2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro and XCG7 Drivers and Fairway Woods: In-hand pics

JGalls

[quote name='gsrjc' timestamp='1388971308' post='8405155']
[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1388949396' post='8403127']
Looks great. What was the up charge for the shafts?
[/quote]

I got them from club champion golf so it was more expensive than just a $100 up charge from say a titleist shaft request. Club champion ensures their clubs are in perfect spec and built to my swing with swing weight so when I decided to go with them to build my clubs I knew I was going to get something excellent. They get heads from the manufacturer that are in their tolerances then they pure the shafts and add whatever grip you want.

I know people have written about club champion on the forum if you're interested in reading up on them.
[/quote]

how was your experience at CLub champion in terms of the whole process and what the had to offer? I have an appointment pending....

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ExoticsGuy13' timestamp='1389063901' post='8412931']
Excited to hit my new toys. Too bad it's -11 outside today. XCG7 with Element Chrome[attachment=2010931:image.jpg]Exotics CB Pro h irons with Recoil Prototypes[attachment=2010933:image.jpg][attachment=2010935:image.jpg]
[/quote]
Where did u get your cb irons

[quote name='CHARGERS' timestamp='1389077682' post='8413997']
[quote name='ExoticsGuy13' timestamp='1389063901' post='8412931']
Excited to hit my new toys. Too bad it's -11 outside today. XCG7 with Element Chrome[attachment=2010931:image.jpg]Exotics CB Pro h irons with Recoil Prototypes[attachment=2010933:image.jpg][attachment=2010935:image.jpg]
[/quote]
Where did u get your cb irons
[/quote]From Tour Edge. This is my second year of being on staff with them. They make great stuff. Very excited to hit these.
I'm happy to order any if anyone's interested in them.

[quote name='SPIF' timestamp='1389121990' post='8416749']
Does anyone have a review of the CB Pro? I am really intrigued by this one and would love an in-depth review.
[/quote]

I purchased a 4 wood CB Pro 16.5* with the 757 Stiff Flex. I have mixed feelings about the club.

I have played Tour Edge Products since the Cb2. Mainly fairway woods. My current set up is a 13* CB4 and 18* CB2. I also have a 16.5* CB4 that I was looking to replace/upgrade.

My expectations were not to gain 15 yards over the CB4 I am playing now but I liked the smaller head of the CB PRO. The sole grind was intriging to say the least as I was hoping to get a more "hybrid like" playability off the deck.

The smaller head profile is very good, nice solid contact feel but not as "crisp/hot" as the CB2 line. It could be intimidating to a below average ball striker, but I prefer smaller headed clubs. Distance is similar the the CB4 and the sole really does make a small bit of difference. From the first cut of rough the "track marks" of the sole plate grooves are very visible. I noticed that shots you would normally not want to go after with a fairway wood from rough you can get good solid contact because of the sole plate. Distance was affected but acceptable considering the lie.

The Speeder 757 it comes with is not the same as the original Speeder 757. It may have the same bend profile but the different materials used give the shaft a different feel altogether. I seem to hit it higher than the original 757. The 661 is too light for my preference in a fairway wood and not to have any other options is not good for the consumer.

I reshafted the club with a Diamana Blue Board 83 Stiff and its much better for my game. Nice boring ballflight that gets roll, which is what I purchased this loft for. Windier conditions, and links style golf when I don't want to play a 5 wood.

All in all the head is very good. Feel is good. The sole while not traditional is nothing to laugh at. It helps off suspect lies and off the deck but won't ever be competing with a Adams Tight Lies for escapability. Dirt does not build up in the grooves.

The only downside to the club is price. $500 is just way too much to ask the consumer for. The "upgraded" 757, along with the Stich headcover and Iomic grip seems like a gimmicks to keep the price point high. This club should come in at $299 option with a inexpensive "made for" shaft option like all the manufactureres do. I contacted Tour Edge and asked for a different shaft option that was worth about $15 and the retail price was still over $400.00. I guess they are assuming the 757 should make me swallow the big price tag easier, but it doesn't as the shaft isn't want i wanted.

I had a shop credit that I used and traded in some stuff I had lying around and figured if I didn't like it I would just return it and get something else. I am definately keeping the club with the reshaft I did. I have the Cb4 with the 757 Speeder up for sale now. I would buy the 14.5 in heartbeat but not at $500.00

[quote name='LOA' timestamp='1389135161' post='8418083']
Does anyone have a review of the CB Pro? I am really intrigued by this one and would love an in-depth review.
[/quote]

I purchased a 4 wood CB Pro 16.5* with the 757 Stiff Flex. I have mixed feelings about the club.

I have played Tour Edge Products since the Cb2. Mainly fairway woods. My current set up is a 13* CB4 and 18* CB2. I also have a 16.5* CB4 that I was looking to replace/upgrade.

My expectations were not to gain 15 yards over the CB4 I am playing now but I liked the smaller head of the CB PRO. The sole grind was intriging to say the least as I was hoping to get a more "hybrid like" playability off the deck.

The smaller head profile is very good, nice solid contact feel but not as "crisp/hot" as the CB2 line. It could be intimidating to a below average ball striker, but I prefer smaller headed clubs. Distance is similar the the CB4 and the sole really does make a small bit of difference. From the first cut of rough the "track marks" of the sole plate grooves are very visible. I noticed that shots you would normally not want to go after with a fairway wood from rough you can get good solid contact because of the sole plate. Distance was affected but acceptable considering the lie.

The Speeder 757 it comes with is not the same as the original Speeder 757. It may have the same bend profile but the different materials used give the shaft a different feel altogether. I seem to hit it higher than the original 757. The 661 is too light for my preference in a fairway wood and not to have any other options is not good for the consumer.

I reshafted the club with a Diamana Blue Board 83 Stiff and its much better for my game. Nice boring ballflight that gets roll, which is what I purchased this loft for. Windier conditions, and links style golf when I don't want to play a 5 wood.

All in all the head is very good. Feel is good. The sole while not traditional is nothing to laugh at. It helps off suspect lies and off the deck but won't ever be competing with a Adams Tight Lies for escapability. Dirt does not build up in the grooves.

The only downside to the club is price. $500 is just way too much to ask the consumer for. The "upgraded" 757, along with the Stich headcover and Iomic grip seems like a gimmicks to keep the price point high. This club should come in at $299 option with a inexpensive "made for" shaft option like all the manufactureres do. I contacted Tour Edge and asked for a different shaft option that was worth about $15 and the retail price was still over $400.00. I guess they are assuming the 757 should make me swallow the big price tag easier, but it doesn't as the shaft isn't want i wanted.

I had a shop credit that I used and traded in some stuff I had lying around and figured if I didn't like it I would just return it and get something else. I am definately keeping the club with the reshaft I did. I have the Cb4 with the 757 Speeder up for sale now. I would buy the 14.5 in heartbeat but not at $500.00
[/quote]

That really was an excellent review. Honest and useful. I was torn as to whether I want to get the three wood and still am but than you. Btw I am not being sarcastic I really do like the review

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

[/quote]

[/quote]
Nice review, but I think u r missing the point of this club, its a Limited Edtion and its something different. To say the all Leather made in the USA Stitch headcover, Iomic grip and a real 757 shaft is a gimmick to keep the price up, is a little un-fair as a review. The club does come in a nice black, display box, now that might be a little over done, but I think its unique. Not everyone enjoys building out clubs, this is already to go and setup really cool and it looks awesome.
You said, "This club should come in at $299 option with a inexpensive "made for" shaft option like all the manufacturers do"
to me that's a gimmick and the total opposite of what they had in mind, IMO.
They believe in and back their equipment 100% and its refreshing to see something new and different offered and from what I've seen the club has sold very well....anyone TEE accounts out there, please chime in....
Lastly, I believe there are TEE accounts that can get heads only(not only tour issue, but retail) and you could have them build it out to your preferences and save a few dollars, if its not all your flavor
Lastly, your experiences with the launch conditions of this new 757 were the same as I what noticed on my couple shots, it did seem to launch it nicely.
Thanks for the review

[quote name='CHARGERS' timestamp='1389139383' post='8418535']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nice review, but I think u r missing the point of this club, its a Limited Edtion and its something different. To say the all Leather made in the USA Stitch headcover, Iomic grip and a real 757 shaft is a gimmick to keep the price up, is a little un-fair as a review. The club does come in a nice black, display box, now that might be a little over done, but I think its unique. Not everyone enjoys building out clubs, this is already to go and setup really cool and it looks awesome.
You said, "This club should come in at $299 option with a inexpensive "made for" shaft option like all the manufacturers do"
to me that's a gimmick and the total opposite of what they had in mind, IMO.
They believe in and back their equipment 100% and its refreshing to see something new and different offered and from what I've seen the club has sold very well....anyone TEE accounts out there, please chime in....
Lastly, I believe there are TEE accounts that can get heads only(not only tour issue, but retail) and you could have them build it out to your preferences and save a few dollars, if its not all your flavor
Lastly, your experiences with the launch conditions of this new 757 were the same as I what noticed on my couple shots, it did seem to launch it nicely.
Thanks for the review
[/quote]

I'm sorry I just don't see it that way. I am a very big fan of TEE and have purchased (6) of the Fairways/hybrids. These are the clubs that kicked my taylormade V steel and 200 Fariways woods out the bag. The performance is outstanding.

Price point is a whole different story. The fancy box, grip, headcover and shafts are upgraded products used to keep the price point high IMHO. In my case I don't have a desire for of any of those products. If I wanted to buy them let me choose to not force me too. If they want to charge a premium for the HEAD which is the actual product they are known for and selling then they should offer a discounted price without all the "extras" most golfers don't want. I just don't think if they could justify the price point at $400 with a "made for" shaft.

Let the buyer customize his shaft and grip to his own desire, thats my only gripe.

[quote name='SPIF' timestamp='1389140559' post='8418653']
LOA,

Thank you very much for the honest review. I prefer smaller heads, hence I'm giving this a real look. Can you tell me if the head appears open at address?
[/quote]

Its square/slightly open. Maybe 1*. Serioulsly its a good head and I have played all the TEE stuff.

[quote name='cashtoclose' timestamp='1389065759' post='8413183']
[quote name='gsrjc' timestamp='1388971308' post='8405155']
[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1388949396' post='8403127']
Looks great. What was the up charge for the shafts?
[/quote]

I got them from club champion golf so it was more expensive than just a $100 up charge from say a titleist shaft request. Club champion ensures their clubs are in perfect spec and built to my swing with swing weight so when I decided to go with them to build my clubs I knew I was going to get something excellent. They get heads from the manufacturer that are in their tolerances then they pure the shafts and add whatever grip you want.

I know people have written about club champion on the forum if you're interested in reading up on them.
[/quote]

how was your experience at CLub champion in terms of the whole process and what the had to offer? I have an appointment pending....
[/quote]

My experience was great. Never had anything even close to it before. At first I didn't trust everything they were doing from different shafts and heads until i took my final swings with my recommended set. Ball flight was much better and dispersion was great. What I had trouble trusting the most was the SAM putting process. Crazy how that technology shows you your putting sensitivity and repeatability. You will enjoy the whole process.

[quote name='sidarapr' timestamp='1388909894' post='8401241']
[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1385013251' post='8182276']
These are now on my short list for 2014.

I'm looking for a high COR 3-wood to replace my 906f4.

The list is now: CB Pro, XCG7 Beta, and Adams XTD Ti. I'm just hoping that I can find a CB Pro demo to hit when the time comes. I'm sure the Adams will perform, but if the TEEs come close, they will be in the bag... so clean looking.
[/quote]Mikey, any available feedback on the XCG7 Beta vs. the XTD Ti or others?
[/quote]

Yes, but not much of a comparison.

I ended up taking the XTD Ti off the list. I know that Adams makes a great club, but I just can't get over the look of the slot in the crown and, thanks to TEE, I don't have to!

I hit the XCG7 Beta and the CB Pro on the monitors at PGA Tour Superstore. They were both great, but the CB Pro fit my eye much better. Plus, it felt as solid as any fairway wood I've ever hit. I was quite impressed and was getting good numbers with the 757, but $500? It's not that I wasn't willing to pay that for a new, trusty 3-wood... I just didn't [i]want [/i]to pay that. Next thing I know, there is a CB5 in my hands for me to compare to the others. It had the clean looks, the pop and 95% of the feel that the CB Pro did, and the numbers were just as good.

When Christmas Day came around, there was a brand new 15* CB5, with Fubuki Stiff under the tree for me. I've put it into play for about 3 rounds, and 5-6 range sessions, now and couldn't be happier!

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1389141546' post='8418769']
I agree with you 100% LOA, Chargers has a point tho I think from a strictly retail point of view. Us Wrx guys are picky. Lets agree to disagree and move on.

Anyone know the price for head only? Chargers? I had no idea that was an option.
[/quote]

To my knowledge they don't sell head only. The sales department rep I emailed back and forth said if I wanted a crappy shaft the price would still be $415.00. :stink:

[quote name='LOA' timestamp='1389149314' post='8419573']
[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1389141546' post='8418769']
I agree with you 100% LOA, Chargers has a point tho I think from a strictly retail point of view. Us Wrx guys are picky. Lets agree to disagree and move on.

Anyone know the price for head only? Chargers? I had no idea that was an option.
[/quote]

To my knowledge they don't sell head only. The sales department rep I emailed back and forth said if I wanted a crappy shaft the price would still be $415.00. :stink:
[/quote]
they don't sell head only as a retail item to the public, but TEE fitting accounts can purchase heads only, to build out accordingly
does that make sense????

We (Zak and the fitters at Carls Golfland) tested all three fw metals for a review we are writing. The early report is big. Zak came into my office and said the ball speeds and dispersion numbers were unbelievable. Monsters. Zak rarely gets jacked up like he was. Looks like there will be a lot of buzz coming about these this year. He said all three had incredible numbers.

Richard

I would really like to hit the limited but when I searched online for it and saw the price, I moved on. It looks great and I am sure it performs but not at that price point. Why does it need a display box?

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1389206326' post='8423015']
I would really like to hit the limited but when I searched online for it and saw the price, I moved on. It looks great and I am sure it performs but not at that price point. Why does it need a display box?
[/quote]
Because it helps sell the Limited Edtion theme and its a nice way to display the product, pretty simple concept.
Why does an I-PHONE come in clean, white box....????

I would rather cut a $150 and have no box. Its a golf club, no use for a box. Not sure what a iphone box relates?

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1389160412' post='8420501']
We (Zak and the fitters at Carls Golfland) tested all three fw metals for a review we are writing. The early report is big. Zak came into my office and said the ball speeds and dispersion numbers were unbelievable. Monsters. Zak rarely gets jacked up like he was. Looks like there will be a lot of buzz coming about these this year. He said all three had incredible numbers.

Richard
[/quote]

Richard

Any chance of a photo from the address position showing the 3 heads side by side please. Am seriously thinking of moving away from the CB line but the size of the XCG has always been an issue

[quote name='sofla' timestamp='1389219377' post='8424421']
what about a photo of the box
[/quote]

No doubt. For all the talk of this display box, I'm curious to know what it looks like.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W