[color=#666666][size=2]GUARANTEED 20 YARDS LONGER.[/size][/color]
[color=#CC0000][size=3][b]EXOTICS XCG FAIRWAY WOODS [/b][/size][/color]
[color=#666666][size=2]20 YARDS LONGER, GUARANTEED.[/size][/color]
[color=#CC0000][size=3][b]EXOTICS XCG-3 FAIRWAY [/b][/size][/color]
[color=#CC0000][size=3][b]EXOTICS XCG-4 FAIRWAY [/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I don't think those claims are cumulative. I haven't read the fine print, but assumed they were claiming their titanium woods were 20 yards longer than a steel-faced model.
[/quote]

Read the fine print. It states that the given club is 20 yards longer than your current club, guaranteed.

TM spells it out "[color=#282828]150 mph ballspeed on robot testing for total distance versus '11 Burner and RBZ (17 yds) and RBZ and RBZ Stage 2 (10 yds)"[/color]

[color=#282828]Tour Edge's "guarantee" is that if the club is not 20 yards longer than your current fairway wood, you can return it to the retailer within 30 days and receive store credit or a refund if it is in line with the retailer's store return policy. Not much of a guarantee to me, especially since the guarantee has been on 5 of their fairway woods.[/color]

[color=#282828]Just hate for the establishment or the big boys I guess. It's just funny how TEE gets the benefit of the doubt when their claims and guarantee are shotty at best and TM gets venomous hate when they spell out exactly what robot testing shows vs another club. So basically, 1 company makes open ended claims with a guarantee that's not really a guarantee like a diet pill where "results are not typical" and people stick up for them because they're smaller and more chic, and 1 company offers actual data through testing and experimentation that says if you put 2 specific clubs on a robot with the same exact ball speed, one is exactly "this much" longer on average, but everyone says they are guaranteeing every Joe Schmoe 17 yards, which they aren't. I guess the same people hate Apple, Starbucks, Wal-Mart, etc. I'm just being objective. I don't play either club, but have owned both in the past and am completely neutral, but just wondering why the bitterness for one and blind love for another?[/color]

Cobra BC Pro w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65 TX
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* w/ Matrix Code 8x
Nike VR Pro LE 19* 5W w/ Kuro Kage 80x
Mizuno MP H4 4-PW w/ True Temper DG X100
Mizuno MP-R12 50*,54*,60* w/ DG X100
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Laguna 2

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jabroni23' timestamp='1382044800' post='8017473']
[quote name='Muddler' timestamp='1381923223' post='8009267']
[quote name='jabroni23' timestamp='1381279137' post='7973003']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1381265405' post='7971933']
^

Wrong company dawg
[/quote]
Um, no it's not dawg...straight off their site
[color=#CC0000][size=3][b]EXOTICS CB2 FAIRWAY WOODS [/b][/size][/color]
[color=#CC0000][size=3][b]EXOTICS CB3 TOUR FAIRWAY [/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I don't think those claims are cumulative. I haven't read the fine print, but assumed they were claiming their titanium woods were 20 yards longer than a steel-faced model.
[/quote]

Read the fine print. It states that the given club is 20 yards longer than your current club, guaranteed.

TM spells it out "[color=#282828]150 mph ballspeed on robot testing for total distance versus '11 Burner and RBZ (17 yds) and RBZ and RBZ Stage 2 (10 yds)"[/color]

[color=#282828]Tour Edge's "guarantee" is that if the club is not 20 yards longer than your current fairway wood, you can return it to the retailer within 30 days and receive store credit or a refund if it is in line with the retailer's store return policy. Not much of a guarantee to me, especially since the guarantee has been on 5 of their fairway woods.[/color]

[color=#282828]Just hate for the establishment or the big boys I guess. It's just funny how TEE gets the benefit of the doubt when their claims and guarantee are shotty at best and TM gets venomous hate when they spell out exactly what robot testing shows vs another club. So basically, 1 company makes open ended claims with a guarantee that's not really a guarantee like a diet pill where "results are not typical" and people stick up for them because they're smaller and more chic, and 1 company offers actual data through testing and experimentation that says if you put 2 specific clubs on a robot with the same exact ball speed, one is exactly "this much" longer on average, but everyone says they are guaranteeing every Joe Schmoe 17 yards, which they aren't. I guess the same people hate Apple, Starbucks, Wal-Mart, etc. I'm just being objective. I don't play either club, but have owned both in the past and am completely neutral, but just wondering why the bitterness for one and blind love for another?[/color]
[/quote]So, if I'm reading your comments correctly, you think the parameters TMAG has with the "[color=#282828]150 mph ballspeed on robot testing for total distance versus '11 Burner and RBZ (17 yds) and RBZ and RBZ Stage 2 (10 yds)", limited to ONLY those with 150mph ballspeeds and ONLY those playing their specific 4 clubs is better than the Tour Edge [u]guarantee[/u] of an extra 20yds over [u]what ever[/u] current fwy club [u]anyone[/u] is using, not just those with 150mph ballspeeds? TMAG is making claims, Tour Edge has the balls to guarantee the performance of their fairway woods. [/color]

Not to mention that Tour Edge has a lifetime guarantee that they stand behind. That's just shameful. :)

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='ExoticsGuy13' timestamp='1382049593' post='8017953']
^

Wrong company dawg
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]So, if I'm reading your comments correctly, you think the parameters TMAG has with the "[color=#282828]150 mph ballspeed on robot testing for total distance versus '11 Burner and RBZ (17 yds) and RBZ and RBZ Stage 2 (10 yds)", limited to ONLY those with 150mph ballspeeds and ONLY those playing their specific 4 clubs is better than the Tour Edge [u]guarantee[/u] of an extra 20yds over [u]what ever[/u] current fwy club [u]anyone[/u] is using, not just those with 150mph ballspeeds? TMAG is making claims, Tour Edge has the balls to guarantee the performance of their fairway woods. [/color]
[/quote]
And judging by my experience with their FWs, I'd wager to say their claims are very real for most golfers. I've picked up almost 10 yards with the CB4 over the already very long Super LS that I was gaming in a stronger loft.

CALLAWAY GBB - 9* Aldila Rogue I/O 60 X
TEE E8 Beta - 13* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
TEE CBX hybrid - 16* HZRDUS 6.0
TEE EX9 Tour hybrid - 18* Recoil 780 ES S
WILSON FG Tour V4 - 4-P DG Pro S
TITLEIST Vokey SM6 - 52.12 F
Indi Golf Stingray TT 58*
EXOTICS DG-v 1.2

[quote name='ExoticsGuy13' timestamp='1382049593' post='8017953']
^

Wrong company dawg
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct...how does Tour Edge have "the balls to guarantee" when the guarantee is you can bring the club back to the retailer only if the retailer has a return policy that allows for a full refund or store credit? I'm just saying that one says in testing, under specific conditions, they produced specific results. No where do they promise or guarantee something like so many of you are claiming they are doing. The other one says they guarantee something so vague that isn't really a guarantee because it has to be in line with the retailers return policy.

It's like one diet pill saying that they testing x amount of people and here is the average of each and every person's weight loss. No guarantee behind their product, but just that this is the extent of how much it worked for these people in their testing.

The other one says "take our pill and we guarantee you'll lose 50 pounds". It doesn't matter if you weight 110 pounds or 310 pounds, just they guarantee you'll lose 50 pounds. And if you don't lose 50 pounds, you can bring the bottle back to the retailer for a full refund or store credit, if that retailer allows people to bring back empty bottles for a full refund or store credit.

I'm just saying...Tour Edge makes a good club, but if TM produced the same exact clubs that produced the same results, but then offered the same "guarantee", some of you would be marching on the Capitol. Then if Tour Edge made a club saying that club a vs club b under controlled conditions produced this specific result, then Tour Edge would be the honest, realistic manufacturer where TM would be making general, open-ended, unsubstantiated claims that they can't back up.

A posted about said he picked up 10 yards and is happy. That's not what the guarantee says. I can tell you that I had huge gains with an RBZ Tour 3W, and was much longer than any TEE 3W I've ever hit, but that's just for me.

Reebok was involved in a law suit and was ordered to pay $25 million because their shoes do not tone ones body as much as they advertise. No guarantees that said if you're not 50% more toned, you can bring them back to Foot Locker and if Foot Locker allows people to bring back shoes after 30 days and normally gives those people a full refund or store credit, you can bring them back.

Again, no one is bashing the product. No one has to defend the product. It's just 1 claims on a scale of 1-10, their club is guaranteed to be a 10, but many say they're happy when they've found it to be a 7. The other says their club is a 7 out of 10, but everyone is going nuts because it really is a 7 out of 10 and are these same people are falsely saying that the company is guaranteeing their club is a 10.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1382132475' post='8023343']
I see someone who came into this thread with an agenda. That is as far as I will go from there.

I wish I could see some pics of the new hybrid. I have a TEE 2 hybrid but would like a 4 or 3.
[/quote]

No agenda, just trying to understand hate for TM, that's all.

Lol marketing just like everyone else.....

xcg 3,4,5 to me are very similar....but thats fine cause they are ridiculous...had all adams, rbz, xhot pro etc etc....end up right back where I left off....my xcg3 was getting pretty beat up so have shiny one now!....lol

I need a 5 wood...may check out xcg7 or even 6 in different shaft than hd6....or even a xcg 5 like 3 wd....prolly like $70

Whoa. Does that say CB Pro "h"?

[quote name='ExoticsGuy13' timestamp='1382207824' post='8026909']
Look at what I've been swingin ! [attachment=1918103:image.jpg]
[/quote]

Srixon Z355 - Miyazaki
Taylormade V-Steel 4-wood
Taylormade V-Steel 7-wood
Adams CB3 - KBS Tour 90
Wilson Staff FG TC 56/60
Yes Callie - bunch of lead tape on the bottom

[quote name='ExoticsGuy13' timestamp='1382231372' post='8028367']
CB Pro h $599.99 in steel shafts(ProjX, KBS, TT Xlite 90) available 11/1 last I heard
[/quote]

Are they forged like their predecessor? How does the size (topline, sole and face) compare to other player's CBs on the market? I have to say, I'm very interested at that price with the shaft options.

CALLAWAY GBB - 9* Aldila Rogue I/O 60 X
TEE E8 Beta - 13* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
TEE CBX hybrid - 16* HZRDUS 6.0
TEE EX9 Tour hybrid - 18* Recoil 780 ES S
WILSON FG Tour V4 - 4-P DG Pro S
TITLEIST Vokey SM6 - 52.12 F
Indi Golf Stingray TT 58*
EXOTICS DG-v 1.2

I'll say this, I play and have played forged clubs for the last 15 years old so and the TE irons I hit this summer ( both the cast and forged offerings) would fool anyone. I was particularly shocked by the cast set. Aside from ease of adjusting the loft and lie you would loose nothing and save some dollars compared to the big names.

Full shots to knockdown shots they performed fantastically.

Wonder how the Limited Edition 3 wood would react after hitting off a hard FW or compact dirt? Would hate to ruin the sole but TEE had to think of shots like that before than made those wave lines correct? Would like to try the FW out against my XHP when they are released.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='Huntster' timestamp='1382673996' post='8055075']
[quote name='federerfan23' timestamp='1382553145' post='8046825']
Just received my XCG7 Beta driver today. Taking it to the monitor tonight.
[/quote]

Guessing it didn't work out for you? Since it is already on the bst.
[/quote]

LOL, that made me 'laugh out loud', literally.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W