Updates on TaylorMade's TP Line Irons/Woods Revival? (merged)

I think everyone is really missing something. Tmag may put out some flashy stuff that is offensive to some wrxers, but they have made a ton of money since making the switch to flashier styled clubs. We really cant blame them for that, as much as just about everyone on wrx wants the players tp line to come out right now we have to understand that the tp line if and when it comes back will be for a minority of players. The average male handicap is what like 18? So we are in the minority really and should just be thankful that there is talk of it coming back because it will not be a huge money maker for taylormade in the big scheme of things. Putting racing stripes on clubs however, will make them tons.

That goes without saying, I will throw my whole bag away and go full tmag again if they bring back the tp line that we all love and miss so much, and thats coming from one of the people that laughs at everyone he see's on the range with racing stripes on their clubs...

Bag stolen...we shall rebuild!  We have rebuilt!

Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5 Miyazaki JDL

Razr Fit Xtreme 4 wood Aldila Trinity

Searching for a Hybrid

Maltby DBM 4-PW Recoil Prototype 125's

52-56-60 Cleveland Tour Van Forged Modus 120 S

Old AF TM Spider 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1380476959' post='7927979']
Let's look at TMAG's releases for the last few years with an open mind and unbiased outlook. What one single club have they produced sine the original RBZ that has kept people "up at night". Name one single club that has not been highly scrutinized for whatever reason. Or that has been highly touted by the masses as the best of it's category.

Other companies have multiple releases that are generally considered a contender to make anyone's bag if they don't have "brand bias" one way or another.

AP2
X Forged
X Hot Fairways
X Forged
MD2
913D Drivers
G25

Since the original RBZ it seems to me and others that TMAG was taken some steps backwards. I think the SLDR is very good and could be added to the list above. I have done nothing but praise TMAG since the release of the SLDR, but between the RBZ and SLDR they have been lacking. Sorry that I am telling you this and you don't agree. Many others actually do agree with me.....
[/quote]

Their clubs are "highly scrutinized" because people dislike their marketing and what they stand for, not because of the actual performance of the clubs (usually). You mention the SLDR. Take a look at the thread announcing the SLDR for example, before anyone even hit the club it was "cheap looking" and "another TM gimmick". Now its becoming an instant classic club based on performance alone.

I personally know people who would say the same good things about items like the rocketbladez, rocketbladez tour, R1, and the stage 2 line. A lot of people around here seem to have this idea that if it doesn't make THEIR bag, then it just isn't as good as what does make their bag. That's just wrong, it's simply better FOR YOU. Sure a lot of people agree with you, but unfortunately a lot of people disagree with you also, hence the expression "To each their own". Not to sound like MLK Jr. or anything haha, but people should be able to play whatever the heck they want without others having to chime in about how crappy it is. No one bag is the holy grail of the best golf equipment, just the holy grail of what works for their game.

TM Aeroburner 10.5* Stiff
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 17* Stiff
Ping G25 20* Stiff
Titleist 712 AP1 4-AW w/ NS Pro 950GH
Titleist Vokey SM5 54*F and 60*K
Cleveland Classic HB 10 Milled Putter

Personally, I enjoy nice clean lines without clutter. This thread is working to be like that as post after post seems to disappear. Todd must be moderating... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1380501233' post='7929477']
Personally, I enjoy nice clean lines without clutter. This thread is working to be like that as post after post seems to disappear. Todd must be moderating... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5i - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 620MB 6-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Taylormade Spider Tour X Double Bend

[quote name='MizunoLaxer40' timestamp='1380498791' post='7929255']
Let's look at TMAG's releases for the last few years with an open mind and unbiased outlook. What one single club have they produced sine the original RBZ that has kept people "up at night". Name one single club that has not been highly scrutinized for whatever reason. Or that has been highly touted by the masses as the best of it's category.

Other companies have multiple releases that are generally considered a contender to make anyone's bag if they don't have "brand bias" one way or another.

AP2
X Forged
X Hot Fairways
X Forged
MD2
913D Drivers
G25

Since the original RBZ it seems to me and others that TMAG was taken some steps backwards. I think the SLDR is very good and could be added to the list above. I have done nothing but praise TMAG since the release of the SLDR, but between the RBZ and SLDR they have been lacking. Sorry that I am telling you this and you don't agree. Many others actually do agree with me.....
[/quote]

Their clubs are "highly scrutinized" because people dislike their marketing and what they stand for, not because of the actual performance of the clubs (usually). You mention the SLDR. Take a look at the thread announcing the SLDR for example, before anyone even hit the club it was "cheap looking" and "another TM gimmick". Now its becoming an instant classic club based on performance alone.

I personally know people who would say the same good things about items like the rocketbladez, rocketbladez tour, R1, and the stage 2 line. A lot of people around here seem to have this idea that if it doesn't make THEIR bag, then it just isn't as good as what does make their bag. That's just wrong, it's simply better FOR YOU. Sure a lot of people agree with you, but unfortunately a lot of people disagree with you also, hence the expression "To each their own". Not to sound like MLK Jr. or anything haha, but people should be able to play whatever the heck they want without others having to chime in about how crappy it is. No one bag is the holy grail of the best golf equipment, just the holy grail of what works for their game.
[/quote]

Your last paragraph strikes a chord with me. Because I made that exact point when reviewing a set of irons that I won in a giveaway. I was very specific that it would not work for me and I even noted what type of golfer would have success with that particular iron.

Yet, we have a bunch of blind followers that look at anything other than bowing down and worshipping at the altar of the OEM as "hate." For every poster that whines about people playing blades, there are others that do not like the look at address of GI equipment. Ironically, there is a middle ground with a "player's cavity." It usually has a blade like features including less offset, a thinner sole, and a smaller topline. See DCI Oversize+ Black, RAC lt, X-14 Pro Series, etc.

For some reason, the OEMs keep going to polar extremes with ridiculous SGI or blades. What happened to that middle ground?

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1380501539' post='7929511']

AP2
X Forged
X Hot Fairways
X Forged
MD2
913D Drivers
G25

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your last paragraph strikes a chord with me. Because I made that exact point when reviewing a set of irons that I won in a giveaway. I was very specific that it would not work for me and I even noted what type of golfer would have success with that particular iron.

Yet, we have a bunch of blind followers that look at anything other than bowing down and worshipping at the altar of the OEM as "hate." For every poster that whines about people playing blades, there are others that do not like the look at address of GI equipment. Ironically, there is a middle ground with a "player's cavity." It usually has a blade like features including less offset, a thinner sole, and a smaller topline. See DCI Oversize+ Black, RAC lt, X-14 Pro Series, etc.

For some reason, the OEMs keep going to polar extremes with ridiculous SGI or blades. What happened to that middle ground?
[/quote]

Middle ground is coming back I think this year with a lot of OEMS.

The thing that is shocking is everyone is talking about the new MB this year with TMAG. People have seen it and posted on here they did. Why haven't anyone posted a pic? And how come people have only seen the MB? What about the CB? Or the MC?

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1380502029' post='7929549']
...parsed for brevity

[/quote]

The thing that is shocking is everyone is talking about the new MB this year with TMAG. People have seen it and posted on here they did. Why haven't anyone posted a pic? And how come people have only seen the MB? What about the CB? Or the MC?
[/quote]

You can make a GI iron with a deep CG without offset.
You can make a forged iron with SGI features.
You can make a cast club with the near feel of a forging with 8620.
You can make any type of club with clean lines.

The challenge to the engineers and D&C teams is to integrate all of this into a single package. RAC lt is a perfect example. You could have beginners down to single digits play it with a simple shaft change. The heads didn't launch too high or low. There was forgiveness, yet you could work the ball too. Minimal offset and clean topline and view from address. A medium sole with the ability to be played from multiple lies.

And back then, nobody was praising RAC cgb on this board. It was the opposite of your profile WRXer's type of club. Too much offset. A topline like the bumper of a 1950's Cadillac. A sole you could serve a picnic on. Lofts requiring 2 gap wedges. And way too much launch and spin even with Dynamic Gold or Project X.

Yet now, we are expected to praise the heir to the CGBs? I think not.

...and it's censored again... :rolleyes:

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1380502029' post='7929549']

AP2
X Forged
X Hot Fairways
X Forged
MD2
913D Drivers
G25

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

MB/MC will make a great combo set, that's for sure. CB looks cool too - now if I could only get pics or any info on Nike's new blades :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

haha I hate how you guys get insider info :( I gotta find an in so I can see all this new gear in advance. I'm too impatient for this.

Ping G25 20* Stiff

[/quote]

There is walking a line and crossing a line. Posts were removed that clearly crossed a line. Such as this one I brought back as an example of what is being moderated. Everyone needs to think 2x before posting.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

[quote name='Gxgolfer' timestamp='1380504284' post='7929715']
[/quote]

There is walking a line and crossing a line. Posts were removed that clearly crossed a line. Such as this one I brought back as an example of what is being moderated. Everyone needs to think 2x before posting.
[/quote]

Then may I respectfully suggest that you not make it a one way argument and delete the fanboy posts where they are whining about "haters" and all the other sycophantic diatribe that creates such responses? Given that they are also calling people names and insulting the posting base equally, should they not be held to the same standard?

I'll be happy to report a few (more) if you need examples.

In the last couple of years TMAG has come out with something that has stuck out in the market .......... First it was the original white headed driver, the R11 which was a huge success ......... then last year it's was the RBZ fairway woods which was another huge success ......... this year it was the RocketBladz irons ........ I think any OEM would give their left ( you know what ) to change places with TMAG !!!!!

More to come .............

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1380504811' post='7929779']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Then may I respectfully suggest that you not make it a one way argument and delete the fanboy posts where they are whining about "haters" and all the other sycophantic diatribe that creates such responses? Given that they are also calling people names and insulting the posting base equally, should they not be held to the same standard?

[/quote]

I have to totally agree with this ......... This thread was going great and was a good read until the usual " face paint and bucket hats " BS !!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, you may report. You are not allowed to counterbalance their responses without consequences. The escalation of hostility will not be tolerated. You have every right to offer an opinion without using certain terms to incite reactions. You clearly know how to do that as some of your posts have not been moderated in this thread.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

[quote name='MizunoLaxer40' timestamp='1380504020' post='7929697']
haha I hate how you guys get insider info :( I gotta find an in so I can see all this new gear in advance. I'm too impatient for this.
[/quote]

They are cool, sorry I can't post pictures, I would never get a sneak peak again if I did. But from my point of view, I think they look great and I have been less than thrilled with TM's direction from the past 3 years or so.

Not that they didn't make good equipment, I just wished they would have stuck with a "TP" like of forged blades, CB's that were more of a classic look rather than the route they went.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1380506772' post='7929947']
[/quote]

They are cool, sorry I can't post pictures, I would never get a sneak peak again if I did. But from my point of view, I think they look great and I have been less than thrilled with TM's direction from the past 3 years or so.

Not that they didn't make good equipment, I just wished they would have stuck with a "TP" like of forged blades, CB's that were more of a classic look rather than the route they went.
[/quote]

had to comment just for the classy way you just offered your opinion. nice to see a polite way of saying "they just weren't for me" rather than "the equipment is trash."

With that said, I'm hoping this is the players CB I've been waitin for!

Ping G25 20* Stiff

[quote name='MizunoLaxer40' timestamp='1380507282' post='7929981']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1380506772' post='7929947']
[/quote]

[/quote]

had to comment just for the classy way you just offered your opinion. nice to see a polite way of saying "they just weren't for me" rather than "the equipment is trash."

With that said, I'm hoping this is the players CB I've been waitin for!
[/quote]

If you don't mind soon-to-be-illegal grooves, go pick up a set of '04 RAC cb forgings. They were some of the best ever made. Same with the 300 forged. Too bad the USGA decided to declare them non-conforming.

[quote name='Gxgolfer' timestamp='1380505713' post='7929867']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, you may report. You are not allowed to counterbalance their responses without consequences. The escalation of hostility will not be tolerated. You have every right to offer an opinion without using certain terms to incite reactions. You clearly know how to do that as some of your posts have not been moderated in this thread.
[/quote]

Are their any rules or regulations in regards to employee(s) of equipment manufactures insulting members? It's disappointing to me that a member that is an employee of an OEM can call our members a "hater", "a joke" and essiently bully members.

On the prior page we discussed how unprofessional TMAG employees acted at Pebble, in this thread and all in others, TMAG employee(s) are engaging and insulting members. The only comparison that I can think of would be if Harry from Callaway did the same. I am sure that it would raise some eyebrows and be frowned upon.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1380512750' post='7930317']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are their any rules or regulations in regards to employee(s) of equipment manufactures insulting members? It's disappointing to me that a member that is an employee of an OEM can call our members a "hater", "a joke" and essiently bully members.

On the prior page we discussed how unprofessional TMAG employees acted at Pebble, in this thread and all in others, TMAG employee(s) are engaging and insulting members. The only comparison that I can think of would be if Harry from Callaway did the same. I am sure that it would raise some eyebrows and be frowned upon.
[/quote]
And IMO you were way off on that. I was there and the players were waiting in line for the bucket hats. Heck the mayor of Carmel wanted one.
Sorry this thread is off topic but I had to respond...

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

The Mayor himself

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

People wanted freebies?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I TELL YOU!!!!

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1380515223' post='7930415']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
And IMO you were way off on that. I was there and the players were waiting in line for the bucket hats. Heck the mayor of Carmel wanted one.
Sorry this thread is off topic but I had to respond...
[/quote]

Zach ........ This is the same old constant jab from him toward me on EVERY TMAG thread ....... I wish Richard or one of the mods would put a stop to this.
I mean he is comparing me to Harry ....... which is pretty funny

TaylorMade has partnered with the Monterey Peninsula Foundation for a hole-in-one #OneBucket challenge on the world famous par-3, No. 17, at Pebble Beach. Any player who gets a hole-in-one on 17 Thursday, Friday or Saturday while wearing a #onebucket bucket hat will receive $50,000 toward a charity of their choice, while TaylorMade will donate an additional $50,000 to the Monterey Peninsula Foundation.

all ive seen the MB, and i like

i know theres a second line but it was never confirmed if it will be a CB or MC type club. any help? essentially what i was told was "it would make a nice progression into a combo set."

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please report the post. We will escalate it to the proper extent. If someone crosses the line we will call them on it.

BST AD Help

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1380542466' post='7930931']
all ive seen the MB, and i like

i know theres a second line but it was never confirmed if it will be a CB or MC type club. any help? essentially what i was told was "it would make a nice progression into a combo set."
[/quote]
It's not nice to tease people!

Hopefully the Chinese knock offs will start being made so we can see some pre-pre-pre-release pics soon!

Zolex 0 CC "The Hammer" driver
Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

[quote name='Gxgolfer' timestamp='1380546312' post='7931103']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please report the post. We will escalate it to the proper extent. If someone crosses the line we will call them on it.
[/quote]

Thank you for the reply, as much as I hate to report anyone it seems like this might be the only option. Hopefully they stand by their posts and don't continue to delete them.

Sorry to actually post some information in this thread. :rolleyes:

Some stuff I learned today, most already known.

New TP logo looks sweet. 440cc or possibly a sub 440cc (can't remember) SLDR TP driver with the TP logo.
New TP woods and hybrids.
New MB's MC, and CB coming Dec/Jan I didn't see any pics.
New line to replace the Stage 2 woods. Playing with colors now, maybe a flat black or a burnt orange.
Might be a new colored driver in the Spring didn't say what.
Weight kit for the SLDR driver.
Look for releases to be spaced out more.
If I remember anything else I will pass it on.

Callaway Staffer

[quote name='Scott@84' timestamp='1380573865' post='7933499']
Sorry to actually post some information in this thread. :rolleyes:

Some stuff I learned today, most already known.

New TP logo looks sweet. 440cc or possibly a sub 440cc (can't remember) SLDR TP driver with the TP logo.
New TP woods and hybrids.
New MB's MC, and CB coming Dec/Jan I didn't see any pics.
New line to replace the Stage 2 woods. Playing with colors now, maybe a flat black or a burnt orange.
Might be a new colored driver in the Spring didn't say what.
Weight kit for the SLDR driver.
Look for releases to be spaced out more.
If I remember anything else I will pass it on.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

I'm looking for a new 3 wood as my G25 goes up very high. Looking for a high COR one like the X-Hot standard or 3 deep or even the stage 2.

But burnt orange? You mean the whole head is that color!?!?! WTF

TITLEIST TSR2 TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB DF3 BLK, 73°, 35", Heavy