2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Motore Stiff

Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5- Speeder 757 x-stiff

Tour Edge CB Pro 17.5- Speeder 661 stiff

Mizuno MP-25 3-pw- C-taper 130 x-stiff

Mizuno mp T-5- 52, 58

Scotty Cameron studio select 1.5 (the black one)

You boys got bag envy, I know. But what's my index???

Well it says 2 on your info on the left side...so I'll go with that.

haha Ill get in on this, but I have a feeling this will end with some bad comments since everyone hates nike apparently.

Vapor pro driver - graphite design tour addi 8X tipped 1 inch

vapor speed 3 and 5 wood- both graphited esign tour addi 8X

2,3 iron, vapor fly pro, 4-7 iron vapor pro combo, 8-P mm prototype, all project X 7.0

51,56,60 degree nike engage wedges, also project X 7.0

Method 006 prototype putter

Your the guy who bought all your clubs because growing up your golf idol was Stephen Ames. #9&8 #enjoythechase #neversleeponsummer

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

Drop some knowledge

Callaway RAZR Fit Oban Kiyoshi Purple 55-3

Adams XTi 15° Matrix Ozic Red Tie 7q3

Adams A12 Proto G 20°Matrix Radix 9t-HY

Titleist ZB 4-pw Nippon Modus 120

Cleveland CG-12 52-56-60

Cameron Del Mar 2 TeI3

[list]
[*]Taylormade R15 with Hzrdus Black 6.0
[*]Taylormade Jetspeed 15*
[*]Razr Fit 18* Diamana Ahina ion 80 x5ct
[*]Adams A12 Proto g 3031 20*
[*]Titleist ZB 4-pw Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120
[*]Cleveland CG15 52-54 Ping Eye 2 SW 58.5
[*]Scotty Cameron Del Mar Two Tel3
[/list]

haha Ill get in on this, but I have a feeling this will end with some bad comments since everyone hates nike apparently.

2,3 iron, vapor fly pro, 4-7 iron vapor pro combo, 8-P mm prototype, all project X 7.0

You're obviously a strong player with those shafts.

I think you said you're a college track coach, so I'm guessing fairly young (mid 20's) and just recently finished a college athletic career where you established a relationship and liking with Nike and have stayed with it.

I used to play the Vapor Pro Driver - loved it. Shows you value performance and consistency over having to have the Vapor Fly. Vapor 3-5 wood - same story. I feel the vapor line is every bit as good as the vapor fly line - but the black crowns look much classier. Forgiving long irons shows you understand that the game is already hard enough, so why not get a little bit of help? pro combo mid irons shows you work the ball, but still want some forgiveness. MM Proto's are awesome, and shows you aren't afraid to drop a little $$$ on superior equipment. Your shaft selections throughout the bag entails you've got a high swing speed, and prefer a lower ball flight. Your engage wedge set further gives away that you like Nike, like raw wedges, and pay attention to yardage gaps w/ the 51* in the bag. The Method 006 Proto tells me you likely have a close relationship with a Nike rep - and that you're a good putter. Do you play the Rzn dot balls??

Good looking setup! You remind me of Paul Casey in your profile pic and by your bag.

Thanks!! Most of that was pretty spot on haha. Like very much so. I figured Id get blasted for the all nike bag, so this actually worked out much better than expected.

Nope dont play the RZN dot. I was at the oven recently and was actually told through testing that with most clubs there is hardly any difference with it. Most likely difference would be spin with wedges.

You're obviously a strong player with those shafts.

I think you said you're a college track coach, so I'm guessing fairly young (mid 20's) and just recently finished a college athletic career where you established a relationship and liking with Nike and have stayed with it.

haha this is 100% dead on. Especially the relationship with Nike part, due to a school thats sponsored by them.

Nike Vapor Fly 9.5*

Taylormade R11 3 Wood

Titleist 910H 19* Hybrid

Titleist 710 AP2

Taylormade XFT 52*, Taylormade Rac Black TP 56 & 60*

Nike Method Midnight 006 Putter

Bag is an OGIO GROM in Desert storm Camo (Never seen another one like it)

Generally play Titleist NXT Tours but have recently been testing out new Nike's.

Ill give this one a go.

tough though because your either someone that loves what you have and isnt big on changing at all, or someone that care much about their game. Based off of your OGIO bag, Im going to write this assuming you you dont like change.

Driver, you probably had an old one, Id guess at least five years old, then you demoed this and it blew it away. 3 wood, youve used it a while and like it a lot, even a lot of pros prefer to not switch fairway woods when they are comfortable. Same concept with your hybrid (I still use the same exact head on my hybrid haha, itll never comeout). Your a decent ball striker, hence the forged clubs, and you arent planning on getting new ones any time soon. Wedges much just perform for you, and you love the classic shape and dark muted looked of the putter. You have zero brand loyalty and play what works.

Or you just dont care to upgrade much haha. You tell me.

My son's bag:

Titlest 910D3 8.5 driver set at C1 with Rogue 70 X-flex Silver 46.5 inches Z-grip midsize

Callaway H2hot 3 wood with Rogue 125msi x-flex 70 playing at 44 inches Z-grip midsize

Titleist 910H hybrid with X-flex Matrix Black Tie 105 shaft NDMC grip

Mizuno MP-4 4-PW Project X 6.0 Rifles New Decade MC grips

Vokey SM5 50-8 Patriot grip

Vokey SM6 54-8

Vokey SM5 58-4

Ping Ketsch Heavy Counterbalance 36 inch putter

If this is in a lightweight carry bag I'm instantly thinking a taller high school/collage golfer who can hit the ball a mile. The fairway tells me that he's not afraid to play what works and the Mizuno blades tells me he’s a good ball striker. If the blades are in mint condition he might be a golfwrxer and if they are a little beat up I may think he’s a better player. The 54* tells me he has spent some time thinking about his wedge gapping. The putter makes me interested as I have never seen one of those “in the wild” yet so I’m not 100% sure what to expect on the greens. I would think single digit handicap.

This might be fun. My Current Bag.

M1 9.5* - Kurokage Tini Silver 60s

xHot 3 & 4 wood - Project X Velocity Stiff

4-GW Aeroburner - REAX Stiff

Mac Daddy Tour Grind 54* & 60* wedges

Cameron Select Squareback Putter

My son's bag:

Titlest 910D3 8.5 driver set at C1 with Rogue 70 X-flex Silver 46.5 inches Z-grip midsize

Callaway H2hot 3 wood with Rogue 125msi x-flex 70 playing at 44 inches Z-grip midsize

Titleist 910H hybrid with X-flex Matrix Black Tie 105 shaft NDMC grip

Mizuno MP-4 4-PW Project X 6.0 Rifles New Decade MC grips

Vokey SM5 50-8 Patriot grip

Vokey SM6 54-8

Vokey SM5 58-4

Ping Ketsch Heavy Counterbalance 36 inch putter

If this is in a lightweight carry bag I'm instantly thinking a taller high school/collage golfer who can hit the ball a mile. The fairway tells me that he's not afraid to play what works and the Mizuno blades tells me he’s a good ball striker. If the blades are in mint condition he might be a golfwrxer and if they are a little beat up I may think he’s a better player. The 54* tells me he has spent some time thinking about his wedge gapping. The putter makes me interested as I have never seen one of those “in the wild” yet so I’m not 100% sure what to expect on the greens. I would think single digit handicap.

This might be fun. My Current Bag.

M1 9.5* - Kurokage Tini Silver 60s

xHot 3 & 4 wood - Project X Velocity Stiff

4-GW Aeroburner - REAX Stiff

Mac Daddy Tour Grind 54* & 60* wedges

Cameron Select Squareback Putter

Interesting that most assume from his club length that he's tall. He's about 5 ft 6 in. Very strong, currently 2.5 hdcp, last year 1.4. Longest drive in a tournament, 360 yds Poppy Hills 10th hole, par 5. Usually averages 290-310 off tee. Played with blades since age 10, MP33s with S300s. Loves his PX 6.0s since they help to control overdrawing. Use low bounce wedges and irons because he's a picker. The Ketch is ideal for him because it controls his putting from being too handsy. A week ago he was medalist at high school regionals, mainly because he had only 24 putts in the round. 12 1 putts and 6 2 putts.

Nike Vapor Fly 9.5*

Taylormade R11 3 Wood

Titleist 910H 19* Hybrid

Titleist 710 AP2

Taylormade XFT 52*, Taylormade Rac Black TP 56 & 60*

Nike Method Midnight 006 Putter

Bag is an OGIO GROM in Desert storm Camo (Never seen another one like it)

Generally play Titleist NXT Tours but have recently been testing out new Nike's.

Ill give this one a go.

tough though because your either someone that loves what you have and isnt big on changing at all, or someone that care much about their game. Based off of your OGIO bag, Im going to write this assuming you you dont like change.

Driver, you probably had an old one, Id guess at least five years old, then you demoed this and it blew it away. 3 wood, youve used it a while and like it a lot, even a lot of pros prefer to not switch fairway woods when they are comfortable. Same concept with your hybrid (I still use the same exact head on my hybrid haha, itll never comeout). Your a decent ball striker, hence the forged clubs, and you arent planning on getting new ones any time soon. Wedges much just perform for you, and you love the classic shape and dark muted looked of the putter. You have zero brand loyalty and play what works.

Or you just dont care to upgrade much haha. You tell me.

Pretty darn close hahaha. I am looking to upgrade my wedges this year but gotta find some I really like. I switched to the 006 Putter last year from an old Odyssey 2-ball and I have really gotten to like the 006. I just like my OGIO bag and haven't found another one that I would consider changing it out for.

As for brand loyalty, I have often thought about buying a completely new bag of clubs from one brand (Nike or Titleist), but like you said, what I have works for me, so why change?

I'm relatively new to GolfWRX, but allow me to give it a try.

You tell me:

BB Alpha 815

Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 4 Wood Steel Shaft

Mizuno MP30 Rifle Shaft 3-PW

Titleist sm5 wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey Works #9 Putter

Dark Green Titleist Stand Bag

Vice Pro ball

Steelhead and MP30 imply that you're such a loyal and trusted person. You play what works for you. You have a reputation of no-nonsense person, not a kind of bandwagon and trend-follower person. I suspect that your BB 815 is replacing an old and trusty driver that probably just recently broke or stolen. It still in the honeymoon period making you sometimes a little bit wild of the tee. That's why you have both 3-wood and 4-wood in your top of the bag. However, you have a solid short game. You previously gaming old Vokey or 588 and these SM5 are replacing them because the groove worn out. I assume you're in mid 30s, a family man with a kid or two, and have a decent job but choose to live below your means. You play 2-3 times a week and have 0-5 handicap.

Drop some knowledge

Cleveland CG-12 52-56-60

Cameron Del Mar 2 TeI3

It seems that you used to be a high-school or college golf player, but it was 10-15 years ago. Now you don't play golf as much as you were in your younger years. However, you still have a strong iron play and short game. You play 1-2 times a week, but you appear to be the most underrated player in the foursome. People tend to underestimate your ability but in the end it was you who take their money. You rely very much on your putter. Like Spieth, your Cameron is what bails you out when the other aspects of your game are a bit off. Your choice of shaft showed that you love to experiment with things. Probably you do your own gripping, or perhaps you have your own golf workshop and simulator in your garage/basement. You're a 0-3 handicap. You're in your late 30s or early 40s and drive a Ford/GM truck.

Let me know how far/close my prejudice. :)

Drop some knowledge

Cleveland CG-12 52-56-60

Cameron Del Mar 2 TeI3

All I can say is, if we meant on the first tee and I saw your setup, I would politely decline to play you for money. Everything in there screams this is a guy who has his bag tweaked just the way he wants it, and everything in there works.

And I bet you have had that putter for a while and can really roll it.

I'll throw mine up again since it's so far different from the signature:

up.

Driver: TM M2 9.5*. Stock stiff flex Fujikura

3W: Nike Vapor Fly Pro. Set to 16*. Stock, stiff flex Tensei shaft. Man I love the look of this club.

Hybrid: TM 18* rescue with the stock Aldila RIP shaft.

Irons:3,4-PW. Mizuno MP-59 with Aerotech Players Spec AMI99 shafts in R flex.

Wedges: TM 50*,56*,60* with KBS Hi-Rev shafts. I don't even know the model these are. I believe they are the one with the changeable faces. I got thems as a throw in on a BST deal a few years ago and just really like them.

Putter: SC Select Newport 2 Dual Balance.

Ball is the one in tha avatar.

My current bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5 with Pershing 65 stiff at 44 inches, D4.

FW: bazooka jmax 15 with stock quuck launch stiff. Real old 18 cobra baffler with Lincoln boron hm40 stiff (like rebar).

irons: Cleveland 4-pw cg16 with stock reg shafts, D6.

wedges: 52/60 Macgregor tourney forged with S300, 56 Cleveland cg14 in stock reg.

Putter: Bettinardi BHBB12 Hawk, cut down to 32 with super stroke Fatso 5.0 grip. Been in bag longer than any other club and never leaving.

Srixon tour stand bag, bag boy push trolley.

Fire away!

Suppose I'll put myself up for scrutiny.

Driver: Bridgestone J40 9.5* - Aldila RIP 66g X shaft.

3 wood: Taylor Made 200 Series 14* - Dynamic Gold X300

Irons: Titleist 690mb (Original) 3-PW - Dynamic Gold X300

Wedges: Bridgestone J40 54* & 60* - Dynamic Gold X300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna (Oil Can)

Ogio Grom Stand Bag.

The large majority of players at my club are older and could care less if they're playing the original 1966 Ping Anser, but there are of group of guys (about 20) that are some serious WRX'ers.. lol constantly swapping clubs and shafts with each other.

[b]Cobra Bio Cell+ Black // Matrix Ozik HD7X[/b]
[b]Srixon 545F // Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Tini Stiff
Adams Idea Pro Black 21* // Aldila RIP Phenom
Ping 2013 Anser Forged (4-W) // KBS Tour Stiff Tapered
Titleist SM4 TVD Raw 51* 56* & 60* // KBS Tour Stiff Black Graphite
Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport Circle H[/b]

I'll get in the fun haven't seen much of my stuff.

Bridgestone j715 9.5 fubuki 66g x tipped 1/2 in

Cleveland classic xl 15.5 proforce v2 x 75g

Titleist 915fd 5w Rouge black 80g

Titleist t-mb 3 iron kbs c taper 120g

Bridgestone j15 mb 4-pw kbs c taper 120g

Bridgestone j15 54 bent to 53

Cleveland 588 rtg 58

Scotty cameron circa 62 #2

Ogio stand bag that's about 4 years old a little beat up and sun faded

Ogio Grom Stand Bag.

Okay people, this works best if you give some commentary on someones bag before you post yours because this is just getting flooded with people posting their clubs without contributing!

When you find something that works for you, you stick with it. The old TM 3 wood and the Titleist irons would look beat up and old but I'm guessing you have new grips on them and that's a combo that would end up taking a lot of money from people if they just saw your older clubs. Never bet against a guy with old clubs and new grips. Never! You don't fall victim to the latest marketing and play what works (Bridgestone doesn't really advertise their clubs). The Scotty is the only really flashy thing in your bag but going with the oil can gives it a nice touch.

My bag:

Driver: Adams XTD - Matrix Red Tie Stiff

Fairway: Callaway X2Hot Pro 17* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff

Hybrid: Adams Pro 21* - Aldila Tour Red Stiff

Irons: Cobra AMP Forged 4-PW - KBS Tour S+

GW: Mizuno MP-T5 50* - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Wedge

SW: Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 54* - KBS Tour Wedge

LW: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 58* - U-Grind - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter: SeeMore FGP - Ping PP-58 Blackout Grip

Bag: Orange Sun Mountain Sync - Sits on a Bagboy push cart.

Ball: Bridgestone B330

Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º - Aldila Tour Green

Titleist 915H 20° - Diamana Blue 70 S
Cobra AMP Forged (4-PW) - KBS Tour S+
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°/54°/58° - TTDG Spinner Tour
Seemore Nashville mFGP Blade

Ogio Grom Stand Bag.

Okay people, this works best if you give some commentary on someones bag before you post yours because this is just getting flooded with people posting their clubs without contributing!

When you find something that works for you, you stick with it. The old TM 3 wood and the Titleist irons would look beat up and old but I'm guessing you have new grips on them and that's a combo that would end up taking a lot of money from people if they just saw your older clubs. Never bet against a guy with old clubs and new grips. Never! You don't fall victim to the latest marketing and play what works (Bridgestone doesn't really advertise their clubs). The Scotty is the only really flashy thing in your bag but going with the oil can gives it a nice touch.

My bag:

You are a long hitter, gaming a 4 wood and hybrid. You don't NEED to play the most current rather, you game what feels best for you regardless of brand loyalty. You might struggle with consistently hitting the fairway but iron play is generally spot on. Short game is key for you, getting up and down to save par after losing a drive here and there into trouble.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Black LE Diamana S+ 60 X-Stiff

Ping G-30 18* 5-wood Alta S Flex Shaft

Mizuno MP-H4 3i C-Taper X-Stiff

Mizuno P-54 4-P C-Taper X-Stiff

Mizuno MP-T4 G, S, L DG Spinner +

Odyssey 2-Ball Fang Tank

Nike RZN Tour Platinum

My bag:

You are a long hitter, gaming a 4 wood and hybrid. You don't NEED to play the most current rather, you game what feels best for you regardless of brand loyalty. You might struggle with consistently hitting the fairway but iron play is generally spot on. Short game is key for you, getting up and down to save par after losing a drive here and there into trouble.

Man that's pretty spot on. My irons and short game are my best parts of my game (short game especially). My driver is hit or miss most of the time (still trying to find the right shaft for it and I'm going to get fit once I'm done closing on my house with my GF). I'm not the longest hitter but I can get it out there around 270-275 usually (290-300 with great conditions and a perfect swing). I definitely don't have brand loyalty other than "Well I liked my AMP Cell driver from Cobra...lets see what the Bio Cell has to offer" when I'm looking for new clubs but I'll try whatever is out there. If I liked you in the past, you get vaulted in to my decision for next time. I shot a 79 last weekend with my driver being a trainwreck. What saved me was rolling in putt after putt. I had 28 putts on the day and not a lot of them were short ones either. Rolled in a few 15 footers to save par after my driver got me in trouble.

Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º - Aldila Tour Green

Titleist 915H 20° - Diamana Blue 70 S
Cobra AMP Forged (4-PW) - KBS Tour S+
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°/54°/58° - TTDG Spinner Tour
Seemore Nashville mFGP Blade

Ogio Grom Stand Bag.

Think this guy wins, everything has been in the bag a few years. Steel shaft in a 3w, alot of bridgestone and only 13 clubs. You know quality and what works for you don't want to play this guy for money

Cleveland 588 rtg 58

If I saw you're bag on the tee I'd be reluctant to put down some money. Everything says to me that your clubs are carefully selected. Having the "latest and greatest" isn't important and your more concerned with results. The assortment of various brands enforces my opinion that brand doesn't matter. You also get a respect point from me for being a fellow ogio bag user. :-)

Cleveland 588 rtg 58

If I saw you're bag on the tee I'd be reluctant to put down some money. Everything says to me that your clubs are carefully selected. Having the "latest and greatest" isn't important and your more concerned with results. The assortment of various brands enforces my opinion that brand doesn't matter. You also get a respect point from me for being a fellow ogio bag user. :-)

I feel like we would be a good match, I could probably game your bag like it's my own. I miss my j40 driver wish I didn't get rid of it such a solid club