New PING S-series Iron / S55 / S-55(merged)

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1372819713' post='7377630']
[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372816608' post='7377048']
[quote name='Doublebuck' timestamp='1372810407' post='7376028']
[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1372766834' post='7369534']
[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372765088' post='7369408']
Obviously, I am not the expert here, but Mizuno obviously has thier own research and the "quality" aspect is apparent over cast clubs.

[/quote]

I trust the independent expertise of Tom Wishon over the P.R. of Mizuno.
[/quote]

So do I. I don't buy golf clubs because they make a better bell. I play Mizuno right now, frankly I wish I had my Pings back that my son now has. My cousin better than scratch has two other sets he won, but won't give up his TM R7 (cast)(long time forged previously). Tom Wishon tells it like it is in my honest opinion, has little to gain by his posts, and bases his comments on years of study, not years of sales.
Quite a number of the Pros could tell, not the rest of us. If there was a true performance/feel difference, then would all the Pros not play one or the other?
[/quote]
pros get PAID to play a certain brand....see Rory....

I have a set of titleist 712 MB's, a set of ping ansers and a set of Ping S56's......the MBs feel the best with the ansers 2nd.....s56s are great too but the feel of the cast is much different to me. And Im a 11 HDCP player so im not great by anyones standard
[/quote]

What's being paid to play a CERTAIN BRAND got to do with [b]cast vs. forged[/b] ? Correct. Nothing.

Nike doesn't make both ?

So the forged "feels" better to you. YOU can tell the difference ? And Raymond Floyd couldn't ?

Did you read Tom Wishon's posts ? The difference in feel is PROBABLY due to the different clubhead designs and different shaft combos rather than the clubhead material.

But just like most have been saying all along, play whatever you like,,,,,,,, so enough already with your "quality", marketing videos, "more consistent" and the rest of your spurious claims,,,,,, that get refuted at every turn,,,,,,,

YOUR "mind" is all that counts,,,,,, to YOU,,,,,,, just "hang your hat" on that. (cool)
[/quote]

boy, someone seems angry.....who peed in your cheerios?

Since Ray Floyd hits the sweet spot everytime, im sure he cant tell...but I dont and I can tell what feels better to ME.....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#800080]Quality to me is stuffs that last ands performs. My Mizuno clubs looked pretty worn afters a year withs thems. My s56 PW-7 has some *wear* on thems from beings hit more oftens. My i20 6-2 irons look brands new. I have same shafts ands weights as my Mizuno clubs ands the feels for both are basically identical. I prefer cast over forged feels now.[/color]

[color=#800080]I woulds think if somebody was givens a Mizuno club that was cast but designed to looks like one of their forged lines, they woulds nots know that it was nots forged. I thinks brands *brain-wash* peoples. Sometimes way overs the tops too , where the peoples act just stupid. [/color]

[color=#800080]It really seems there is some *ego* involved whens it comes to forged versus cast. Since to me all things are equal amongs player clubs , i prefer the longer lastings clubs. I rather nots replace every year from wear. I was dumb enoughs to listen to the *masses* ands thoughts cast clubs were inferior. That is just nots even close to real.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1372857361' post='7379668']
[color=#800080]It really seems there is some *ego* involved whens it comes to forged versus cast. Since to me all things are equal amongs player clubs , i prefer the longer lastings clubs. I rather nots replace every year from wear. I was dumb enoughs to listen to the *masses* ands thoughts cast clubs were inferior. That is just nots even close to real.[/color]
[/quote]

ego? hahahahahaha think not.....i am not a great golfer as i have said many times I am an 11 HDCP player....so ego doesnt come into play.....in fact, by reading everyones posts around here, I may be the only guy in these forums who isnt a scratch golfer and doesnt have a "low, penetrating ball flight". Sorry to disappoint, but forged just feels better to me, especially when I miss the sweet spot.....to me forged is higher quality than a cast club....Miura-Son agrees ;)

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372855696' post='7379508']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1372819713' post='7377630']
[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372816608' post='7377048']
[quote name='Doublebuck' timestamp='1372810407' post='7376028']
So do I. I don't buy golf clubs because they make a better bell. I play Mizuno right now, frankly I wish I had my Pings back that my son now has. My cousin better than scratch has two other sets he won, but won't give up his TM R7 (cast)(long time forged previously). Tom Wishon tells it like it is in my honest opinion, has little to gain by his posts, and bases his comments on years of study, not years of sales.
Quite a number of the Pros could tell, not the rest of us. If there was a true performance/feel difference, then would all the Pros not play one or the other?
[/quote]
pros get PAID to play a certain brand....see Rory....

I have a set of titleist 712 MB's, a set of ping ansers and a set of Ping S56's......the MBs feel the best with the ansers 2nd.....s56s are great too but the feel of the cast is much different to me. And Im a 11 HDCP player so im not great by anyones standard
[/quote]

What's being paid to play a CERTAIN BRAND got to do with [b]cast vs. forged[/b] ? Correct. Nothing.

Nike doesn't make both ?

So the forged "feels" better to you. YOU can tell the difference ? And Raymond Floyd couldn't ?

Did you read Tom Wishon's posts ? The difference in feel is PROBABLY due to the different clubhead designs and different shaft combos rather than the clubhead material.

But just like most have been saying all along, play whatever you like,,,,,,,, so enough already with your "quality", marketing videos, "more consistent" and the rest of your spurious claims,,,,,, that get refuted at every turn,,,,,,,

YOUR "mind" is all that counts,,,,,, to YOU,,,,,,, just "hang your hat" on that. (cool)
[/quote]

boy, someone seems angry.....who peed in your cheerios?

Since Ray Floyd hits the sweet spot everytime, im sure he cant tell...but I dont and I can tell what feels better to ME.....
[/quote]
[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372866219' post='7380800']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1372857361' post='7379668']
[/quote]

ego? hahahahahaha think not.....i am not a great golfer as i have said many times I am an 11 HDCP player....so ego doesnt come into play.....in fact, by reading everyones posts around here, I may be the only guy in these forums who isnt a scratch golfer and doesnt have a "low, penetrating ball flight". Sorry to disappoint, but forged just feels better to me, especially when I miss the sweet spot.....to me forged is higher quality than a cast club....Miura-Son agrees ;)
[/quote]

Angry ? Not at all. :wub:

[size=4]But you're typical. And predictable. ALL the usual rejoinders when your arguments are debunked and you have nothin' left. You make a statement, you get a counter statement and then slink onto a different/irrelevant "point" and somehow think nobody'll notice. [/size]

Now you think somehow you have no "ego" because you're an "11" ? Like nobody's ever seen an "11" before playing blades because he loves to hear his playing partners say "Wow, BEAUTIFUL blades,,,,, KEWL !!!" ? What might that be called again ? Ohhhhh, right,,,,,. EGO - can't hit 'em but LOVES to "hear" others drool over them so he can tell them how wonderful they are,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

[size=4]Now you want to make it sound like you are somehow more "honest" than others BECAUSE you admit to being an "11" ? :lol:[/size]

And after all your "claims" and all the "evidence" contradicting them we finally come down to it,,,,, YET AGAIN.

We GET it. We've ALWAYS gotten it. They "feel" better to YOU !!!

Bully for YOU !!! :ok:[size=4] AGAIN !!! :good:[/size]

What part of "YOUR "mind" is all that counts,,,,,, to YOU,,,,,,, just "hang your hat" on that." and "But just like most have been saying all along, play whatever you like" is UNCLEAR ?

Or will you now come up with yet another IRRELEVANT claim/observation ? :wacko:

Sheesh,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote]Angry ? Not at all. :wub:

Now you think somehow you have no "ego" because you're an "11" ? Like nobody's ever seen an "11" before playing blades because he loves to hear his playing partners say "Wow, BEAUTIFUL blades,,,,, KEWL !!!" ? What might that be called again ? Ohhhhh, right,,,,,. EGO - can't hit 'em but LOVES to "hear" others drool over them so he can tell them how wonderful they are,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

[/quote]

If you read earlier posts, you would have seen I have 2 sets of forged and 1 set of cast.....2 cavity back and 1 blade......so, your theory or opinion is way off base, but fortunately, not everyone thinks as negative as you. That's just who you are.

Time for you to troll somewhere else. Have fun.

this has gone from ping55s thread to forged v cast,come on lads if you dont know anything about the pings start your own thread on forged v cast or read the lots and lots of threads already available

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372877386' post='7382278']
[/quote]

You really should evaluate the things you've said and the way you've acted to see how you're coming off in this thread before tossing around that word.

As for getting back on topic, I really hope Ping puts these in their guys' hands on the range soon, because it's easily my most anticipated club of the year. Might seem silly to some, but the three year cycle will do that to me.

CALLAWAY GBB - 9* Aldila Rogue I/O 60 X
TEE E8 Beta - 13* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
TEE CBX hybrid - 16* HZRDUS 6.0
TEE EX9 Tour hybrid - 18* Recoil 780 ES S
WILSON FG Tour V4 - 4-P DG Pro S
TITLEIST Vokey SM6 - 52.12 F
Indi Golf Stingray TT 58*
EXOTICS DG-v 1.2

[quote name='kronik' timestamp='1372886368' post='7383276']
[/quote]

You really should evaluate the things you've said and the way you've acted to see how you're coming off in this thread before tossing around that word.

As for getting back on topic, I really hope Ping puts these in their guys' hands on the range soon, because it's easily my most anticipated club of the year. Might seem silly to some, but the three year cycle will do that to me.
[/quote]
The way ive acted? Interesting......

being a proud owner of the s56's, I am really anxious about the design and the potential of another ping forged club....

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372888021' post='7383414']
[/quote]

[/quote]

being a proud owner of the s56's, I am really anxious about the design and the potential of another ping forged club....
[/quote]

No way it's forged, although it would be cook

[quote name='Redjeep83' timestamp='1372898436' post='7384452']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ping needs to post the pics and get the 55s out if they do exist, I am ready to pull the trigger on a set, might just have to go S56s, which is in all liklihood what Ping wants. How much room for improvement is there in the S line S56 going forward? I can't imagine much.

[quote name='spindoctor' timestamp='1372885010' post='7383112']
[quote name='dplevin' timestamp='1372884145' post='7382992']
Let's get back to the S55 irons. I just want to see some pics once they're available.
[/quote]

Absolutely right! Let´s get back to the origin topic.
[/quote]

:good:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='rmauritz' timestamp='1372899968' post='7384646']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ping needs to post the pics and get the 55s out if they do exist, I am ready to pull the trigger on a set, might just have to go S56s, which is in all liklihood what Ping wants. How much room for improvement is there in the S line S56 going forward? I can't imagine much.
[/quote]

No offence, I don't think Ping are going to release the S55's so you can pull the trigger on them.
Just buy the S56's... They are awesome sticks. Who knows, when we will see the 55's.

A mess...

[quote name='bjive' timestamp='1372921411' post='7386282']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No offence, I don't think Ping are going to release the S55's so you can pull the trigger on them.
Just buy the S56's... They are awesome sticks. Who knows, when we will see the 55's.
[/quote]

Im guessing it will be just like the i20 irons, they released pictures like a week before they were to be released for sale. S55 are released this fall, right? So expect to see pictures in fall

[quote name='bjive' timestamp='1372921411' post='7386282']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not figuring they would release them on my account! The time has come, show us the goods!

The s55 will not be forged as the ansers hold that spot in the market for ping. tsecor's head may explode when that gets revealed because the "quality" won't be up to snuff for his standards. I know we don't want to argue about cast vs forged in this thread because there is a ton of those already. However dispersion isn't better with either one, claiming that forged has better dispersion than cast is simply outrageous.

The s56's and the ap2's are my fav player irons coming off the mp train, but kept the ap2's cuz the s56's finish durability wasn't impressive. More dings than the ap2's...maybe due to pre-ordering the earlier sets with finish issues like the i20's? maybe due to newbie factory QC, since around that time, Ping was sending all their work to China? I dunno. The s56's are impressive though. They'll probably nail it again with the s55. Much anticipation this fall for the s55, ap2, and the mp's.

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1372981962' post='7389894']
The s55 will not be forged as the ansers hold that spot in the market for ping. tsecor's head may explode when that gets revealed because the "quality" won't be up to snuff for his standards. I know we don't want to argue about cast vs forged in this thread because there is a ton of those already. However dispersion isn't better with either one, claiming that forged has better dispersion than cast is simply outrageous.
[/quote]
the forged is a hope and how many people actually buy ansers @ 1500 a set?....[u][b]as I said three other times, I own S56's[/b][/u].....lets move on already and the only thing that can make my head explode is another person crapping on another person for having opinions. Seems to be pretty common around this thread

[size=5][b]As for getting back on topic[/b][/size], I really hope Ping puts these in their guys' hands on the range soon, because it's easily my most anticipated club of the year. Might seem silly to some, but the three year cycle will do that to me.
[/quote]
[size=5][b]The way ive acted?[/b][/size] Interesting......

[/quote]
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1372903132' post='7384962']
[quote name='spindoctor' timestamp='1372885010' post='7383112']
Absolutely right! Let´s get back to the origin topic.
[/quote]

:good:
[/quote]
[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1372986305' post='7390160']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1372981962' post='7389894']
[/quote]
the forged is a hope and how many people actually buy ansers @ 1500 a set?....[u][b]as I said three other times, I own S56's[/b][/u].....[size=5][b]l[/b][/size][size=5][b]ets move on already and the only thing that can make my head explode is another person crapping on another person for having opinions. Seems to be pretty common around this thread[/b][/size]
[/quote]

And YOU thought *I* seemed "angry" ??? :rofl:[size=4] :rofl::rofl:[/size]

[size=4]You're surprised someone comments on the way YOU'VE acted,,,,,,,,, [/size]

"Why don't we go back to the original topic ?"

Yes. [b]Got a thumbs up from ME[/b]. (See above)

And here [b]you[/b] go [b]again[/b]. Someone disagrees with you and BOOM !!!

[b]You[/b] are the one who can't seem to let things go. Why IS that ? (Never mind, don't answer - just LET IT GO ALREADY) :swoon2:

S55's are not coming out in the summer or probably the fall. Look for January guys.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Ping always shows their new line at the British Open. I can't wait to see what they have to offer. A i25, a driving iron and s55 would be a great addition to their lineup.

Dr. Sim2 8° w/ RDX blue 60 6.5

3 Wood. Sim2 15° and 19° w/ Diamana 70x

Ui. Callaway x forged ut 21° w/ dg120 x100

4 to GW. Mizuno Pro 223 w/ dg120 x100

SW and Lw. 54° and 58° Milled grind raw w/ dg s200

Putter. Odyssey OG 1ws, 33 inches

Ball. Taylormade TP5x

[quote name='tsecor' timestamp='1373024497' post='7391696']
when does ping traditionally release new clubs? fall? Spring? I wonder if the cavity design will change much....
[/quote]

The s series traditionally makes its first appearance at the British Open. I believe Louis won at St Andrews using the s56, and it had not even been released yet.

[quote name='bushwood' timestamp='1373036227' post='7392570']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1372994934' post='7390872']
S55's are not coming out in the summer or probably the fall. Look for January guys.
[/quote]

Is that good intel or just a guess?
[/quote]

Its what I heard from people that are associated with the company but even they don't get straight answers on release dates. Put it this way. Ping does things in their own time not always on a schedule. I25's I hear are very sweet.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO