2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Taylormade R1 Graphics

igolfchip

These might be some of the WORST looking drivers I have ever seen. I mean just terrible. I'm not a TaylorMade hater.. in fact I really liked the R11 Driver. But these are just awful. If they preform, then they preform. I suppose you can have it re painted. I will not be buying one.. 913 here I come.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AChapa8807' timestamp='1353606333' post='5966257']
Wife asked... "Did Taylormade make a compass?" As well as...... "Why would anyone want a compass on their driver?"

I too don't care for that as I don't play anything with graphics on the crown.
[/quote]

For more directional control off the tee!

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

what are you doing taylormade, I can understand white, but this, NOOOOOO!!!

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 85TX 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1353636346' post='5967801']
i wonder what would happen if everyone waited to hate on this club or love on this club until after they had it in their hands on a driving range. you never know, maybe this club has the best view at address ever....or maybe it is just hideous. we wont know until we hold it and hit it
[/quote]

Maybe the mods should delete all the posts that are in disagreement with you.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

The TMAG marketing department is definitely trying "too hard". But it's working for them because they've worked their way into the hearts of every 20 handicapper out there.

Oh well, I'm evidently not their target market with designs like this.

Adjustability is one thing. Tweaking to the point of madness is another. More is not always better. Give me clean, classic, simple.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1353637646' post='5967891']
i wonder what would happen if everyone waited to hate on this club or love on this club until after they had it in their hands on a driving range. you never know, maybe this club has the best view at address ever....or maybe it is just hideous. we wont know until we hold it and hit it
[/quote]

[/quote]

uh i never said anything about deleting posts and nothing about how i think im right anyone else is wrong. the only place this thread is going is hearing everyone say how much they dislike it. i just wish someone whos hit it could tell us about it. i dont know what to think. i want to like it but....it is what it is

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1353634794' post='5967707']
Is there such a thing as too much adjustability? This could drive an OCD golfer off his rocker. I am surprised at the graphics, but also the thought of a multi adapter for all lofts loses me a bit. I am sure if is great for saving on production costs, but it reminds me of the irons you used to see in the back of the golf magazine that you could adjust to any loft. I wonder if they just aren't trying too much?
[/quote]

+1 on this. I've been waiting to see if anyone else had this thought..... 360 different potential adjustments is what Hitchcock would call a MacGuffin.

[i][color=#000000][size=3]In [/size][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiction"]fiction[/url][color=#000000][size=3], a [/size][/color][b]MacGuffin[/b][color=#000000][size=3] (sometimes [/size][/color][b]McGuffin[/b][color=#000000][size=3] or [/size][/color][b]maguffin[/b][color=#000000][size=3]) is a [/size][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_device"]plot device[/url][color=#000000][size=3] in the form of some goal, desired object, or other motivator that the [/size][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protagonist"]protagonist[/url][color=#000000][size=3] (and sometimes the [/size][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antagonist"]antagonist[/url][color=#000000][size=3]) is willing to do and sacrifice almost anything to pursue, often with little or no[/size][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative"]narrative[/url][color=#000000][size=3] explanation as to why it is considered so desirable[/size][/color][/i]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No that wouldnt be fun.

I like the early bashfest that leads to a love fest. I have been thinking of the launches over the years that started like this. At times so bad the OEM would call us concerned. I got used to telling them not to worry. Sometime the best stuff gets killed on first looks.

Also we are gearheads and cant wait to form early our opinions. We love this stuff.

R

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1353637948' post='5967911']
[/quote]

[/quote]

uh i never said anything about deleting posts and nothing about how i think im right anyone else is wrong. the only place this thread is going is hearing everyone say how much they dislike it. i just wish someone whos hit it could tell us about it. i dont know what to think. i want to like it but....it is what it is
[/quote]
We tried all the new stuff, but unfortunately we can't talk about it yet.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I liked the R11 from day one, have played their drivers since the r500 tour, but this thing looks awful man. The RBZ is all right but I could seriously see this R1 as the driver that sets them back. With Nike releasing their big driver this year and TM going with a dud like this, the tide could turn. I say this as a HUGE TM fan.

I would love if that orange stripe proved to be a pumpkin pie scratch-n'-sniff.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1353638386' post='5967941']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1353637948' post='5967911']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
We tried all the new stuff, but unfortunately we can't talk about it yet.
[/quote]

o i know, patiently waiting.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

I like it. I agree with whoever posted that is the retro new wave look sweeping golf right now.

This is what marketing does. They see trends and also create them. This driver will outsell all the rest. My initial thought was how does it sound? What is it going to feel like when I thump the s*** out of a ball with it!!! If the hammer produced drives for me like I see jack do on tv I would have it in play.

Not going to lie and I'm sure I won't be the only one demoing this when it comes out.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE' timestamp='1353614418' post='5966697']
My son thinks the graphics are part of the plastic wrap and the driver head will be white as usual.
If you look at the bottom, it is clear there is a plastic covering on the crown.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing....hopefully.

By the way, just because I don't like this driver doesn't mean I'm no longer a TM fan. I appreciate TM taking time to give us this sneak peak today. Jeez boys, you could have at least made some kind of effort on the "sponsors" link you ask all to visit on the different pages lolz.

acerobserver indeed :) Happy Thanksgiving TMAG.

[quote name='1puttwoods' timestamp='1353639562' post='5968001']
[quote name='KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE' timestamp='1353614418' post='5966697']
My son thinks the graphics are part of the plastic wrap and the driver head will be white as usual.
If you look at the bottom, it is clear there is a plastic covering on the crown.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing....hopefully.
[/quote]

There are graphics on the crown. You can see where the plastic ends and the graphics continue on going in one of the pics.

[quote name='smackygolf' timestamp='1353606534' post='5966279']
[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1353602674' post='5966049']
This looks like the same R1 from the previous spyshots. So either we were lied to about the last one being a fake, or this one is also a fake. This looks legit.
[/quote]

Come on. You knew then you were being lied to. Like ALL forums that become beholden to the manufacturers,and lie to the members about it, this one will die. The need for, and abailabity of, new info will dictate where everyone lands. It happens in EVERY field. I hope the owners here understand it.
[/quote]

Amen Smacky, I posted a truth about those who get the benefits of the silence on the last 2013 Taylormade Drivers thread and it was shut down. Sad really, someone thinks they are adding value by the way they are handling spy photos, they are really limiting valueable consumer feedback for Taylormade. One read of this thread TM would be stupid not to change the paint scheme, unless of course they are as narcisistic as one humpty dumpty who had a great fall.

The only reason I became a member was Spy Photos, the reason I am not a paying member is because of the cloak of secrecy and repeated threads about insiders getting special treatment and amazing gifts.

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1353638041' post='5967927']
[/quote]

[/quote]

No that wouldnt be fun.

I like the early bashfest that leads to a love fest. I have been thinking of the launches over the years that started like this. At times so bad the OEM would call us concerned. I got used to telling them not to worry. Sometime the best stuff gets killed on first looks.

Also we are gearheads and cant wait to form early our opinions. We love this stuff.

R
[/quote]

Does it mean you are waiting for a TM call then? Because this is going bad right now. For the r11 forum, you said it 20 haters for 1 lover, but I checked and i think it was lower than that. For this one, I made a quick calculation and we are around 12 to 1 right now. And this is not over yet.

One note - the buzz of the single adjustable loft head has worn off a bit, so Taylormade is getting really no credit for that in this thread. Barely mentioned actually.

If this leaked before the Cobra and Nike heads this might have more positive feedback. Just an observation....

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

I am sure it will grow on me. I have been shocked by TM before and am still playing a full TM bag.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1353640963' post='5968069']
One note - the buzz of the single adjustable loft head has worn off a bit, so Taylormade is getting really no credit for that in this thread. Barely mentioned actually.

If this leaked before the Cobra and Nike heads this might have more positive feedback. Just an observation....
[/quote]

Nah, the sheer bad design of this club is garnering all the attention. Rightfully so. "Single adjustable loft" isn't a selling feature. It's unimportant to customers. Only important to TMAG for inventory control. I'm not interested in being able to set my driver from 8-12. There are no two days in a single year where I will change my loft by more than a degree. Likely not even that.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1353641644' post='5968103']
easyyy/hipcheck,

we need you both to setup a call with TM before they actually release this club for feedback purposes. As a TM fan I am truly appalled at the crown of this so called "flagship driver" for 2013. This may backfire on them real quick...
[/quote]

TMAG is in trouble if there # 1 ho doesn't like it.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1353641363' post='5968087']
[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1353640963' post='5968069']

[/quote]

Nah, the sheer bad design of this club is garnering all the attention. Rightfully so. "Single adjustable loft" isn't a selling feature. It's unimportant to customers. Only important to TMAG for inventory control. I'm not interested in being able to set my driver from 8-12. There are no two days in a single year where I will change my loft by more than a degree. Likely not even that.
[/quote]

Hackers will use the whole range. How many times do you see someone one popping up their driver and then say they need a lower loft? They will the decapitate a gopher and raise it back up.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1353641644' post='5968103']
easyyy/hipcheck,

we need you both to setup a call with TM before they actually release this club for feedback purposes. As a TM fan I am truly appalled at the crown of this so called "flagship driver" for 2013. This may backfire on them real quick...
[/quote]

Really? Just don't buy it. That's how you tell them you don't like it.

And I'm sure they will be fine in any case.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

[quote name='gingerbomber' timestamp='1353641813' post='5968113']
To all of you who don't like the graphics

Hope you don't like Adams hybrids either they came into the shop today ... Exact same thing $249 retail
[/quote]

Dang Ging, I was hoping neither Adams nor TM would think this was a good idea. People will play it for performance but will repaint them. I love my 425TP and the R11s has been a better performer, I just cannot see paying a ton of money for the club, upgraded shaft and then a paint job all for 10 yard gain. I put that in the too difficult bucket, I bet a lot feel that way.