Titleist 913 Range?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of hate hereblack%20eye.gif

We don't do "hate" on GolfWRX.

Let's focus on taking the high road here, folks.

What am I supposed to learn?

Don't over-post in a topic, for one -- it's against forum rules.

Cleaned up the mess. Please keep it on topic, thanks. :)

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='whcwhc' timestamp='1334457879' post='4723450']
will we be able to use 910 shaft on the new 913 line??
[/quote]

I actually called the titleist customer service line and waited on hold for like 20 minutes to ask this same question before throwing a 910 tip on my fuji tour spec 6.2........ the guy on the phone was pit bottom worthless and had no clue. he couldn't have been less interested in me and my fears of wasting 275 on yet another shaft.

what a skank.

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1334670105' post='4737102']
I have to respectfully disagree. The difference in the Ka'li stiff MF and real is huge.

But I hear ya on the rip and Px alternates (heavier at no up charge). Good stuff. Didn't know that. I do like a 70g RIP alpha stiff.
[/quote]
Okay, so the stiff MF and retail are different. So what? The point of retail shaft offerings is to provide a range of options for 90% of golfers. If you're part of the 10%, you should expect to need custom options. The same philosophy applies to clothing.

As for the shafts themselves, whether MF is identical to real is irrelevant, unless the real version is the ONLY shaft that fits you. There's this belief that MF is inherently inferior, when it fact it's better for the overhwleming majority of golfers, and if the MF Ka'li doesn't fit you that well, try another shaft. If you're really serious about your game, you shouldn't care what's painted on the shaft. You should blind test 10 different shafts and use whatever is best.

[quote name='alittlethinboss' timestamp='1334683018' post='4738440']
I actually called the titleist customer service line and waited on hold for like 20 minutes to ask this same question before throwing a 910 tip on my fuji tour spec 6.2........ the guy on the phone was pit bottom worthless and had no clue. he couldn't have been less interested in me and my fears of wasting 275 on yet another shaft.

what a skank.
[/quote]
The guy working at customer service has no idea what future product offerings are like. Zero.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='tbomb' timestamp='1334634194' post='4735724']
Today's lesson folk: People don't care if your 15, or 51, you have to be accountable for what flies out of your mouth, and realize that sometimes, saying nothing is the most mature thing you can do. Today's generation, aka, NEWgeneration, needs to learn respect, manners, etiquette, and plan old common sense. This coming from someone who's in their mid 20's...

Before anyone blasts anyone else, go read the goals for this website, yeah, the kid was being a donkey, but 150,000 people don't need to tell him. I think the mods should send him a little pm, saying watch the atitude, and let's move on.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I haven't played a Titleist driver for a whole season since the 975 JVS/983E (same year) and I really hope the 913 is a bomber with a super low spin head.
[/quote]

Amen!

And Amen to the Topic comment as well. I love Titleist for it's classic, no-nonsense looks but really hope they get away from the 'made for' stuff. If it's something else, just call it something else.

I've been fitted twice for 910s and the most recent one was kind of a let down in the service dept. He basically called me out for being a 10hcp and wondered why I was so obsessed with spin rates at 'that handicap'. Enough that it turned me off of Titleist for awhile. That said, the WRXer that I am keeps me looking at them.

The sound and feel of the 910s are just too sweet. Hope I pull the trigger on that i20 I've been looking at or I'm gonna have 2 drivers...again. By the way, shopping for my 5th driver this year...suggestions? :rolleyes:

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
19* TM SIM Max w/Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex '19 w/KBS Tour
Callaway MD5 54*
Callaway PM Grind '19 58*
Odyssey StrokeLab Ten S (Tour only NO sightline) 33"

[/quote]

what a skank.
[/quote]

I think you are confused as to the meaning of the word "skank", and of its proper usage.

[/quote]

what a skank.
[/quote]

What should he care, you didn't buy it from them?

Why should Lowes give a damn about what you bought from Home Depot?

I had to post. I love this site for many reasons and today was like icing on the cake. I was just absolutely taken aback earlier today by a PM from Titleist. I posted earlier in this thread about a bad fitting experience.

Titleist PM'd me and has asked for any further details I'd like to provide and to suggest a fitter for my next fitting. Someone was listening to little old me? I think that was just an incredible gesture on their part to make it known that they're truly listening...and to give me an ear to bend.

Proof that GolfWRX has become a force in the industry. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Thank you GolfWRX. Thank you Titleist.

Now back to the 913 discussion...and yes, I'm that much more anxious to see it come to fruition now.

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
Callaway MD5 54*

[quote name='lvmike' timestamp='1334707189' post='4740962']
I had to post. I love this site for many reasons and today was like icing on the cake. I was just absolutely taken aback earlier today by a PM from Titleist. I posted earlier in this thread about a bad fitting experience.

Titleist PM'd me and has asked for any further details I'd like to provide and to suggest a fitter for my next fitting. Someone was listening to little old me? I think that was just an incredible gesture on their part to make it known that they're truly listening...and to give me an ear to bend.

Proof that GolfWRX has become a force in the industry. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Now back to the 913 discussion...and yes, I'm that much more anxious to see it come to fruition now.
[/quote]

Titleist jerked me around 6 months ago and I made a bunch of noise about it on here. One of the mods has a buddy who is an exec at Titleist and he passed the thread on to them plus I let Titleist know the thread existed. Long story short they sent my clubs right out and I think they started paying attention to this site because they know how much influence it has.

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1334707371' post='4740982']

[/quote]

Titleist jerked me around 6 months ago and I made a bunch of noise about it on here. One of the mods has a buddy who is an exec at Titleist and he passed the thread on to them plus I let Titleist know the thread existed. Long story short they sent my clubs right out and I think they started paying attention to this site because they know how much influence it has.
[/quote]

Both of those are good to hear, maybe Fila has a Six Sigma program their putting them through.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Agreed, it's good to hear this kind of stuff. Regardless of the generation or the product, service is key. Service makes things taste better, smell better, and makes that smile bigger.

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
Callaway MD5 54*

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334676621' post='4737790']
[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1334675606' post='4737688']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1334671202' post='4737212']
i'm just waiting for the 713's so I can say I told you so to all the bastar$ds here who gave me crap lol :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Your's was a little different. You said that someone was already using the 713's...not that they were eventually coming out with them. HUGE difference.
[/quote]
The 713 irons wont be for at least a year or more.

DRRicks is correct!!!
[/quote]

I'm clearly joking at my own expense :russian_roulette:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334592986' post='4731522']
[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1334590640' post='4731232']
The new 913 will be white....With a chip in the head and one in the shaft, that will link to an app on your smartphone. It will tell you ballspeed, launch angle, spin and what club to hit next....LOL
Lets be realistic here....The performance and popularity of the 910 will mold the new line. Expect to see the same surefit adapter, small changes in adjustability, "more tunability", couple of new shaft offerings, matte black finish and new graphics on the bottom...I can also see a d1, (game improvement 460) and d2 (445 head)....Other than that, probably a shift in weight towards the front to increase ballspeed....

And who needs a swing coach...its the mental side that plagues everyone...
If a PGA pro books lessons at your course for 50-75 an hour, a shrink could bill 250 an hour and stay busy around the clock...
[/quote]
I don't think they will be trying to increase ball speeds unless they can maintain the same workability and forgiveness. I think Titleist is not all about distance with their drivers. They are determined to make clubs for "better players" and distance is not the most important thing.
[/quote]

As long as golf is played, distance (for a driver) will always be the most important thing!

(Straight distance.)

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

[quote name='gvogel' timestamp='1334758919' post='4744470']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334592986' post='4731522']
[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1334590640' post='4731232']
The new 913 will be white....With a chip in the head and one in the shaft, that will link to an app on your smartphone. It will tell you ballspeed, launch angle, spin and what club to hit next....LOL
Lets be realistic here....The performance and popularity of the 910 will mold the new line. Expect to see the same surefit adapter, small changes in adjustability, "more tunability", couple of new shaft offerings, matte black finish and new graphics on the bottom...I can also see a d1, (game improvement 460) and d2 (445 head)....Other than that, probably a shift in weight towards the front to increase ballspeed....

And who needs a swing coach...its the mental side that plagues everyone...
If a PGA pro books lessons at your course for 50-75 an hour, a shrink could bill 250 an hour and stay busy around the clock...
[/quote]
I don't think they will be trying to increase ball speeds unless they can maintain the same workability and forgiveness. I think Titleist is not all about distance with their drivers. They are determined to make clubs for "better players" and distance is not the most important thing.
[/quote]

As long as golf is played, distance (for a driver) will always be the most important thing!

(Straight distance.)

[/quote]

Well if thats the case, everyone should be hitting a r11s....Way longer than the 910...I think a lot of people play the 910 Because "its not white" and "its not TM"
I think it would be hillarious if Titleist came out with the 913 in White....Really would screw the pooch for a lot of peoples reasoning....LOL

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1334708017' post='4741032']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Both of those are good to hear, maybe Fila has a Six Sigma program their putting them through.
[/quote]
Six Sigma refers to the manufacturing process and (defect-free) yield. It has nothing to do with customer service.

716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1334768876' post='4745684']
Not true. Six sigma is used for many processes, including customer service.
[/quote]
From what I can tell, six sigma is used in service industries, but not for customer service itself in the context of this anecdote.

716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1334760141' post='4744604']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1334708017' post='4741032']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Six Sigma refers to the manufacturing process and (defect-free) yield. It has nothing to do with customer service.
[/quote]

Absolutely not correct. It has many applications.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm a certified black belt. Some of the case studies are based on customer service. You can put qualitative ratings on quality of service.

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1334777714' post='4746540']
[/quote]
From what I can tell, six sigma is used in service industries, but not for customer service itself in the context of this anecdote.
[/quote]

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

He means Six Sigma BB. Not Jackie Chan.

It's a wide net Six Sigma casts. It's a statistical process analysis methodology..

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1334784577' post='4747180']
I'm a certified black belt. Some of the case studies are based on customer service. You can put qualitative ratings on quality of service.

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1334777714' post='4746540']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[color="#FF0000"]Well if thats the case, everyone should be hitting a r11s....Way longer than the 910...I think a lot of people play the 910 Because "its not white" and "its not TM"
I think it would be hillarious if Titleist came out with the 913 in White....Really would screw the pooch for a lot of peoples reasoning....LOL[/color]

I don't know you, but suggest you may want to hit the 910 flush and reconsider. If the r11s is that much more, I really don't need it to play good golf. :beruo:

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

[quote name='moonshine' timestamp='1334808212' post='4749788']
[color="#FF0000"]Well if thats the case, everyone should be hitting a r11s....Way longer than the 910...I think a lot of people play the 910 Because "its not white" and "its not TM"
I think it would be hillarious if Titleist came out with the 913 in White....Really would screw the pooch for a lot of peoples reasoning....LOL[/color]

I don't know you, but suggest you may want to hit the 910 flush and reconsider. If the r11s is that much more, I really don't need it to play good golf. :beruo:
[/quote]
Even better, hit the Nike Vr pro limited. It's as long if not longer than both.

[quote name='csiachos' timestamp='1334840696' post='4751028']
[quote name='moonshine' timestamp='1334808212' post='4749788']

[/quote]
Even better, hit the Nike Vr pro limited. It's as long if not longer than both.
[/quote]

I have an original TM Burner that I'll let you hit.
It's pretty nice.

Well I figured I would chime in with the 5 things I hope this 913 series brings.

1. Titleist needs to move to moveable weights in the club head like TaylorMade and Callaway are doing. Moveable weight would allow the player to change shot shape without having to mess around with the loft of the golf club though which is one of my major gripes with the 910.

2. Make the custom shaft offerings more reasonable. I would rather Titleist follow Adams lead and charge me 500 for a club with a authentic fubuki than a made for version of a shaft. Cutting costs on the shaft is a pain in the a** for any player who wants something a little nicer than a made for. Just offer clubs with made for shafts and more expensive options with authentic shafts but don't charge me 800 bucks for a driver.
(this will never happen but its worth noting)

3. Make a fairway wood that is forgiving. I understand titleist is a players brand but the current fairways are very unforgiving compared to others on the market IMO.

4. Finally come out with an adjustable hybrid that isn't awful. IMO they would be the first company to actually do this.

5. Change the name. 913 sounds horrible and looks horrible. With all the changes being considered with the new stuff they should consider changing the name of the line too. Certainly, 913 is much better then rocketballz but something other than a random number ending with 13 would be nice.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

[quote name='Tony_Ireland' timestamp='1334427311' post='4721262']
I see Brendan Steele just tweeted there, [i]"Starting to get really excited about the new 913 gear,cant wait to get it in the bag!"[/i]
[i]
[/i]
Anyone got any info or pics/links to what we could be looking at and when? Sounds like it could be sooner than we thought :D

EDIT: He just replied to me saying no pics yet, said he'l let me know when he gets them, should i be expecting a phone call? hahaha
[/quote]

What is the 913 is it a new line of drivers or fairway woods or hybrids or all 3 of them like the 910