ball right?

Your handicap floats from 5 down to +1. It really depends on the course you decide to play and how much you're into the game at the moment. You've won club championships and even a pro-am or two, but is the golf business really for you? Nope, you keep the game at arms length so you don't loose the love. And it is kind of fun when your church golfing buddies brag about just how easy you make the game look. Now where is that next soccer tournament the kids are playing in located? Life is good:)

Thanks! Such a great response. I don't even know where to start. You're right on with the handicap, my old Cameron never gets benched been in the bag since around 2002. My 58 is worn I have the Bridgestone in the the 58 but I can't make the switch. Still play the pro v. I do like kuch but not the reason for all the Bridgestone. I'm on Bridgestone staff I'm in the apprentice program under my pro.

This thread has been a great read. Let's see how I get on:

Driver: Taylormade R9 10.5 Degree (Stiff shaft)

3 wood: Taylormade R11 (Regular Shaft)

Hybrid: 19 Degree Taylormade (2009)

Irons: 4-PW: Titelist 735.CM (Due to be replaced by Taylormade m2's next week)

54 Degree wedge: Titelist Vokey Spin Milled C-C

60 Degree: Cleveland 588 CG15

Putter: Taylormade TPI26

Ball: Titlelist NXT Tour

Most of your clubs are almost classic. You're not a club ho, certainly not by by wrx standards. A putter from 2004? This makes it harder to judge than the usual wrx'er bag, where the custom shaft alone can tell tales about the sort of player they are, or want to be. Still, I'll give it a try:

When you do buy a club, I'll bet you always used to buy from the club pro, but you're pretty budget-conscious, so you're buying online for the first time -clubhousegolf.co.uk?- and you've recently joined this site to find info and moral support for your M2 purchase. You're last real splurge was the white 3 wood, which you got away with only because you told your wife it reminds you of her on your wedding day.

You clearly like Taylormade, my guess is more because of their 80s/90s players clubs than for their recent stuff. But your best and favourite club is the 54 degree vokey, which you can get within 10 feet of the hole from anywhere. I would never place a bet against a man playing the original CC's, these are always wielded by someone who knows what they're doing. Why you're still carrying the 60 degree cleveland is beyond me; maybe your home course has lots of deep pot bunkers -or deep rough, which could also explain why you don't play the more expensive-to-lose pro v1 that is better sorted to your short game.

You've made a good choice with the M2 irons. Like your current irons, you're not getting any younger but you hope the new irons will give you back the distance and elevation you've lost, just like the TM hybrid that replaced your 3 iron. You can't wait for your first round with the new sticks and telling your buddies which iron you just hit into that par 3. My guess is they will deliver.

The putter tells us you play often and have been for a long time. you havent had a 3 putt for years. In a couple of months, after spending more time on this site, you'll start thinking about the replacement, because with your wedge game you should already be making more one-putts, and the M2 irons will make you hit more greens in regulation, but not as close as the vokey so your putts per round will go up. So we'll see you in the putter forum come Christmas time. Until then, enjoy the honeymoon phase with the M2's.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tour75R
Taylormade M1 3HL
Callaway Apex 3 hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-P
Callaway MackDaddy 4 50& 56 W-grind
Scotty Cameron Newport original

Forgot to add my own bag:

Ping G30 LS Tec 9* with Tour 80 Stiff shaft

Titleist 915H 18* hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black, stiff.

Titleist 712U 2 iron, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW, Project X 5.5

Vokey SM5 56* M grind, KBS wedge shaft.

Ping Anser Milled no. 6.

In a Titleist StaDry carry bag.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tour75R
Taylormade M1 3HL
Callaway Apex 3 hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-P

Titleist 915 D2 Driver 10.25* Tour AD DI 7X Shaft 45"

Titleist 915F 4 Wood 16.5* Aldila Rogue Black 80X 43"

Titleist 915F 7 Wood 20.5* Aldila Rogue Black 80X 42"

Titleist 915H 4 Hybrid 23* Diamana D+ White 90X 39"

Mizuno MP-25 5-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Standard Length and Lie

Mizuno MP-T5 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* Dynamic Gold S300 Standard Length and Lie

Yes! Two Custom Mallet Putter 33" Winn 1.60 Putter Grip

WITB:

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Driver Tour AD DI 6X  44 3/4" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR3 16.5 Degree 4 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 43" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR2 21 Degree 7 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 42" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR1 24 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 39" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 27 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38 1/2" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 30 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38" B-1 Setting, Titleist T200 7-PW, AW Irons True Temper AMT White S300 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 53-07, 57-07 Dynamic Gold S400 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Yes! Two Mallet by Jerry Korte Putter 33" Winn Pro X 1.60 Putter Grip, Pro V1X #44, Titleist Player 4 Stand Bag, Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grips

Ping G LS Tec Driver

TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Three Wood

Calloway Big Bertha Five Wood

Titleist 716 CB 4 - 6 Iron (DG AMT S300)

Titleist 716 MB 7 - PW (DG AMT S300)

Titleist Vokey SM 6 49, 52, & 58 Degree Wedges

Ping Ketsch Putter

Give me your best shot!

You really like how your woods play and favor a slight draw bias. Your like the look of a players iron and will take a little forgiveness in your longer clubs. You like the best wedges that fit a certain distance in your set as your gaps are slightly different than most. Your putter is one you've either kept for a while or just put back in the bag.

WITB:

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Driver Tour AD DI 6X  44 3/4" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR3 16.5 Degree 4 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 43" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR2 21 Degree 7 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 42" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR1 24 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 39" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 27 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38 1/2" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 30 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38" B-1 Setting, Titleist T200 7-PW, AW Irons True Temper AMT White S300 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 53-07, 57-07 Dynamic Gold S400 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Yes! Two Mallet by Jerry Korte Putter 33" Winn Pro X 1.60 Putter Grip, Pro V1X #44, Titleist Player 4 Stand Bag, Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grips

Ping Anser Milled no. 6.

:help:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale

a tale of a fateful bag,

that started from the Titleist shop,

aboard the tiny cart...

The mate was a mighty golfin' man,

the Will brave and sure,

5 beers down for 5 Pars that day...

for a three hour tour,

a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,

the tiny Titliest bag was tossed.

If not for the courage of the fearless Ping

the round would be lost.

The Round would be lost...

Ah, your bag just reminds me of Gilligans Island and before you roll your eyes hear me out...

You are a Titliest guys through and through but you cannot make it all their Adam Scott, Jimmy Walker clubs work as much as you try. First out of the bag was the driver - and you use to suffer the driving so you opt for the best deal in town, the Ping G30 and because you fancy yourself a high ball hitter, you opt for the LS version. The driving is now money for you but you lose it occasionally right.

You have a HUGE gap in your bag, no 3 wood that gives you a chance for Eagles or sure birdies on the Par 5. The professor needs to come out and fix this...that 18* hybrid does not do it...yet there is a puzzle by the presence of the 712U which could mean you most probably crank down the 915H to fill in the 16* missing gap. Ultimately, being a mid teens capper, you need to put on the Professor cap and work on your 3 wood somewhat...

I also suspect you are thinking of this as well...might be throwing out the 712U and switch to the hybrid full time...intriguing.

The 712 irons are just you. One of the best forged and forgiving irons made by Titileist and you are not the type to change irons on a whim. I think you have a good sense of money so you don't lash out too often to bug that MAGIC club that save you 1 stroke ala most WRX posters here. Moi included...lol.

Also, 1 wedge. Are you sure you are NOT banned from this site, or the island...that is SACRILEGE in Gilligan's island...only 1 wedge. It could mean 2 things: you are super good wedge player or you are still figuring out the wedge game. The pros have taught you to use the PW and 56 for the sand and you are sticking with that.. However, how is Gilligan's island going to work with Ginger and no Mary-Anne...go get a 52* Mary Anne...you cannot have a DUMB blonde saving your short game as you need some thing real practical - an attack 52* wedge.

I suspect your Thurston Howell III is your Ping milled putter. Got the money, lashed out and wallah...looking for dividends. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't there aren't too many putters with the #6 rincon style...so for now, Thurston Howell III stays in the bag.

Your profile shows you are a mid capper...and looking at your bag, I think thats subconsciously reflected as well...at least to my warped Gilligan's island sense of your bag. I think that if you worked a little harder on your 3 wood, stick in a Mary-Anne attack wedge and work on your short game, you will find the buried treasure on your island....

ps I luv Gilligan's Island, I like your bag...so it's all in jest. Cheers Skipper :)

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

Ping Anser Milled no. 6.

a tale of a fateful bag,

aboard the tiny cart...

the Will brave and sure,

for a three hour tour,

a three hour tour.

the round would be lost.

Ah, your bag just reminds me of Gilligans Island and before you roll your eyes hear me out...

You are a Titliest guys through and through but you cannot make it all their Adam Scott, Jimmy Walker clubs work as much as you try. First out of the bag was the driver - and you use to suffer the driving so you opt for the best deal in town, the Ping G30 and because you fancy yourself a high ball hitter, you opt for the LS version. The driving is now money for you but you lose it occasionally right.

You have a HUGE gap in your bag, no 3 wood that gives you a chance for Eagles or sure birdies on the Par 5. The professor needs to come out and fix this...that 18* hybrid does not do it...yet there is a puzzle by the presence of the 712U which could mean you most probably crank down the 915H to fill in the 16* missing gap. Ultimately, being a mid teens capper, you need to put on the Professor cap and work on your 3 wood somewhat...

I also suspect you are thinking of this as well...might be throwing out the 712U and switch to the hybrid full time...intriguing.

The 712 irons are just you. One of the best forged and forgiving irons made by Titileist and you are not the type to change irons on a whim. I think you have a good sense of money so you don't lash out too often to bug that MAGIC club that save you 1 stroke ala most WRX posters here. Moi included...lol.

Also, 1 wedge. Are you sure you are NOT banned from this site, or the island...that is SACRILEGE in Gilligan's island...only 1 wedge. It could mean 2 things: you are super good wedge player or you are still figuring out the wedge game. The pros have taught you to use the PW and 56 for the sand and you are sticking with that.. However, how is Gilligan's island going to work with Ginger and no Mary-Anne...go get a 52* Mary Anne...you cannot have a DUMB blonde saving your short game as you need some thing real practical - an attack 52* wedge.

I suspect your Thurston Howell III is your Ping milled putter. Got the money, lashed out and wallah...looking for dividends. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't there aren't too many putters with the #6 rincon style...so for now, Thurston Howell III stays in the bag.

Your profile shows you are a mid capper...and looking at your bag, I think thats subconsciously reflected as well...at least to my warped Gilligan's island sense of your bag. I think that if you worked a little harder on your 3 wood, stick in a Mary-Anne attack wedge and work on your short game, you will find the buried treasure on your island....

ps I luv Gilligan's Island, I like your bag...so it's all in jest. Cheers Skipper :)

Thank you. that was very poetic! And mostly spot on too! I do indeed consider myself a high ball hitter, and I did toss the Titleist driver for the Ping because it goes straighter, with the occasional block to the right. I created the gap between driver and hybrid on purpose, sold the 915 3 wood for 3 reasons: 1 it could make beautiful long shots but also terrible misses as I tended to overswing it from the turf resulting in fat or topped shots, and 2 I tend to hook 3 woods from the tee and slice them from the deck. and 3 as a 13 I rarely make birdies or eagles anyway. After a god drive on a par 5, im happy to be on the green in 3; if I go for the green in two odds are I'll end up with a double bogey or worse rather than a birdie.

Same for the single wedge. While I do have a 50 and 58 degree wedge, I find it easier to dial in just one wedge than two or three. Plus, I can open it up to fly as high as the 58. I do use the Pw a lot for half or 3/4 shots, and am on the lookout for an ap2 gap wedge.

you're also right on the money about the putter. It is the only club I bought new, after ho-ing six or seven used putters in two years and since I have it I havent looked at any putters.

Thanks once more!

Ping G400 Max 9* Tour75R
Taylormade M1 3HL
Callaway Apex 3 hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-P

Ping Anser Milled no. 6.

a tale of a fateful bag,

aboard the tiny cart...

the Will brave and sure,

for a three hour tour,

a three hour tour.

the round would be lost.

Thank you. that was very poetic! And mostly spot on too! I do indeed consider myself a high ball hitter, and I did toss the Titleist driver for the Ping because it goes straighter, with the occasional block to the right. I created the gap between driver and hybrid on purpose, sold the 915 3 wood for 3 reasons: 1 it could make beautiful long shots but also terrible misses as I tended to overswing it from the turf resulting in fat or topped shots, and 2 I tend to hook 3 woods from the tee and slice them from the deck. and 3 as a 13 I rarely make birdies or eagles anyway. After a god drive on a par 5, im happy to be on the green in 3; if I go for the green in two odds are I'll end up with a double bogey or worse rather than a birdie.

Same for the single wedge. While I do have a 50 and 58 degree wedge, I find it easier to dial in just one wedge than two or three. Plus, I can open it up to fly as high as the 58. I do use the Pw a lot for half or 3/4 shots, and am on the lookout for an ap2 gap wedge.

you're also right on the money about the putter. It is the only club I bought new, after ho-ing six or seven used putters in two years and since I have it I havent looked at any putters.

Thanks once more!

you are not the only one. I ditched a conventional set long ago with the logic that I will simply take advantage of what I am comfortable with. I play a 16 degree hybrid to replace the wood and I still get there in two. I played with a driving iron the other day and nearly played the game of my life. Play the game with no fear mate. It's ok to be fierce! Nice bag.

I have EIGHT headcovers in my bag if you include the putter. Haha.

Ping G30 10.5 Driver 5x3 White Tie Stiff

Ping G30 14.5 3 Wood (adj. to 15.5) 6x3 White Tie Stiff

Ping G30 2-6 Hybrid Hx3 White Tie Stiff

Mizuno JPX Pro 850 Forged 7-PW (irons bent 2* weak) TT DG XP115 S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 54.10, 58.10 S Grind KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 33" SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Srixon Z Star

Driver SS: 95ish

7 iron carry: 145-150

HC Index: 5.4

Most of your clubs are almost classic. You're not a club ho, certainly not by by wrx standards. A putter from 2004? This makes it harder to judge than the usual wrx'er bag, where the custom shaft alone can tell tales about the sort of player they are, or want to be. Still, I'll give it a try:

When you do buy a club, I'll bet you always used to buy from the club pro, but you're pretty budget-conscious, so you're buying online for the first time -clubhousegolf.co.uk?- and you've recently joined this site to find info and moral support for your M2 purchase. You're last real splurge was the white 3 wood, which you got away with only because you told your wife it reminds you of her on your wedding day.

You clearly like Taylormade, my guess is more because of their 80s/90s players clubs than for their recent stuff. But your best and favourite club is the 54 degree vokey, which you can get within 10 feet of the hole from anywhere. I would never place a bet against a man playing the original CC's, these are always wielded by someone who knows what they're doing. Why you're still carrying the 60 degree cleveland is beyond me; maybe your home course has lots of deep pot bunkers -or deep rough, which could also explain why you don't play the more expensive-to-lose pro v1 that is better sorted to your short game.

You've made a good choice with the M2 irons. Like your current irons, you're not getting any younger but you hope the new irons will give you back the distance and elevation you've lost, just like the TM hybrid that replaced your 3 iron. You can't wait for your first round with the new sticks and telling your buddies which iron you just hit into that par 3. My guess is they will deliver.

The putter tells us you play often and have been for a long time. you havent had a 3 putt for years. In a couple of months, after spending more time on this site, you'll start thinking about the replacement, because with your wedge game you should already be making more one-putts, and the M2 irons will make you hit more greens in regulation, but not as close as the vokey so your putts per round will go up. So we'll see you in the putter forum come Christmas time. Until then, enjoy the honeymoon phase with the M2's.

Awesome, thanks for taking the time.

So spot on about moral support for the M2 purchase (I actually bought them in-store due to having some vouchers from work so you were right on the budget conscious as well!)

On the 60 degree Cleveland, I have no other reason then I'm used to it and I like it... as you can see from my clubs I'm pretty resistant to change. You are correct that I've been playing for a long time (18 years) but I did start when I was 10!

Sadly the only section that is out is the thought that I play often. Work and life commitments mean I'm down to once a fortnight, as opposed to living at the golf club as I did a few years ago.

Thanks again!

Thanks once more!

Well, not being picky but as a 13, you should be sniffing the birdies and pars. Focus on your bettering your attitude that you CAN stick it close with the wedges or sink that long putt for a Birdie is a positive forward move on the road to single digit.

Think of it this way, on a 15 foot putt -

Pro: I do this all the time

Single Digit: I'll make this

Mid Capper: I will try...may be...

High Capper: No freaking hell in the world can I make this putt because I screwed up that drive, chunked it out of the bunker into the weeds, hit a tree and landed in water...WHY AM I PLAYING GOLF?!?!?! Oh...that was yesterday. Today I chunked the driver...etc etc etc.

An excellent book to read is Rotella: Golf is not a Game of Perfect

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* - Oban Kiyoshi White (05 flex, 81g)

3WD: Taylormade Stage 2 RBZ 16* - Fujikura Speeder VC 8.0 (stiff, 84g)

Hyb: Titleist 910H 19* - Mitsubishi Ahina 90 (X-stiff, 94g)

Irons: Titleist 712 CB 4-P - Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Titleist SM4 52*, SM5 56* - Dynamic Gold X100

Titleist SM5 60* - Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: Kingston KP1 GSS

Taylormade M2 (10.5*) - Oban Kiyoshi White 75 (05 flex)
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 (14.5*) - Fujikura Speeder VC 8.0 (S)
Titleist 910H (19*) - Mitsubishi Ahina 90 (X)
Titleist 712CB (4-PW) - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM4 (52*.12) - Dyanmic Gold X100
Titleist SM5 (56*-S) - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM6 (60*-V) - Dynamic Gold S400
Kingston KP1 GSS (34")
Pro V1x

San Diego, CA

A few years later, and my bag has changed, (of course), so I'll give it another try.

Driver Cobra FlyZ+, white, at 10°, ADDI 6S

3Wood Nike VR LE 15°, stock made for "ahina" S

5Wood Cobra King F6 Baffler at 17.5°, stock Matrix Red Tie R

Hybrid Cobra BioCell 3/4 white, at 20.5°, stock shaft S or Mizuno MP-FliHi 21° DG SL S300, depending on the time of year

4-PW Wilson Staff FG Tour V2, KBS Tour R

GW 52° Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Gun Blue KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

SW/LW 58° Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Black KBS Tour R

Putter Odyssey Tank Versa 2Ball 38"

Ball ProV1X

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* - Oban Kiyoshi White (05 flex, 81g)

3WD: Taylormade Stage 2 RBZ 16* - Fujikura Speeder VC 8.0 (stiff, 84g)

Hyb: Titleist 910H 19* - Mitsubishi Ahina 90 (X-stiff, 94g)

Irons: Titleist 712 CB 4-P - Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Titleist SM4 52*, SM5 56* - Dynamic Gold X100

Titleist SM5 60* - Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: Kingston KP1 GSS

Athlete, seriously and honestly long, around 20 years old, maybe still aspiring to "make it" as a tour player, hcp about +2 or so. Either a very good putter, with a trusty flat stick, which you selected almost religiously and which you will keep in the bag forever, or struggling on the greens and trying everything there is. The former is more likely.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

Driver: Cobra Fly-Z+ 8.0°/ Diamana 'ahina 70 S (pulled from previous driver, a Ping Anser)

3 Wood: Cobra bioCell+ 13.5°/ Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 S

5 Wood: Callaway Great Big Bertha 19° / Kuro Kate TiNi 50

Irons: 4 - PW: Mizuno MP-15 / Project X 6.0

52° W: Vokey SM6

56° W: Vokey SM5

60° W: Vokey SM4

Putter: Nike Method Converge Counterflex B1-01 38"