2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Brandel reappears on Golf Channel

This is like a soap opera, its gets better and better, Who shot JR ,
Woods is a "bully" I must admit i never even though of it in that context . But he has had 2 intresting free drops from lost balls over the years long after 5 minutes was up . Now makes me wonder was Fred Ridely afraid to approach him after the round at the masters. Anyway enough of my thoughts, It appears that Woods suffers from "selective alzheimers " as diagnosed by Kelly,,,example forgetting what rule to drop under, Other evidence is "rules are rules" when asked about the schoolboy getting the slow play penalty from John Paramor, Same John who he ranted about when Tiger and Harrington were put on the clock not so long ago ( Harrington should be given a 2 shot penalty before he goes out he is that slow ) Suggestions that he went on a rant over the ball moving at the BMW, maybe he does need pills to calm him down

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383255686' post='8085420']

Bad analogy.

Lets make a better one.

[i]A book critic who has a history of highly personal, negative reviews of Rowling's work makes an off-handed accusation ---in the NYTs book section---that she PLAGIARIZED large sections of the final book in the Harry Potter series. ...and of course doesn't put up a scrap of evidence to back up his accusation. [/i]

NOW, tell me that JKR laughs it off...and doesn't coming looking for the guy's head on a pike.

[i][b]I don't think so. [/b][/i]
[/quote]

Not sure your analogy is any better, because based on the very limited fact pattern you've set out above JK Rowling might actually have a viable case against the critic. The same can't be said of TW wrt BC's comments.

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383255302' post='8085390']

No, I'm simply being realistic...and you are romanticizing.

Because if you listen to the people who are actually inside the ropes on tour, they're pretty much singing the same song I am. That most people do their best to play by the rules...but the rules are complicated, and the players trying to police themeslves are fallible.

The only issue here is that you want to insist "If I didnt' see it, it didn't happen."

Whereas I'm saying it happens, whether or not anyone is around to see it. The Sun doesn't rise simply because the rooster crows.

...and rules violations don't wait around for someone with a camera to document them.
[/quote]
Rules are complicated for who Kelly ? hit it find it and hit it again,,how complicated can that be, and as for inside the ropes gossip,,,No names, talk is cheap, like Brant Sneds,,,if you ain't naming. keep your foot in your mouth, He is the one who should be hauled over the coals

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383256003' post='8085444']

As a single individual, you're right.

But then look at this post...and all the people who are willing to take this accusation---as baseless as it is from a rational point of view---and run with it.

THAT is what Woods going after. It's easier to prevent something like this from getting started, than it is try to deal with it after it has gained momentum.

Which is why they always tell people dealing with scandals to "get out front" of it...rather than hang back and react.
[/quote]

Kelly, there is nothing to get out in front of. That's the point. By filing a suit, it simply draws more attention to the topic.

Libel is to publish in print, writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.

[url="http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1153"]http://dictionary.la...x?selected=1153[/url]

Slander, is oral defamation. Whether someone wants to chase that is another subject, as it's costly to prove.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1383256062' post='8085454']
Woods is a "bully" I must admit i never even though of it in that context . But he has had 2 intresting free drops from lost balls over the years long after 5 minutes was up . Now makes me wonder was Fred Ridely afraid to approach him after the round at the masters. Anyway enough of my thoughts, It appears that Woods suffers from "selective alzheimers " as diagnosed by Kelly,,,example forgetting what rule to drop under, Other evidence is "rules are rules" when asked about the schoolboy getting the slow play penalty from John Paramor, Same John who he ranted about when Tiger and Harrington were put on the clock not so long ago ( Harrington should be given a 2 shot penalty before he goes out he is that slow ) Suggestions that he went on a rant over the ball moving at the BMW, maybe he does need pills to calm him down
[/quote]
Oh for crying out loud...where on earth do you get this stuff from, anyway? Wherever it is, it makes the National Enquirer look like The New York Times......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nochct1' timestamp='1383248974' post='8084862']

But you are a John Daly fan?
[/quote]

Who said I was a Daly fan?

Since you asked, I will give you my Daly history. I had just started playing golf when he came on the scene. Like every other southern boy golfer, I fell in love with him. Soon after, I became a purist and didn't like him at all, thought he was bad for the game, etc., just like I do your boy now.

I have the avatar because I think it is a funny picture.

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383256003' post='8085444']

As a single individual, you're right.

But then look at this post...and all the people who are willing to take this accusation---as baseless as it is from a rational point of view---and run with it.

THAT is what Woods going after. It's easier to prevent something like this from getting started, than it is try to deal with it after it has gained momentum.

Which is why they always tell people dealing with scandals to "get out front" of it...rather than hang back and react.
[/quote]
Kelly behave, What BC said has no bearing at all on the fact that people believe Woods cheated, The same people believed he cheated months ago, Like somehow this was "news", be real.

[/quote]

Who said I was a Daly fan?

Since you asked, I will give you my Daly history. I had just started playing golf when he came on the scene. Like every other southern boy golfer, I fell in love with him. Soon after, I became a purist and didn't like him at all, thought he was bad for the game, etc., just like I do your boy now.

I have the avatar because I think it is a funny picture.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1383256895' post='8085530']
he is that slow ) Suggestions that he went on a rant over the ball moving at the BMW, maybe he does need pills to calm him down

Oh for crying out loud...where on earth do you get this stuff from, anyway? Wherever it is, it makes the National Enquirer look like The New York Times......
[/quote]

Lately I think the NE has more cache than the NYT. :-)

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1383257133' post='8085556']

352,,,what stuff ?
[/quote]
All the stuff in your posts as above....your reply to kg that Woods is a cheat? All of it? All the stuff you've been feeding us about Woods, who, you insisted until just now, you have never accused of cheating? Where do you come up with it? Like I said, it makes National Enquirer look like the NY Times.

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1383257392' post='8085566']
[quote name='Body_Visions' timestamp='1383257178' post='8085558']
[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383250451' post='8085004']
[/quote]

Which goes to show you that his objection isn't to the [i]"what[/i]", but to the [i]"who."[/i]
[/quote]

This question is answered above. I hope it doesn't ruin your image of me.
[/quote]
Wasn't that the same Daly the PGA suspended for bringing the game into disrepute ? :)
[/quote]

The question is answered above, guys.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1383257533' post='8085572']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1383256895' post='8085530']
[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1383256062' post='8085454']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lately I think the NE has more cache than the NYT. :-)
[/quote]
I'm Canadian, so I don't keep up with it. if memory serves, NE is a gossip rag, The NYT provides reliable jornalism?
But anyway, at least you got the point......

[quote]

[size=4][b]Who said I was a Daly fan?

I have the avatar because I think it is a funny picture.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

There it is again, quoted for you guys.

[quote name='rafal' timestamp='1383173682' post='8080552']
They really did want to make Brandel fired and hurt to the fullest. Amazing.

Given such reaction, I believe TW is afraid. Before I learned about it I thought he'd just laugh it off.

I mean....it was a blog article on a WEBSITE! Holy crap!
[/quote]

Interesting comment about Eldrick(508) being afraid. Expand on that thought if you will.

[quote name='mrt99' timestamp='1383255742' post='8085422']
[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383255020' post='8085368']Oh yes they did...and yes they were.
[/quote]

In my initial read, I missed this bit. Care to explain how BC's remarks were libelous? And please refer to the actual law, not your personal opinions/feelings/emotions.
[/quote]

[url="http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1153"]http://dictionary.la...x?selected=1153[/url]

If you want to have this discussion then you should read the rest of my posts. Which I stated that BC probably managed to stay within the law, given that TW is a public figure. So TW would have to prove malice, in addition to the comments untrue and defamatory. It would be a steep hill to climb as far as burden of proof...and in the end TW would very likely not win the case.

However this situation is as much about the law as a wars are about weapons.

What is going on here is an exercise of power where one human being is compelling other human beings to do things that they don't necessarily WANT to do. So the issue is not what the person asserting dominance WILL do, but what those being pressured THINK he MIGHT do...and the consequences if they miscalculate.

As a purely rational exercise, filing a lawsuit in a situation like this is a poor risk-benefit exercise.

But last time I checked, human beings are not purely rational creature. You can anger someone ---if you go after them on an identity-level issue---to the point where reason goes out the window, and it simply becomes a matter of all-out war. Just look at any bad divorce. So his opposition has to be concerned whether they had angered Tiger to that point.

Even if Tiger did file a suit and did not win, he could still inflict considerable damage on the reputation of GC and TGC...and bleed BC dry on legal fees. Since niether of the deeper pockets here seem to be in any hurry to step up and defend what he did.

Lastly---even if it didn't come to a point where the lawyers got involved---just simply a COLD WAR with an angry TW, could cost GC and TGC financially. Hard to be a major force in golf media when the game's pre-eminent figure refuses to give you the time of day.

Which is why GC lost no time in running away from BC like he was on-fire...and TGC frog-marched him out into an on-air apology/retraction.

PIng G25 8.5/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping Rapture 13*/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping G25 19*/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping S55 (3-PW)/ PX 6.5
Ping Tour Gorge 54* and 60*
Odyssey 2-ball Versa, 34"

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1383257577' post='8085578']

All the stuff in your posts as above....your reply to kg that Woods is a cheat? All of it? All the stuff you've been feeding us about Woods, who, you insisted until just now, you have never accused of cheating? Where do you come up with it? Like I said, it makes National Enquirer look like the NY Times.
[/quote]

Ok in what post do I say he cheated, The stuff I fed you, you can find on the net for yourself. if you talking "incidents" they are all there, I have no idea if he cheated or not, The whole thing is a joke, As some guys describe playing with him " Its a circus" and they actually enjoy getting away from it. can you blame Woods for that, well I suppose yes he has to atke some blame, but not all. and if he got ruilings he should not have, the guys who gave him those rulings are 100% to blame and should get kicked out

Reasonable people's petition:

We agree:

1) That the Tiger Woods Abu Dhabi and Masters Rules violations could not possibly have been cheating (intentionally violating the rules and hoping to get away with it) since in Abu Dhabi Woods openly discussed his conduct with a fellow competitor prior to putting his dropped ball in play and at the Masters openly discussed his conduct with the press after he had already temporatily escaped prosecution. No reasonable possibility of cheating here folks, move on.

2) That while the drop at 14 at TPC Sawgrass might or might not have been correct and might or might not have been devious -- neither we nor BC have any way of knowing. And none of the people who actually were there on the tee in a position to clearly observe have claimed that they know for sure that the drop was incorrect. And Tiger's fellow competitor, who is the only official voice on the matter, and who was there, says Tiger dropped correctly.

3) That the BMW ball move may or may not have been observed by Tiger. He said he didn't see it move. No one can say for sure that he did.

4) BC was playing fast and loose with "the rules of ethics" when he implied that based on the above Tiger was a cheat.

5) If BC wrote that Tiger did a bad job with the Rules this year, everyone would have agreed, probably even Tiger.

6) If in fact Tiger has not cheated, he has every reason to be very upset with BC.

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1383257392' post='8085566']

Wasn't that the same Daly the PGA suspended for bringing the game into disrepute ? :)
[/quote]

..and has been arrested for domestic abuse. Had a wife serve time in federal prison for drug trafficking. Has been arrested for trashing hotel rooms in drunken rages, and for public drunkenness. As well as having been suspended from the Tour for starting a fist-fight in the parking lot at an event after he kept hitting into the group in front of him.

The same guy who has a reputation for bailing out on rounds he isn't playing well. Deliberately hitting balls into hazards so he can pocket appearance money, and leave. Faling to post scores....and deliberately hitting a moving ball in the middle of a round at a US Open. A violation so aggregious that Tom Kite was left speechless, and the USGA threatened to ban him from ever competing in the US Open again if he didn't publicly apologize.

The same player whom his peers deeply resent because he never takes responsibility for his actions, never cleans up his act...and basically conducts himself as an overgrown child, who refuses to deal with his addiction.

....and is generally seen as one of the most phenomenal WASTE of talents in the history of the Tour.

Need I go on...or have I made my point.

Ping S55 (3-PW)/ PX 6.5

[quote name='Sawgrass' timestamp='1383258099' post='8085618']

We agree:

1) That the Tiger Woods Abu Dhabi and Masters Rules violations could not possibly have been cheating (intentionally violating the rules and hoping to get away with it) since in Abu Dhabi Woods openly discussed his conduct with a fellow competitor prior to putting his dropped ball in play and at the Masters openly discussed his conduct with the press after he had already temporatily escaped prosecution. No reasonable possibility of cheating here folks, move on.

2) That while the drop at 14 at TPC Sawgrass might or might not have been correct and might or might not have been devious -- neither we nor BC have any way of knowing. And none of the people who actually were there on the tee in a position to clearly observe have claimed that they know for sure that the drop was incorrect. And Tiger's fellow competitor, who is the only official voice on the matter, and who was there, says Tiger dropped correctly.

3) That the BMW ball move may or may not have been observed by Tiger. He said he didn't see it move. No one can say for sure that he did.

4) BC was playing fast and loose with "the rules of ethics" when he implied that based on the above Tiger was a cheat.

5) If BC wrote that Tiger did a bad job with the Rules this year, everyone would have agreed, probably even Tiger.

6) If in fact Tiger has not cheated, he has every reason to be very upset with BC.
[/quote]

I'm good with that.

Ping S55 (3-PW)/ PX 6.5

[quote name='Sawgrass' timestamp='1383258099' post='8085618']

We agree:

[/quote]
Not unreasonable points Sawgrass

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383258513' post='8085644']

..and has been arrested for domestic abuse. Had a wife serve time in federal prison for drug trafficking. Has been arrested for trashing hotel rooms in drunken rages, and for public drunkenness. As well as having been suspended from the Tour for starting a fist-fight in the parking lot at an event after he kept hitting into the group in front of him.

The same guy who has a reputation for bailing out on rounds he isn't playing well. Deliberately hitting balls into hazards so he can pocket appearance money, and leave. Faling to post scores....and deliberately hitting a moving ball in the middle of a round at a US Open. A violation so aggregious that Tom Kite was left speechless, and the USGA threatened to ban him from ever competing in the US Open again if he didn't publicly apologize.

The same player whom his peers deeply resent because he never takes responsibility for his actions, never cleans up his act...and basically conducts himself as an overgrown child, who refuses to deal with his addiction.

....and is generally seen as one of the most phenomenal WASTE of talents in the history of the Tour.

Need I go on...or have I made my point.
[/quote]

yes he has problems, as a lot of people have who are addicted to the bottle as you should well know and as for Wife and Drugs and prison, I am sure every wife is to blame for her husbands deeds and vis versa, you could have left that out, not relevent,,That said not exactly what Golf wants, Just as I said earlier Sneds making a statement about people cheating,,,not what golf wants, and I would suspend him as well for bringing the game into disrepute, unless he names names

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1383258094' post='8085616']

Ok in what post do I say he cheated, The stuff I fed you, you can find on the net for yourself. if you talking "incidents" they are all there, I have no idea if he cheated or not, The whole thing is a joke, As some guys describe playing with him " Its a circus" and they actually enjoy getting away from it. can you blame Woods for that, well I suppose yes he has to atke some blame, but not all. and if he got ruilings he should not have, the guys who gave him those rulings are 100% to blame and should get kicked out
[/quote]
Ok...since the post to which I was referring is suddenly no longer there, I withdraw the part where I said you called TW a cheater.
I know where to find the stuff on the net. I just don't believe most it.

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1383248381' post='8084808']

1. Please see my earlier post about Simon Dyson's situation.

2. What Tiger Woods does in his private life is none of my business. I've known PLENTLY of people who are terrible spouses...but ethical in their professional life...and plenty of people who are faithful spouses, who would cheat their own grandmother out of her house in a business deal. The world isn't that black-and-white.

3. Your suspicions say more about you, than they do about him. No disrespect intended. I tend to be more circumspect and thoughtful in my assessment of people and situations. Sometimes I'm right. Sometimes I'm wrong. But I'm never unfair or impulsive.

4. Yes, BC had every right to say whatever he wanted. Just like we ALL have the right to say whatever we want....[b][i]as long as we are willing to live with the consequences of our actions. [/i][/b] As my brother likes to call it....[i]The Grown D*mn Man Principle. [/i]

Unfortunately---as many people find when they insist upon exercising that principle---BC is finding out that no one is obliged to tolerate whatever you choose to say without complaint...and the consequences for mouthing-off in an irresponsible manner can be quite painful.

...and potentially expensive.
[/quote]

Here's what you say in #3 above:

"3. Your suspicions say more about you, than they do about him. No disrespect intended. I tend to be more circumspect and thoughtful in my assessment of people and situations. Sometimes I'm right. Sometimes I'm wrong. But I'm never unfair or impulsive.

Then you say this:

"From where I sit, a truly REASONABLE person wouldn't assume that other pros aren't making similar rules violations, simply because there isn't a camera around to catch it."

So aren't you sort of picking and choosing when it is OK to be suspicious and when it is not OK? (double standard city) For someone who is "thoughtful and circumspect" isn't that second statement sort of reckless? I mean, you think all pros violate the rules; all (like Tiger) have had 4 distinct and separate rules issues during a very limited schedule in one season? For a guy like Kuchar, as much as he plays, he might have like 10??

Something doesn't add up. You may have aced English but your street logic is in the toilet. No disrespect intended.

Valhalla, I am coming!
Drums beating, cold English blood
runs hot.
they just can't kill the beast

[quote name='mrt99' timestamp='1383253551' post='8085256']

Can you please stop talking about a lawsuit? Nobody took the threat of a lawsuit seriously, if for no other reason than the words of Chamblee were clearly not libelous.
[/quote]

please read the twitter exchange that bc has deleted....there's your lawsuit

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/921893-chambleetiger-woods-controversy-merged/page__st__960#entry8047197"]http://www.golfwrx.c...60#entry8047197[/url]

[u]** question to bc[/u]

45]
Posted ImageMark H @Destingolfer23 Sep
[b]@chambleebrandel [/b]@OfficialNSS....[b]so u think he intentionally cheated.[/b]
Expand

[u]** answer from bc[/u]

45]
Posted Image[b]brandel chamblee @chambleebrandel[/b]23 Sep
@Destingolfer @OfficialNSS [b]yes I do.[/b]

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour