2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

Timmay, it looks like you have found your calling. i also posted once before but no one dared to take on challenge.... lets see if you can do it again.

9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Epon AF Tour CB w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
MannKrafted Custom 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

[quote name='Honman' timestamp='1321638048' post='3818655']
[quote name='Honman' timestamp='1321516066' post='3812461']
Titleist 910 d3 b1 setting rip 60 r shaft.
Sonartec ss3.5 Accra sc75 m5 sat pured
Adams idea pro 18 vs proto stiff
Tour issue Nike vr pro 21 arras 85x
Nike vr pro combo 4-pw dgs300
Nike sv tour 52 and 60 with custom grinds px6.0 sst pured.
Rife Barbados 33 inches

Backups.
Nike vr tour 9.5 gd di6s
Bettinardi tour stock bb1 camo insert
[/quote]
[/quote]

Come on someone have a go would love to hear your thoughts.

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

For fun, I'd guess timmay has the following apply.

-with the age of the clubs i'd say you bout all new clubs after turning 40 about 5 yrs ago.
- no brand loyalty would suggest you play at a muni-or daily rate course
-stand bag would indicate youre relative healthy, a walker, no carts unless its a special case, proibably has a regular foursome you walk with
- steelhead wood, i'd guess, was and is your go to club for most shots over 200 except from under a tree which is why you still have the 3-iron
-i'd guess no hybrids cause you had a blade 3 iron growing up and think you can still hit it just like your 8-iron

just a shot.

my bag below

910d2 10.5 project x 5.5
910F 15 kaili stiff
19 A12 pro
4-pw mp-52 PX 5.5
mp-t wedges 51, 56, 60 PX 5.5
Betttinardi SS7 putter

[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322072379' post='3841683']
Still nobody's done mine. Too hard to figure out? Should be a piece of cake.
[/quote]

Nike SQ
Callaway Steelhead Plus
Srixon I-701 3-P
Cleveland CG14 52*
Cleveland CG14 58*
Cleveland VP Milled No. 3
Titleist Stand Bag

Hmmm...I'll take a quick stab and see what I come up with.

I think you're a single digit capper. Likes to relatively stay low key when you show up on the course. You use what works for you and are not much of a club ho. Your SQ (without any references to shafts), say you are straight ball to a draw hitter. I would say 260-275 average and can knock it close to 300 when you go after it though you'd rather be in the short stuff. With the I-701s, you're a good ball striker and can work the ball, but usually stay with a stock shot that you're consistent with. Good short game and a good putter, especially within 10 feet. Finally, what made me go with my conclusion of what type of player you are is your Callaway Steelhead Plus fairway. It's a classic, it performs, and you use it as a go to club in very tight holes and shorter par 4s.

Am I close?

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

[quote name='naws-golfer' timestamp='1322073724' post='3841801']

-with the age of the clubs i'd say you bout all new clubs after turning 40 about 5 yrs ago.
-stand bag would indicate youre relative healthy, a walker, no carts unless its a special case, proibably has a regular foursome you walk with
- steelhead wood, i'd guess, was and is your go to club for most shots over 200 except from under a tree which is why you still have the 3-iron
-i'd guess no hybrids cause you had a blade 3 iron growing up and think you can still hit it just like your 8-iron

just a shot.

my bag below

910d2 10.5 project x 5.5
910F 15 kaili stiff
19 A12 pro
4-pw mp-52 PX 5.5
Betttinardi SS7 putter
[/quote]

You nailed it on the muni course/daily fee. Wow, never thought about brand loyalty having anything to do with that. My other bag is all ping rapture/v2 stuff. Would that make me look like a club golfer? I think it makes me look like a dork but it all works.

[quote name='ionakana511' timestamp='1322074275' post='3841839']
[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322072379' post='3841683']
Still nobody's done mine. Too hard to figure out? Should be a piece of cake.
[/quote]

Nike SQ
Callaway Steelhead Plus
Srixon I-701 3-P
Cleveland CG14 52*
Cleveland CG14 58*
Cleveland VP Milled No. 3
Titleist Stand Bag

Hmmm...I'll take a quick stab and see what I come up with.

I think you're a single digit capper. Likes to relatively stay low key when you show up on the course. You use what works for you and are not much of a club ho. Your SQ (without any references to shafts), say you are straight ball to a draw hitter. I would say 260-275 average and can knock it close to 300 when you go after it though you'd rather be in the short stuff. With the I-701s, you're a good ball striker and can work the ball, but usually stay with a stock shot that you're consistent with. Good short game and a good putter, especially within 10 feet. Finally, what made me go with my conclusion of what type of player you are is your Callaway Steelhead Plus fairway. It's a classic, it performs, and you use it as a go to club in very tight holes and shorter par 4s.

Am I close?
[/quote]

You know, you're pretty close on alot. Definitely stay low key. I'd prefer a different bag as I don't have anything titleist but it's just such a cool bag and I got it at the local PGA clearance sale a few years ago so I have it. I only carry when the Cart breaks down though. lol! But I prefer to carry as it reminds me of hunting. Here's what I have down to the nuts and bolts.

SQ Sweet 16 made for blue board A FLEX 44" D-6

Callaway Steelhead 18* steel uniflex

Srixon i701 3-P DG S300

CG14 52 and 58 stock crap shaft

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3 Mallet 34"

There, that should make it more interesting.

just a shot.

my bag below

910d2 10.5 project x 5.5
910F 15 kaili stiff
19 A12 pro
4-pw mp-52 PX 5.5
Betttinardi SS7 putter
[/quote]

You can re-read my other reply and try again with the new info.

For you, let's see. Hard to say. Got your wedges same brand as the irons, woods match. You look like the Golfwrx poster boy. Which means you're a +6 with PGA tour experience. I did see one guy that was pretty good with those irons but he couldn't get off the tee. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 7-ish handicapper.

[quote name='henricogolfer' timestamp='1322074341' post='3841847']
Timmay,

This is your boss, I need you to get back to work right after you do my bag.
[/quote]

OK, here's your bag and I already know your handicap so I guess I'll just make fun of you.

909 Comp/ 10.5/ Matrix/ Titleist
Adams Fast 10/ 15/ Wasabi/ GP
Sonartec 21 degree/ Penley/ Tacki Mac
Nickent 3dx Ironwood/ 21.5 rifle 6.0 / GP
JPX Pro 5-P S300/ GP
Scratch 8016/ 56/ True Temper/ Pure
Scratch 8016/ 60/ True Temper/ Pure
Scratch 8016/ 50 bent to 52 S300/ Pure
Yes Natalie 44" Belly

Driver-Should have a Burner, but just HAD to have a Titliest, even if it is the worst driver they've ever made after the 907 D1
Adams Fast 10-your REAL driver

Sonartec-which one? Either way you probably don't hit it very well as you aren't a tour pro.

Nickent 3DX. I could never hit these, but it's probably your 4 iron so you should be able to elevate it.

JPX Pro-probably a little too much club, and you know it.

Scratch Wedges-so you can chilli dip in style.

Yes Natlie Belly-because if you could putt you'd be a single digit.

Late 20's, early 30's. Picked up all your woods used and cheap, splurged on the irons but wonder if the regular JX's would be nicer, with their sweet hybrids. Also blew a ton on wedges, whereas a true playa can get around with a bent tire iron. Looks like you're trying to buy a short game and gave up on the long game. Might have a vanity handicap and be closer to a 16.

I think your bag doesn't reflect your game. Ping G15's top to bottom, STAT!!!! Next!!!!!

lright I will play the game here. Let me know what you guys think I am.

Driver-Titleist 910D2 Ilima stiff
3 wood- callaway III
Hybrid 18 TEE 3 matrix stiff
5-pw Mizuno MP53 px 5.5
52 56 60 Vokey SM
Putter Rife abaco 34

No looking at Signature lol.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1322076540' post='3842065']

3 wood- callaway III
5-pw Mizuno MP53 px 5.5
52 56 60 Vokey SM
Putter Rife abaco 34

[/quote]

OK, I didn't peak, but I will after I post this. Nice driver, forgiving, yet doesn't scream hack. Legit stiff shaft so probably 100 swing speed. Old 3 wood means you've played awhile and you're not stupid. Not a fan of TEE hybrids but you must hit it better than a 5 wood, probably because your miss with a 5 wood is gone in the woods and playing in upstate NY you've got trees everywhere. I bet you don't LOVE that club though. Mizzy's MP53 from 5 up aren't too hard to hit so they aren't holding you back. Got a lot of wedge options. Rife putter. Low single digit. Late 40's.

[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322076935' post='3842097']

3 wood- callaway III
5-pw Mizuno MP53 px 5.5
52 56 60 Vokey SM
Putter Rife abaco 34

[/quote]

OK, I didn't peak, but I will after I post this. Nice driver, forgiving, yet doesn't scream hack. Legit stiff shaft so probably 100 swing speed. Old 3 wood means you've played awhile and you're not stupid. Not a fan of TEE hybrids but you must hit it better than a 5 wood, probably because your miss with a 5 wood is gone in the woods and playing in upstate NY you've got trees everywhere. I bet you don't LOVE that club though. Mizzy's MP53 from 5 up aren't too hard to hit so they aren't holding you back. Got a lot of wedge options. Rife putter. Low single digit. Late 40's.
[/quote]

Right on except the age. 35. Favorite club is my 3 wood.
I range from 5 to a 9 depending on my kids and wife letting me out or what sport is going on with the kids and my coaching.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='HoosierHacker89' timestamp='1322077198' post='3842117']
Here is the bag for you to look at:

titleist 905R 9.5

V-Steel 3 wood

Idea Pro 18 hybrid 2

MP 33 3-P

588 56/60

Old school Anser 2

[/quote]

Didn't I already do you? You have the standard, tried and true, old school but still very, very trendy set. The whole bag is pulled from a compilation of the "best _____ of all time" threads. In that mold, playing in Indiana, so being a Hoosier you probably don't think your way around the course very well. 80's shooter. NEXT!!!!!!

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1322077401' post='3842131']
[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322076935' post='3842097']

3 wood- callaway III
5-pw Mizuno MP53 px 5.5
52 56 60 Vokey SM
Putter Rife abaco 34

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right on except the age. 35. Favorite club is my 3 wood.
I range from 5 to a 9 depending on my kids and wife letting me out or what sport is going on with the kids and my coaching.
[/quote]

Hey, age is tough. Carry a 10+ year old fairway wood and you're gonna get pegged as old on the internets.

[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322076037' post='3842007']

just a shot.

my bag below

910d2 10.5 project x 5.5
910F 15 kaili stiff
19 A12 pro
4-pw mp-52 PX 5.5
Betttinardi SS7 putter
[/quote]

For you, let's see. Hard to say. Got your wedges same brand as the irons, woods match. You look like the Golfwrx poster boy. Which means you're a +6 with PGA tour experience. I did see one guy that was pretty good with those irons but he couldn't get off the tee. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 7-ish handicapper.
[/quote]

Close , -4.5 hdcp ;)
just around here, TN, most guys with total one brand bags or close usually are country club guys where the pro sells mostly one on two brands. It just so happens i liked the titleist woods better than the adams i was playing. no brand loyalty just seem to play titleist adams, mizuno stuff better than calloway, TMade and cleveland stuff.

[quote name='naws-golfer' timestamp='1322078416' post='3842199']
[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322076037' post='3842007']

just a shot.

my bag below

910d2 10.5 project x 5.5
910F 15 kaili stiff
19 A12 pro
4-pw mp-52 PX 5.5
Betttinardi SS7 putter
[/quote]

[/quote]

Close , -4.5 hdcp ;)
just around here, TN, most guys with total one brand bags or close usually are country club guys where the pro sells mostly one on two brands. It just so happens i liked the titleist woods better than the adams i was playing. no brand loyalty just seem to play titleist adams, mizuno stuff better than calloway, TMade and cleveland stuff.
[/quote]

Nice bag. I love TN. You probably have a bit longer golf season than we have. If I didn't have little kids I'd joing a club but I just don't have time to play. Chained to my desk judging everyone's bags.

pretty nice down here, lil chilly at 55-60 this weekend, but the best part is getting to play with all those ridiculous club purchases and expirements through the winter.

Anybody want to give mine a shot?

Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 10.5 Mitsubishi JavlnFX V6

15* - Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid ProForce V2

3, 4 hybrid - Adams Idea Pro VS Proto "By You"

5 - P - Adams Idea Pro Dynamic Black Gold

51* SV Tour

56* - CG 12

60* - SV Tour

Putter - Cleveland Classic #2

cool.gif

Your the 3rd best player on your highschool golf team.

just a shot.

I updated my bag with specifics so I'll give you the breakdown.

First, age, 42. Busy running a business (not today lol!) so I only get out a couple of times a month. Playing for six years. I have that old man's driver that I picked up out of the used bin on a whim. Once I got used to the whippy shaft (probably more like an R flex than a true A) I noticed I was never more than 10 yards behind guys who consider themselves long hitters-low single digit guys. But I never, ever lose a tee shot. Its beat to hell, and pretty embarrassing when someone looks at it and sees the 16 on it, but every tee box I just hear "nice drive". If there's no wind in my face it goes 250. I can hit my real driver 275 in colder weather with wet fairways. I had it cut down and swingweighted to matcht the SQ, but the SQ is still just a more forgiving head so I'm playing it for the winter. That explains the driver.

The 5 wood I like because it's a smaller head and I never use it off the tee unless its a really long par 3.

Irons, I just him 'em really well. They're probably the most forgiving irons I've used because they just really fit me. My miss with a hybrid is way worse than my 3 or 4 iron. I'm a high ball hitter so there's really no reason to carry a hybrid.

Love my wedges. Best I've ever had and I've tried a bunch.

Putter-Putting is my weakness. I finally just gave up and put a mallet in the bag and switched to left hand low. Beats leaving 'em all short and being called Mary all day long. If I could putt I'd be low single digit. I don't play enough to keep an index but I'm probably around a 10. I play tough, tight courses which is another reason I use 16* driver, plus I can hit it off the deck which is always good for entertaining the foursome. I have a good swing for no lessons and no friends who golf. I play as a single almost all the time. If I played wide open courses my bag would be set up differenlty and I'd have more at the long end. Oh, last thing, I try to never, ever go to the range. That place will ruin you.

I smoke cigars when I play and keep them in my mouth when I swing and putt. I don't take practice swings, I walk up to the ball and hit the crap out of it. I'm very straight with my irons. I have a 4th grader who's going to be the next Bubba Watson. He's 60lbs and hits it 165. I take him out on championship courses and we'll scramble together and come in at par.

That's my story.

Alrighty, here ya go....

10.5 Nickent 4DX with either DVS 65 REG or Prolaunch Blue 65 Stiff

14.5* Cleveland DST Hybrid

19* & 25* '09 TM Rescues

5-GW Wilson Ci9's

56* Adams TW Signature SW

Never Compromise XRAY Half Mallet

Black on Black Puma Stand Bag

Current 2024 Bag

Ping G430 LST (Change for 2024)
Ping 425 15.5* 3 wood Tensei Orange Raw
Ping 410 18*, 22*, 27* Hybrids 
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 6i thru GW 
Taylormade ATV Original 2012 56* and 60* KBS 120
2012 Scotty Newport Select (New for 2024) or Never Compromise Gambler LTD

Vice Pro or Taylormade Tour Response

[quote name='AndersonGT' timestamp='1322083961' post='3842593']
Alrighty, here ya go....

19* & 25* '09 TM Rescues

5-GW Wilson Ci9's

[/quote]

Looks like a rather forgiving bag for a mid capper. You can't hit fairway woods so you have the low loft hybrid, which makes no sense since they're not as forgiving as a wood but I see it done, and have done it as well. You read golf digest and took out your long irons because they recommend hybrids. I bet your favorite club is that 25* rescue. That's just cheatin'..... CI9s, best bang for your buck GI irons. One wedge, probably don't hit it from the fairway much. Giant mega putter.

It looks like you're a newer gofler, smart about your setup, and you probably get around in the 90's. Chunk a few shots in the fairway hear and there but all in all you can get around the course in good time.

That's my last one. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Take a stab at it:
909 D2 9,5 Diamana Blueboard 63g stiff Iomic white

R9 15* stock shaft stiff Iomic white

G10 21* Stock stiff Stock grip

4-P S56 Kbs Tour Stiff Stock grip

52*
58* Vokey Wedges CC KBS tour Stiff Stock grip

Redwood Anser Iomic grip...

Ping C-Hoofer Gray yellow

What do you think when you see this?

[u]The arsenal:[/u]

909 D2 Whiteboard Stiff 76g
R9 14* Fujikara 73g
I25 17* Pro 90g
G10 21* TFC
S56 4-9 KBS Tour
Vokey 52* Kbs Tour
Vokey 58 Kbs Tour
Ping Redwood Anser

[quote name='Timmay_MO' timestamp='1322084567' post='3842627']
[quote name='AndersonGT' timestamp='1322083961' post='3842593']
Alrighty, here ya go....

19* & 25* '09 TM Rescues

5-GW Wilson Ci9's

[/quote]

Looks like a rather forgiving bag for a mid capper. You can't hit fairway woods so you have the low loft hybrid, which makes no sense since they're not as forgiving as a wood but I see it done, and have done it as well. You read golf digest and took out your long irons because they recommend hybrids. I bet your favorite club is that 25* rescue. That's just cheatin'..... CI9s, best bang for your buck GI irons. One wedge, probably don't hit it from the fairway much. Giant mega putter.

It looks like you're a newer gofler, smart about your setup, and you probably get around in the 90's. Chunk a few shots in the fairway hear and there but all in all you can get around the course in good time.

That's my last one. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
[/quote]

And a Happy Turkey day to you as well!

Pretty spot on. I hate a f-n wood! Short game is my strength and the tee box is my weakness. I'm an 18.4 HC and always have great time whether playing with high or low HC's.

Current 2024 Bag

Ping G430 LST (Change for 2024)
Ping 425 15.5* 3 wood Tensei Orange Raw
Ping 410 18*, 22*, 27* Hybrids 
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 6i thru GW 
Taylormade ATV Original 2012 56* and 60* KBS 120
2012 Scotty Newport Select (New for 2024) or Never Compromise Gambler LTD

Vice Pro or Taylormade Tour Response

Go on then, curiosity has got the better of me, I too am interested to see what people make of my clubs:

Driver - TM R9 TP 9.5 degree motore f1 stiff shaft
3W - TM R9 TP 13 degree motore f1 stiff shaft

Callaway Razr X-Tour 3-PW, DG X100 shafts
Callaway Razr X-Tour AW, 1 degree strong, DG X100 shafts

Vokey SM Tour Chrome 52.08, now 1 degree weak to 53.09
Vokey SM Tour Chrome 56.10, now 1 degree weak to 57.11

Ping B60 BeCu

All carried around in a 15 year old Sun Mountain stand bag.

Driver: Adams 9015D 10.5w/ Grafalloy Blue X

3-Wood: Sonartec SS-2.514.5 w/ stock Fujikura Shaft X

Utility: Titleist 910H 19w/ stock Diamana kai-li X

Irons: 4-9 Titleist 710 CBw/ Project X 6.5

PW: Cleveland TA1 w/ X-100

Wedges: 52.08 - 56.14 -60.04 Vokey Black Nickel, stock shafts

Putter: Taylormade RossaMonza Corza

drinks.gif

My turn:

10.5* PING K15 stock stiff flex @ 45"/D2 w/Lamkin Crossline

15.5* & 20* Cobra Baffler F stock stiff flex, length, and swingweight w/Lamkin Crossline
22* & 25* Cobra Baffler H stock stiff flex, length, and swingweight w/Lamkin Crossline

6 - 9 PING G10 XG stock stiff @ +1/4"/D2 w/Lamkin Crossline

PW - LW PING G10 XG stock stiff @ standard length/D4 w/Lamkin Crossline
SW & LW have Tour Grind

PING Redwood ZB w/PP58 Blackout