Titleist 913 Range?

[quote name='ryancjordan' timestamp='1336686769' post='4891236']
As someone who absolutely loves the 910s, I would love to see:

-flat black top
-less crown chipping
-more shaft choices
-All adjustments done by collar so that the shaft and grip can be permanently aligned one way.
-independent face angle/loft/lie adjustability. (right now I like some of the ways the club sets up, but wish I could change the face angle too)
-Make the hosel a bit thinner, it still looks a little fatter than I prefer
-Fix the alignment markings. I would prefer something more simple than what we have now, the line never really looks straight when the face does to me.
[/quote]

Flat black top would be nice, as for crown chipping maybe using a headcover would help or stop hitting it off the top, shaft choices??? Titleisthas the most shaft choices for any OEM out there the is 90+ options available and other off menu shafts available too.

As for adjustments the 910 lines does face angle and lie already. Loft is effective based on face angle and that will always be the case because you can't change the actual loft on a driver by bending it, the only way would be to file down the face or something.

Hosel thinner and lighter would be very very nice and a dual ring like the callawaytour authentic so the shaft stays the same way all the time would be great.

Alignment mark doesn't bother me as its been virtually the same since the 975 line.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rc1111' timestamp='1337475974' post='4943774']
I do wish the magnet covers were longer and extended into the bag. I understand that complain for some. The sock is not like other socks. It is just too tight to easily pull off and put back on. For some reason I don't like to put the butt of the club on my shoe or on the ground so I can hold the sock with both hands to slide it over the driver head. Maybe I just got a super tight sock, but it is a pain.

I got my 909 right when they came out and I use a carry stand type bag (the Titleist label on a Sun Mountain bag) but most of the time it is on the back of a golf cart or standing up at the range. My driver shaft shows no signs of wear so it must be a combination of the magnet cover and only certain bags.
[/quote]

The shaft damage I have had and have seen is more the fault of Sun Mountain bags. The liner material they use is just rough enough to wear the paint off the shaft if the head covers don't protect.

One problem I did have with the several 909 head covers I owned was the magnets would eventually fall out of alignment (there are three on each side) and the cover would barely stay on. Once the magnets start sliding around they won't align properly.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Petho' timestamp='1337488664' post='4944694']
905r head cover was the best
[/quote]

That, sir, is a fact.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

[quote name='kakashi54' timestamp='1337586534' post='4949478']
I think the 910 headcover is the best looking out only old men like my dad cant get it off.

[quote name='rc1111' timestamp='1337401917' post='4941146']
Worst thing about the 910 D3 (hope you are reading this Titleist) is the head cover. That thing is tough to put on. I like the 909 D3 better and the simple, magnetized open and shut head cover is completely superior. Take a hint Titleist. Do something better for your 912 or 913 head cover. When I game the 910, I use a different head cover unless I forget it. I would rather put a competitor's head cover on my 910 than Titleist's. The second worst thing is the tinny feeling face. You may think the springy sounding face is giving you a bit more distance but I much prefer the feel and distance of a more dense feeling head. I have high hopes for the 912 or 913.
[/quote]
[/quote]

+1

Are people here serious?!?! Too "tough to put on"? It's a driver head cover for Pete's sake. You take it off & put it back on 14 or less time a round. I can make a video of my wife taking off & putting my 910D2 head cover, if needed :)

It's there to protect the head & shaft. therefore, I prefer sock covers over magnets any day of the week.

I'm wondering how they will try to improve on the stock shaft options? Right now, their offerings are superb with the 'ahina being a monster. I played with reps (both pretty good players) from Titleist and FJ this week and they both played stock shafts in their D2s. That tells me something since they have access to almost anything they want.

[quote name='JM24' timestamp='1337789585' post='4964802']
I'm wondering how they will try to improve on the stock shaft options? Right now, their offerings are superb with the 'ahina being a monster. I played with reps (both pretty good players) from Titleist and FJ this week and they both played stock shafts in their D2s. That tells me something since they have access to almost anything they want.
[/quote]

Personally it tells me the shaft fits them and they are being good reps... selling the product they have. It's only a beast if you have mechanics and it fits.

I also highly doubt Titleist is going to offer any shafts that are wildly different than what they currently offer. Why would they jack up the price or loose money?

I just don't think they have the financial option to improve the shafts. Titleist will probably only make lateral moves.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='amrivew' timestamp='1337402827' post='4941176']
913? Half the Titleist staff on your are still playing 909's, then again, maybe that's why they need the 913...
[/quote]

[quote name='Petho' timestamp='1337488664' post='4944694']
905r head cover was the best
[/quote]

905R is still in the bag. Just lookin to see what the take is on the newer gear. The 905 had the best head cover IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this? Still on track for player testing at the US Open?

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters

I'm starting to get really excited about this driver although man is it going to be hard to top my 910 D3, love this driver like family! Give me basically the same driver with a hair more pop and I'm sold...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='rianco' timestamp='1338752347' post='5022744']
[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1338750536' post='5022576']
I'm starting to get really excited about this driver although man is it going to be hard to top my 910 D3, love this driver like family! Give me basically the same driver with a hair more pop and I'm sold...BB
[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

Titliest has always held ball speed lower on the priority list. They have always focused on feel, workability, forgiveness, etc.... In their eyes players that use their drivers normally are not looking for the longest heads or don't need the increased distance. I agree that a hotter/ less spin 910 would be ideal.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1338758311' post='5023304']
[quote name='rianco' timestamp='1338752347' post='5022744']
[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

Titliest has always held ball speed lower on the priority list. They have always focused on feel, workability, forgiveness, etc.... In their eyes players that use their drivers normally are not looking for the longest heads or don't need the increased distance. I agree that a hotter/ less spin 910 would be ideal.
[/quote]

Didn't Cobra help design the 910 line of woods? Isn't Cobra known for their 9 hot points face?

I think in this age of golf, every company is trying to reach a consistent but durable .830 face. Titleist is no different. I think Titleist pays more attention to sound and feel of their woods than many companies but to say they don't care about distance is just not fair to their brand.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Agree but I don't find the 910 short at all

[/quote]

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='noodle3872' timestamp='1338760873' post='5023838']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1338758311' post='5023304']

[/quote]

Didn't Cobra help design the 910 line of woods? Isn't Cobra known for their 9 hot points face?

I think in this age of golf, every company is trying to reach a consistent but durable .830 face. Titleist is no different. I think Titleist pays more attention to sound and feel of their woods than many companies but to say they don't care about distance is just not fair to their brand.
[/quote]

Who said that they don't care? Obviously distance is vital and obviously they care. Don't shoot the messenger, they told me this.

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.....

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1338790937' post='5026570']
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.....
[/quote]

Cant wait to see the 913d2

[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1338815278' post='5027130']
I think the battleship grey color for the 913 crown is going to look good. It looks just like the 975 D in my opinion. I always liked that color on the Titleist drivers and I'm glad to see they are going back to it for the 913.
[/quote]

how o you know that???

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

[quote name='scott_Donald' timestamp='1338818429' post='5027348']
I think the battleship grey color for the 913 crown is going to look good. It looks just like the 975 D in my opinion. I always liked that color on the Titleist drivers and I'm glad to see they are going back to it for the 913.
[/quote]

how o you know that???
[/quote]
+1????

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5 Fubuki ZT X
Titleist 906f4 15.5 UST Tour Black X
Titleist 906f4 18.5 UST Tour Black X
Callaway Apex Pro 4-P Modus 130
Vokey SM5 50/54/58 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Golo S5
WITB Link

[quote name='scott_Donald' timestamp='1338818429' post='5027348']
[/quote]

how o you know that???
[/quote]

I don't think this information is a new revelation for the 913. I heard from a Titleist employee this weekend that in fact the crown is going to be grey. I'm sure those in "the know" have known about this for a while. By the time stuff like this hits Golf WRX, it's usually old news for the "in crowd".

i'll bet the 913 will not be white or matte black lol it will be much like the 910 reshaped for better aerodynamics for faster ball speeds LOL Isn't that what all the OEM's say when a driver comes out lol. In all seriousness hopefully it's shaped like the 905 with more forgiveness. Cant stand the new shape.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1338820443' post='5027504']
i'll bet the 913 will not be white or matte black lol it will be much like the 910 reshaped for better aerodynamics for faster ball speeds LOL Isn't that what all the OEM's say when a driver comes out lol. In all seriousness hopefully it's shaped like the 905 with more forgiveness. Cant stand the new shape.
[/quote]

Good point. We could probably write the sales brochure right now...

We'll read words like, "better player", "tour proven", "more forgiving", "longer", "acoustically engineered", "dialed in with Sure Fit®", "high performance", "pear shaped", Mid launch/low spin".... blah blah blah... same old story in a different looking sole design, but I'm sure it will be nice.

Here's what's coming (taken from the 910 and I added the red text)...

"Titleist[sup]®[/sup] 91[color=#ff0000]3[/color] Drivers deliver total performance with improvements in flight, fit, looks, feel and sound. The 445cc Titleist 91[color=#ff0000]3[/color]D3 driver delivers longer distance through a technologically advanced head design with a responsive, fast face insert. The patented, innovative, [color=#ff0000]second generation[/color], SureFit™ Tour, dual-angle hosel provides precise, independent loft and lie adjustments to fine tune ball flight for more accuracy and control[color=#ff0000] and allows for shaft graphics to look pretty[/color]. High performance weighting increases stability and creates a low and deep CG for medium launch with mid/low spin."

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys