Things I've hit at the course (and I dont mean fairways and greens)

[quote name='mcputter' timestamp='1347647399' post='5640239']
Can't believe nobody has said they've hit the cart girl yet.
[/quote]

You shouldn't hit women dude, not cool.

But I'd totally make a sex with the cart girl of that's what you mean.

Cobra King F6+, Matrix Black Tie 65M4
Callaway X Utility Prototype 21*, Project X PXI 6.0
Adams XTD 3-PW, KBS C Taper 90
Scratch 8620 D/S 50*, 56*, 60*, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold S300
Bettinardi SS15
Srixon Q Star Tour

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played on a corporate day last Friday as a sponsor. I proudly led my team down the first hole having hit the perfect approach to just short of the lake that divides the first hole. I have a smooth seven iron to an uphill green. I take a full swing and top my ball straight towards the water. As I look up the ball hits a duck and kills it, stone dead! Fortunately the ducks untimely death stops my ball from going into the lake. I hit nine iron to five feet and holed out for par. We all stood by the lake and had a minutes silence for the duck.

On a short par 3 I shank the ball into a wooded area to the right but still had an eye on it. I go to knock it out onto the green and thin the crap out of the ball and it's screaming about 10ft above and over the green into more woods and lucky for me rocks. The ball hits the face of the lonely rock and bounces straight back and down the slope of the green to about 4ft of the pin. Then I miss the par putt low for bogey.

At Herndon, I hit a bird in mid-flight off the third tee. At Jefferson, I've hit power lines on numerous occasions hitting from the second and third tees.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

Not me, but my friend hit a grill on a deck. Labor Day 2012. The family was a good sport and when he went to get his ball, they said "Uh...the fairway's over there."

Taylormade M6 9*
Taylormade RBZ Tour 15*
Ping G410 Driving 2 iron
Adams A7 5-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 2  52/56/60
Odyssey Versa #7

My wife after she said I told you that your weren't that good and laughed at me. She didn't laugh very long I tell you that.

I have hit golf charts playing partners bag (the ball actually went into his bag, Roofs of homes and did I say my wife for making jokes.

The wife part is a joke or is it?

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='CARDY' timestamp='1347641936' post='5639765']
My twin hit a horse that was 60 or yards right off the right side of a hole and across the road. It had to be a 100 yard block. The horse snorted and whinnied and started charging around

We still joke about it almost 6 yrs later

To this day we hammer him on the tee in our practice rounds for the big scramble. We are all making horse noises and screaming .. don't hit poor Dusty again

I've hit power lines, stakes, carts, bags, houses, etc but never dinged the wildlife
[/quote]

Sorry, but while a few of these had me smiling, this one made me bust out laughing.

I hit the same house 3x in a row once..... worst thing was that it was stucco. One ball didn't come back at all. That thing must've had at least 100 craters in the side facing the course.

Hmmm...

Most interesting one is that I hit a bear once while it was crossing a green. About 140 out, downhill 9i right into the right, rear haunch. Man, those things are pissy.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='dirt nasty' timestamp='1347647591' post='5640257']
Was playing out of a fairway bunker on a par five. Picked a 5 iron clean and struck a passing dove killing it instantly. My ball found a hazard. I didn't know what happened until I walked further up and saw feathers all floating in the air. Bird dead in the fairway. RIP birdy.
[/quote]

This is really a great shot. Normally I use #8 shot for Dove but I got this on 1 Pv1. That's like shooting a flying duck with a rifle folks.

My hard to believe shot was a drive dead center that carried 240 yards and landed on the 150 yard plate (we have big brass plates at our course) must of bounced 50 yards as took another huge bounce when it landed at what we thought was the 100 yard plate (hard to say for sure as it was 300 yards away) ran out to 20 yards short of the green. I made par off a drive that should have went 265yards but ended up going 370.

Funnier one was my BIL I went golfing once, he is not a great player and as luck would have it we had the last tee time before the first day of a major 3 day tournament. When we teed off there was 70 guys waiting around the first tee getting a briefing. They had to stop when we went to tee off, so we had 140 eyes on us. I smoothed a great drive down the middle and got a few 'nice drives'. My BIL on the other hand was super nervous and was almost shaking. Result was a shank OB. Second shot he was even more nervous, result was a ?top? that went over his head and headed for the club house patio. 70 guys yell [b]'FORE!'[/b] and it lands in pitcher of beer. it was way too funny.

I once hit a bird in flight. The hole is a drivable par 4 dogleg, but if you want drive to drive the green it's all carry over a lake. My ball ended up wet, and the bird recovered well enough to keep flying.

The funniest I have witnessed was at a business scramble, playing with coworkers. Our worst player (but great guy) pulls a drive 60 yards left and hits a small yard barn. We go over to it, and the barn has plastic siding with numerous ball-sized holes in it. Looked like the holes in a shooting target. Or maybe a stop sign in the country.

I hit a tree branch...

...with the crown of my head walking between 13 green and 14 tee box. Had just made a bad bogey and was giving myself a pep talk with my head down and a visor on when, boom! Went down like a sniper got me. 'Stick' marks on my visor, neck tweaked, head aching. Partners had quite a laugh.

TM M1 430 9* / Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
Adams SuperLS 15* / Kuro Kage 70g S
Adams Idea Pro a12 20* / RIP VS Proto 80
Mizuno MP60 / TTDG S300
Vokey SM6 52*, Mizuno 56*, Vokey SM5 60*
Odyssey Milled Collection #9

[quote name='2putttom' timestamp='1347643044' post='5639845']
I hit a worm burner with my three wood and took out a robin. Three weeks later while playing a course in N. Cali. a skate boarder was coming down the cart path towards my group. I took aim and luanched one ,nailed him in the chest. ( ran into the woods after that)
[/quote]

Yeah, right.

If so, you're
a.) a sociopath
b.) not nearly as tough as you think you are
c.) likely to find out about b.) the hard way

TM M1 430 9* / Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
Adams SuperLS 15* / Kuro Kage 70g S
Adams Idea Pro a12 20* / RIP VS Proto 80
Mizuno MP60 / TTDG S300
Vokey SM6 52*, Mizuno 56*, Vokey SM5 60*
Odyssey Milled Collection #9

I personally have never hit anything crazy, maybe a house or two. However, I witnessed my best friend try to escape some trees with a 7 iron. Well, he skulled it square into a tree about 10 yards in front of him, the ball came screaming back and caught him square in the nuts!! He dropped like he'd been shot. I almost pissed myself I laughed so hard.

At a local par three I have hit overhead wires multiple times on two separate holes.

I have hit my own push cart with the shaft of my hybrid with a practice swing, thought the cart was far enough away. Hit part of the handle and left a big dent. The shaft is fine two years later. I think my first post on here was about that incident.

A few weeks ago at a mountain course I watch my lefty buddy line up along the left side of the tee box and hit a nice drive. Thinking I want to hit the same shot as him I put my ball in the same place, line up and swing for the fences. I hit a great drive but on my follow through I nailed my driver head into a spruce tree that was overhanging the tee box. I completely spaced on the fact that he was swinging away from the trees and I would be swinging right into them! Left some good scratches.

About five years ago I was playing in a foursome from work. I topped my drive and was short of everybody by about 200 yards. I grab some clubs and tell my partner I will meet him at his ball. I top my second shot and now everybody is down range from me, thinking I must be near the green. When I get to my second shot, everybody is on the green with their backs to me. The wind is howling, they can't hear me, or see me and never bother to look around for me. I line up thinking there is no way I can reach the green with the wind blowing three clubs into my face but I hit it perfect, dead at the pin...and my partner's back. I smacked him right in the middle of his back and the ball bounced back, off the green into a 6 foot deep pot hole bunker. Luckily it didn't hit him very hard. It was such a stupid thing to do but it was my first year golfing and I never thought it would happen, now I know better.

I have been playing since I was 7 and 41 now so lots of time to hit alot of things.

-- Powerlines running across a par 5 hole on a course used to play alot in NJ. Hit multiple times amazingly seems they were perfectly placed to catch shots into the green.
-- Geese twice off the tee. One I hit on a long drive like 280 out. That one just bounced off and he walked away. Other one was on a skulled driver like 50 yards in front of the tee. That guy was not so lucky.
-- Put one in to a cart. Amazingly did not hit the people. Had a group in front of us playing so. They finished up on the green and went to cart and started to drive away. I was tired of waiting for them so was ready to go as soon as I saw the cart move. Head down and swing away, never saw them stop and back up to grab a club left at the green. My shot airmailed the green and bounced right off the passengers cup holder and went right back between the guys out the back of the cart(thank God). Plus was they picked up the pace for the remainder of the round.
-- Ball washer at front tees when playing from the blues. Came back like a bullet at my dad. Luckily he saw and dove out of the way. His reaction was funny as hell ended up sprawled out on the tee box.
-- Pontoon boat in a lake alongside a par 5. Hole was a dogleg left. With a good tee shot you could try and hit it int two by cutting th dogleg and going right over the water at the green. I bomb a tee shot, have only 220 in. Pull 5 wood which I proceed to hook about 50 yards left of the green into the lake where it hit a pontoon boat in the side. Scared the crap out of those people.
-- 150 markers a couple of time.
-- Houses couple of times alongside holes.
-- Small 9 hole course in town I grew up in had opening par 5 along a fairly busy town road. Hooked one over fence into to road into a car. Car owner stopped but was cool. Cracked the grill a little but car was old so they let it go.

Jeff

Buddy of mine is affectionately known as Whomp. Which is the approximation of the sound a ball makes when hitting the little plastic trash can attached to the ball washer....which he hit two of in one round.

I hit a buck with a drive on a long down hill par 4. He was out following some does around and I teed off, and he was so busy. Hashing tail he walked right into the path and it hit him right on top of the shoulder and shot straight up. Didn't seem to bother him, just kept the chase on.

Another buddy hit a stone cold shank off an old tractor that is decoration on a course, bounced off and landed on the green.

By far the funniest was a buddy who just started playing hitting three wood into a par 5, hits a beautiful shot which would have been his first under GIR on a par 5 when it lands directly on top of a ground hog that decided to take a stroll across the green. I bust out laughing, and it takes me a few minutes to hit my next shot. When we get to the green, another buddy who had been waiting near te green asks if we are laughing at the goose. Apparently after the ball the first guy hit, ricocheted off the ground hog it landed by a goose who picked it up, shook it rag doll style and tossed it into the creek. The look on the guys face was priceless. I laughed so hard I had to pick up my ball and move to the next hole.

Was assuming the cart girl....and not with a golf ball....

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I remember playing with my dad at our club course at the air base he was stationed at. Both of these happened on the first hole a few weeks apart. First week he tees off from the whites and nails the forward marker which was triangle shaped. The ball launches into the air and lands on the roof of the clubhouse and then rolls off and lands on the patio of the clubhouse. Good thing it was an early morning tee time and no one was sitting there. The next week same hole, he tees off a great drive and as it hits the ground we see what we thought was a cloud of dust. Turns out he nailed a gopher and killed it right there. This happened a few years after Caddy Shack came out, so we all thought it was funny.

[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1347647735' post='5640269']
I hit a worm burner with my three wood and took out a robin. Three weeks later while playing a course in N. Cali. a skate boarder was coming down the cart path towards my group. I took aim and luanched one ,nailed him in the chest. ( ran into the woods after that)
[/quote]

Wait, you hit at him on purpose? If so, you are an idiot.
[/quote] For what the robin or the skateboarder on the private course?

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

At an annual golf tourney a few years ago, one of our guys hit a bird off the tee and took its head right off, was pretty awful to see. He hit his driver, we watched the ball and suddenly an explosion of feathers. Bird dropped right in the fairway :stink:

A friend of mine who has trouble getting off the tee hit a drive once, 6 inches off the ground, and it hit the ladies tee marker in front of us. The markers are painted logs, the ball bounced right back at us and ended up about 50 yards behind us.

Several years ago, I hit a drive off a par 4. It went a long way, but hit the cart path, shot way forward into the air and hit the cart girl's cart. She was parked about 50-60 yards from the green waiting for us. The ball bounced off the cart and landed just off the green. I remember that bogey well.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

About a 17 year old kid, with a low bullet pull hook. Hit him right in the chest on a fly and he dropped like a sack of bricks. We literally thought he was done-for. I drove over to see if he was okay or if I could do anything and his mom said - and I quote "well you yelled FOUR, I don't know what hell he was doing just standing there! He will learn!" The kid was fine and a had nice big welt and a cheezy look on his face - I felt pretty bad, but his mom gave us all a chuckle. Scary stuff.

[/quote]
haha what course in N.Cali was that

[quote name='SnapFade2' timestamp='1347896857' post='5651447']
[/quote]
haha what course in N.Cali was that
[/quote]On the other side of the mountain from you, Silvarado. I know the ol' grain silo # 3 at Windsor! I play there two, three times a year when Im visiting.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"