2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos Γ—

'13 Callaway X Forged Iron Pics (updated 2/2/13 w/ more Pics)

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1357357220' post='6171149']
[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1357350230' post='6170529']
As for workability ; these more like AP2 or cb 712?
[/quote]

I'd say right in btw the two.
[/quote]

Very interesting. Thanks for the feedback

OverhaulΒ 

DriverΒ TestingΒ 

3wΒ Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g XΒ Β 

TitleistΒ MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist SpecΒ 

Vokey - TestingΒ 

Putter Β OPENΒ Β 

[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1357341018' post='6169747']
Got to hit these today and was really pleasantly surprised how compact they were from heel to toe.....beautiful head shape. Seemed pretty easy to hit too....will need to try these a little more....also tried the razr fit extreme 4 wood. Hot and no spin. [b]Could be real good but the Trinity shaft seemed like a noodle to me.[/b]
[/quote]

I know exactly what you're talking about. When we were trying these things out, I thought it felt really soft as well. I was incredibly surprised how well it held up through the swing though. When you would waggle it, you could feel it move too, but swinging...I never felt like I lost control of it at all.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15*Β UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5Β MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PWΒ MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1357345672' post='6170103']
[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1354729374' post='6022701']
Not sure if we've posted this yet. But here are the specs for the XForged. You'll notice there's no A-wedge in the set right now. Initially the thinking there was we have a new wedge coming that would be the wedge for this set and most Tour players don't match the 50 deg wedge to the set. But we're also working to possibly get an A-wedge into this set. No dates on that one yet.

PW: 46 degree, 35.5 inches. All subsequent lengths are half inch longer.
9: 42
8: 38
7: 34
6: 30
5: 27
4: 24
3: 21

D2 swingweight.
Yes in lefty.

Stock shafts are PXi 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5
[/quote]

Nice looking heads. I'd like to see bounce and offset and will other shaft options be available, such as standard PX or Flighted?
[/quote]

Pepper...I have two posts one with bounce and one with offset on page 21 this thread.

Callaway Mavrik SZΒ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway MavrikΒ SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik ProΒ Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 andΒ  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='dirthead' timestamp='1357350915' post='6170591']
I've had a set of the 2013 X Forged irons for about a week, and previously played Callaway X Prototypes. I've posted pics comparing the heads at address for the 3 iron, 7 iron, and pitching wedge. There is very little noticeable difference in the top line or head size. The MB's are probably just slightly more compact, but it's really not by much. Take a look.

Irons on the right are X Forged, left are X Prototype.
3-irons

7-irons

Pitching wedges

[/quote]

Thanks heaps for the comparisons! Really do look like great irons!

BB Alpha AD-DI 6S
X2 Hot 3 Deep AD-DI 6S
BB 18* Motore Speeder VC7.3 Tour S
Apex 4-PW XP95 Stiff
Odyssey ProType #2
Mack Daddy II 52* S; 58* C
WITB Link

I've had a set of the 2013 X Forged irons for about a week, and previously played Callaway X Prototypes. I've posted pics comparing the heads at address for the 3 iron, 7 iron, and pitching wedge. There is very little noticeable difference in the top line or head size. The MB's are probably just slightly more compact, but it's really not by much. Take a look.

Β 

img0550dh.jpg

Β 

3-irons

img0551hx.jpg

Β 

7-irons

img0552wy.jpg

Β 

Pitching wedges

img0553rt.jpg

Β 

Great photos , thanks for taking the time to post. What shaft did u go with?

Β 

I went with the stock Project x Pxi 6.0. My protos had project x flighted 6.0's, and I really wanted to try the pxi shafts, and they are going to take a bit to get used to. Feel is great with the clubs. The protos have a super soft "clicky" feel, like older Mizunos. Actually, I've had several sets of Mizunos and the protos feel better than any of them. The X Forged irons don't have quite the same feel, but are a little more forgiving. Don't get me wrong, they feel REALLY good. I've only had one round and two range sessions with them so far, so I'm still adjusting. Looking down at the clubs from address, you really can't tell the difference.

Β 

I am the exact same and am waiting for mine. How did you find the weight difference? Do you think the PXI shaft is similar in flex to the px flighted?

Β 

img0550dh.jpg

Β 

3-irons

img0551hx.jpg

Β 

7-irons

img0552wy.jpg

Β 

Pitching wedges

img0553rt.jpg

Β 

Great photos , thanks for taking the time to post. What shaft did u go with?

Β 

I went with the stock Project x Pxi 6.0. My protos had project x flighted 6.0's, and I really wanted to try the pxi shafts, and they are going to take a bit to get used to. Feel is great with the clubs. The protos have a super soft "clicky" feel, like older Mizunos. Actually, I've had several sets of Mizunos and the protos feel better than any of them. The X Forged irons don't have quite the same feel, but are a little more forgiving. Don't get me wrong, they feel REALLY good. I've only had one round and two range sessions with them so far, so I'm still adjusting. Looking down at the clubs from address, you really can't tell the difference.

Β 

I am the exact same and am waiting for mine. How did you find the weight difference? Do you think the PXI shaft is similar in flex to the px flighted?

Β 

The weight difference really isn't noticeable, at least not by me. Stiffness feels identical. The px flighted have a more crisp feel at impact, where the pxi feels a bit muted to me in comparison. The X Forged irons are really nice and I think you will really like them. Excellent job by Callaway on these and the rest of their 2013 line.

Ping G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 Max 15 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 3 Hybrid Kai'Li White

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120

TaylorMade MG3 50, 56, 60

[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1357365510' post='6171789']
Not sure if we've posted this yet. But here are the specs for the XForged. You'll notice there's no A-wedge in the set right now. Initially the thinking there was we have a new wedge coming that would be the wedge for this set and most Tour players don't match the 50 deg wedge to the set. But we're also working to possibly get an A-wedge into this set. No dates on that one yet.

D2 swingweight.
Yes in lefty.

[/quote]

Nice looking heads. I'd like to see bounce and offset and will other shaft options be available, such as standard PX or Flighted?
[/quote]

Pepper...I have two posts one with bounce and one with offset on page 21 this thread.
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing me... Those clips suggest there is a 2 iron in the set. Do you know if that is true?

• TSR2Β 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15Β° TourΒ AD-VF 74S
  • T200Β 17Β° 2iΒ Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9iΒ MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10Β F52.12,Β T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1xΒ orΒ AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1357398615' post='6172675']
[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1357365510' post='6171789']

D2 swingweight.
Yes in lefty.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for pointing me... Those clips suggest there is a 2 iron in the set. Do you know if that is true?
[/quote]

Yes a 2 iron is available on the shop callaway order page

Yeah. 2 iron is available and I did hit it when we were being fit...very solid...!! Got easy launch on it. Like my 5 wood, so no 2 iron...but I had to have the 3 iron...!

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 andΒ  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Thought I was going to secure a set of CB 712(numerous range testing) I know there isn't a lot if love on here for the cb's, but the dispersion is excellent for me(and in can work them) Howewver, if the xforged heads are compact like the cb's and produce better numbers, could be 1st cally back in the bag since I had a full set D,3,5 of steelhead woods w/steel shafts.

OverhaulΒ 

DriverΒ TestingΒ 

Vokey - TestingΒ 

Putter Β OPENΒ Β 

The X Forged are AMAZING. Soaring flight with really tight dispersion. Impact is powerful and smooth. Turf interaction is outstanding, and forgiveness is excellent for this type of head. One buddy plays Titleist blades and another buddy play AP2 712's. The short irons of the X Forged closely resemble the Titleist CB's, while the mid to long irons resemble the AP2 712's, but with a more beveled leading and trailing edge. The bounce on these clubs is outstanding. I'm PUMPED to have these in the bag.

Not that i play anything bc a pro plays it, or anyone should play anything without getting fit. You have woodland gaming these and if Phil bagged them, says a lot of the stick itself.

I'm stroked try these, got a special trip to Chicago lined up to try them, got to hit them several different times just like the cb's and see which fits me better.

Anyone know the cart shaft options cally will have to demo?

OverhaulΒ 

DriverΒ TestingΒ 

Vokey - TestingΒ 

Putter Β OPENΒ Β 

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1357421361' post='6174223']
Thought I was going to secure a set of CB 712(numerous range testing) I know there isn't a lot if love on here for the cb's, but the dispersion is excellent for me(and in can work them) Howewver, if the xforged heads are compact like the cb's and produce better numbers, could be 1st cally back in the bag since I had a full set D,3,5 of steelhead woods w/steel shafts.
[/quote]

I just compared the CB to the X Forged...X Forged is thinner sole, touch more compact..top line is too close to call, blade is a touch shorter on the X Forged than the CB also. FYI

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1357434119' post='6175267']
[/quote]

I just compared the CB to the X Forged...X Forged is thinner sole, touch more compact..top line is too close to call, blade is a touch shorter than the CB also. FYI
[/quote]

Thanks for that info boss

OverhaulΒ 

DriverΒ TestingΒ 

Vokey - TestingΒ 

Putter Β OPENΒ Β 

[/quote]

I just compared the CB to the X Forged...X Forged is thinner sole, touch more compact..top line is too close to call, blade is a touch shorter on the X Forged than the CB also. FYI
[/quote]

One piece endo forged correct?

OverhaulΒ 

DriverΒ TestingΒ 

Vokey - TestingΒ 

Putter Β OPENΒ Β 

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1357440932' post='6175799']
[/quote]

[/quote]

One piece endo forged correct?
[/quote]

Right you are!! We have a winner.

[quote name='pezcore' timestamp='1357497334' post='6178573']
I recall some of the participants are from the Chicago land area.... Who would like to go to TopGolf today and let me try these new sticks?

Cheers
[/quote]

Right you are good sir, I live in the outer burbs (Elgin/Hoffman Estates). Is there any good places to hit indoors besides Top Golf? I haven't been there before, but it seems like you're paying more for the "experience" and "games" than just hitting some golf balls. I have the X Hot Pros, not the X Forged, but I'd certainly be up for meeting up at some point in time. It is supposed to be like 50* this weekend...just sayin'.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15*Β UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5Β MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PWΒ MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1357438063' post='6175551']
Any comparisons to mp64?
[/quote]

J13 did that here:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/761435-callawrx-callaway-hosts-golfwrx-phil-visits-pg-18-lacosta-pics-pg-52-crazy-robo-recap-pg-73/page__st__2070#entry6163501

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105SΒ 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Swingie' timestamp='1357592343' post='6185219']
Saw them in person and they amazed me, they looked that good. Very well hidden cavity - meaning its a deeper more helpful cavity than it looks and will be much more forgiving than expected wit the way the perimter weights are set, absolutely a visually elegant playable achievement!
[/quote]

Awesome!! That's great. They really are a great iron and forgiving for their compact size. Such a joy to hit too. Really just a phenomenal iron with the PXi shaft.

Alright who want to buy my X Protos? J/K but I will have take a look at these. Again Dam Callaway!

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue β€œT” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXGΒ Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2 Β 50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2 Β 54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2 Β 58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag