Taylormade R1 Graphics

igolfchip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is official!

It failed the beer-goggle test too. Trust me, I put everything into it I could.

:bad:

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1353641363' post='5968087']
[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1353640963' post='5968069']
One note - the buzz of the single adjustable loft head has worn off a bit, so Taylormade is getting really no credit for that in this thread. Barely mentioned actually.

If this leaked before the Cobra and Nike heads this might have more positive feedback. Just an observation....
[/quote]

Nah, the sheer bad design of this club is garnering all the attention. Rightfully so. "Single adjustable loft" isn't a selling feature. It's unimportant to customers. Only important to TMAG for inventory control. I'm not interested in being able to set my driver from 8-12. There are no two days in a single year where I will change my loft by more than a degree. Likely not even that.
[/quote]
Umm its actually very helpful for golf shops to only have to carry different flexes and not different lofts.....it helps with my inventory not Taylor Made's. Also the reason the driver can be changed from an 8* to a 12* driver is for FITTING purposes not to change the loft because its windy.

One more thing.....why do you all seem to take it so hard if you don't like something.....if you don't like it don't buy in but there is no need to seem so pi$$ed off.

"Leaked" pics create massive talk for pennies on the dollar. Fantastic marketing TM. Once the product shows up on TV in the hands of pros it will be loved.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

I've never been a fan of the white drivers taylormade put out.

Loved the R9 after that I've never gamed a white driver. Have friends who love them but they all have a dingy brown tint to them after a while of play, but then again who knows if they take care of them.

I am very disappointed in these. That driver is fugly. I can get over graphics on the crown, that doesn't bother me, but THOSE GRAPHICS are fugly.

Funny thing is I remember the rocketballz thread where everyone there was bashing TM swearing they'd never game it, yet I bet 75% of those ppl bought one.

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1353653538' post='5968499']
It is official!

[/quote]

Thank you for that.

I was thinking the only funny comment I would see in this thread would be the guys who keep reiterating that regardless of our opinion, TM will do just fine selling these. Please someone say it again, I need to hear that one more time so I can sleep tonight. Of course they will, they have proven that over and over. That said, TM has lost a lot of dollars due to not providing an option for custom ordering thier clubs in black. Just bad business.

[quote name='scottcheek' timestamp='1353657049' post='5968555']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1353653538' post='5968499']
It is official!

[/quote]

Thank you for that, I was thinking the only funny comment I would see in this thread would be the guys who keep reiterating that regardless of our opinion, [b]TM will do just fine selling these.[/b] Of course they will, they have proven that over and over. That said, TM has lost a lot of dollars due to not providing an option for custom ordering thier clubs in black. Just bad business.
[/quote]

I agree actually. I can hardly say anything bad now, because they are giving me a set of RocketBladez Tour irons after all. I know that was their plan all along - to shut me up! Well fine...

Anyway, I can see that this must come off funky for those who feel that they have to game the latest and greatest from TM (I suspect gaming an older model driver is taboo in TM fanboy land), but I think once people hit the new sticks it will pass. We will get some rave review by a WRX member that will start pulling people towards the new JuggerBallz stick (or whatever it is called), and that will be that.

Hell, any driver is one ROBOPTI thread away from legend as it is. They should just hire the guy.

What were we talking about? I really did do the beer-gogglez test.

(Ha. See what I did at the end, there?)

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1353638041' post='5967927']

No that wouldnt be fun.

I like the early bashfest that leads to a love fest. I have been thinking of the launches over the years that started like this. At times so bad the OEM would call us concerned. [b]I got used to telling them not to worry. Sometime the best stuff gets killed on first looks.[/b]

Also we are gearheads and cant wait to form early our opinions. We love this stuff.

R
[/quote] well you better call them again and this time say they had better start worrying

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[quote name='1puttwoods' timestamp='1353654217' post='5968509']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1353641363' post='5968087']
[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1353640963' post='5968069']
One note - the buzz of the single adjustable loft head has worn off a bit, so Taylormade is getting really no credit for that in this thread. Barely mentioned actually.

If this leaked before the Cobra and Nike heads this might have more positive feedback. Just an observation....
[/quote]

Nah, the sheer bad design of this club is garnering all the attention. Rightfully so. "Single adjustable loft" isn't a selling feature. It's unimportant to customers. Only important to TMAG for inventory control. I'm not interested in being able to set my driver from 8-12. There are no two days in a single year where I will change my loft by more than a degree. Likely not even that.
[/quote]
Umm its actually very helpful for golf shops to only have to carry different flexes and not different lofts.....it helps with my inventory not Taylor Made's. Also the reason the driver can be changed from an 8* to a 12* driver is for FITTING purposes not to change the loft because its windy.

One more thing.....why do you all seem to take it so hard if you don't like something.....if you don't like it don't buy in but there is no need to seem so pi$$ed off.
[/quote]
+++1 Someone with some sense of sanity here!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='BirdKiller14' timestamp='1353651127' post='5968461']
Fail!!! I'm glad I just switched everything to titleist!!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah everything but your avatar.

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* Diamana S+
Bridgestone J40 4W 16* Project X 6.0
Bridgestone J40 3H 21* Project X 6.0
Mizuno MP 53 4-PW XP S300
Mizuno T4 52* and 58* S300
Odyssey ProType Black 2 ball

Crazy, looks like a detonator of some sort

R1-blog-31.jpg

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Pure speculation here, but we know this is a uni-loft offering.
This liberates space in the SKU list for other options than loft... We've seen it with Cobra which came out with a dozen color options for their uni-loft offering.
Coudl it be that, as white is a TM trademark, they ddn't go the color way, but got several graphics offering? After all those pictures are of only one head?
We could imagine that this is a 70's themed option, which would go along with a few others, and then a "pro/tour" version with no graphics at all?

[quote name='Grim' timestamp='1353656257' post='5968545']

Funny thing is I remember the rocketballz thread where everyone there was bashing TM swearing they'd never game it, yet I bet 75% of those ppl bought one.
[/quote]

I remember everyone bashing the Odyssey flip face, pretty sure no one anywhere in the world bought one.

I think companies should leak stuff a couple months ahead on sites like this, you'll know straight away if you have a hit or miss. Could've saved Callaway a heap of money buy not bothering to release the flip face.

In this case the graphics on the crown are a massive miss, just make it plain white, TM you've been told.

[quote name='reg1900' timestamp='1353669891' post='5968697'] [quote name='Grim' timestamp='1353656257' post='5968545'] Funny thing is I remember the rocketballz thread where everyone there was bashing TM swearing they'd never game it, yet I bet 75% of those ppl bought one. [/quote] I remember everyone bashing the Odyssey flip face, pretty sure no one anywhere in the world bought one. I think companies should leak stuff a couple months ahead on sites like this, you'll know straight away if you have a hit or miss. Could've saved Callaway a heap of money buy not bothering to release the flip face. In this case the graphics on the crown are a massive miss, just make it plain white, TM you've been told. [/quote]

As quoted many times already, R11 was bashed when it first appeared here, and same for RocketBallz. Yet R11 swept more than a third of the Driver market, and RBZ fairway is just short of half the fairway market.
I think it proves that testing the water on this forum is not a good solution. Would have R11 been such a success if it had been repainted black following the reactions on the forum? I wouldn't think so.

Regarding Flip Face, this is totally different. We are talking about a hyper-premium limited offering, where the people of this forum could have actually been the main target (missed we'll agree on that). Nothing to do with a mass market GI Driver!

[quote name='drpurpell' timestamp='1353673644' post='5968745']
Is this the club they landed Rory McIlroy with?
[/quote]

No club made Rory switch sponsors, let's not be silly.

And it's not Taylormade anyway unless we are all in for a surprise.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

I'm a little surprised that TMAG decided to take both of their club brands down the same graphics road. Why make the Adams and TM clubs look so similar? It doesn't seem like they are casting the broadest net but I'm not in marketing.

I will say this, when they test the waters they do it with a cannonball.

What's with the graphics on the crown? Way too busy IMO.

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

SOOOO Glad I bought my buddy's R11S V2 he couldn't hit.

That R1 is henious......Guess my Club purchase this year with be a set of Rbladez Tour.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

An open letter to TMAG,

Here's a list of the TM drivers I have owned...
R500 tour, 510, 540, 580, 580XD, R9, R9460, R11, R11S, RBZ. During this period I have played no other drivers except TaylorMade. I loved the R9 at first sight, I was beyond excited at the R11 and it's white head, loved it from day one.
With this in mind, if the best spin we can do this time is that everyone hates it at first, no that's not true. The TM bashers typically hate it at first and then hate it to this day. The TM junkies, like myself, typically defend it from day one and still love them. If I were TM I would be concerned that YOUR BIGGEST FANS here are the ones the most upset. This club looks like a driver from Adams Golf, not TM. I don't have a problem with head graphics or new exciting design, but this has none. Only a few pages in someone already called it that this loft thing was just a way for TM to reduced specific builds and make it easier on themselves. This wasn't a decision for the consumer, it's for the OEM.

Also, just stop the non sense of "Secret photos" and spy pictures. As if this one isn't obvious lolz. You want to do a "leak," fine come here and do a chat with everyone at Golfwrx and unveil it. It would be great for the website, it would be a great way to generate goodwill in the community, etc. Try respecting the community and interacting with them like adults, instead of all this clandestine nonsense designed to make people do your advertising for you.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1353677562' post='5968845']
This club looks like a driver from Adams Golf, not TM.
[/quote]

Out of interest what previous Adams drivers leads you to make this comparison?

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1353678714' post='5968883']
[/quote]

[/quote]

the new Speedline S has similar graphics on the crown. Big "Speedline" written on the head.

[quote name='Golfer_1993' timestamp='1353679030' post='5968887']
[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1353678714' post='5968883']
[/quote]

[/quote]

the new Speedline S has similar graphics on the crown. Big "Speedline" written on the head.
[/quote]

Did not have crown graphics prior to being acquired by TMAG.

I can just hear the ads for this one: (deep voice) "ONE DRIVER....will change the game forever! ONE DRIVER...."

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Fellas--remember this one thing. It HAD TO BE NOTICEABLE ON TV. With the amount of advertising that they are going to do on this, there is NO WAY they could allow a single person to think what the PGA Tour guys are playing is an R11 or an R11s. That is the reason. The same thing that gave them a leg up on the competition. TV.

[quote name='leontom16' timestamp='1353668265' post='5968673']
[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1353634199' post='5967677']
The thing on the bottom looks like a nipple.
[/quote]

You haven't seen a boob for a long time have you?
[/quote]

He meant a Janet Jackson nipple.

Like from the Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction".