Scratchswingers WITB

I have only had time to play a few rounds with it and so far it's performed fantastic, I think I have hit it a total of 4 times on the course and each time was really solid. I have hit a ton of range balls with it and compared to my A12 it's more forgiving, launches higher and goes further. I have had to turn the loft up to maintain my gaping. With the A12 I can hit it high but I have to make an effort, with the HD it wants to go high. It's really easy to control the trajectory, I don't know if this is because of the shaft, head or combination of the two.

I was hesitant to go with the Tour Spec over the standard Speeder since I like the standard version so much in my A12. I decided to go with the Tour Spec because I am such a fan of the shaft in the driver and fairway I figured it would perform the same. I have zero complaints about the shaft, stable yet smooth, ideal launch and spin. It definitely feels stiffer than the standard speeder but in a good way, it's hard to compare it to the standard Speeder because the A12 and HD heads are so different.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have the 60Β° and 712u 4 iron on order, if I like the 60Β° I might get the 56Β° also. I kind of doubt it though.... I generally use the 56 for anything from 50 to 110 yards and hardly around the greens. The K grind is more useful around the greens. Mine is coming from Wedge Works so it might take a little while longer.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365459710' post='6788387']
Yes I have the 60Β° and 712u 4 iron on order, if I like the 60Β° I might get the 56Β° also. I kind of doubt it though.... I generally use the 56 for anything from 50 to 110 yards and hardly around the greens. The K grind is more useful around the greens. Mine is coming from Wedge Works so it might take a little while longer.
[/quote]

I like the direction your bag is headed. Now, putter and irons?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365458730' post='6788265']
I have only had time to play a few rounds with it and so far it's performed fantastic, I think I have hit it a total of 4 times on the course and each time was really solid. I have hit a ton of range balls with it and compared to my A12 it's more forgiving, launches higher and goes further. I have had to turn the loft up to maintain my gaping. With the A12 I can hit it high but I have to make an effort, with the HD it wants to go high. It's really easy to control the trajectory, I don't know if this is because of the shaft, head or combination of the two.

I was hesitant to go with the Tour Spec over the standard Speeder since I like the standard version so much in my A12. I decided to go with the Tour Spec because I am such a fan of the shaft in the driver and fairway I figured it would perform the same. I have zero complaints about the shaft, stable yet smooth, ideal launch and spin. It definitely feels stiffer than the standard speeder but in a good way, it's hard to compare it to the standard Speeder because the A12 and HD heads are so different.
[/quote]

Thanks for the mini review! I also went with the tour spec in the 913 driver and 3 wood and both have been awsome so far in testing....I wasn't sure if I could handle them especially the 7.2 in the 3 wood but they have been game changers and I love the feel and launch. Looks like I will definitly pick up an 8.8 TS though but still have to decide between the 913h and the G25. Really appreciate your feedback though, looking forward to hearing about that 60* as well.

10.5* (@ 9*) Stealth+ w/ Diamana ZF 60s - 44.75"
16* (@ 15.6*) Tour Issue SLDR Mini w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7s - 42.5"Β 
18* Tour Issue Stealth w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s - 41.75"
ZX7 4-pw w/ Modus 120s
SM9 50 08F w/ Modus 120s

SM9 55 13D w/ Modus 120s
33" Piretti Cottonwood 2

TP5x

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1365465200' post='6788933']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365459710' post='6788387']
[/quote]

I like the direction your bag is headed. Now, putter and irons?
[/quote]

Anything can change at any moment.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a beaut! Is it graphite ion or cal chrome, looks kinda in between from the reflection.

10.5* (@ 9*) Stealth+ w/ Diamana ZF 60s - 44.75"
16* (@ 15.6*) Tour Issue SLDR Mini w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7s - 42.5"Β 
18* Tour Issue Stealth w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s - 41.75"
ZX7 4-pw w/ Modus 120s
SM9 50 08F w/ Modus 120s

SM9 55 13D w/ Modus 120s
33" Piretti Cottonwood 2

TP5x

• 1 month later...

Sick Bag!!!! Plus extra Kudos for the Lakers and USC references, I'm a socal boy as well!! Loving my 913's and GoLo.

Corba Aerojet LS 9 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 60XΒ 
Taylormade Stealth Plus 15 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 70X

Taylormade Stealth2Β  3 Rescue 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X Velocore
Titleist T200 4 DGTI X100
T100S 5-PWΒ DGTI X100
SM9 50F DGTI,Β SM9 54DΒ DGTI,Β SM7 60D DGTI

EVNROLL EV5.1B - Mid Slant Hosel 34Β 

Scotty Cameron 2012Β Select GoLo 34

L.A.B. DF3 Dodger Blue 35/70 Heavy (On its way!!)

Nice sticks. Tai told me about you on the course. We'll have to play sometime :)

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

[quote name='jasman29' timestamp='1370586171' post='7187276']
Sick Bag!!!! Plus extra Kudos for the Lakers and USC references, I'm a socal boy as well!! Loving my 913's and GoLo.
[size=4][/quote][/size]

I think we are in for a long couple of years.

[quote name='SurfinTurf' timestamp='1370586981' post='7187288']
Still rocking the Versa, Scratchy?

Digging my #7
[/quote]

I went back to the GoLo for now... Thinking of maybe getting a N5 or N7 but I am rolling the standard one pretty good.

[quote name='Titleist-Golfer' timestamp='1370593587' post='7187376']
Nice sticks. Tai told me about you on the course. We'll have to play sometime :)
[/quote]

Soon!

K is idiot proof out of the bunker, you really have to make a bad swing not to get it out. The added bounce and wide sole adds forgiveness around the greens and lets you get away with missing a little thin or a little fat. I don't like the wide sole as much on 50+ shots as I would prefer a thinner sole on my longer swings. I think the benefit that you get out of the bunkers and around the greens makes up of the what you lose on full swings. I never had a problem with my M grinds digging too much but the added bounce and wide sole of the 60 should help with that. I do prefer the rusted finish better on the M grinds vs the black of the K.

Scratch, you had some experience with the fuji HB 90 right? How do you like the new 9.8 speeder, is it much different? Thanks.

I'm joining the driving iron craze and thinking heavy/stout graphite will be a little more playable than steel in an 18*.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

Still have it in an Adams A12 pro, both are really good and I could play either. The TS is essiently the same shaft with a stiffer tip so it launches a little lower and is a tad more stable, it also feels stouter. If I had to chose between the 2, I would probably pick the HB90 simply cause its still very stable but with a little more feel. When paired with the right head it's a rocket launcher, plus they are rare which is kind of cool...

I have a Steelfiber i125 in my 712u, I need to give it more time before I make a decision. It feels incredible but I want to see what it's doing on Trackman. I would look at the Matrix Program if you are looking at graphite.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1370752674' post='7198356']
The K is definitely better for diggers, that's what it was designed for. Leading edge sits a little closer than the K but its splitting hairs. What loft are you thinking?
[/quote]

Need a 60 degree. I have an M grind right now and just having trouble on my pitch shots digging in the ground. I use the 60 primarily around the green. I am thinking that the K will help with those awkward 30-50 yard shots. I dont have those alot, but would like to nip them a little better.

WITB:

Β 

Who knows?

I love your Koi pond!

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1370756094' post='7198476']
Still have it in an Adams A12 pro, both are really good and I could play either. The TS is essiently the same shaft with a stiffer tip so it launches a little lower and is a tad more stable, it also feels stouter. If I had to chose between the 2, I would probably pick the HB90 simply cause its still very stable but with a little more feel. When paired with the right head it's a rocket launcher, plus they are rare which is kind of cool...

I have a Steelfiber i125 in my 712u, I need to give it more time before I make a decision. It feels incredible but I want to see what it's doing on Trackman. I would look at the Matrix Program if you are looking at graphite.
[/quote]

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the steelfibers after full testing. Sounds like Pure couldn't quite get along with them, although the lower spinning nature would probably be effective in a driving iron. I ended up snagging an HB 90 for $37 shipped, worth a cheap experiment at least.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

• 3 weeks later...

Scratch! The K grind looks and feels awesome. Blows my 60 M out of the water. What 714 line has your eye? Also, looking for some advice on iron shafts. I have a 712 mixed set right now 3-7 cb 8-P MB with DG x100. I like the feel of these, however am having a tough time to launch higher for me. This was tough for me on firm greens to hit especially in tournaments. I dont know anything about nippon shafts and wondering what else you had tried out.

WITB:

Β 

Who knows?

The Nippon Blue are probably going to launch really similar or a touch lower than your DGX100. I have not hit the Super Peening Orange but they are supposed to spin more and launch higher than the Blues. Also theN.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour will go higher and spin more.

Have you thought of tweaking the loft of your irons by 1Β° up? You will probably see more significant results by changing heads or lofts vs shafts.

The AP2's are really the only 714's that interest me. I have the 712CB and MB enough to know that I like my current irons more. I am really excited to try the AP2's though...