2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Adams Fast 12 LS driver...uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN-

dlefty

i recieved my adams f12ls 9.5 3 days ago with the wrong shaft! ordered an xflex and it came in stiff, i live in mexico and was upset and returning it would take another mth so i decided to take it out anyway and thoght i could always order another shaft.

my current setup is a nike vr ltd with a kiyoshi 75 xflex.

im still not sure what to think because i have a higher than avg swing speed with a quick tempo but the fabuki 60 stiff has blown me away . i hit my nike very well carry 270 to 280 ish but i was smolking the f12 past the nike on avg by 20 yards. now im assuming its the roll out because i cant imagine carrying the ball 300 but i will tell you after 3 rounds it is definatly log and very accurate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a fast 12 ls in 8.5 degrees with a VTS Black 6x coming in on friday. I am BEYOND excited to see how this performs. I hit the fast 12 ls at a demo day and it was just blowing everything else away. Only one that came close was a 7.5 degree 910 d3.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1

Oh my god. This driver, is absolutely incredible. This is one of the longest clubs I have ever played, and fits me PERFECT. The ball just screams off the face at a mid-high, boring trajectory that just hangs in the air forever. Watching it is just absolutely amazing. And the best part is, WOW is it forgiving. No more screaming hooks or slices if I mishit it, it may go about 10 yards off target if I catch the ball wrong, but mishits are not much shorter. I am still in awe. Going to go play some more though so I will not be writing a whole long review. Also the VTS black, incredible shaft. Extremely smooth, super stable and I can feel it kick nicely. Ive played the Attas, attas T2, the V2 and I love UST mamiya shafts, but this one is by far my favorite so far.

ProV1

Funny I just bought a 9015d head. Guess I am going the wrong direction. But I figure the most popular head on this site ever, what the heck cant be bad.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I just sold the 9015, and while it is an extremely solid head, I just needed a bit more forgiveness. And I think my Fast 12 setup fits me a bit better.

ProV1

9015D user and Hibore XL Tour/Monster XLS Tour user...

I know the above heads are low spin, as is the LS...

Where does the Fast 12LS fall in terms of forgiveness? Like dummy forgiving à la Hibore Monster Tour? Or basically a 9015D shaped like a R11 with a wrench to satisfy the wrench thirsty crowd?

I'm pretty sure my 9015D is getting benched by a Hibore Monster Tour. No idea why, but lower spin but lower ball speed by a smidge, have produced a stupidly dummy forgiving deep slight fade. Total with roll out exceeds anything my 9015D has done. Shaft for shaft, both have been mated with my Accra Tour Z.

Is the F12 LS MUCH MUCH more forgiving like 5900 MOI forgiving with ballspeeda of 9015D? That's my real question. I want Hibore monster forgiveness and spin, with the ballspeeds of my 9015D.

Might also ease the wallaet and grab up some XL Tours.

Played my first round with the LS yesterday. First off, I bought the 9.5* w/ Matrix 6M3 black tie X-flex from the BST but it didn't come with weights/wrench. Length is just shy of 45" and the SW was low (~D0). I took it to Edwin Watts and they removed the 8g weight and they found a 16g weight from a 9064 DFS kit they had laying around. The guy gave me the heavier weight which was awesome! By my math that should bring the SW up to D4-5, maybe a bit heavier, but it feels much better.

As for the round, I have never hit so many fairways! Feel off the face is amazing. I couldn't accurately judge distance due to winds and wet fairways, but I did bust a few that I know were ~290-300. Cant wait to get out and play again as soon as this Tropical Storm gets out of the way!

What a great club.

I own many drivers and I used to rotate them just for the fun of it. I put the F12 LS in my bag at the beginning of May and I did not feel the slightest urge to take it out ever since. The bad drives are longer and straighter than ever, the average drives are longer than ever and the good drives are much longer than ever. I also hit more fairways, and so far, in about 20 rounds, I have hit only one drive into real trouble with it, which went 60 degrees right OB, when my right foot slipped on a muddy teeing area.
But in my case, it is also a matter of the stock Fubuki Alpha 60S being a perfect fit for my swing. I knew that from demo days and it was a main reason why I bought the club.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

This thread has won me over and 2 weeks ago, I got a deal on eBay. Went with the 10.5 as I knew I would play it at the -1 loft setting (9.5*). Also, a lot of people suggested to go up in loft as the head is low spin / launch. Got the Alpha X-stiff. Tipped it .5" and put a 14g weight to play it at 44.5".

After 3 rounds, I can tell you this : This driver is long, very long but also it's very straight. Seems like my misses are fades or draws instead of slices and hooks. Very forgiving and great, great sound. I get a lot of positive comment as the LS is not available in stores here in Quebec.

Very happy with my purchase !

BTW, the Alpha is a much better shaft than what I thought. For my swing, it's even better than the AD DI 7X and VTS silver 7X. Glad I tipped it .5" !

Top of my bag is all AdamsGolf and wouldn't mind adding some a12 pro's or CMBs !

Bridgestone J715 B5 / Accra tour Z 75+ 05
Adams Tight Lies ti 15*/ UST V2 Tour flight X
TEE CB proH 18* & Cleveland 588 mt 21*
Adams XTD forged 5-pw / C-taper 120S
ATV 50*&54* / X forged MD C-grind 58*
Odyssey Versa BWB #7 / SS 3.0 or
TM Spider Vicino CS / SS pistol gt 2.0
TM Lethal

i kill the xtd with fubuki, but the fubuki with the ls did not give me more than the 9088 with matrix radix.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

[quote name='evanseze' timestamp='1339075776' post='5046300']
[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1337696311' post='4957710']
[quote name='MrMorganUSC' timestamp='1337654128' post='4955344']
I bought and tried out the 8.5* X-flex Fast 12LS. Just did not like he sound or the feel of the Fast12 LS. It also felt very light which is something I am not used to. Back to the Superquad 282....which I really don't know why I tried anything else.

Funny thing is, now I can't get rid of it. Going to take a hit on this purchase :russian_roulette:

Scott
[/quote]
Welcome to the world of Adams drivers and overhyped nonsense on Golfwrx threads. Notice how some on here have to modify the club with weights, shims, premium shafts, and engineering to get the end-all driver they claimed it was when first bought? If you spent that much time and effort on ANY driver out there today you'd get great results. I've tried everything this year but the R11S and Cleveland driver and nothing is any better or worse than my R11 from last year.
[/quote]

Wow! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You are playing one of the most overhyped drivers in the last 2 years. You pretty much HAVE TO modify the R11 as the stock Blur shaft is awful. At least Adams puts a real premium shaft in their $400 drivers and not just a pretty new white paint job with a crappy shaft. The only complaint I have with Adams is their lack of availability on hot products. Hopefully with the Taylormade buyout that will be a thing of the past. I am not a Taylormade hater by any means, as I think their ATV wedges are something pretty spectacular. I have also loved some of their previous offerings, but personally I think the R11 feels like a hollow tin can and spins like a top with the stock blur shaft.
[/quote]
How many R11's do you find in the used bins? Not many. It has a harsher feeling than some I grant you that but every shaft can be overpowered or underpowered. Mine fit pretty well but I still experimented with other shafts and it was convenient to be able to wrench in/out new shafts from one round to the next.

[quote name='burgosity' timestamp='1341021549' post='5192680']
Just picked up a 9.5 tour issue fast 12 ls head from Will Peoples can't wait to take it to the range.
[/quote]

Got an Adams Fast 12 LS with Fubuki Alpha S at 9.5 yesterday. This club is very long, very straight and hits a high ball with low spin. It's more tip stiff than the Blue Board I was playing but the shaft still kicks the same so distance is as good or better but straighter and higher ball flight. Ball hits and runs (my 910 D2 hit and sat there next to ball mark).

Club sets up well and on center hits sound and feel corky but miss it a little and it's tink/tank sound. That's the stiffer tip shaft talking (compared to the BB I'm used to)

The club is VERY straight and VERY long and VERY forgiving. You lose more feel than distance when you miss the super sweet spot in the dead high center. This club definitely has a "super" sweet spot that gives you that flushed feel when you hit it. The misses go but feel and sound much different. Can work it very well too....high /low more than draw fade.

I am in driver desicion mode right now. Currently game a I-20 with Antas Elements and am hitting accurately but with no roll. Very towering balls (too high in my opinion but am hitting 65-70% of fairways). Being a club ho I ordered an RBZ TP with Fubuki X-stiff and now have a Adams Tour issued LS with Rombax type x shaft coming too. I can't wait to see which one wins. My guess is that it will be a dual between the RBZ and Adams. Anyone game any of these combos? If so what are your thoughts.

[quote name='cu1998tigers' timestamp='1341669938' post='5231912']
I am in driver desicion mode right now. Currently game a I-20 with Antas Elements and am hitting accurately but with no roll. Very towering balls (too high in my opinion but am hitting 65-70% of fairways). Being a club ho I ordered an RBZ TP with Fubuki X-stiff and now have a Adams Tour issued LS with Rombax type x shaft coming too. I can't wait to see which one wins. My guess is that it will be a dual between the RBZ and Adams. Anyone game any of these combos? If so what are your thoughts.
[/quote]

The Adams for sure. It's forgiving, accurate and long. Plus it sounds good and feel even better. With a low spin shaft, you're up for some LONG drives that will hit the ground running.
Thought the RBZ was hot as well but sound and feel is far behind the LS. If you get a chance to do a flightscope shootout, I'd be awesome if you could post the results here.

BTW, you seem like quite a golf ho to only have 24 posts ! :drinks:

TM Lethal

• 3 weeks later...

I just took my newly acquired Fast 12 LS out on the course this Sunday. It is a tour van build that comes in at 8.75* and has a UST Mayima VTS Silver Tour SPX 7X. I carried two drivers for the round just so I could compare my Cobra s9-1 Pro D to it.

Initial impressions:
- Adams isn't lying when they say they are trying to make an aerodynamic club. Very different feel from my S9-1. You can feel the club cutting through it. Easy to swing

- I love the solid sound. It just sounds fast.

- Played on the course with a GPS and put 2 balls in the 320 range. Ball just seems get to a mid ballflight and fly for days.

Can't wait to try it with a Black Tie that I am installing a tip on at the moment.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

I keep messing around, making adjustments. Just started playing with the 1/2" extension. Changed the feel a little...more muted sound too. But WOW...as you would expect, hit it a little further with the added length. I love this driver. LOVE.

Srixon Z785 
Cleveland Classic XL 14*, Black Tie X
Srixon Z945 3-PW, Project X 6.5
Cleveland RTX 3 52*, 56* 60*, Dynamic Gold 
Odyssey Sabretooth Backstryke w/Flat Cat 

Right now a play a 910 D2 and just seem too hit it too high with a lot of spin, and I don't really like the head shape, and I want a new toy... Over the last week I have been hitting a few new drivers at an outdoor range (i like seeing the outdoor results). I narrowed it down to the G20, I20 and Adams LS12.... All of this reading about people experiences with the Adams is making me want to go for it, has anyone compared these 3?

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

Had my first session last night. 9.5 fubuki alpha 60-X = BOMMMBEERRRRRR!!!!

Wish I could close it abit more without effecting loft.

Titleist 915 D2 8.5* - Aldila Rogue Black 6-TX
Titleist 915F 16.5 - Aldila Tour Green 7X
Titleist 816 H1 19* - Motore Speeder 8.8X
Titleist 716 AP2 4-9 - Project X 6.5
SM6 46.08 F Grind - S300
SM6 50.08 F Grind - S300
SM6 54.10 S Grind - S300
SM6 58.12 K Grind - S200

Nike Method 006 Proto
ProV1x 16'

So I have a really dumb question. I've been playing the same driver for 8 years. Its an 8 or 9 yr old cleveland launcher 460 w/ the stock stiff fujikura gold shaft. Will a new driver like the this Adams beast really increase my yardage and maybe a bit more accurate? It just seems hard to believe that a new driver would make that much difference. I can carry my launcher about 268 on a solid hit. Again, sorry for the dumb question. I'm just not up on the new technology.

$$$$

[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1343233554' post='5351098']
So I have a really dumb question. I've been playing the same driver for 8 years. Its an 8 or 9 yr old cleveland launcher 460 w/ the stock stiff fujikura gold shaft. Will a new driver like the this Adams beast really increase my yardage and maybe a bit more accurate? It just seems hard to believe that a new driver would make that much difference. I can carry my launcher about 268 on a solid hit. Again, sorry for the dumb question. I'm just not up on the new technology.
[/quote]

Not dumb question at all. I bet you this question is being asked every day in North American golf shops.

Yes ! Aerodynamics have been improved a lot on drivers (higher swing speed). Variable face thickness also gives better ball speed across the face, specially on miss hits. Better COG placement allow better launch and spin numbers. MOI has been improved through better design (improve distance and precision on miss hits). Shafts technology is that much better (if you get fit of course). And the multiple adjustment options help golfers personalizing the driver specs to their own swing characteristic. Face angle, loft, lie and weight adjustment is a big improvement in the industry.

The Fast 12 LS is one of the best option when considering buying a new driver with his great ball speed and low spin ratings. Easy but effective adjustments. AND BEST STOCK SHAFT OFFERING EVER with a real Fubuki Alpha or a real Matrix Black Tie. Bring your Cleveland to a good golf shop and compare it with the many new drivers available. Good Hunt !

TM Lethal

Just ordered mine - w/ the Alpha 70.

... side note- if you go on the golfsmith custom club website and build it, it comes up at $299 :-)

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

[quote name='Tarkata' timestamp='1343258495' post='5353808']
Too bad Adams woods feel like crap off the face. Just an awful feeling...
That club reminds me of everything I don't buy - harsh, brittle, noisy crap drivers.

Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with crappy feeling drivers.
Liquid Metal anyone?
[/quote]

You must think you are on the [b]RBZ Tour driver... uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN- [/b]thread ! :cheesy:

It's kinda the wrong thread to bash what most of us believe to be one of THE BEST DRIVER EVER... Plus it's not very nice ! :nono:

Do we go on the thread [b]I'm so glad my Mizuno MP 630 driver isn't harsh, brittle and a noisy crap driver like the Adams Fast 12 ls (Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with crappy feeling drivers)[/b] and spit on your driver ? Mmmhhhh ? No we don't !

Oh yeah[b], [/b]also, you are SOOO WRONG ! :bigwhack:
( ;) )

TM Lethal

[quote name='schlebrock' timestamp='1343179381' post='5346880']
[quote name='JakeBarnes' timestamp='1343062140' post='5334660']
I just took my newly acquired Fast 12 LS out on the course this Sunday. It is a tour van build that comes in at 8.75* and has a UST Mayima VTS Silver Tour SPX 7X. I carried two drivers for the round just so I could compare my Cobra s9-1 Pro D to it.

Initial impressions:
- Adams isn't lying when they say they are trying to make an aerodynamic club. Very different feel from my S9-1. You can feel the club cutting through it. Easy to swing

- I love the solid sound. It just sounds fast.

- Played on the course with a GPS and put 2 balls in the 320 range. Ball just seems get to a mid ballflight and fly for days.

Can't wait to try it with a Black Tie that I am installing a tip on at the moment.
[/quote]

I just purchased a Tour Issue 9.5 Fast 12 LS with a VTS Silver Tour SPX 6S and will be trying it out tomorrow. We'll see if it kicks out my 9.5 Ping i20 with a Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2.

I hope it gives me the same results as some of the others who've posted in this thread.
[/quote]

So which driver won?

$$$$