Updates on TaylorMade's TP Line Irons/Woods Revival? (merged)

[quote name='opus_mh' timestamp='1381077508' post='7960675']
[quote name='CrushSticks' timestamp='1381067371' post='7960109']

You gotta love how people read so far into something you say, they don't even realize you weren't trying to say that.
[/quote]
So true I simply made a statement of fact. I did not trash cast wedges. If an inference was to be made its that you can make a bendable cast wedge with great design and function and somehow I'm the asshat. Now I remember why I stopped looking at this site.
[/quote]

What does your statement of fact have to do with a proposed wishlist for those that like Taylormade TP products? I like small profile deep faced drivers. I, like Stage, want an update of the Superdeep. If others see no need for such a deep faced driver, does that negate the merit of our wish?

How many Vokey loyalists complain that Japan gets a forged Vokey and we do not?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to the stage 2 fairway follow up. Love my G25 but would like a 3 wood that's just slightly deeper faced for off the tee, and one that is a very long, high COR wood. Of course, it still needs to be great off the deck, like the stg 2 Tour.

For me next year it'll be between the X 2 Hot, 913fd, or the new TM.

Driver will remain the same for me. Played a round today comparing my G25 to the SLDR on driving holes and there was just no comparison. The TM was 10 to 15 yards longer on center hits. Mishits were even between the two in distance and dispersion. I had short irons into greens all day and shot my best ever 2 over 74!

Pumped for next season!!

Show us some pics TM! Come on!!!

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 / 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB / DF3 (H)

[quote name='Instant Offense' timestamp='1381008424' post='7957833']
Martin Laird is currently putting them through their paces.
[/quote]

pga43...Greg!!! photos?

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='Instant Offense' timestamp='1381020414' post='7958503']
The rep said only a couple reps in the country have saw them. I think we are a ways away from hearing price point, stock shafts, etc...
[/quote]

Thanks to those that have seen them and can provide some description of what they have seen. The information about the iron having a "slot" is a huge descriptor and gives us a direction that TM is taking with this premium line.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

TTT

Looking forward to seeing more information about these new high tech premium TP irons!

The suspense is almost becoming a turnoff... need pics asap golf gods!!!! PM or something, good grief!

Callaway Epic Max | Mitsubishi MMT 70X
Callaway Epic Speed 15* | Mitsubishi MMT 80X
Callaway Apex Pro 18* | Mitsubishi MMT 90X
Callaway Apex 21 4-PW | Project X 6.5
Callaway MD5 Jaws 48* | TT DG S400

Callaway MD5 Jaws 54* | TT DG S400

Callaway MD5 Jaws 60* | TT DG S400
Toulon Las Vegas | SuperStroke Flatso 2.0

Pictures will not do these new high tech premium players irons justice.
One will have to hit these to realize the change in performance due to the new design.
TM Haters (other OEM fanboys) will hate! :)

Something big is coming...

Is it going to be a big year for TMAG?

I seriously might do an entire TMAG bag top to bottom.

Every day is a big year for TMAG! Get your bib out! chowtime.gif

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1381330326' post='7975413']
[/quote]

I read that same tagline on an adult DVD box.

Enough of the teasers. Put up some photos and specs, or this thread is a waste of time.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1381330457' post='7975421']

[/quote]

The want to regain their players market and re establish the TP line (obviously). I think this will be a much different TM then what we've seen the past few releases. Think of it as two sides to TM, the side that wants the average weekend golfer and will market to him as such, and the side that wants to top end player and again will market to him as a top end player.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1381331822' post='7975623']

[/quote]

The want to regain their players market and re establish the TP line (obviously). I think this will be a much different TM then what we've seen the past few releases. Think of it as two sides to TM, the side that wants the average weekend golfer and will market to him as such, and the side that wants to top end player and again will market to him as a top end player.
[/quote]
I always thought TM treated both "sides" differently-- the tour/players clubs followed the slower release schedule (like Titleist/Mizuno ), and the mass market clubs for the everyday joe (GI offerings), followed the 1/year release... Just seems that this time the TP release is taking longer than usual. Very curious to see what they do next.

Zolex 0 CC "The Hammer" driver
Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

[quote name='Rebel420' timestamp='1381332270' post='7975673']

[/quote]
I always thought TM treated both "sides" differently-- the tour/players clubs followed the slower release schedule (like Titleist/Mizuno ), and the mass market clubs for the everyday joe (GI offerings), followed the 1/year release... [size=4][color=#FF0000][b]Just seems that this time the TP release is taking longer than usual. [/b][/color][/size] Very curious to see what they do next.
[/quote]

Yes, it will be a BIG release for TM and they will have[size=5][color=#FF0000] IT[/color][/size]..... "TM Haters will hate".

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, based on the info so far, it looks like you might be right. However, in fairness, you (and pretty much everyone who TMAG hooked up late last year around the time when the Rocketbladez were emerging) did promise us big things for 2013 and look what happened (R1 crown, V2 debacle, rocketbladezier milling gate, no TP etc). In other words, for lower caps looking for stuff, not so good (before an unnecessary debate starts, let me reiterate that their stuff this year is top quality and I know lots of people loved it. I just did not and know I am not alone).

So, while I am obviously pumped for new the new wedges and irons in the TP line, I'll believe that TMAG has turned it around and is looking to capture the better player etc when I see it. I hope this happens and think it will, but I can't give TMAG the benefit of the doubt just quite yet till I try this stuff out myself.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1381333265' post='7975769']

Well, based on the info so far, it looks like you might be right. However, in fairness, you (and pretty much everyone who TMAG hooked up late last year around the time when the Rocketbladez were emerging) did promise us big things for 2013 and look what happened (R1 crown, V2 debacle, rocketbladezier milling gate, no TP etc). In other words, for lower caps looking for stuff, not so good (before an unnecessary debate starts, let me reiterate that their stuff this year is top quality and I know lots of people loved it. I just did not and know I am not alone).

So, while I am obviously pumped for new the new wedges and irons in the TP line, I'll believe that TMAG has turned it around and is looking to capture the better player etc when I see it. I hope this happens and think it will, but I can't give TMAG the benefit of the doubt just quite yet till I try this stuff out myself.
[/quote]

You do know TM has record earnings for 2013 so far right? While yes people on this site didn't like everything, they still sold product. I agree they had some missteps but it still was a big year despite what members here might perceive.

But did they achieve the sales and market share they wanted? I doubt it. That's why they are going so strong for the players market in 2014.

All I said was something big is coming. Never said its going to be a great year. Only time will tell.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1381334438' post='7975869']

You do know TM has record earnings for 2013 so far right? While yes people on this site didn't like everything, they still sold product. I agree they had some missteps but it still was a big year despite what members here might perceive.

But did they achieve the sales and market share they wanted? I doubt it. That's why they are going so strong for the players market in 2014.

All I said was something big is coming. Never said its going to be a great year. Only time will tell.
[/quote]

Come on man, you know better than to think I was implying the sales were off. It has never been and will never be my position that their tactics don't result in sales. I am not sure how many times or different ways I need to say it, but I do not and will not ever care how much product TMAG (or any golf oem for that matter) sells. It doesn't matter to me either way. And, as you pointed out in your post, whether they were number 1 may not be enough for them to be satisfied (IE, they could be number one but not meet sales goals or market share. Shareholders do not like this).

I actually care about how much I like their product, and for 2013 at least, I think it was a down year for them. Seems like there are some 2014 releases this year at least that I am very interested in, so I am pretty excited. I was just pointing out that last year a lot of TMAG "supporters" who had info were telling anyone who would listen how awesome the 2013 releases were, and then we got a driver with some strange racing stripes and a compass, and some irons that can't decide whether to go really long or really short depending on whether there is a speed slot (the tour version also could not decide whether to be milled or not). I'm not gonna be fooled again and just assume they are releasing cool stuff because others are saying it is so, that's all.

It would be really funny if [b]Scratchswinger[/b] won a full bag fitting at the Kingdom in a sweepstakes not related to GolfWRX at all.. or did that just happen? :censored2::taunt:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='MizunoLaxer40' timestamp='1377839910' post='7769949']
could you imagine a clean TP line consisting of a blade iron and a players cavity iron with TP badges? oh my. that would be irresistible.
[/quote]
Gave up on their irons after MC and MB, and all rac TP (N.Am, Japan, smokes), cant stand anything after, and truly hope they go back to a non-gimmicky players club(s) blade and/or slight cavity blade, limited plastic, clean or very tasteful badging sporting of course a simple tp logo.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

[/quote]

[/quote]

Make sure you choose the right fitter. I hear there's a guy on the East Coast that would probably love to meet you... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1381355261' post='7977585']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Make sure you choose the right fitter. I hear there's a guy on the East Coast that would probably love to meet you... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I thought that this "fitter" DIDN'T work for TMAG? OR did he? Or was that the entire problem...

[quote name='Rustynuts' timestamp='1381368495' post='7978757']
The last two years each time TM has said it's going to be a huge year next year, both have failed to materialise in our store.
[/quote]

All I can say is that our local shop sells more Taylormade gear than any other OEM out there. They have a great product at a competitive price and their customer service has always come through for any issues with equipment.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1381347512' post='7976947']
It would be really funny if [b]Scratchswinger[/b] won a full bag fitting at the Kingdom in a sweepstakes not related to GolfWRX at all.. or did that just happen? :censored2::taunt:
[/quote]

haha this better be a joke... it is, isn't it?... right?... a joke?!!

TM Aeroburner 10.5* Stiff
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 17* Stiff
Ping G25 20* Stiff
Titleist 712 AP1 4-AW w/ NS Pro 950GH
Titleist Vokey SM5 54*F and 60*K
Cleveland Classic HB 10 Milled Putter