Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1353780905' post='5973093']
[quote name='novakjrp1' timestamp='1353780175' post='5973069']
[quote name='smackygolf' timestamp='1353778687' post='5972993']
[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1353776665' post='5972869']
[quote name='smackygolf' timestamp='1353767311' post='5972367']
[quote name='reg1900' timestamp='1353748891' post='5971953']
[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1353717263' post='5970695']
8 to 12 degrees... nough said. they could hand draw a smiley face on the crown and people would line up for that kind of adjustment. it's like one club for life. i'm interested. i dont think it will be ready for pga merch show, which is a bummer, but rocketbladz tour model will, can't wait.
[/quote]

Wouldn't the COG be drastically different from when its set at 8* and 12*? It's certainly not going to give you as good a result as a non adjustable driver.

The clubs with the hottest faces are the RBZ and Callaway X Hot fairway woods, they aren't adjustable, nuff said
[/quote]

This is the thing not talked about enough. On a loft adjustable driver, only 1 loft will be ideal for CG placement. The 10.5 head IS NOT THE SAME as the 8.5 head on a glued version. This is great for shops and OEM's to handle inventory better, which in turn should lead to prices being more stable, but it is BAD for the consumer.
[/quote]didnt look at it that way. Good observation. But this just a new style of adjustment. Your theory should then apply to the RAZR FIT, 910, 913, R11 etc.
[/quote]

Especially the Nike and Cobra. An 8.5* head is mechanically different than a 10.5* head. Period. If it's just changing face angle to effectively change the loft (and not ACTUALLY changing the loft) it's not as big of a deal. But any of the R&D guys at any of the OEM's will tell you the same thing. They HATE the idea of one loft that can adjusted 4*. Once again, what the consumer wants doesn't automatically help the consumer.
[/quote]

That's definitely interesting. And what you are saying seems to make logical sense. It would definitely be interesting to know exactly how the CG changes as both loft and face angle change (for all adjustable clubs). I ask this mainly because different types of players require different CG placement in clubs, do they not? Wouldn't a high swing speed, high launch, high spin player prefer higher CG placement in a club? Whereas a low swing speed, low launch, low spin player prefer lower CG placement? It seems to me that optimal CG placement depends on the user, no?
[/quote]i think we neglected to mention that all these clubs have weights which can accommodate the changes in CG with loft change.
[/quote]

Good point. That's why I said it would be interesting to know how the CG changes for each loft/face angle setting. That way, if changeable weights was the solution to move the CG back around, you would know exactly how much weight change is needed.

^^^^^ Not going to quote all of that.......

All adjustable weight that is currently available at retail is pretty much just for show. Moving any mass smaller than 15-20 grams is going to create very negligible change in CG.

The larger concern for CG comes from the adjustability of Lie and Face Angle, think about how the intended CG of the golf club moves around when you start to effect the playing position of the club.

Adjusting loft will simply move the CG on a vertical axis, adding loft to the face would then create a lower CG, delofting would create a higher CG. I think most people would say those are good things.

Manipulating the FA and Lie in the way that some of these clubs allow you to is where you will find lots of goofy CG placements.

[quote name='Empros' timestamp='1353784607' post='5973249']
People really need how to 'quote' the thing they are replying to. These pages are just constant pyramids.
[/quote]

By all means, please explain… I would love to know how. I do not consider myself an idiot, but I haven’t been able to figure it out on my own.

[quote name='Bogey's Belly' timestamp='1353786377' post='5973309']
People really need how to 'quote' the thing they are replying to. These pages are just constant pyramids.
[/quote]

By all means, please explain… I would love to know how. I do not consider myself an idiot, but I haven’t been able to figure it out on my own.
[/quote]

hmm...gentlemen that brings me to my next point, dont smoke crack.

[quote name='dangolf' timestamp='1353786732' post='5973329']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or mess with Sasquatch.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1353766324' post='5972325']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1353739564' post='5971855']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1353737119' post='5971809']
[quote name='lukesmurf59' timestamp='1353733164' post='5971675']
I really wish they would just make good looking drivers. I hate these ugly things. The callaways with the different colors on the bottom are plenty. Why can't drivers look good too? I know it makes them money but goodness I would have a little more self respect. These look like all those ridiculous $2k civic hatchbacks that all the "gangstas" "trick out." Whatever happened to something beautiful that also performed? The performance should speak for the driver, not its gaudy looks. I think a little color can be fun but all the Taylormade ones just have a certain look about them that I don't like. They also perform no better than anything else (often worse) so I cannot justify purchasing their clubs. I've bought ugly clubs before but you can only make ugly clubs when the ugliness provides certain, improved performance. I used to play a square driver because I hit it straighter than anything. But paint doesn't change anything. Paint it pretty.
[/quote]
I love it when a "hater" says that the TM drivers don't work as well as everyone else then you look at the drivers in tour players bags that are not TM Staff and yet are playing TM drivers (and RBZ FWs). Then look and see how many Tour players (on all the major tours) use Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Wilson, and some other drivers that are not not those staffs. Almost no one uses these other companies drivers unless they are Staff players of those companies.
Anyone care to guess what that means??
[/quote]
It means another wrx'r childishly called someone a hater for not liking a silly thing like a golf club.
[/quote]

+1. TMAG pays for play. Don't get your feelings hurt if someone doesn't like a club. You must have issues if this keeps you up at night. Also, please stop with the term hater, it's such an old response just because someone's opinion doesn't agree with yours.
[/quote]
Well first off the term "hater" was not of my making, it has been used a lot here by others in regards to TaylorMade as Koolaid is used in reference to Titleist. I didn't invent them.
Second, my feelings aren't hurt. He made a blanket statement that TM clubs are inferior, not a statement that it was his opinion. I don't care about his opinion in relation to his game,but to say that TM is inferior as if a matter of fact makes himself look bad and insults the the largest share of golfers including the Tour players seein as they are number one clearly. Statements of fact are very different than statements of personal opinion.
Third--Pay for play when it comes to drivers means very little to the top players in the world when it comes to deciding what they will play. It is a nice perk, but if it isn't the best for their game they will not use it. Do you think that Luke Donald or Padrig Harrington is concerned about the "pennies" they may get for tee up money when winning is all they are concerned about? To the top players in the world it is about winning and not really about the money. Most of these guys would be paid a lot more by their own equipment companies if they would use the drivers that their companies make. The only people that it might make a difference to is the fringe players on the lesser tours where survival is key and every check means something. Those guys have been traditionally targeted by Acushnet for Ball-Shoe-Glove contracts (no pay for clubs, but they will supply clubs to these people for free, but it allows them to have other club deals) because they don't have club contracts.
Pay for play was invented by Callaway in the early 90's. Most companies have tried to do it at some point.
Fourth, I have not defended the look of the new crown graphics here, I will wait to see what it looks like at address and how it plays to determine my opinion. I spoke out against the White heads when they came out, concerned that I thought it would be distracting. Well after about 10 minutes or less of hitting the clubs, I realized that I was wrong and the white head with the black face actually worked and the club set up to the eyes extremely well. So I am going to resist commenting on these "exotic" new clubs until I hit them before passing judgement! And when I do so, it will be my personal opinion.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1353789052' post='5973439']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1353766324' post='5972325']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1353739564' post='5971855']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1353737119' post='5971809']
[quote name='lukesmurf59' timestamp='1353733164' post='5971675']
I really wish they would just make good looking drivers. I hate these ugly things. The callaways with the different colors on the bottom are plenty. Why can't drivers look good too? I know it makes them money but goodness I would have a little more self respect. These look like all those ridiculous $2k civic hatchbacks that all the "gangstas" "trick out." Whatever happened to something beautiful that also performed? The performance should speak for the driver, not its gaudy looks. I think a little color can be fun but all the Taylormade ones just have a certain look about them that I don't like. They also perform no better than anything else (often worse) so I cannot justify purchasing their clubs. I've bought ugly clubs before but you can only make ugly clubs when the ugliness provides certain, improved performance. I used to play a square driver because I hit it straighter than anything. But paint doesn't change anything. Paint it pretty.
[/quote]
I love it when a "hater" says that the TM drivers don't work as well as everyone else then you look at the drivers in tour players bags that are not TM Staff and yet are playing TM drivers (and RBZ FWs). Then look and see how many Tour players (on all the major tours) use Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Wilson, and some other drivers that are not not those staffs. Almost no one uses these other companies drivers unless they are Staff players of those companies.
Anyone care to guess what that means??
[/quote]
It means another wrx'r childishly called someone a hater for not liking a silly thing like a golf club.
[/quote]

+1. TMAG pays for play. Don't get your feelings hurt if someone doesn't like a club. You must have issues if this keeps you up at night. Also, please stop with the term hater, it's such an old response just because someone's opinion doesn't agree with yours.
[/quote]
Well first off the term "hater" was not of my making, it has been used a lot here by others in regards to TaylorMade as Koolaid is used in reference to Titleist. I didn't invent them.
Second, my feelings aren't hurt. He made a blanket statement that TM clubs are inferior, not a statement that it was his opinion. I don't care about his opinion in relation to his game,but to say that TM is inferior as if a matter of fact makes himself look bad and insults the the largest share of golfers including the Tour players seein as they are number one clearly. Statements of fact are very different than statements of personal opinion.
Third--Pay for play when it comes to drivers means very little to the top players in the world when it comes to deciding what they will play. It is a nice perk, but if it isn't the best for their game they will not use it. Do you think that Luke Donald or Padrig Harrington is concerned about the "pennies" they may get for tee up money when winning is all they are concerned about? To the top players in the world it is about winning and not really about the money. Most of these guys would be paid a lot more by their own equipment companies if they would use the drivers that their companies make. The only people that it might make a difference to is the fringe players on the lesser tours where survival is key and every check means something. Those guys have been traditionally targeted by Acushnet for Ball-Shoe-Glove contracts (no pay for clubs, but they will supply clubs to these people for free, but it allows them to have other club deals) because they don't have club contracts.
Pay for play was invented by Callaway in the early 90's. Most companies have tried to do it at some point.
Fourth, I have not defended the look of the new crown graphics here, I will wait to see what it looks like at address and how it plays to determine my opinion. I spoke out against the White heads when they came out, concerned that I thought it would be distracting. Well after about 10 minutes or less of hitting the clubs, I realized that I was wrong and the white head with the black face actually worked and the club set up to the eyes extremely well. So I am going to resist commenting on these "exotic" new clubs until I hit them before passing judgement! And when I do so, it will be my personal opinion.
[/quote]
You say your feelings aren't hurt. I think that is more opinion than fact.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1353791048' post='5973549']
The website and the fashion in which the pictures were released is extremely strange to me.
[/quote]

What I find strange is the fact than I have not read something coming from Xerpro on this topic yet. I thought he would share with us. Probably the guy with the best infos concerning TM drivers.

8 to 12 degrees... nough said. they could hand draw a smiley face on the crown and people would line up for that kind of adjustment. it's like one club for life. i'm interested. i dont think it will be ready for pga merch show, which is a bummer, but rocketbladz tour model will, can't wait.
[/quote]

Wouldn't the COG be drastically different from when its set at 8* and 12*? It's certainly not going to give you as good a result as a non adjustable driver.

The clubs with the hottest faces are the RBZ and Callaway X Hot fairway woods, they aren't adjustable, nuff said
[/quote]

This is the thing not talked about enough. On a loft adjustable driver, only 1 loft will be ideal for CG placement. The 10.5 head IS NOT THE SAME as the 8.5 head on a glued version. This is great for shops and OEM's to handle inventory better, which in turn should lead to prices being more stable, but it is BAD for the consumer.
[/quote]didnt look at it that way. Good observation. But this just a new style of adjustment. Your theory should then apply to the RAZR FIT, 910, 913, R11 etc.
[/quote]

Especially the Nike and Cobra. An 8.5* head is mechanically different than a 10.5* head. Period. If it's just changing face angle to effectively change the loft (and not ACTUALLY changing the loft) it's not as big of a deal. But any of the R&D guys at any of the OEM's will tell you the same thing. They HATE the idea of one loft that can adjusted 4*. Once again, what the consumer wants doesn't automatically help the consumer.
[/quote]

That's definitely interesting. And what you are saying seems to make logical sense. It would definitely be interesting to know exactly how the CG changes as both loft and face angle change (for all adjustable clubs). I ask this mainly because different types of players require different CG placement in clubs, do they not? Wouldn't a high swing speed, high launch, high spin player prefer higher CG placement in a club? Whereas a low swing speed, low launch, low spin player prefer lower CG placement? It seems to me that optimal CG placement depends on the user, no?
[/quote]
So basically what your saying is that the world needs a driver with endless amounts of adjustability in terms of loft, face angle, weight, and CG.......hhhhmmmmmmm......how about this one.

[quote name='dangolf' timestamp='1353786732' post='5973329']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think whoever thought to put graphics like that on the crown of a driver was clearly smoking A LOT of crack

[quote name='Golfer_1993' timestamp='1353792047' post='5973615']
The website and the fashion in which the pictures were released is extremely strange to me.
[/quote]

What I find strange is the fact than I have not read something coming from Xerpro on this topic yet. I thought he would share with us. Probably the guy with the best infos concerning TM drivers.
[/quote]
YEP.....hmmm :busted_cop:

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='reg1900' timestamp='1353793929' post='5973725']
[/quote]

Yep, pretty obvious it's a TMAG approved leak otherwise this thread would've been closed and the pic removed
[/quote]

But the owners here aren't in the pockets of the OEM's or anything, they even said so themselves. :rolleyes:

[quote name='fulton' timestamp='1353774885' post='5972771']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1353724405' post='5971225']
8 to 12 degrees... nough said. they could hand draw a smiley face on the crown and people would line up for that kind of adjustment.
[/quote]

And remind me what the positive is of 4* of adjustability for a consumer that plays 9.5-10* of loft in his/her driver?
[/quote]

We all know you're a titleist fan boy and a little slower than most people. Clearly the sole plate is designed with 3 degrees of adjustability both opened and closed.

People like you are funny though because I'm sure you opened the link took one look and your decision was made that you didn't like it. I'm sure it was made before you even seen the driver. If the TaylorMade came out with a driver that looked exactly like the titleist 913 but said TaylorMade instead of titleist you would still hate on it. And that goes for all of the TaylorMade "haters".

These drivers will be on tour and they will sell like crazy. It's great how much hype this driver has on this site and all that has been showed are pictures of a driver head. Wait until TaylorMade actually markets the driver.

People will quickly get over the crown paint job just like they got over the white heads. Chalk another up for TaylorMade innovation.
[/quote]

Welcome to GolfWRX Fulton. Might want to read the bylaws on direct personal attacks (you get a pass for being a newbie - this time)

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

8 to 12 degrees... nough said. they could hand draw a smiley face on the crown and people would line up for that kind of adjustment.
[/quote]

And remind me what the positive is of 4* of adjustability for a consumer that plays 9.5-10* of loft in his/her driver?
[/quote]

We all know you're a titleist fan boy and a little slower than most people. Clearly the sole plate is designed with 3 degrees of adjustability both opened and closed.

People like you are funny though because I'm sure you opened the link took one look and your decision was made that you didn't like it. I'm sure it was made before you even seen the driver. If the TaylorMade came out with a driver that looked exactly like the titleist 913 but said TaylorMade instead of titleist you would still hate on it. And that goes for all of the TaylorMade "haters".

These drivers will be on tour and they will sell like crazy. It's great how much hype this driver has on this site and all that has been showed are pictures of a driver head. Wait until TaylorMade actually markets the driver.

People will quickly get over the crown paint job just like they got over the white heads. Chalk another up for TaylorMade innovation.
[/quote]

You're spot on, welcome to wrx, where bashing TMAG and driving 300 yards into stiff breeze is what we do.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

[quote name='rafal' timestamp='1353802053' post='5974117']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're spot on, welcome to wrx, where bashing TMAG and driving 300 yards into stiff breeze is what we do.
[/quote]
What? You mean most of us CAN'T drive it 300 yards? I feel so duped... But yes, while the rest of the world will buy this driver like it's the last ever made, people will bash it. It IS what we do.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

The only thing better than playing golf is nitpicking in the forums. Guilty, as the day is long. I'm as guilty as TMAG is crappy ;)

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[/quote]

Yep, pretty obvious it's a TMAG approved leak otherwise this thread would've been closed and the pic removed
[/quote]

Looks like it especially with the other thread started concerning copywrited material.

So now it begs the question, with the massive thumbs down for this club, will TMag be making any cosmetic changes?

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* Diamana S+
Bridgestone J40 4W 16* Project X 6.0
Bridgestone J40 3H 21* Project X 6.0
Mizuno MP 53 4-PW XP S300
Mizuno T4 52* and 58* S300
Odyssey ProType Black 2 ball

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, it would slightly rise with less loft, and lower with more loft.... which I think would be what you want it to do. You can also change the weight slugs externally to further manipulate. I don't see that big of an issue.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='Mikka' timestamp='1353804823' post='5974315']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like it especially with the other thread started concerning copywrited material.

So now it begs the question, with the massive thumbs down for this club, will TMag be making any cosmetic changes?
[/quote]

I don't know but I wish so. My rep told me couple years ago they were starting the mass production of the clubs early december to ship them early january. They could just put small graphics on the edge of the crown and it would be perfect.

[quote name='Mikka' timestamp='1353804823' post='5974315']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope so this thing is awful! But if they are suppose to come out in the spring, they have had to already put these into production.

i went into this thread hoping to see a black driver, but then was smashed in the face with a horrible looking club. everything about it is terrible, sole, crown, shaft graphics. but hey they have to generate buzz around their products.

Titleist 910D3 9.5- Aldila RIP
Cobra AMP 3wood Aldila RIP
Titleist 910H 17Degree Diamana White Board
Cobra S3 Pro 4-PW TT DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM5 52 Degree
Titleist Vokey SM5 56 Degree
Scratch DD8620 58 Degree TT DG Tour
Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.6
Callaway Chrome Soft