2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

UPDATE 2014: Titleist Pro V1 vs. Pro V1X vs. Bridgestone B330 vs. B330-S vs. B330-RX vs. B330-RXS

backtees

[quote name='FullOfBrushMan' timestamp='1396821348' post='9033539']
Thanks to this thread, I ditched the ProV1s for B330s.

Went to a local Par 3 course and chipped it in for birdie twice. Every shot I felt I had more feel and spin to my liking than the ProV1 and Prov1x. The control is unreal around the greens.
[/quote]

Thats my feeling, too: the CONTROL is much superior compared to the Pro V1. No anomalies or "runaways" with the Bridgestones, very predictable and controllable.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1397631249' post='9102379']
Thats my feeling, too: the CONTROL is much superior compared to the Pro V1. No anomalies or "runaways" with the Bridgestones, very predictable and controllable.
[/quote]

No doubt.

There were several issues I had with ProV1s like you mentioned in your review. Bridgestone B330s is my new ball. Had another chip in yesterday, the control is really good and I can get the spin/roll I want when I want it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've switched to the B-330 and B-330S from the Titleist offerings as well. Mostly I've been hitting the 330S, but I want to try some more 330. I was a ProV1 guy all through high school and college. Only since I got a membership and started playing every weekend did I look for a more economical ball. I had a friend who had bought some 330S and let me have a sleeve last summer. He swore by them. I HAVE NOT LOOKED BACK! The Bridgestones can be found for cheaper and are a better ball for me than the ProV1 and ProV1x.

Now you Srixon guys have got me interested in their balls as well. I'll say this, the Titleist marketing is the best there is. They make you think they are the only option for a low handicapper, but I must say I just don't believe it now. Bridgestone makes the best ball I've ever played ... and I'm hoping a Srixon may make me second guess that statement as well.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to thank the OP for this review. Being new to the game, I thought Titleist was the end all, be all golf ball. Started out with the NXT Tour and worked my way up to the Pro V1. That was until I tried a B330-RX and I was hooked on B-Stones. As I was reading this post, I was nodding my head with everything the OP said about the RX. However, now I'm super pumped to try out the B330-S.

Also, I enjoy the fact that Bridgestone balls are made in USA. Thanks again OP for putting forth such a thorough write up.

G410 LST 9* w/ Small Batch HZRDUS Green 70 6.5
G425 Max 14.5* w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
818 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX
TM UDI 18* w/ Tensei Pro White 100TX
0311T w/ Nippon Modus 5-PW 3 120X
SM8 50F, 54S and Wedgeworks 58V w/ Nippon Modus 125X
Tour Issue Spider Tour Black
2019 ProV1

[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1397631249' post='9102379']
[quote name='FullOfBrushMan' timestamp='1396821348' post='9033539']
Thanks to this thread, I ditched the ProV1s for B330s.

Went to a local Par 3 course and chipped it in for birdie twice. Every shot I felt I had more feel and spin to my liking than the ProV1 and Prov1x. The control is unreal around the greens.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. I find the best control is the consistency of the B330 and B330S. No strange spins like a back off the green or check and release guessing like the ProVs.

I have fallen in love with the entire B330 line up this season. I tried them all out, and was blown away with all of their performance. I have decided on sticking with the standard B330 for its straight line distance and good response around the green. Truth be told my favorite of the four is the RX. I love how it is a rocket off the tee, and has a beautiful solid feel off my Scotty putter, without being Callaway "clicky". I am only gaming the B330 because it spins more around the green. I have not played the new RX balls though, can anyone tell me if they have gotten any better around the greens?

Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana D+
Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

Fantastic review! Thank you for the time and effort.

For the B-330 series, what model year are they please?

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Ive been using the 330 S for a little while now, and this excellent review was what first got me interested. I tend to go back and forth between the pro v1X and the 330S.
I think the pro v1X is a tad longer with the driver, maybe 3- 6 yards, but I much prefer the feel of the 330S. I think the 2014 330S is definitely a little longer than the 2013 model, but I tend to think that the 2013 330 is longer and better performing than the 2014 330.
I still much prefer the feel and workability and extra distance I get with the 2014 330S over the 2013 version.
Would be interesting to hear others opinions of the 2013 to the 2014.

I have been playing the RZN Black's (super long, longest ball I have played) so far this season. I really like them except for the fact that I lose a little green side control. I bought a sleeve of PV1x just for the heck of it this past weekend, and I was really amazed at how much a better a ball it is in regards to control. But I saw the B330's are going for 22/dz for the 2013 model, thinking about stocking up on those after reading the review.

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

Thanks very much for this review, it was just what I need to slap myself into sense and go back to Bridgestone!

Having used the B330-S many years ago I changed to the Penta TP and Z-Star when they respectively went on sale. After mixed success I bought a dozen 2014 B330-S and am very glad I did. Long, penetrating flight with great feel and ideal spin qualities - these are a great all-round ball.

Titleist TSi3 8* - MCA Diamana 'ahina 70-X
Titleist TS2 13.5* - Project X HZRDUS HC 75-S
Titleist 913 Hd 17* - Aldila Tour Green 85-S
Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW - Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Mizuno T20 50/54/60 - Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie

Titleist Pro V1

[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1385910852' post='8232552']
Hi folks!

Over 4 months I tested the premium balls from Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x) and Bridgestone (B330, B330-S, B330-RX, B330-RXS) and it’s a pleasure to share the outcome with you.

About me:[list]
[*]In my early 40s, from Europe (Switzerland), HCP 4
[*]Avg. driver SS 103 mph, avg. driving-distance 265 yards, avg. distance 8-iron 160 yards
[*]Strength: iron play, short game. Weakness: definitely wood 3 from the deck
[*]I would describe myself as a „feel-player“
[/list]
Test environment:[list]
[*]About 10 session on the range and practice area
[*]A dozen rounds on different courses with different layouts in the US and Central Europe
[*]On course I played mostly all balls side by side
[*]Conditions during the on-course testing covered it all : dry / wet, high humidity / low humidity, high temperatures (90F plus) / low temperatures (60F), sun baked and fast fairways / soaked fairways, shaved greens / blunt greens, courses at sea-level / courses at 1800 feet
[/list]
[b]Feel[/b]

[i]Remark: This is very subjective of course, just like art. I tried to describe how it felt hitting / putting the ball, how I felt I was able to compress the ball.[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] With one word: Pro V1! Great feel, not too hard, not too soft. Very smooth and a pleasure to hit. Unique of his kind.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Noticeably firmer than all the other balls tested aside here as it is the ball with highest overall compression. Comparable to Callaway Tour I, Nike One Tour or to the Srixon Z-Star ZV.

[u]B330:[/u] Comparable to the Pro V1 and the B330-S but not exactly as soft as them. Nevertheless a very pleasant and confidence-inspiring feel. Taylor Made TP3 or TP5 comes to mind.

[u]B330-S:[/u] Very soft and pleasing with all clubs. It feels like it merges with the clubface for the split of a second and gives the impression of more control. Somewhere in between the Callaway Tour i(S) and the Srixon Z-Star and not too far from the Pro V1.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] Together with the RXS the softest ball due to the lowest overall compression. Comparable to Callaway HEX Chrome, Taylor Made Burner TP or Nike One Vapor Speed. Nice.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Great feel and as soft to play as the ultra smooth Wilson FG Tour but also as some of the better 2-piece balls like the Srixon AD-333.

[b]Putting[/b]

[i]Remark: Blade putter with no insert.[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] Simply a delight to putt this ball. So soft and responding truly. Like a hot knife going through butter and confidence inspiring.

[u]Pro V1X: [/u]When hit purely this ball accelerates greatly and rolls like on rails, ignoring pitch mark and goes for the hole.

[u]B330:[/u] Almost as soft and true as the Pro V1. But not as long. It seems like you have to push her a bit more than the Titleists which doesn’t have to be a bad thing as it is a question of practicing and getting used to that. And a slight advantage on very fast greens.

[u]B330-S: [/u]No big difference to the B330 – a pleasure to putt this ball. True roll.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] Tremendously soft and fantastic to putt with no clickiness at all. Very true roll and holds the line perfectly. One of the most confidence-inspiring to putt with.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Same as for the RX – just great. This ball is hunting for the hole.

[b]Chipping[/b]

[i]Remark: Chipping with PW and iron 8. Different shots from 5 to 20 yards[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] Spins and checks beautifully. But not always – to repeat the same shot again and again was harder than with all the other balls in this test. A bit unpredictable, mainly for bump and run.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Clearly less spin than the Pro V1. A disadvantage for hop & stop shots but easier to control for bump and runs when landing the ball a few yards in front of the pin and let her roll to / in the hole.

[u]B330:[/u] She behaves great around the green. Not as spiny as the Pro V1, B330-S or B330-RXS, of course, but easy to play all kind of different shots. More the kind of ball to rolls to the hole.

[u]B330-S:[/u] This is where the B330-S shines. If you want her to land and check, she does. If you want her to bump and run, she does. Much more predictable than the Pro V1.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] Clearly the ball with the least spin of all. She is landing, bouncing 2-times and then rolls softly toward the hole. That ball plays differently than the other ones (exception B330).

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Very comparable to the B330-S, though a touch softer and with a bit less spin, it seems. A pleasure to chip with.

[b]Bunker[/b]

[i]Remark: Sandwedge 56* and lobwedge 60* from 8-15 yards. Very comparable results as for the chipping-sessions.[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] When hit purely a simply marvelous hop-hop-check. But again she’s a bit unpredictable every now and then with a hop-hop-roll which didn’t encourage me to aggressively attack the flag at the far end of the green.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Two hops, a very short roll and stop. In a funny way she behaved a bit ”heavy” and “inert”, but in a very positive sense. Like the force of gravity was higher. Therefore very easy to control and calculable. Lovely!

[u]B330:[/u] Comparable to the Pro V1X – a bit of spin, some roll and check.

[u]B330-S:[/u] Easy to controll. Lots of spin for close pins and the ability to let it roll when there’s plenty of green to work with. I hit her with a lot of confidence.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] With more green to work very easy to play. She lacks spin for the really short and close pins which were not so easy to play.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Comparable to the B330-S – she runs when you want her to run and hop-hop-stops when you want her to freeze.

[b]Pitching[/b]

[i]Remark: from 40-100 yards with LW, SW and GW[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] Outstanding and great stopping power, she checks quickly and generates a remarkable amount of backspin. Sometime more than requested and she was running back a few yards to front of the green.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] For me the right amount of spin as the ball comes to rest close to the pitch-mark. The perceived higher density of the ball allowed her to rest sooner than others.

[u]B330:[/u] As for the Pro V1X the B330 generates good spin to hold on fast greens, too.

[u]B330-S:[/u] Plenty of spin, for sure, but not as excessive as the Pro V1 and therefore easier to control. She always came to rest within 3 foot close to the pitch mark. Always.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] The ball with the fewest spin of all. She behaved well, but as I had some troubles to generate enough backspin she was running out a yard or two on sun baked and fast greens. No issues as for that on normal / soft greens.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Comparable to the B330-S – plenty of spin but she does not exaggerate it and the ball comes to rest close to the mark of impact. Nice!

[b]Irons[/b]

[i]Remark: Shots with iron 6 to 8 from the fairway and first cut.[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] High ball-flight with lots of spin. A great ball to shape shots and a delight to attack the pin as she checks almost immediately. A bit of sidespin and she lands where you definitely don’t want her to rest. Ok in windy conditions.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Mid-launching she’s a lovely ball to go (straight) for the green with the irons. Pin point accuracy. Behaves great in windy conditions.

[u]B330:[/u] Comparable with the Pro V1X. Straight shots are done easily and the ball is very predictable. Even on slight miss hits she flew dead-straight to the target with almost no loss of distance.

[u]B330-S:[/u] Very solid. The ball flight is very predictable and even with an iron 6 you go for the pin without fear as she will hold even fast and hard greens. Easy to shape the ball and with fewer risk compared to the Pro V1 that spin might excess and that she becomes unmaneuverable.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] A nice mid to high ball flight. But as for pitching it cannot be expected that she stops very close to the pitch mark but runs out a bit.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Comparable to the B330-S but with a softer feel, of course. She gets high, lands steep on the green and comes to rest quickly and close to the pitch mark with a bit of backspin.

[b]Woods / hybrids[/b]

[i]Remark: Shots from the tee, fairway and first cut with 19* hybrid, 3- and 5-wood.[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] The ball departs higher than the others and lands softly. It is great fun to attack greens from a lager distance or to lay up for attacking the green with the next shot. The Pro V1 holds the green perfectly. Technically impure executed shots are penalized with unpleasant surprises and she might get wet or dirty or lost quicker than others.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Maybe the area where the X glares the most. It seems that with the higher swing speeds of hybrids and woods she releases her entire energy. With a boring trajectory and good amount of spin the ball darts towards the landing area to stop on the green within few yards from the pitch mark.

[u]B330:[/u] Again, very comparable to the Pro V1X. Outstanding performance in the wind and absolutely sufficient stopping-power on the green. I had to get used to the fact that the B330 is longer than the others and overshot the green two or three times. Not a bad thing when you get some extra yards on a long par 4.

[u]B330-S:[/u] A mid-high trajectory, a remarkable but not excessive amount of spin to stop quickly, paramount in windy conditions and easy to shape left or right. She has all the positive aspects of the Pro V1 but is less vulnerable to technical impure executed shots.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] Due to lower spin the ball flies easily, safely and mainly straight on a mid trajectory towards the target. I never had the feeling that something could go wrong hitting this ball with woods and hybrids. The downside is that she needs room to roll out after landing and shot-shaping isn’t as easy as with the other balls. The safest go-to ball during my testing.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Comparable to the B330-S she starts higher than the others (except Pro V1) and with a good and sufficient amount of spin to hold the greens more than well. In windy conditions the RXS performs smartly. Distance wasn’t an issue but she’s shorter than B330, B330-S or Pro V1X.

[b]Driving[/b]

[i]Remark: 10.5* driver. Over here in Europe accuracy, fairway-hits and bringing the ball into play is often more important than sheer length as the fairways are narrower and the rough definitely lives up to its name (see British Open – you definitely do not want your drive to land in the knee-deep thicket….)[/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] Medium-high ball flight, good distance, o.k. roll. Easy to work to ball but reacts also undesirably strong on (unwanted) fades/slices, draws/hooks such as for wind. Not the longest ball as her core-qualities shine closer to the pin.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Lower launch than the Pro V1 due to lower spin. Long. By far longer than her sister and she holds the line very good. A huge amount of roll, mainly on hard fairways. Relatively easy to control and cuts through the wind nicely.

[u]B330:[/u] Mid launch and low spin means this ball is really long and straight and easy to control. . The longest of all balls in the test. Not the easiest ball to shot shapes but that’s not what she’s made for. Cuts through the wind like a blade.

[u]B330-S:[/u] Higher launching than the B330, she stays in the air really long, holds her line and delivers great distance. Definitely longer than the Pro V1 and if not playing on superfast tarred fairways also a tad longer than the Pro V1X due to longer carry. Wind wasn’t an issue.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] More a mid-level launch with long carry and a not to bad roll. Distance wise on par with the Pro V1. Behaves fantastic in windy conditions and flies ruler-straight to the target.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] Higher launch than the B330, RX or Pro V1X, comparable with the B330-S. Easy to work the ball with no issues in windy conditions and barely vulnerable to sidespin. Not quite as longs as the B330 but close to the B330-S.

[b]Durability[/b]

[i]Remark: To be fair I kept in mind that tour balls with an Urethane cover for a softer feel and more spin are not as durable as Surlyn-covered distance balls. [/i]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] Some visible wear with woods and irons but my re-sharpened Taylor Made RAC TP wedges chew on her and shred off some of the cover.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] Same as for the Pro V1 but with less damage.

[u]B330:[/u] No shredding or shearing or peeling off. Only slight visible wear.

[u]B330-S: [/u]No shredding or shearing or peeling off. Only slight visible wear.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] No shredding or shearing or peeling off. Only slight visible wear.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] No shredding or shearing or peeling off. Only slight visible wear.

[b]Overall[/b]

[u]Pro V1:[/u] A ball like a very powerful sports car with manual gear change. With a decent and mature technique as well as sufficient experience and know how to drive her she’s performing excellently. Not the longest but when going for the green she really shines. But she’s a bit itchy every now and then, unforgiving when hit poorly and penalizes you immediately and harder than the others. In the feel department not in a class on her won but probably the best. Durability is still not really convincing.

[u]Pro V1X:[/u] A kind of overall-feel-good-ball, mainly for a player with a swing speed above average which allows releasing her cumulative energy. Really long off of the tee, confident-inspiring from the fairway and on approaches, with a good amount of spin attacking the green as well as around it and comfortable and reliable to putt with. Feel-wise the “hardest” ball, yes, but still enjoyable. Durability is quite o.k.

[u]B330:[/u] Simply put: The longer, softer, more durable and less expensive alternative to the Pro V1X. A great ball.

[u]B330-S:[/u] Long from the tee with great feel and response, superb but not exuberant spin and workable and durable. The B330-S convinced me in every single area, excels in the short game doesn’t show any weakness and great durability.

[u]B330-RX:[/u] An easy to hit and long almost-tour-level ball for a wide range of amateurs. You cannot go wrong with this ball when you do not want / cannot handle too much spin and if your game is not fully achieved yet. Maybe a tiny bit pricy for what she delivers but she seems to last forever and as long as she won’t get lost playable the entire season.

[u]B330-RXS:[/u] The softer and spinier version of the RX, the smaller sister of the B330-S. Very good distance off the tee, great accuracy and with superb abilities around the green. On the green there’s something magical with this ball as she comes with an inbuilt magnet. Great durability.

[b]Conclusion[/b]

Titleists Pro Vs might have been the reference and high-flyer for a decade or so. But there are new kids on the block and the Bridgestones really deliver. The most pleasant aspect: with all Bridgestones there’s not trade-off between feel and durability and with the S-models I do not have to give up spin for distance vice versa.

Not having a distinct brand preference [u]I made my decision and the Bridgestone B330-S found a permanent place in my bag[/u] as she performs greatly and suits my game best:[list]
[*]Long from the tee
[*]Long and straight but still workable with woods, hybrids, irons and wedges
[*]Superb but not excessive and therefore controllable spin
[*]Versatile and predictable around the green
[*]True rolling combined with great feel on the green
[*]Mid-high trajectory for longer carry
[*]Admirable in windy conditions
[*]Soft feeling and responsive with all clubs
[*]Extremely durable
[*]Less cost-intensive than the Pro Vs
[/list]
Interestingly the Bridgestone technician at their B-Fit chat recommended me this ball, too, when I contacted them after my tests. And this despite the fact that my driver swing speed is slightly below the 105 mph recommended for this ball.

[b]Update 12/12/2013 – Ball Compression / Cover Softness [/b]

As I posted above “feel” is an important factor during my ball selection. So I was surfing the net to find out more regarding overall compression and cover softness of the different balls and how they interrelate.

As a reference I took the Pro V1, indexed with 100 for compression & 100 for cover softness. All other balls are directly related to the Pro V1.
Example: Ball X 95 / 107 means ball X has a 5% lower compression and 7% higher cover softness.

And here are the results (without final guarantee, of course, as I refer to second hand data):

Pro V1: 100 / 100

Pro V1X: 113 / 100

B330: 106 / 100

B330 S: 105 / 99

B330 RX: 88 / 104

B330 RXS: 88 / 98

As you can see the cover softness of all balls is very comparable, only the RX is a bit less soft.

Regarding compression the Pro V1X is significantly harder than all other balls, B330 and B330S are a wee bit harder (or less soft) than the Pro V1 while RX and RXS are dramatically softer than all other balls.

I hope my review was interesting and look forward to hearing about your experience or to answer any of your questions.
[/quote]. Fantastic Review! Thank you for an unbiased assessment of these balls....

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

I have been a regular Pro-v1 guy for a while now and just used the new 330s tonight. I was blown away! The feel was much more true throughout the bag, the distance was superior...

Bridgestone knocked these out of the park!

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

[quote name='mpflynnjr' timestamp='1405359153' post='9698195']
this write up was back on december 2013, so these couldnt be the new hydro core reviews correct?

any chance we can get a update reveiw on these? probably already a forumn on this.

im assuming the b330s are ligit and want to try them.
[/quote]

True, this were the 2013 Bridgestone - in the meantime I added my impressions for the 2014 models.

[quote name='ashortgame' timestamp='1406451951' post='9793899']
Ive been using the 330 S for a little while now, and this excellent review was what first got me interested. I tend to go back and forth between the pro v1X and the 330S.
I think the pro v1X is a tad longer with the driver, maybe 3- 6 yards, but I much prefer the feel of the 330S. I think the 2014 330S is definitely a little longer than the 2013 model, but I tend to think that the 2013 330 is longer and better performing than the 2014 330.
I still much prefer the feel and workability and extra distance I get with the 2014 330S over the 2013 version.
Would be interesting to hear others opinions of the 2013 to the 2014.
[/quote]

I compared the 2013 to the 2014 models during 5-6 weeks now and updated my review: In conclusion: a great evolution of all models of the B330 Series.

The two numbers that don't make sense to me is for the RX And RXS

They have the same compresion at 12 % less than a PV1
The RX is listed at 4 % more higher cover softness than a PV1
The RXS is 2% less cover softness than a PV1

If the RXS is a softer spinner version of the RX, why is the RX cover 6% softer than the RXS ?

Slightly more confused than usuall.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

This is a very nice write up and review, so thank you for taking the time. It's good to see so many balls included in the study. :read:[size=4] [/size]

I really want to like the B'stone balls, but by the time I get used to a particular version a new release appears. I wish they would iterate less frequently. The 2008 3-piece version of the B330-S was a fantastic ball for me - it disappeared from the face of the earth and hasn't really been improved on IMO. But maybe now it is time to give the 2014 version a spin.

[quote name='KARL M' timestamp='1407935050' post='9923439']

If the RXS is a softer spinner version of the RX, why is the RX cover 6% softer than the RXS ?

[/quote]

The lower the number, the softer the compression or cover.

RX cover is 104 and RXS cover is 98, so the RXS has a softer cover.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Thank you for this review!

Tried the RXS yesterday and I was extremely satisfied. For me, its 15 yards longer compared to TM Lethal with driver and about 1 club longer on irons. Usually drive it 235 but getting 250 consistently. Only negative thing is that I couldn't stop the ball and had 3-7 yards of roll out. The lethal I have no problem with one hop and stop 150 yards and in.

I'm an 8hcp, 95-100mph SS, low spin player. Driver is usually very high ball flight & irons are mid to low.

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1408538111' post='9971555']
[quote name='KARL M' timestamp='1407935050' post='9923439']

[/quote]

The lower the number, the softer the compression or cover.

RX cover is 104 and RXS cover is 98, so the RXS has a softer cover.
[/quote]

I would have thought the same thing, but based on what the original report said and I quote-----
"As a reference I took the Pro V1, indexed with 100 for compression & 100 for cover softness. All other balls are directly related to the Pro V1.
Example: Ball X 95 / 107 means ball X has a 5% lower compression and 7% higher cover softness.

Based on the original report the 104 softness would be 6% higher than the 98 softness cover.

So, either the numbers are incorrect or the wording from the OP is incorrect.

When I was in a Dicks last weekend I checked out the prices of the 330's Which were about $ 45 next to them were 2012 model of PV1's at $ 40

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1