happy2behere

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coup?

Gang,

Back in August of 2005, I had just purchased an American Classic III, and a SSS Newport 2 from eBay. I wanted to learn more about these putters, and didn’t know where to go. I felt that I’d be considered a “newbie” and laughed at by others, so I didn’t post a lot of questions on the existing forum for collector discussion…so I started a forum of my own.

Nearly 18 months later, The Cameron Collector has a membership roster of more than 3,100 people, and serves up Millions of page views on a monthly basis. From our meager beginnings to the juggernaut that it is today, the moderators and I have always tried to keep things friendly and inviting. Whether it’s “Lefty” sections for Lefty’s, or the “Newbie” area where people get a helping hand from more established collectors…it’s all for the good of the hobby. The public response has been humbling.

In the last few days, we’ve had several moderators resign their posts for personal reasons. While we may never hear the entire story, the task at hand became much more difficult for the remaining moderators left at the helm. We added a few, but it’s obvious that we can’t replace the leadership in its entirety without consequences. All the while, the ‘godfather’ of collecting, Bill Vogeney, gets the much-due recognition for his HUGE contributions to the hobby from scottycameron.com. This is a fantastic opportunity for Bill (Vog), and I think he’s gearing up for some seriously great things this year.

I’ve learned in the last 12hrs that Vog’s site was getting a ‘makeover’ and that they’d started to look for designers and programmers to accomplish the change. This got me thinking…what about TCC? With recent changes in my employment, I’m not going to be able to dedicate the time needed to run a board of this magnitude on a daily basis…while Vog is gearing his up. I thought of no better play than to turn the reigns of TCC over to Bill to run indefinitely. We’ve talked about it in the past, and this will come as a surprise to some, but I leave you in VERY good hands. Bill has been a moderator on TCC for a year now, and I trust that he’ll be able to work with everyone in a capacity that I can’t. He’s been a long-time friend of Scotty’s and LITERALLY wrote the book on this hobby.

This is a change that even 24 hours ago, I didn’t foresee. I’d asked John to post in a few threads that the site hadn’t been sold…because it hadn’t. This is all a result of some conversations that have taken place in the last several hours. John, nor any other moderator was aware that this would be the course of action today.

As promised a few weeks ago, I’ve paid TCC’s domains and hosting bill for the next 2 years. Bill can run the site where it sits, or move it to wherever he wishes. The future of TCC is in fine hands, and I leave you all to enjoy the continued success of the site. Rest assured that the 226,000+ posts you’ve made over the last 18mos are around for all to see for a very long time.

I’m going to duck out of the way so that Bill and his new team have a chance to get the lay of the land. I’ll be working with whomever to make sure that the proper instructions are given, and am happy to stay on as a site advisor if need be…but I have a feeling he’ll want to make it his own.

Thanks so much for the last year and a half. I leave with fond memories of what I feel is a job well done. I may pop in from time to time, but I think it’s best for me to bow out gracefully. I’ve got a 4-month old son, and a job hunt that need my immediate attention…this place is in good hands.

Warm Regards,

Mr. Doug

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

From Doug's stated goals of Puttertalk, it looks like that's where most of is online attention will be. On a side note, I am sure this will help dispell his perception of being a "Cameron Guy."

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Can anyone explain "what the real story is"?????

What do you think it maybe? The email seems pretty straight forward? I'm always in for a good conspiracy theory.

BST AD Help

Posts are being deleted on the TCC site about whats really going on. I really have no comments on the matter but I like to hear the real reasons why the site is changing.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

WARNING- PURE SPECULATION

[speculation on]

Ok,

So the theory is Vog is/was starting his own site. Doug's site would have competition/be ace'd out over loyalties to Vog and so Doug decided to hand over reigns to Vog. And then further speculation that Puttertalk is/was opened because of Vog's site going live soon as well?

[/speculation off]

BST AD Help

Just a simple business buy out I guess.

Easier to buy someone out with a captured market than having to start from scratch.

Now Vog has the email addresses and a potential sale in each and everyone of the TCC members. That is something that cannot be measured.

I also think Mr. Doug wanted to be unrestrained from talking purely Camerons. The market is just no longer SC, here on wrx alone we talk about so many great guys. It would be a big mistake to limit one's options.

I think that there is a large degree of truth included in Doug's announcement letter. But I also am left with a feeling that there was a hole lot more going on behind the scenes. I can't help but feel this way with Moderators Alberto, Chris and Eric leaving abruptly this past week. More than likely, we'll never know the truth. I take comfort knowing the site is in great hands.

Mike

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I do not want to appear as if I am not grateful for TCC and to Mr. Doug. I am. What Mr. Doug did in launching TCC and maintaining it was a great service to all Cameron Collectors. There are many people thankful to him and the moderators.

However, it seems as if some people are getting upset for what, a website changing hands. It is one thing to offer loyalty but another to make it sound as if the world is ending. I would think that people would thank Mr. Doug as he has earned it and welcome Vog. I suppose if people are that upset of what has happened then they can just leave TCC (or whatever the new name will be) and find another IBB to post in.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Vog has my email addresses and has never solicited a single thing in the handful of correspondence we have had. I agree that this is not his style.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Sorry guys if I offended anyone.

I don't think there is anything negative with a move like that. It is decision made by both parties. In fact I think Mr. Vog (no offense to Mr.Doug please) might be able to provide different services/insights because of his relationships.

I'm registered at TCC. There in no other way that Mr. Vog would have my access to me unless it would be through the 5 or 6 boards that I am on. Anyone who is registered on TCC has to have some sort of interest in SCs, which is Vog's market.

Again I don't see anything wrong with that. In the end I, the potential customer, will still decide where and when I will purchase an SC. The TCC will help in that choice whoever runs it.

There are only 2 wtb SCs on my wishlist anyhow.

I'm a member over there. Have been for a while. I always considered

it a great place to get honest opinions on prices, and to do some honest

horse-trading. Web sites come and go, that's true, I just hope that it doesn't change too much. There are quite a few stand-up guys over there. You won't find a better source for un-biased opinions on all things Cameron. I hope this doesn't change.......

Couple of things...like I posted over at TCC.

TCC is, and always will be, like a child to me. Sometimes, they have to move out of the house. I've been stupid enough on a few other boards that I started, to not realize that, and it ended up doing more damage than good. To address a few things...

#1 - No money traded hands. I wouldn't take any for it.

#2 - I've tried to give it to Vog on a few occasions...

#3 - Vog isn't a distributor, which is another reason I gave it to him.

#4 - I still have an 009 as my gamer...Scotty makes one hell of a putter.

#5 - People will ALWAYS speculate...and more often than not, be wrong.

I'm a VERY public person, and easy to get a hold of. If anyone want's to talk, just email me. [email protected]

I've read everything on TCC regarding the change of ownership, and have read the thread here. As a very active member on both boards, my thought is this:

I don't care WHY or HOW things transpired as long as the product remains consistent. Ownership changes happen every day in business, and as long as the product or service remains consistent, the business will continue to flourish.

Everyone has a reason for doing something, and out of respect for Doug and Vog, I really don't mind if some things are kept private / secret. It's their business (figuratively, not literally), not mine.

That said, I am grateful to Doug for his effort in starting the site; fairness in running the site; and candor in all of his postings. I wish him the best going forward in whatever he does both personally and professionally. I've never had the opportunity to meet him, but I can tell he's a stand-up guy.

Good luck, Doug!

Kevin

I've read everything on TCC regarding the change of ownership, and have read the thread here. As a very active member on both boards, my thought is this:

I don't care WHY or HOW things transpired as long as the product remains consistent. Ownership changes happen every day in business, and as long as the product or service remains consistent, the business will continue to flourish.

Everyone has a reason for doing something, and out of respect for Doug and Vog, I really don't mind if some things are kept private / secret. It's their business (figuratively, not literally), not mine.

That said, I am grateful to Doug for his effort in starting the site; fairness in running the site; and candor in all of his postings. I wish him the best going forward in whatever he does both personally and professionally. I've never had the opportunity to meet him, but I can tell he's a stand-up guy.

Good luck, Doug!

Kevin

Well said !!!! I love this site and love the TCC. These sites are run the best and wish the best for Doug. And BTW http://www.puttertalk.com/ is another great site about golf equipment. Thanks for taken care of my spare time Doug.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch