2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

PING Ketsch (2014 putter)

ShortSticks

[quote name='ajschn06' timestamp='1396542667' post='9011761']
[quote name='dubbledxu' timestamp='1396533820' post='9010453']
My custom order through TGW is showing an estimated 4/17 ship date now.
[/quote]

Same here, that makes me happy!

[quote name='boycer11' timestamp='1396536839' post='9010893']
Every body doing stock grip? Was debating on superstroke 3.0.
[/quote]

I went standard fixed length with the standard PP58 with 5 wraps...not a fan of the corded PP58.
[/quote]

LOL I wanted to add more wraps, but the TGW limit was 3. Did you just include them in the comments?

[quote name='martinbns' timestamp='1395248144' post='8904845']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1388862996' post='8397591']
[quote name='KaBoom21' timestamp='1388784389' post='8392637']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1388781431' post='8392313']
[quote name='KaBoom21' timestamp='1388780589' post='8392213']
[quote name='Dead Solid Perfect' timestamp='1388707091' post='8387681']
Nice looking kinda looks like a futuristic Rife Barbados.
[/quote]
Agreed. You know, I wish those jacktards would wake up and put out a center-shaft offering.
[/quote]

Piper C is already out you silly jacktard.
[/quote]
That's neat, except I want the Ketch in CS.
[/quote]

Barely anyone uses center shafted putters thats why not many are made. Just be happy you aren't left handed and trying to find one. OEMs don't make things that don't sell, you silly jacktard.
[/quote]

My wife has an old Odyssey just as you describe in the basement.
[/quote]

Exactly try and find one from odyssey in the past decade. Center shafted putters are few and far between for lefties.

My local GG (Henrietta, for the ROchester guys) has them in stock. I spent about 20 minutes putting with one last night (empty store, time to kill, crappy weather still) and I wasn't as impressed as I could have been. I liked it, but it felt really, really close to the nome TR for me. I like the look of the Nome better a little better, but there's no doubt that it makes putts. I was as good or better with it than any other mallet I've putted with, and at $200, it's not a terrible price point.

I didn't end up buying one, as I have another BB54 in a brown truck on the way as I type this, but it's worth looking at if you're a mallet guy. The stock grip isn't bad by any means, btw, typical comfy Ping grip.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

[quote name='dubbledxu' timestamp='1396572529' post='9015553']
[quote name='ajschn06' timestamp='1396542667' post='9011761']
[quote name='dubbledxu' timestamp='1396533820' post='9010453']
My custom order through TGW is showing an estimated 4/17 ship date now.
[/quote]

Same here, that makes me happy!

[quote name='boycer11' timestamp='1396536839' post='9010893']
Every body doing stock grip? Was debating on superstroke 3.0.
[/quote]

I went standard fixed length with the standard PP58 with 5 wraps...not a fan of the corded PP58.
[/quote]

LOL I wanted to add more wraps, but the TGW limit was 3. Did you just include them in the comments?
[/quote]

I put it in the comments and then called them and made sure they got that info to Ping. Now we'll see if it actually comes that way.

[quote name='Pingfitz' timestamp='1396804012' post='9032135']
One of the girls at the drive, putt, chip contest this morning at Augusta was using a Ketsch adjustable.
[/quote]

I noticed that too. She was one of the older gals in the orange shirt who was wearing the just do it nike tights on too. I want to know how she has one already, they are still unicorns in these parts.

[quote name='dubbledxu' timestamp='1396866724' post='9036851']
[quote name='Pingfitz' timestamp='1396804012' post='9032135']
One of the girls at the drive, putt, chip contest this morning at Augusta was using a Ketsch adjustable.
[/quote]

I noticed that too. She was one of the older gals in the orange shirt who was wearing the just do it nike tights on too. I want to know how she has one already, they are still unicorns in these parts.
[/quote]

One of the girls dads is a PGA Professional, not sure if it's the girl we are talking about, if so he may be a Ping player or he would have a contact. Some Ping staffers have the Ketsch in play now.

The Ketch has been in stores here for a couple of weeks, they hit early the last week in March, so it's not crazy to think that they may have landed in her area similar timeframe.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

[quote name='Graymulligan' timestamp='1396875234' post='9037213']
The Ketch has been in stores here for a couple of weeks, they hit early the last week in March, so it's not crazy to think that they may have landed in her area similar timeframe.
[/quote]

Must be regional. None of the major stores have them (most never heard of it) and our regional Ping fitter said they rushed their order and would have them in tomorrow.

[quote name='dubbledxu' timestamp='1396884769' post='9038279']
[quote name='Graymulligan' timestamp='1396875234' post='9037213']
[/quote]

Must be regional. None of the major stores have them (most never heard of it) and our regional Ping fitter said they rushed their order and would have them in tomorrow.
[/quote]

Looks like TGW and Golfsmith have them in stock. My local Golf HQ said they probably wouldn't have them in for another two weeks....

Maybe the counterbalanced is coming out later? My local place only had the standard, straight arc, no adjustable or counterbalanced.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1396982474' post='9048143']
I went to my local retailer today and they were ranting and raving about this putter. Evidently the Ping rep brought one in for them to try and they said it was $. I personally think the Nome looks better.
[/quote]

I agree, I like the look of the Nome TR better. But the weighting in this one seems to be the difference.

I purchased the Ketsch yesterday. Needed a custom order through Ping, straight arc , 2' flat. Coming from the # 7 white ice I tried the mx milled and mx-milled versa's but the Ketsch kept coming out on top. The weighting of the putter is great and after trying the greyhawk as well it's a huge upgrade. Really looking forward to it. Only bad part is Ping says it's going to take 5 weeks for my custom order :(

[quote name='shoota34' timestamp='1397052066' post='9053541']
I purchased the Ketsch yesterday. Needed a custom order through Ping, straight arc , 2' flat. Coming from the # 7 white ice I tried the mx milled and mx-milled versa's but the Ketsch kept coming out on top. The weighting of the putter is great and after trying the greyhawk as well it's a huge upgrade. Really looking forward to it. Only bad part is Ping says it's going to take 5 weeks for my custom order :(
[/quote]I bought one also. I have a brand new MXM-V coming today that is getting sold. I tried the Ketsch against the MXM-V for about 30 mins yesterday and the Ketsch won out, and it wasn't even close. Felt better, It's weighted better and the TR insert is amazing.

Changing...

I bought the adjustable length- slight arc last night on my way home from work...I took it to the course today, played nine holes and I love it! Made a 15 footer on the first hole for birdie and felt extremely comfortable over the short ones. I'm in the honeymoon phase, but I will report back after more practice and playing this weekend!

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"

[quote name='Green in Reg' timestamp='1397097336' post='9058741']
I bought the adjustable length- slight arc last night on my way home from work...I took it to the course today, played nine holes and I love it! Made a 15 footer on the first hole for birdie and felt extremely comfortable over the short ones. I'm in the honeymoon phase, but I will report back after more practice and playing this weekend!
[/quote]

Where did you buy the adjustable version at? The folks at GS told me that model will not be out for another month?

I picked up a Ketsch yesterday (Slight Arc at 35") and played it today. I'm coming from a Nome (the original non-TR version) and a White Hot #7. The Ketsch is a wonderful piece of equipment! I like the Nome, but the Ketch is even better. For those that prefer the look of the Nome, I have to say that I'm finding the Nome to seem a bit "busy" in comparison. The Ketsch is much sleeker -- sort of a "stealth bomber" with simple white alignment lines.

The feel off the face seems a bit harder and "hotter" in the Nome, but the TR face on the Ketch was able to feel somewhat softer while still producing enough force to get the ball to the hole like the Nome has been able to do for me. I found distance control to be more precise with the Ketsch.

The Ketsch doesn't completely correct user errors in alignment or pace, of course, but it is a really, really great putter! If you like mallet putters and are looking for a new one, you really have to try the Ketsch.

SDL

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1397098682' post='9058947']
[/quote]

Where did you buy the adjustable version at? The folks at GS told me that model will not be out for another month?
[/quote]
I bought it at PGA Superstore here in Arizona. It might be because PING is here locally? Then again Vans golf (local distributor) said they wouldn't have it for a few weeks... Who knows!?!?

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"

[quote name='Green in Reg' timestamp='1397100939' post='9059247']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I bought it at PGA Superstore here in Arizona. It might be because PING is here locally? Then again Vans golf (local distributor) said they wouldn't have it for a few weeks... Who knows!?!?
[/quote]

Does the adjustable version come with a longer than standard grip?

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1397138966' post='9061077']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, almost looks like a belly putter length grip.

[quote name='dubbledxu' timestamp='1397140388' post='9061217']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1397138966' post='9061077']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, almost looks like a belly putter length grip.
[/quote]

I just picked up a 34" slight arc at Golfsmith in Raleigh, NC. Judging by the Ping order tags that were still on the putters, they got 9 in and I think may have sold one or two others besides mine. They had one adjustable there and to me the grip didn't look a whole lot longer. It did feel "mushier" though for some reason. . .almost like it had extra tape wraps on it. Not sure if that's normal with the adjustable Pings or not as that's the first one I've gotten to play around with.

I've used Scotty Newports since '97 so while the look is going to take me a little time to adjust to, if I roll in some putts the transition will be much easier. I've got a short game school this coming Saturday so now I'm really looking forward to it and getting used to the new toy.

Ping G30 LS 10.5
TEE CB3 16.5
Adams Super LS 19, A12 Pro 23
Adams MB2, Steelfiber i95
Ping Gorge 52, Ping Glide 58
Ping Ketsch