Titleist 913 Range?

[quote name='moonshine' timestamp='1334808212' post='4749788']
[color="#FF0000"]Well if thats the case, everyone should be hitting a r11s....Way longer than the 910...I think a lot of people play the 910 Because "its not white" and "its not TM"
I think it would be hillarious if Titleist came out with the 913 in White....Really would screw the pooch for a lot of peoples reasoning....LOL[/color]

I don't know you, but suggest you may want to hit the 910 flush and reconsider. If the r11s is that much more, I really don't need it to play good golf. :beruo:
[/quote]

I have hit the 910s a lot. I have tried probably 10 different shafts. It is not as long or straight as the r11s. I have fit probably 25 people with both drivers, and for probably 80% hit the r11s longer and straighter. That being said, I am not hitting a r11s, I actually hit a Burner Superfast TP from a few years ago...Its still a beast....
Just commenting on the "straight distance" comment.
my .02

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='titleistman11' timestamp='1334925830' post='4757152']
[quote name='Tony_Ireland' timestamp='1334427311' post='4721262']
I see Brendan Steele just tweeted there, [i]"Starting to get really excited about the new 913 gear,cant wait to get it in the bag!"[/i]
[i]
[/i]
Anyone got any info or pics/links to what we could be looking at and when? Sounds like it could be sooner than we thought :D

EDIT: He just replied to me saying no pics yet, said he'l let me know when he gets them, should i be expecting a phone call? hahaha
[/quote]

What is the 913 is it a new line of drivers or fairway woods or hybrids or all 3 of them like the 910

ALL 3

[/quote]

[quote name='WestTexan' timestamp='1334926595' post='4757214']
[quote name='titleistman11' timestamp='1334925830' post='4757152']
[quote name='Tony_Ireland' timestamp='1334427311' post='4721262']
I see Brendan Steele just tweeted there, [i]"Starting to get really excited about the new 913 gear,cant wait to get it in the bag!"[/i]
[i]
[/i]
Anyone got any info or pics/links to what we could be looking at and when? Sounds like it could be sooner than we thought :D

EDIT: He just replied to me saying no pics yet, said he'l let me know when he gets them, should i be expecting a phone call? hahaha
[/quote]

What is the 913 is it a new line of drivers or fairway woods or hybrids or all 3 of them like the 910

ALL 3

[/quote]
[/quote]

Dear Mr. Titleist,
How about a truly deep-faced driver? Stop calling the D3 deep because it really isn't, only when compared with the D2.
Something like Adams 9015D face depth would be nice.
Just my 2 cents.

I will say that I have had very good experience with Titleist and the custom department. In Jan of 2011 I ordered some new AP1's. I had them built custom with DGS300, and I wanted them at D3 swingweight. I got the irons, played a few rounds, and they all of the sudden my swing with every club went to hell. Come to find out the irons were at D8 swingweight!! So, I called Titleist to let them know they totally screwed up a custom set of irons. They sent me a UPS call tag, and when the clubs got back to Titleist, I got a call from the tech who was actually doing the work. After having to take out the tip weights, and take down each club 1/4", which is fine, I am only 5'10", the clubs were at D3. They cleaned the irons as well since I sent them in after a super chunk divot filled round, and even sent the clubs back overnight shipping. Still in my bag this year, and will be for many years to come.

And just my two cents......why in the world would you try to buy a $275 shaft by just having a phone conversation. For the love of god, when are people going to realize that torque is just a number, no universal way to measure amongst all of the shaft vendors, and the only way to truly git fit is to get on a Trackman, Flightscope, etc. If you are going to slam Titleist because the guy who makes $12 an hour answering the customer service phones can't give you shaft suggestions you might want to rethink your equipment selection process.

:hi:

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1334707371' post='4740982']
[quote name='lvmike' timestamp='1334707189' post='4740962']
I had to post. I love this site for many reasons and today was like icing on the cake. I was just absolutely taken aback earlier today by a PM from Titleist. I posted earlier in this thread about a bad fitting experience.

Titleist PM'd me and has asked for any further details I'd like to provide and to suggest a fitter for my next fitting. Someone was listening to little old me? I think that was just an incredible gesture on their part to make it known that they're truly listening...and to give me an ear to bend.

Proof that GolfWRX has become a force in the industry. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Thank you GolfWRX. Thank you Titleist.

Now back to the 913 discussion...and yes, I'm that much more anxious to see it come to fruition now.
[/quote]

Titleist jerked me around 6 months ago and I made a bunch of noise about it on here. One of the mods has a buddy who is an exec at Titleist and he passed the thread on to them plus I let Titleist know the thread existed. Long story short they sent my clubs right out and I think they started paying attention to this site because they know how much influence it has.
[/quote]

You are a wise man.

[quote name='jdg2494' timestamp='1334965862' post='4760434']
I will say that I have had very good experience with Titleist and the custom department. In Jan of 2011 I ordered some new AP1's. I had them built custom with DGS300, and I wanted them at D3 swingweight. I got the irons, played a few rounds, and they all of the sudden my swing with every club went to hell. Come to find out the irons were at D8 swingweight!! So, I called Titleist to let them know they totally screwed up a custom set of irons. They sent me a UPS call tag, and when the clubs got back to Titleist, I got a call from the tech who was actually doing the work. After having to take out the tip weights, and take down each club 1/4", which is fine, I am only 5'10", the clubs were at D3. They cleaned the irons as well since I sent them in after a super chunk divot filled round, and even sent the clubs back overnight shipping. Still in my bag this year, and will be for many years to come.

And just my two cents......why in the world would you try to buy a $275 shaft by just having a phone conversation. For the love of god, when are people going to realize that torque is just a number, no universal way to measure amongst all of the shaft vendors, and the only way to truly git fit is to get on a Trackman, Flightscope, etc. If you are going to slam Titleist because the guy who makes $12 an hour answering the customer service phones can't give you shaft suggestions you might want to rethink your equipment selection process.

I had to post. I love this site for many reasons and today was like icing on the cake. I was just absolutely taken aback earlier today by a PM from Titleist. I posted earlier in this thread about a bad fitting experience.

Titleist PM'd me and has asked for any further details I'd like to provide and to suggest a fitter for my next fitting. Someone was listening to little old me? I think that was just an incredible gesture on their part to make it known that they're truly listening...and to give me an ear to bend.

Proof that GolfWRX has become a force in the industry. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Now back to the 913 discussion...and yes, I'm that much more anxious to see it come to fruition now.
[/quote]

Titleist jerked me around 6 months ago and I made a bunch of noise about it on here. One of the mods has a buddy who is an exec at Titleist and he passed the thread on to them plus I let Titleist know the thread existed. Long story short they sent my clubs right out and I think they started paying attention to this site because they know how much influence it has.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name='NewGeneration' timestamp='1334634112' post='4735710']
What am I supposed to learn? Never post anything that I do that's good? How bout' I post about the nasty sand mark way on the toe of my lob wedge?
[/quote]

Sure. Because anything that you think is good, probably is but no one cares what anyone says on the internet.
You wanna shut these guys up? Be the best golfer at your school, win a bunch of AJGA events, get a scholarship to a D-1 school and turn pro as soon as you graduate. When they know who you are without you having to tell all about yourself, then my friend, you would be a winner.

[quote name='jdg2494' timestamp='1334965862' post='4760434']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

+1 on cust Svc , my vokeys where way off and they hooked me up. Not right on the custom order but they strived to fix it.

As for cust Svc telling you what's coming out next; I'm going to assume the golfwrx user is fairly educated; so everyone can understand that any company titleist, ford, hell even dunkin dougnuts would not want it's front line employees divulging said companies "go to Market strategy" for a new product line.

910 is a good product, moveable weights would be a nice adder

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

A deeper version of the D3, non black sole so it ages better, a ferrule that doesn't ride up the shaft, and keep the headcover with a sock but redesign the marshmellow looking top half, And name it Finalist 917

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='svs' timestamp='1334519073' post='4726660']
I just think that with all the competition and and new tech out there there's no way Titleist would not deliver a better driver.

It's a night and day difference with drivers now then back when the 905,907 drivers were out. (meaning more of a reason to put something great out) JMO.
Probably not leaps and bounds better, but better none the less.
And yes, I'll be pre ordering one too.
[/quote]

I think the powers at titleist wanted to try and at least address 'moi' when it was the hottest marketing term. High launch and low spin is obviously what took over - I think companies have realized they can both optimize cg and offer forgiveness. Comparing almost any newer driver to the 907 in terms of performance, it's obvious titleist was trying to stay close to its roots while at least acknowledging what the competition was doing ( even if it was more of a fad)...

[quote name='shanker128' timestamp='1335306551' post='4783044']
Only thing I'd really like to see is a move to flat black. I'd definitely be disappointed if they jumped on the white-head-bandwagon.
[/quote]

+1

Nike Covert Tour 9.5* Kuro Kage 60X
Nike Covert Tour 3 FW 15* Kura Kage 70X
Titleist 712U 2i w/ DG X100
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW w/ DG X100
Titleist SM 56* Callaway Forged Raw 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Honestly, the current 910 line is awesome. The only improvement/change that I can actually see Titleist making are introducing moveable weights. They won't change the paint scheme (they're too conservative), they won't reinvent their adjustable hosel system, and they won't introduce a line a forgiving fairway woods and hybrids. Expect to see some new shaft options, minor changes, and a hopefully the same hosel system that works.

[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1335322526' post='4784732']
Honestly, the current 910 line is awesome. The only improvement/change that I can actually see Titleist making are introducing moveable weights. They won't change the paint scheme (they're too conservative), they won't reinvent their adjustable hosel system, and they won't introduce a line a forgiving fairway woods and hybrids. Expect to see some new shaft options, minor changes, and a hopefully the same hosel system that works.
[/quote]

+1. I completely agree. Really do hope they use the same surefit system.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='yeezy' timestamp='1335329120' post='4785300']
913D4 under 445cc anyone with me?
[/quote]

Am I ever!

WITB:
Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei RAW AV White Proto 2.0 65TX
Titleist TSi3 14.25* - Tensei RAW AV White Proto 2.0 75TX
Hybrid TBD
Mizuno HMB 4&5i 1* weak - Nippon Modus 125X
Mizuno MB 6-PW - Nippon Modus 125X
Mizuno 50/07 T20 Raw - Nippon Modus 125X

Mizuno 54/12 & 58/08 - DG S400 Tour Issue

Bettinardi Tour Mallet

[/quote]

I'd love to see what a pear shaped head around 420 CC would be like.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='finalist' timestamp='1335367767' post='4787118']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Look at a 905S and pretend it's 5% bigger.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1335370123' post='4787394']
[quote name='finalist' timestamp='1335367767' post='4787118']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Look at a 905S and pretend it's 5% bigger.
[/quote]

Face palm to my own head... Thanks

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys

[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1334618268' post='4733910']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1334617618' post='4733836']
What did TM do with the R11 and R11s
[/quote]

Just strapped on some extra junk and made it sound better, sorta.

I'm game for flat black finish, just a stealth finish that holds up well. I like both 910 heads. I find the 910 D3 to help me when I'm hooking, as it keeps the spin lower, which keeps the dispersion a bit better. So I can't ask for more distance.

Keep it the same I think. Give me a more durable face/fit/finish and give it to me for another 2 years. I don't want weights to move around, or any of that crap.
[/quote]

+1 agreed, flat black, stay away from the movable transformer weights, and keep tip/hosel same....that's why I tthink ping did very well with I20, simplicity, and clean...love tthe satin/flat black

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

[quote name='MarltonPro' timestamp='1335408514' post='4791428']
YEEZY (I think u mentioned 440 or smaller...)

DEF With ya on that....Still play an R7 425 from time to time, and then TM went optimus prime lately...too much, but love they always wanna make more products to choose for every level, where titleist suits the more serious, except for hats...but love them:). D3 now
[/quote]

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

I'm more interested in the shaft offerings, made for Titleist like the ahina and kaililalila... RIP and PX. I hope they throw a real Matrix black tie

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Flat black would be cool. Just don't know how much they can improve on the 910s. Although it's the same with all the other manufacturers, they all just have slightly different feel and flight characteristics.

I think it really is all just marketing at this point and looks, but I've loved Titleist drivers since the 975d, and I'm an idiot, and I always talk myself into buying the latest about 7-8 months after release, once price has come down (slightly).

As long as surefit stays, I'll definitely get one, so I can just throw my current proforce in.

As an aside, I like how everyone always recommends getting fit for clubs on this site. While no doubt true, if you get a really good fitting, you shouldn't need another club for five or six years (or at least a couple product cycles depending on OEM) if that. What fun would that be?!

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters