2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

ManuLife Classic

78Staff

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373867746' post='7455878']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373861611' post='7455616']
too funny...Catriona's fav meal is In n Out.
The gals on tour luv this place....if you read some tweets they are in a food coma after each visit. [/quote]

I'm convinced there's a global brainwashing in favor of In N Out. ...
[/quote]

Same for 5 Guys... (No in &out's here). People around here rave about them, including several of my friends. They are...OK. Nothing great. Kinda small, always seem squashed, fries always seem overdone. FudRuckers, Steak n Shake or Whataburger are just as good or better, to me anyway.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Norboo' timestamp='1373884732' post='7456194']
[b][s]Judy Rankin[/s] ate her words yesterday when she announced that Hee Young Park will not win at the start of the final round. [u]She flat out stated[/u] it will be Angela Stanford or Catriona Matthews. [/b]

[b][b]I knew she felt stupid with all the comments she made later in the match. LOL[/b][/b]
[/quote]

Definitely Crafter, as others have stated. Judy was not there. You can go back and edit your post to correct it, if you wish :).

Jane did do a bit of back tracking at the end, but was professional about it, admitting she was wrong and was impressed with how HeeYoung came back into the mix late in the back 9, etc. Unlike many GC on air talents who would just try to restate what they said in an attempt to make it sound like that's what they meant the first time around...ie Chamblee.

I'm pretty critical on Crafter in general, I think she does a horrible job on the ground, and is the worst at giving the "early call" (which I suppose this was a version of lol) but was suitably impressed with her booth work for the most part this week.

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[size=4]I think Worth Blackwelder was on Jodi Hyphen's bag.....her regular loop is Worth's son and Kerr is WD....was dad pulling rank for a paycheck?....relegating the son to a journeywoman? Jodi went birdie eagle to make the cut on Fri.[/size]

I don't think too many pros took advantage of the driveable 8th.

Hanna Kang a Mon qualifier and has done nothing on tour is in the CME.....lol.
[/quote]

The Worth bit is interesting...could be as simple as Myles not feeling well, or could be something deeper. Was Miles on another bag this week?

Yeah, the 8th was kind of a let down. It's a hard choice for the LPGA, they make it 260-270 and still 4/5 of the field can't reach it. If they make it 230-240 to let everyone have a shot then the big hitters will be hitting hybrids or fw and it becomes a bit of a joke possibly. Regardless, I think it should be on the back 9 if possible, as it was this week we only saw two or three groups on the hole I think.

Hanna Kang, yeah that's a hoot. That's taking advantage right there lol.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373868847' post='7455912']
[size=4]* Foltz still needs to simplify the questions if the foreigner isn't proficient in English[/size]

[size=4]* Abbott pointed out something today that I've wondered about. What is the Golf Channel obsession with Karine Icher? [/size]
[/quote]

Yeah, HeeYoung was like a deer in the headlights at the first version of that question. Even the second version wasn't much better, I still think HY just went off on standard canned answer as she probably still didn't understand what JF was asking. And Foltz should know better, for sure.

Icher does seem to get an odd amount of coverage. Almost like they seem to get a shot of her every week regardless. Solhiem Cup tie in maybe?

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Congrats to Miss Park for the win, but I'm sick Angela didn't do it. Now....regarding Michelle Wie & the Solheim Cup. I do hope Meg does not use her Captain's Pick on her, BUT.....if she does, I hope she gives Michelle's parents the instructions....stay home!!! Watch the Solheim Cup on TV. Even Beth Daniel had some rules about Bo & BJ staying away from Michelle. Her parents should not be her "coaches" during the Solheim Cup, Meg & Dottie will be her coaches & they do not need help from Bo & BJ. And most of all, MIchelle's playing partners do not need to see Mommie & Daddy up close & personal on every shot either.

[quote name='AKftw' timestamp='1373856192' post='7455210']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373851852' post='7454732']
It's amazing how little these ladies earn.

[url="http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx"]http://www.lpgascori...eaderboard.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

No it is not much but it's directly proportionate to the amount of spectators and lack of interest. It will die if nothing changes unfortunately
[/quote]People have been saying that for many years, & the LPGA's getting more TV coverage each year & is now getting more international interest with the USA not totally dominating.

The gals on tour luv this place....if you read some tweets they are in a food coma after each visit. [/quote]

I'm convinced there's a global brainwashing in favor of In N Out. Otherwise I have no explanation toward the popularity of that place. Other than chirpy help and a nice basic menu there's nothing to recommend. But don't say that in front of a worshipper.

My first week at USC my new roommates raved about a local hamburger joint. They were sure I'd love it and would be begging them every day to return. We loaded in the back of a pickup truck. Overflowing. Once we're there, I'm handed a cardboard box and minuscule mediocre burgers. To this day that's my wag nickname for the place, Minuscule and Mediocre. It took me a long time to fully forgive those roommates. Luckily they restored some confidence with a visit to Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart.

Maybe once every other year in Las Vegas I'd visit the In N Out next to UNLV on Maryland Parkway. Within 5 minutes I'd wonder what I was thinking. The recipe never changes...greatest help in the world, handing out pathetic food. The milk shakes are very good. I'll give them that.
[/quote]

It grows on you. I grew up in So. California but it took a while before I appreciated the goodness of In N Out burger. It's not the kind of thing that punches you in the face with its flavor intensity and that I think, is because it is classic food made with regular, fresh ingredients, ie unlike other fast food it has not been engineered within an inch of its life for maximum flavor impact. They don't freeze anything and they will only open a restaurant within close range of their fresh beef and bakery sources.
It is a fast food chain with a conscience. What other chain restaurant can you go to nowadays where make a point to only serve you fresh food, where the employees actually like their jobs and take pride in what they are doing? For a lot of people myself included, that is a big deal. That said none of this would mean crap if the burgers weren't tasty. Personally I think they are awesome, and the beauty is really in the details.

[left]The LPGA is not suffering on their broadcast schedule in the least. Here is a press releases from earlier this year. Note the bolded sections highlighting some great growth stats. Keep in mind that this does not specifically call out international TV coverage and with the influence of great play from the Asian players, I'm sure they are covering the LPGA as well.

[b] Rising Ratings Lead to Most Televised Tournament Hours in LPGA History[/b][/left]
[center][size=4][i]LPGA and Golf Channel Unveil 2013 Television Schedule Featuring [b]Nearly 300 Hours of Telecasts[/b][/i][/size][/center]

[color=#000000][size=4][b]DAYTONA BEACH/ORLANDO, Fla., March 12, 2013 – [/b]With a continuouslygrowing worldwide fan base and increased television ratings, the LPGA today unveiled its 2013 tournament schedule on Golf Channel, which features nearly 300 hours of original coverage, all North American weekend telecasts aired live and production features designed to spotlight LPGA stars. In addition to [b]a 22 percent increase of tournament coverage over last year[/b], all telecasts through the end of the 2013 season will be broadcast in high-definition. [/size][/color]

[b]The LPGA Tour has seen a 68 percent ratings increase over the past two seasons of domestic tournaments.[/b]

[color=#000000][color=#000000][color=#000000][size=4]“Our fans have pushed the tour’s television coverage and ratings to new heights and we’re pleased to present them with even more opportunities to watch our players in action,” said Brian Carroll, LPGA Vice President of Television and Emerging Media. “Our strong partnership with Golf Channel has provided us with many exciting ways to further showcase our players, not only during tournament telecasts, but also beyond the golf course.”[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=4]“The LPGA Tour continues to be a key part of Golf Channel’s overall tournament coverage,” said Molly Solomon, Golf Channel Executive Producer. “We have developed a great collaborative relationship with the Tour and invested more resources to better serve our loyal fans, which has created more inside-the-ropes access and more hours of coverage.”[/size][/color][/color][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#000000][color=#000000][size=4]Highlights of the television schedule include:[/size][/color][/color][/color][list]
[*][color=#000000][color=#000000][size=4]For the second-consecutive year, the tour will have [b]live coverage for more than 90 percent of North American telecasts, including 100 percent of weekend telecasts. [/b][/size][size=4]Nearly 30 hours of live coverage of The Solheim Cup, the biennial, international match play competition pitting the United States versus Europe. In addition to the telecasts, Golf Channel will also have live coverage of The Solheim Cup’s opening and closing ceremonies. The last playing of The Solheim Cup in the U.S. at Rich Harvest Farms outside Chicago in 2009 featured the highest viewed LPGA round (Sunday) in Golf Channel history.[/size][/color][/color]
[*][color=#000000][color=#000000][size=4]Golf Channel will again provide robust tournament coverage at major championships at both the Kraft Nabisco Championship and Wegmans LPGA Championship. [b]The Kraft Nabisco garnered the highest ratings on the network for a single event on the LPGA Tour last season, including the most-watched first round of the event on any cable network in 19 years and most-watched second round in 18 years.[/b] Golf Channel also will air live coverage of the LPGA’s fifth major, the Evian Championship, formerly the Evian Masters, contested Sept. 12-15.[/size][/color][/color]
[*][color=#000000][color=#000000][size=4][b]Golf Channel will televise pro-am shows from three tournaments[/b] – Kraft Nabisco Championship (April 4-7), Manulife Financial LPGA Classic (July 11-14) and CME Group Titleholders (Nov. 21-24) – when viewers will get inside-the-ropes access to the pros as they prepare for competition. [/size][size=4]Golf Channel will continue to showcase LPGA players’ personalities and will promote features that provide an inside look at the world’s best female golfers. After its well-received debut during the telecast of the season-finale CME Group Titleholders last year, the ‘Twitter Takeover’ segment will make a return this season, beginning this week at the RR Donnelley Founders Cup. The feature will regularly highlight players in the Golf Channel booth taking over the LPGA’s Twitter account (@lpga) and will provide a unique fan-interaction platform where players can answer fan questions and respond to comments using the hashtag, #LPGAonGC. Golf Channel also will produce segments with a behind-the-scenes take at selected pro-am events, as well as having players swap roles with the broadcast production crew.[/size][/color][/color]
[/list]

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1373895145' post='7456852']
[size=4]Same for 5 Guys... (No in &out's here). People around here rave about them, including several of my friends. They are...OK. Nothing great. Kinda small, always seem squashed, fries always seem overdone. FudRuckers, Steak n Shake or Whataburger are just as good or better, to me anyway.[/size]
[/quote]

The opened a 5 Guys here....sorry but I'm not paying including sales tax....$12 for a burger, fries & pop combo.
Although there aren't many....Harvey's is good in Canada.

Florida has those funny cafeteria style restaurants...and what age can one qualify for the early bird dinner specials?

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1373896722' post='7457036']
[size=4]The Worth bit is interesting...could be as simple as Myles not feeling well, or could be something deeper. Was Miles on another bag this week?[/size]

[size=4]Icher does seem to get an odd amount of coverage. Almost like they seem to get a shot of her every week regardless. Solhiem Cup tie in maybe?[/size]
[/quote]
Ya maybe Myles was busy elsewhere.

I can see why Belen gets odd coverage....although if I was a GC producer she'd receive 1000% more coverage with a lot of male viewers happy...but yes...which Icher?

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373901335' post='7457544']
Congrats to Miss Park for the win, but I'm sick Angela didn't do it. Now....regarding Michelle Wie & the Solheim Cup. I do hope Meg does not use her Captain's Pick on her, BUT.....if she does, I hope she gives Michelle's parents the instructions....stay home!!! Watch the Solheim Cup on TV. Even Beth Daniel had some rules about Bo & BJ staying away from Michelle. Her parents should not be her "coaches" during the Solheim Cup, Meg & Dottie will be her coaches & they do not need help from Bo & BJ. And most of all, MIchelle's playing partners do not need to see Mommie & Daddy up close & personal on every shot either.
[/quote]

You know Meg will make sure BJ & Bo are just regular folks at the Solheim just like the other parents or fans.
Heck....I never knew what Paul Creamer looked like until PC won the 2010 USWO and he was on TV....I had also attended 4 events prior and they never stood out....heck I mistakenly called Lang's mom....Mrs. Creamer....duh.
FYI....Lang's mom might be the best looking mom on tour although some say Ryann's mom is a looker.

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373901647' post='7457572']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373848821' post='7454450']
Kay
are you in mourning?
[/quote]No, just disappointed. Was really glad to see Angela in the hunt again & playing well.
[/quote]

Kay
Yes....Angela did finish as the 1st place loser....lol.
I know I'd have so much fun rubbing you the wrong way at SC.....too bad we'd didn't live closer by.....we'd have so many laughs playing golf....you definitely have a g8 personality to keep posting here in a male dominated forum.

Ole Ole

Hit em straight young lady!!!!

PS...if there were only female forum members there would be no trolls or need for moderators....women are brighter than men!!!!

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373906487' post='7458100']
OK...after a bit of research...here's some other tasty morsels...

1. IMG is the international TV representative for the LPGA.
2. Over 160 countries now broadcast the LPGA.
3. 93% of the broadcasts are live.
[/quote]

I also think Korea pays a hefty sum for cable rights to broadcast events.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373870298' post='7455944']
[size=4]I'm convinced there's a global brainwashing in favor of In N Out. Otherwise I have no explanation toward the popularity of that place. Other than chirpy help and a nice basic menu there's nothing to recommend. But don't say that in front of a worshipper.[/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]LOL[/size]

[size=4]I mentioned In N Out just to bait you and you fell for it ......hook, line and sinker....too funny.[/size]
[size=4]I remember your post in the Overrated Food post.[/size] [/quote]

Oh yeah. I forgot I posted in that thread. Seldom visit that 19th Hole forum. I probably would have skipped this post if I'd remembered that one. Probably repeated the same lines.

At least I didn't mention ribs.

[/quote]

Same for 5 Guys... (No in &out's here). People around here rave about them, including several of my friends. They are...OK. Nothing great. Kinda small, always seem squashed, fries always seem overdone. FudRuckers, Steak n Shake or Whataburger are just as good or better, to me anyway. [/quote]

I prefer 5 Guys to In N Out, but neither one blows me away.

5 Guys has expensive burgers but there's an easy way to reduce the bill. Always order the double burger then ask for a separate bun. They may give me funny looks, and discuss it among themselves, but I've never been turned down. Depending on the store and how busy it is, I handicap the situation and decide whether to ask at the counter, or at the table. When it's busy, always wait until you're at the table. The girl who runs out there to help has to get back to work. They can't afford to waste time so she'll run back and grab all the extra buns you need. When I've been among a big party, I'll laugh and say, "Watch this." Suddenly our burgers double in number across the board. Since they allow you to order as many topping as you want, it's easy to overload the double burger with too many toppings initially, and then split it once the second bun arrives.

The fries don't need creative manipulation. The small order can feed a family.

Among the other spots you named, we lack Whataburger in Miami and that's not a happy development. I always appreciate that place. The burgers and chicken sandwiches are quite good. When I drive back and forth from Miami to Las Vegas I'll always search out a Whataburger somewhere. Likewise a Furrs Cafeteria. I was sick when they departed Las Vegas. My best bet on the road is in Amarillo.

Lydia looked 5'6" last year....but Rankin said she's grown to 5'8" this year...who knows.

No way Ariya is 5'4"....much taller.....she's built like a linebacker....square shoulders.....you can see she is much taller than Moriya, who is listed at 5'2"

Moriya+Jutanugarn+Ariya+Jutanugarn+HSBC+Women+DYNE6BHNOBox.jpg

Many thanks for that photo. I was always skeptical of the 5-4, to the point I never entered it in my database.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373910755' post='7458702']
[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1373901647' post='7457572']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1373848821' post='7454450']
Kay
are you in mourning?
[/quote]No, just disappointed. Was really glad to see Angela in the hunt again & playing well.
[/quote]

Kay
Yes....Angela did finish as the 1st place loser....lol.
I know I'd have so much fun rubbing you the wrong way at SC.....too bad we'd didn't live closer by.....we'd have so many laughs playing golf....you definitely have a g8 personality to keep posting here in a male dominated forum.

Ole Ole

Hit em straight young lady!!!!

PS...if there were only female forum members there would be no trolls or need for moderators....women are brighter than men!!!!
[/quote]Since golf seems to be a male-dominated sport there'll always be more guys in here. I'm still in the "obsessed" stage of golf so I think about it most all the time I guess. My friends, all who've been playing for at least 30+years, are past that & think I'm nuts because I still "practice". And the vast majority of them rarely watch the LPGA (sadly). At least on this site, you guys are more civil than on that "other" site.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373981601' post='7464126']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373981473' post='7464108']
Aryia is done for the year having had surgery on her shoulder in Thailand on Monday. Hopefully she comes back better than ever...
[/quote]

That's too bad. So she won't be able to play in Q-School?
[/quote]

Hopefully the money she's earned will get her exempt from Q School.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1373981601' post='7464126']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1373981473' post='7464108']
Aryia is done for the year having had surgery on her shoulder in Thailand on Monday. Hopefully she comes back better than ever...
[/quote]

That's too bad. So she won't be able to play in Q-School?
[/quote]

All they said on recovery so far is that she's out for the RWBO.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373915447' post='7459302']

[/quote]

Same for 5 Guys... (No in &out's here). People around here rave about them, including several of my friends. They are...OK. Nothing great. Kinda small, always seem squashed, fries always seem overdone. FudRuckers, Steak n Shake or Whataburger are just as good or better, to me anyway. [/quote]

I prefer 5 Guys to In N Out, but neither one blows me away.

5 Guys has expensive burgers but there's an easy way to reduce the bill. Always order the double burger then ask for a separate bun. They may give me funny looks, and discuss it among themselves, but I've never been turned down. Depending on the store and how busy it is, I handicap the situation and decide whether to ask at the counter, or at the table. When it's busy, always wait until you're at the table. The girl who runs out there to help has to get back to work. They can't afford to waste time so she'll run back and grab all the extra buns you need. When I've been among a big party, I'll laugh and say, "Watch this." Suddenly our burgers double in number across the board. Since they allow you to order as many topping as you want, it's easy to overload the double burger with too many toppings initially, and then split it once the second bun arrives.

The fries don't need creative manipulation. The small order can feed a family.

Among the other spots you named, we lack Whataburger in Miami and that's not a happy development. I always appreciate that place. The burgers and chicken sandwiches are quite good. When I drive back and forth from Miami to Las Vegas I'll always search out a Whataburger somewhere. Likewise a Furrs Cafeteria. I was sick when they departed Las Vegas. My best bet on the road is in Amarillo.
[/quote]
Leave it to Awsi to handicap his meal at 5-Guys :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1373915447' post='7459302']
[size=4]5 Guys has expensive burgers but there's an easy way to reduce the bill. Always order the double burger then ask for a separate bun. [/size]
[/quote]
I've never heard of ordering an extra bun...I assume this was in your university days...trying to stretch out your student $'s.

I will admit meals in the US are huge.

In Vegas....ordered the super jumbo pastrami sandwich from the deli in the Mirage.
My wife had a bit......the waiter looked and gave me some more rye......I ending up with enough meat to make 2 sandwiches back in the hotel for a midnight snack.

My wife ordered a cobb salad in the deli at the Luxor as a light late night snack.....it was the size of a 10 pin bowling ball....I told the waitress......the salad could feed a family of five for 2 days in Canada....she didn't understand what I had said....lol.

[quote name='geoffaw' timestamp='1373991366' post='7465378']
Leave it to Awsi to handicap his meal at 5-Guys :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:[/quote]

It's a stressful difficult transition, asked to pay for food after more than two decades of comps. With so many friends behind the counter I'd be offered comps as soon as I walked into the sportsbooks, to the point I practiced waving my arms to signal no.

Restaurant tabs are strangely insulting. I find myself saying, hey I could buy a used club on ebay for that much. And later turn it for a profit.

But grocery stores can be interesting. I like that two for one. I call it two for one because I hate abbreviations. Last week I managed a four for one: Boxes of juice bars that were two for one, combined with a get one free coupon. On top of that, each box included a bonus juice bar. So I bagged 28 bars for the normal price of 6. I walked away like I should have been greeted with squirt bottles immediately outside.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1374005905' post='7467372'] I've never heard of ordering an extra bun...I assume this was in your university days...trying to stretch out your student $'s.[/quote]

University days? It was weeks ago. University days meant dad was paying. I'd order Monday Madness from Dominoes, which was a large pepperoni and 2 quarts of soda for 6 bucks. Outside Monday we used a local pizza joint called Doctor Munchies, which sadly no longer exists. They had the greatest mushroom pizza.

I wasn't stretching. I was investing. We had a kid in Troy Hall whose dad was a prominent bookie. The kid would call me every Saturday night and scream at me. I was on a big winning streak in college football. He'd yell at me and insist that they were going to get it all back the next day on the NFL games. Unfortunately he was majority correct.

One year I hit a $99 horse called Running True at Hollywood Park and spent the rest of the semester living large. The next year I dabbled in speed ratings and lost so much money at Hollywood that I couldn't afford the plane trip back to Miami. I had to take a Greyhound bus. My USC buddy who drove to the terminal lent me $20 for food money on the way back. I made a quick decision that it would be cheaper at the food market across the street than on the road. So I ran over there and bought several bottles of soda and bags of chips and crackers and a few small sandwiches, spending all but 5 bucks.

When I called home to tell my parents when I'd arrive four days later, I turned my back and somebody stole the bag of food. My friend was long gone. Now I've got 5 bucks for four days. First night we stopped in Riverside and that worked out well. I touted the guy in the next seat on a giant shake at Carl's Jr., knowing he could never finish it. Not even close. He managed maybe one ounce. The rest was handed to me. But I got in trouble by talking to a cute girl the next day and didn't want to embarrass myself at lunch. I had to order something. That was $3 blown.

Outside El Paso the next day I saw a dusty little market across the street from the terminal. Best value was a massive bag of animal crackers for $1.50. That was awesome, albeit somewhat stale and very loud. I was waking people up when crunching them at night. Outside the Superdome I got stopped by a police officer and asked for ID at the Greyhound terminal. That was quite a jolt. A few days earlier I thought I was a bigshot at USC. Now I'm an unshaved wreck with 50 cents in my pocket. The 50 cents went for an apple just as we turned south off of I-10 in Florida. I called home and told my parents they better have a huge bag of Whoppers and fries when I arrived. Mom and dad came through. I think we supplemented with Shorty's later that night.