Chattanooga Golf

BG5

On 11/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, Minarets said:

Birmingham are significantly better. 

Birmingham has amazing public golf, to me. That is a very inexpensive and underrated golf trip spot especially if you ignore the RTJ courses there. 

Nashville public golf.....yes, it has some major drawbacks. The main one, to me, is that you can't online book on the municipal golf courses. If you could, that would alleviate my main gripe which is that i just have to show up to Harpeth Hills as a single and cross my fingers. Finding somewhere to practice is a joke. I think the following golf courses are "playable" and in decent shape in somewhat of a particular order:

Value Courses ($50 or less)

Harpeth Hills (good value, good layout, horrible booking/customer experience)

Greystone (love love greystone generally but it is waaay out)
Montgomery Bell (also in Dickson but one of my favorite walking golf courses anywhere in greater Nashville, can play a bit tight in some places)
Henry Horton (45 minutes south but has amazing greens for a public course and also a nice walk)

Legacy (it is a hike but generally worth it)
Ted Rhodes (quirky layout, again booking is difficult)
Percy Warner when it comes back online will be interesting if it isn't completely jammed up which it usually is

Old Fort (m'boro is a long way to go)
Nashboro Village (not my favorite and not walkable but will do in a pinch and you can usually get a tee time on the weekend)

McCabe (personally I like mccabe for what it is, extremely basic golf but I wouldn't try to convince people it is great or anything)
Smyrna (just barely makes it as a course of last resort)
Nashville National

Twelve Stones

Shelby

Country Hills

Pebble Brook

Pine Creek

Resort/Expensive Courses

Hermitage Presidents (probably my favorite course in Nashville if money is no object)
Hermitage Generals (good course to walk)
Gaylord (almost always in good shape, pretty wide open)

Towhee (in Spring Hill and has a funky layout but usually in good shape and can get tee times there)
Franklin Bridge (gotten VERY expensive for what it is and is generally booked UP all the time)

• Like 2

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

7 minutes ago, vandyfan said:

Birmingham has amazing public golf, to me. That is a very inexpensive and underrated golf trip spot especially if you ignore the RTJ courses there. 

Nashville public golf.....yes, it has some major drawbacks. The main one, to me, is that you can't online book on the municipal golf courses. If you could, that would alleviate my main gripe which is that i just have to show up to Harpeth Hills as a single and cross my fingers. Finding somewhere to practice is a joke. I think the following golf courses are "playable" and in decent shape in somewhat of a particular order:

Montgomery Bell (also in Dickson but one of my favorite walking golf courses anywhere in greater Nashville, can play a bit tight in some places)
Henry Horton (45 minutes south but has amazing greens for a public course and also a nice walk)

Percy Warner when it comes back online will be interesting if it isn't completely jammed up which it usually is

Nashboro Village (not my favorite and not walkable but will do in a pinch and you can usually get a tee time on the weekend)

McCabe (personally I like mccabe for what it is, extremely basic golf but I wouldn't try to convince people it is great or anything)
Nashville National

Twelve Stones

Shelby

Country Hills

Pebble Brook

Pine Creek

Resort/Expensive Courses

Hermitage Presidents (probably my favorite course in Nashville if money is no object)

Towhee (in Spring Hill and has a funky layout but usually in good shape and can get tee times there)
Franklin Bridge (gotten VERY expensive for what it is and is generally booked UP all the time)

I agree with this. 

Birmingham is great for golf, public and affordable private.

I love Greystone, it's just far out. Harpeth is a mess, you never know what you will get, plus the first hole, is garbage. lol

McCabe, I can't stand, it's a firing range, balls flying everywhere, but it's a good place to practice going low! Hermitage/Gaylord are too expensive for what they are. 

Good luck finding a place to practice in Nashville. The best place is Legends Par 3. I love it, but it's a hike.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kobe123 said:

More than welcome to come play anytime. The course really puts you down, I'll tell you that. I enjoy the par 3 course more than anything.

I will be there Saturday. 

I'll hit you up in the Spring....my season is "over" until sometime after the first of the year.  And I agree, as Beautiful of a course Oldestone is, you better be on because it will eat your lunch in a matter of seconds.  Fastest greens I've ever played (super true, but super fast), the rough literally a foot off the fairway would swallow golf balls and don't even start talking about the heather grass 🥺.  Played one of the worst rounds of my life the only time I played it.

• Haha 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

4 hours ago, vandyfan said:

Nashville National

Twelve Stones

Shelby

Country Hills

Pebble Brook

Pine Creek

Resort/Expensive Courses

This is pretty spot on. You must live on North side based off some comments tho. 🙂
I live in Franklin so some of those are my preferred locations.   You mentioned Old Fort ( they are closing this spring to redo the greens) but might want to try Indian Hills. Probably 10 minutes further away and very good shape as of late.  
Indian Hills, old, Fort, Henry Horton, Greystone, and Towhee, the most. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

3 hours ago, kobe123 said:

I agree with this. 

I love Greystone, it's just far out. Harpeth is a mess, you never know what you will get, plus the first hole, is garbage. lol

McCabe, I can't stand, it's a firing range, balls flying everywhere, but it's a good place to practice going low! Hermitage/Gaylord are too expensive for what they are. 

Good luck finding a place to practice in Nashville. The best place is Legends Par 3. I love it, but it's a hike.

I agree with most of this as well. Love the Little Course though. Wish Belmont and all the little kids would find somewhere else though., selfishly, of course  

5 hours ago, kobe123 said:

More than welcome to come play anytime. The course really puts you down, I'll tell you that. I enjoy the par 3 course more than anything.

I will be there Saturday. 

Got to play there this year, early September.  My word, that was some course.  I have never been in a situation where I didn't think an extra club wouldn't get me around the green from the rough, until I played there.  It took us a while to play because we were looking for our balls in the rough a ton.  We played the one ups and it was a brute.  I want to say #13 is the hole you don't want to be front right when the pin is front left?

Are you familiar with Belle?

53 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

Got to play there this year, early September.  My word, that was some course.  I have never been in a situation where I didn't think an extra club wouldn't get me around the green from the rough, until I played there.  It took us a while to play because we were looking for our balls in the rough a ton.  We played the one ups and it was a brute.  I want to say #13 is the hole you don't want to be front right when the pin is front left?

Are you familiar with Belle?

Yes, belle has rode in the cart with many times.

13 is a par 3...I'm not sure what hole you're referencing, but, I'm sure I've been wherever you're referring to.

Olde Stone is a beast, I shot 67 -6 at Mammoth Dunes this year only to shoot 85 at Olde Stone within a week. LOL!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, kobe123 said:

Yes, belle has rode in the cart with many times.

13 is a par 3...I'm not sure what hole you're referencing, but, I'm sure I've been wherever you're referring to.

Olde Stone is a beast, I shot 67 -6 at Mammoth Dunes this year only to shoot 85 at Olde Stone within a week. LOL!

Belle hopped into one of ours, and when we told the backshop kids, they thought she had gone missing.  Seems no one knows who she belongs to.

Think it's 12 looking at the satellite view.  Shortish par 4, big downhill off the tee, and the green has about half of a football team buried in the front.  I did well to put it to 12 feet putting over it.

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

Belle hopped into one of ours, and when we told the backshop kids, they thought she had gone missing.  Seems no one knows who she belongs to.

Think it's 12 looking at the satellite view.  Shortish par 4, big downhill off the tee, and the green has about half of a football team buried in the front.  I did well to put it to 12 feet putting over it.

That's number 14. Drivable par 4.

Belle is a pure soul.

11 hours ago, kobe123 said:

That's number 14. Drivable par 4.

Belle is a pure soul.

Isn't 14 the one with water?  I'm referring to the hole with the fairway that actually connects to the previous hole's fairway(about 200 yards down), and has rocky outcropping along the right side for a bit, and then more of the same on the right side of the green.

image.png.f0579c96516afc3777c5986d117d0ea6.png

Isn't 14 the one with water?  I'm referring to the hole with the fairway that actually connects to the previous hole's fairway(about 200 yards down), and has rocky outcropping along the right side for a bit, and then more of the same on the right side of the green.

image.png.f0579c96516afc3777c5986d117d0ea6.png

Oh, you are talking 12. It's not super short, about 450 from the tips. It's just downhill and fairway slopes right to left. I usually aim in the gap (way up by start of cart path).

I love this hole, it's the prettiest hole on the course, IMO. I've birdied this hole quite a few times. It's pretty easy if the pin is in the front anyway, but if it's in the back left, it is tough.

2 hours ago, kobe123 said:

Oh, you are talking 12. It's not super short, about 450 from the tips. It's just downhill and fairway slopes right to left. I usually aim in the gap (way up by start of cart path).

I love this hole, it's the prettiest hole on the course, IMO. I've birdied this hole quite a few times. It's pretty easy if the pin is in the front anyway, but if it's in the back left, it is tough.

The downhill part is what made it seem short.  I know I had a short iron from out of the brush near the rocks on the right.  I just got on to the front right part of the green, and had to go over the hog's back at the front to get to the pin on the left side.  Absolutely loved that course.  A girl from my course who plays at a D1 school has played qualifiers and the US Junior girls there, and she raved about it for a long time.  I got to play it and she was right.

The downhill part is what made it seem short.  I know I had a short iron from out of the brush near the rocks on the right.  I just got on to the front right part of the green, and had to go over the hog's back at the front to get to the pin on the left side.  Absolutely loved that course.  A girl from my course who plays at a D1 school has played qualifiers and the US Junior girls there, and she raved about it for a long time.  I got to play it and she was right.

Hardest course I've ever played.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 12:43 PM, kobe123 said:

I agree with this. 

Do you have any more info about the legends par 3 practice facility? I've noticed the Learning Center down there, and supposedly the adult pass is $320ish for a year, and it says it includes all of the following: Unlimited Little Course Green Fees, Special Member Range Discount, 10% Discount on Golf Shop Merchandise Purchases. I wasn't sure how much the "Special Member Range Discount" really came out to, but i'm more than happy to pay for balls if there are at least nice greens/wedge greens to hit in to.

I've been struggling to find a cost effective place where I can go and work on all parts of my game. As of late it's been taking the hike all the way out to the Harpeth Valley Golf Center just to hit balls ($15 ish a trip) or run over to McCabe for their chipping green which is always packed. And don't even get me started on putting... Finding pure greens is a chore. Wish I had the $ to just go all in and become a member, but don't we all haha.

Edited by etodd

Gear Junkie / Professional Shanker

WITB

Driver: Titleist Tsr3 8° (B2/H1) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s (68g) - MCC+4 - 45"

3 Wood: Titleist Tsr3 15° (A1/T1) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s (78g) - MCC+4 - 43"

3 Hybrid: Titleist Tsr3 19° (A1/T1) - Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s (85g) - MCC+4 - 40.75"

Utility: Srixon ZX MkII 18° (STD) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff (107g) - MCC+4 - 39.5"

Irons: Fourteen TB7 4-PW (22°-44°) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 115 Stiff (119g) - MCC+4 - STD

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw (49/54/59) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Wedge (122g) - MCC+4 - STD

Putter: PING WRX Anser 30 'Proto' (Carbon/Patina/360g/2.5°/70°) - PLD Composite Shaft - Super Stroke 2.0 PT - 34.5"

On 12/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, etodd said:

Do you have any more info about the legends par 3 practice facility? I've noticed the Learning Center down there, and supposedly the adult pass is $320ish for a year, and it says it includes all of the following: Unlimited Little Course Green Fees, Special Member Range Discount, 10% Discount on Golf Shop Merchandise Purchases. I wasn't sure how much the "Special Member Range Discount" really came out to, but i'm more than happy to pay for balls if there are at least nice greens/wedge greens to hit in to.

I've been struggling to find a cost effective place where I can go and work on all parts of my game. As of late it's been taking the hike all the way out to the Harpeth Valley Golf Center just to hit balls ($15 ish a trip) or run over to McCabe for their chipping green which is always packed. And don't even get me started on putting... Finding pure greens is a chore. Wish I had the $ to just go all in and become a member, but don't we all haha.

Kobe’s mention down below are pretty spot on. The great thing is, if you do the membership for the course, in addition to the practice facilities, you can sneak out and play three, six, or nine hole loops as it’s all pretty condensed. Although it’s a par three course, the green complexes are just like legends, next-door, and a quite a challenge. We used to do the membership with my boys every year, and I used to that frequently. That said, not sure how crowded it is, in the summer, they do a number of junior camps which slow play down.

You could always buy a range pass at Harpeth Valley, they offer something along the lines of unlimited balls, I just can't remember the price. I know if you hit a bunch of balls it will pay for itself. 

The issue is, the putting green is not good and neither is the wedge facility.

I always practiced with @Minarets at Legends in the summer, then I hit balls on the warm days in the winter at Harpeth Valley.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kobe123 said:

You could always buy a range pass at Harpeth Valley, they offer something along the lines of unlimited balls, I just can't remember the price. I know if you hit a bunch of balls it will pay for itself. 

The issue is, the putting green is not good and neither is the wedge facility.

I always practiced with @Minarets at Legends in the summer, then I hit balls on the warm days in the winter at Harpeth Valley.

I think I looked into it and just a range membership at Harpeth VGC is $900 for the year so it's almost more cost effective to just pay $15 for a large bucket every time you're wanting to hit (unless you hit 3+ times a week, which I don't). I may go twice a week at most, so yes it could save me $ if I hit 48/52 weeks, and honestly with the weather it's more like 38/52 weeks. I think I'd rather pay ever so slightly more over the long term and be able to hit at different ranges instead of driving 30-45 mins out to Bellevue depending on traffic.

It's pretty much the same distance to get down to Legends, but i'd be willing to pay a little yearly fee for better chipping and putting greens. Just have to weigh my options. I need to find me a buddy that brings me on some private courses until I can afford to just become a member myself haha. 

Someone needs to find some land semi close to Oak Hill and gather some investors for an outdoor Trackman range with 50+ bays. I'd pay out the wazoo for something like that and I think it would make the Nashville golf "practice" scene so much better. Literally TopGolf, but with stats for actual golfers. Teaching pros on site, wedge range portion, putting greens, etc. 

Edited by etodd

WITB

Driver: Titleist Tsr3 8° (B2/H1) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s (68g) - MCC+4 - 45"

3 Wood: Titleist Tsr3 15° (A1/T1) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s (78g) - MCC+4 - 43"

3 Hybrid: Titleist Tsr3 19° (A1/T1) - Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s (85g) - MCC+4 - 40.75"

Utility: Srixon ZX MkII 18° (STD) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff (107g) - MCC+4 - 39.5"

Irons: Fourteen TB7 4-PW (22°-44°) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 115 Stiff (119g) - MCC+4 - STD

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw (49/54/59) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Wedge (122g) - MCC+4 - STD

Putter: PING WRX Anser 30 'Proto' (Carbon/Patina/360g/2.5°/70°) - PLD Composite Shaft - Super Stroke 2.0 PT - 34.5"

5 minutes ago, etodd said:

I think I looked into it and just a range membership at Harpeth VGC is $900 for the year so it's almost more cost effective to just pay $15 for a large bucket every time you're wanting to hit (unless you hit 3+ times a week, which I don't). I may go twice a week at most, so yes it could save me $ if I hit 48/52 weeks, and honestly with the weather it's more like 38/52 weeks. I think I'd rather pay ever so slightly more over the long term and be able to hit at different ranges instead of driving 30-45 mins out to Bellevue depending on traffic.

It's pretty much the same distance to get down to Legends, but i'd be willing to pay a little yearly fee for better chipping and putting greens. Just have to weigh my options. I need to find me a buddy that brings me on some private courses until I can afford to just become a member myself haha. 

Someone needs to find some land semi close to Oak Hill and gather some investors for an outdoor Trackman range with 50+ bays. I'd pay out the wazoo for something like that and I think it would make the Nashville golf "practice" scene so much better. Literally TopGolf, but with stats for actual golfers. Teaching pros on site, wedge range portion, putting greens, etc. 

Look into the Hideout Club, they have trackmans/teachers/etc. I believe Steven Boo/Errol/and Josh Bevell are there, but I would bet it's more pricey than you're wanting to spend on a monthly membership.

$900/15 = 60 buckets to break even. 

I could do that... not including taxes obviously. 

Would kill for a Fairways and Greens facility like they have in Knoxville.  Place is awesome.  When I’m in town I usually pay for the “member for a day” for like $20. 

2 ranges on grass , 2 putting greens with different grasses, covered area with heaters for winter, chipping area with a deep sand bunker and a more typical bunker, 3 hole par 3 course over water that has multiple tees and flags so you loop it and not need the same clubs every shot. 

then they have an indoor facility for lessons, fittings and stuff like that.  Has a bar in it too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minarets said:

Would kill for a Fairways and Greens facility like they have in Knoxville.  Place is awesome.  When I’m in town I usually pay for the “member for a day” for like $20. 

2 ranges on grass , 2 putting greens with different grasses, covered area with heaters for winter, chipping area with a deep sand bunker and a more typical bunker, 3 hole par 3 course over water that has multiple tees and flags so you loop it and not need the same clubs every shot. 

then they have an indoor facility for lessons, fittings and stuff like that.  Has a bar in it too. 

I've been there quite a few times. I agree 100%. That type of facility would do numbers in Nashville for the golf community. Maybe I have a business venture in my future haha. 

• Like 1

WITB

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 12:34 PM, vandyfan said:

Nashville National

Twelve Stones

Shelby

Country Hills

Pebble Brook

Pine Creek

Resort/Expensive Courses

Not a fan of Twelve Stones?  I think I might actually prefer it to Greystone but certainly the drive to Dickson plays a large part in that.

Might add Long Hollow GC in Gallatin to the list.  It is public and actually a well taken care of and fun layout.  They have a short range though.

I have not been out to Legacy after they redid their range this summer.  Pretty sure they installed more mats and redid all the grass teeing area.  It might even accidentally have a light or two on it.  May not matter though as they were dispensing balls (and they were rough last time I was there) from the pro shop.

Pebble Brook is another course that is a hike for me (from my house not work).  I did not care it though when I played it this summer.  The greens were in bad shape, some had sink holes or something going on.

I haven't played Nashville National since it was called Through the Green at Highland Rim or something like that.  About all I recall is there were some holes down along a creek that I didn't mind and there was a drop shot par three that was obnoxious.

1 hour ago, smashdn said:

Not a fan of Twelve Stones? 

Conditions have been very spotty the last few times I was there but it has some good/great holes. Unfortunately it has the worst hole I have played anywhere Nashville (#14 that goes straight up hill like 150 feet). But I find #15 - #18 (though #16 is exceptionally tight) memorable and there are some cool elevation changes and a variety of "looks" off the tee. For me it is not in the same breath as Greystone but I am not trying to change your opinion here. That's the beauty of golf course design! Usually can get a tee time and affordable but I have had my fill with 12 stones unless this recent redesign brings about a new commitment to course conditions. I live 5 minutes from Harpeth Hills and I think it does everything 12 Stones tries to do a little better. 

Nashville National, I haven't played there in over a year and half so maybe they have spruced it up but it has a lot of elevation and, therefore, gets a lot of runoff into the fairways and other areas that seem like they never dry out. It is also very tight and a lot of short, funky holes. Hopefully they fixed the green on #3 because it is a disgrace. The positives are it is fairly affordable and you can usually get a tee time there. 

Lest anyone think I hate tight courses (they are not my favorite truth be told), I generally enjoy my walks out at Montgomery Bell and that place can play NARROW in some spots. 

Have never played Long Hollow! Will have to check that out. Looks open-ish from fly over view, range looks like it 250-275 yds long. Sadly, I could hit every club in my bag on that range. 

image.png.a2e8c063e2bdecfbc350afd538562418.png

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 2:02 PM, vandyfan said:

Conditions have been very spotty the last few times I was there but it has some good/great holes. Unfortunately it has the worst hole I have played anywhere Nashville (#14 that goes straight up hill like 150 feet). But I find #15 - #18 (though #16 is exceptionally tight) memorable and there are some cool elevation changes and a variety of "looks" off the tee. For me it is not in the same breath as Greystone but I am not trying to change your opinion here. That's the beauty of golf course design! Usually can get a tee time and affordable but I have had my fill with 12 stones unless this recent redesign brings about a new commitment to course conditions. I live 5 minutes from Harpeth Hills and I think it does everything 12 Stones tries to do a little better. 

Nashville National, I haven't played there in over a year and half so maybe they have spruced it up but it has a lot of elevation and, therefore, gets a lot of runoff into the fairways and other areas that seem like they never dry out. It is also very tight and a lot of short, funky holes. Hopefully they fixed the green on #3 because it is a disgrace. The positives are it is fairly affordable and you can usually get a tee time there. 

Lest anyone think I hate tight courses (they are not my favorite truth be told), I generally enjoy my walks out at Montgomery Bell and that place can play NARROW in some spots. 

Have never played Long Hollow! Will have to check that out. Looks open-ish from fly over view, range looks like it 250-275 yds long. Sadly, I could hit every club in my bag on that range. 

image.png.a2e8c063e2bdecfbc350afd538562418.png

I wouldn't put Twelve Stones in the class of Greystone either.  You are spot on with the conditions.  Before the flood it was generally pretty good though.  After that they have struggled.  I too am hopeful this new ownership does a better job with conditioning.  I have to think the fact it winds through residential neighborhood has a little to do with conditioning.  It just seems really spread out.  There are also a few holes where the tee boxes were rough but, to my semi-educated eye, was the result of tree encroachment and them not getting enough sun and air movement.  Some are too small as well.   I also hate that par four that goes straight uphill.  I don't know how you go about fixing it though.  I generally like the other holes though there is a par three I don't particularly care for but mainly because it just isn't visually appealing because they can't keep water in the pond that fronts the green.

Range is short at long hollow.  I have only played there once in a scramble but I was impressed by the conditioning given time of year and that it is a municipal course (I think).  Most of the holes, while I wouldn't call them memorable, are not redundant and entertaining.  If you struggle with a slice as a right hand player it can be a long day given how many holes have trouble down the right hand sides of them.

Edited by smashdn
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Back to Chattanooga golf… my club just informed membership that no dues increase this year, BUT implementing minimum food purchase, which is no big deal. However increasing the annual cart plan 150% this year lmfao🤮. This includes members using their own personal carts lol🤦🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1

Cobra Darkspeed Ls 8* - Project X HZRDUS 6.0 (matte black)

Titleist TSi2 - Oban Devotion S

Titleist 818H2 (19*) - Oban Devotion S
Titleist AP2 (4-GW) - Project X PXi 6.0
Taylormade MG3 54 and 58
Kari Lajosi DD201 - Gunmetal / Black 303SS / 345g 67.5* / 3.5*

2 hours ago, AWcOBB said:

Back to Chattanooga golf… my club just informed membership that no dues increase this year, BUT implementing minimum food purchase, which is no big deal. However increasing the annual cart plan 150% this year lmfao🤮. This includes members using their own personal carts lol🤦🏻‍♂️

Where is that?

5 hours ago, AWcOBB said:

However increasing the annual cart plan 150% this year lmfao🤮.

How walkable is the course? I personally WISH my club would charge for carts as our course is very easy to walk and I think they should incentivize walking as it is slightly better for conditioning of the course in my opinion. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

AWcOBB is talking about the Ooltewah Club, that is where I play too.  

I read the first post and I have to disagree with one thing.  Chattanooga G&CC is easily the second best layout in my humble opinion.  The conditions are only surpassed by the Honors and I am not sure they are bette.  I have played both.  The Honors is one of my all time favorites but if I had to play one course every day it is Chattanooga.  The greens are insanely good year around.  The holes test every club in the bag from the back tee.  There is a reason it is ranked in the top 10 in the state.  I love the place.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV