2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

PING Ketsch (2014 putter)

ShortSticks

I haven't seen a strong arc, but the slight just barely had any toe hang. I would say 4 o'clock at the most, probably not even that

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

the slight arch one feels fantastic played around with it in a pro shop on Friday...
I have a Darby TR being made... cant wait for it.... best of both worlds.. solid TR face with the look that only the darby can give me (unless i buy a scotty cameron Golo 5 which has a funny similarity)

woot woot

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='irwinfletcher77' timestamp='1401141797' post='9370149']
Found out today she is no bueno on slow greens. Great putter just not on slow greens
[/quote]

I'm surprised to hear you say that. My Ketsch has been fantastic for speed/distance control on both fast and slow greens!

Hope you get it figured out as you gain more experience with the Ketsch.

SDL

Just bought the Ketsch counterbalanced 38 length. Played 1st round on fast greens. Excellent distance control, excellent short and lag putts. Buy the 38 length to make use of the counterbalanced effect. Don't hesitate to buy this putter if short putts are your downfall. The alignment features really do help and work. AAAA+++++++ putter!!!

[quote name='PingPoncho' timestamp='1401147336' post='9370637']
Just bought the Ketsch counterbalanced 38 length. Played 1st round on fast greens. Excellent distance control, excellent short and lag putts. Buy the 38 length to make use of the counterbalanced effect. Don't hesitate to buy this putter if short putts are your downfall. The alignment features really do help and work. AAAA+++++++ putter!!!
[/quote]

Nice pickup. Where were you able to find one?

[quote name='SDL' timestamp='1401142652' post='9370237']
[quote name='irwinfletcher77' timestamp='1401141797' post='9370149']
Found out today she is no bueno on slow greens. Great putter just not on slow greens
[/quote]

I'm surprised to hear you say that. My Ketsch has been fantastic for speed/distance control on both fast and slow greens!

Hope you get it figured out as you gain more experience with the Ketsch.

SDL
[/quote]

Yeah had a hard time getting the ball to the hole. Sure it was more me than the putter

[quote name='irwinfletcher77' timestamp='1401150973' post='9370967']
Yeah had a hard time getting the ball to the hole. Sure it was more me than the putter
[/quote]

I know what you're talking about. I tend to die my putts at the hole so if I'm weak at all on my speed, the ball never gets a chance to go in. This used to be a big problem with my Odyssey with a soft inset, but it's been much improved since I started using a milled putter -- first the Nome and now the Ketsch.

SDL

[quote name='PingPoncho' timestamp='1401147336' post='9370637']
[/quote]

Glad to hear that you finally took the plunge. Sounds like the counterbalancing is working out and you're enjoying your new putter.

SDL

I like the idea of counterbalancing. But a long putter like the counterbalanced version of this just is too long. I grip down in my 35 inch putter as if it was longer.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I got the call from my pro today that my Putter was in!!! Almost 6 weeks, talk about a tuff wait!! Going to play Texas Star tomorrow & put it to the test! I practiced for about 15 minutes after picking bit up this evening & made countless # of putts. This putter just flight out rolls the ball.

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

I covered some of this in another thread but have an update. I had a counter balance model for a couple of weeks. I had some issues with distance control. I figured It was because I had not bent it 2* flat which I play in all of my putters. I broke the shaft in my bending attempt. I had it repaired and had the new shaft cut to standard length 33" I then installed an Iomic Absolute Jumbo which weighs 125 grams I also back weighted it with a 50 gram weight in the butt end of the shaft.It felt like I had not lost any of the counter balance effect by doing this. It felt awesome from 10 feet in. By far the best putter I have owned from that distance. Once I got beyond 20 feet I really struggled with distance control most putts came up well short. The longer they were the worse it was. Keep in mind I was coming from a counter balance putter before a Daddy Long Legs. I did not have the distance issues with that putter. The ketsch over all felt much heavier than the DLL. The only reason I got rid of the DLL was that the ketsch was really good from that 6-10 foot range better than the DLL. If I had nothing but 10 footers and in I would have kept the Ketsch CB. I liked the Ketsch's feel and roll so much that I decided to try the standard non counter balance model instead. Distance control issues are gone and it is stll incredible in that 6-10 foot range. Time will tell but so far I am really happy with the switch. Have been to the practice green twice with the new putter and I hardly had any 3 putts. I think I only had 5 or 6 in 2 half hour sessions. I am playing on Monday so we will see how it performs when it really counts. I have to say I have alot more confidence already and thats half the battle. I did switch the stock grip to a Superstroke 2.0 also. I will post some updates to let you all know how I do long term.

WITB
 Ping G425 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Titleist TSR2+  Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Titleist TS3  18* set to C1 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Callaway UW 21* Oban Kiyoshi white 75 stiff
Ping I210 5-UW Veylix arcane copper mod 1010
Edel SMS V grind  54* Accra SP Wedge 
Edel SMS V grind 58* Accra Hybrex Wedge
SiK DW 2.0 slant neck LA Golf Soho Green or Argolf Merlin Accra FX200 shaft
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

Well it has been almost two months since I purchased this putter, and I can say it is here to stay. Distance control has been the biggest improvement for me. I have also drained more six to twelve foot putts then I ever have. I should also say that I have adopted a Jack Nicklaus style of putting with this putter and it has been phenomenal.

I love PING. I really, really do.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

I tried hard to like it after all the positive reviews. I went back to Nome TR. Something about the Nome feels better and is more accurate to me. I like the slightly deeper face and it has a softer click to me.

PING G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

PING Tisi Tec 14° Fairway Aldila 350 S

Cobra Aerojet Hybrid 19° KBS PGI S

PING iCrossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Pro 5-G DG 105 S

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52° DG Spinner 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58° DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5

I actually came really close to pulling the trigger.. but decided to just go to my Answer Milled 5... and i have been putting lights out (thats awesome for me, but still terrible by everyone elses standard)

I have a bunch of ping Darby's that I always fall back on..

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='rodney24' timestamp='1401110286' post='9368023']
I haven't seen a strong arc, but the slight just barely had any toe hang. I would say 4 o'clock at the most, probably not even that
[/quote]

Toe hang comes from the CG of the putter was wanting to line up with the shaft axis vertically. Blades have the CG closer to the face while mallets have the CG more further toward the middle. That's why blades "hang" more than single-bend mallets.

[quote name='mws92' timestamp='1401682584' post='9411675']
[quote name='rodney24' timestamp='1401110286' post='9368023']
[/quote]

Toe hang comes from the CG of the putter was wanting to line up with the shaft axis vertically. Blades have the CG closer to the face while mallets have the CG more further toward the middle. That's why blades "hang" more than single-bend mallets.
[/quote]

This should help illustrate a little better.

[attachment=2254295:blade-vs-mallet.jpg]

I ordered my Ketsch Monday through one of the sponsors here, Golf USA. They were told by Ping it was a 5 week wait for a 33" Lefty, 1 degree flat, slight arc model. After reading through this thread I figured that would be the case and just accepted the fact I wouldn't get it until mid summer.

Well, much to my surprise the package was waiting for me today when I got home from work; only 3 days after I placed my order! All built according to spec, even the 2 extra wraps under the standard PP58 grip. By the way, the Golf USA customer service was outstanding during the process, even calling me to see if I wanted to back out after being informed of the 5 week wait. Now I just have to put up my Tank Cruiser and SC Monterey on the BST.

I am still very happy with mine after a couple rounds with the non-counterbalanced model. I have not had any 3 putts in the last 2 rounds. I feel much better lag putting now. I usually make 1 or 2 longer putts during a round which I have not done. My longer putts are finishing closer to the hole on a more consistent basis. [size=4]On the occasional putt that I run by the hole by 5 or 6 feet I have no fear. The best way to describe it I now have the Toyota Sequoia of putters. Its a little big. Its not sexy or high performance like some of the putters I have owned. I know when ever I take it out I know its going to give me reliability and comfort. This is the best way I can describe it. [/size]

WITB
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

I forgot to mention I did some paint fill on the 2 outer alignment lines. For my eyes the 3 white lines were to much to focus on. I find it much easier to line up now with the outer lines a different color.

[attachment=2262253:ketsch.jpg]

This is a sample pic I photo shopped but looks exactly like my putter.

I will post actual pic later.

WITB
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

I placed an order last Saturday for a 38 inch CB slight arc model. Found out whn I called the other day to check on its status that it is on 3-4 week backorder. Like a previous poster mentioned, from following this thread I assumed there would be a wait. Just was hoping it wouldnt be a month long haha. Really excited to get it, I feel my putting should benefit from a CB model. I am just to twitchy in my backstroke, the extra weight should help. I really like the feel off the face on the standard models that I did get to putt around with.

BTW I am really liking the different color outlines. Seems like a smart idea. Did you just paint strait over them or did you strip the previous paint?

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

Rodney I just used a paint marker and just painted right over the white. Here is the actual putter

[attachment=2263013:putter pic.jpg]

The picture color is off its more of a lime green looks brighter outdoors.

WITB
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

Whoo hoo.... just picked up my custom order (2 degrees upright) Ketsch counterbalanced, and had my shop install the elusive, sold-out, unicorn-like Super Stroke Flatso 17- love this grip, I definitely prefer the Flatso to the normal Super Stroke grips.

I thought I would throw in a few lousy iphone comparison pics to my Cleveland Smart Square counterbalanced putter in case anyone is interested.

PingKetsch-sole_zps5dfe8f8d.jpg

PingKetsch-3_zps45997c1d.jpg

PingKetsch-2_zps8ca7d98a.jpg

PingKetsch-1_zpse1dd62bc.jpg

I have the same putter you have and wanted to put the Fatso super stroke on it.

Do you still have that grip on yours? Did it affect the balance etc on the putter?

Did you replace it with something else?

Would you do it again or just keep the Ping grip?

I finally got a chance to hit some putts with an adjustable Ketsch. After trying different lengths I thought 36" felt best and was the most consistent. The adjustable hosel added some extra weight and it felt like minimal counter balanced.

I'm trying to decide on getting this putter or ordering a counter balanced at 36".

[quote name='blazman11' timestamp='1402032026' post='9440629']
I ordered my Ketsch Monday through one of the sponsors here, Golf USA. They were told by Ping it was a 5 week wait for a 33" Lefty, 1 degree flat, slight arc model. After reading through this thread I figured that would be the case and just accepted the fact I wouldn't get it until mid summer.

Well, much to my surprise the package was waiting for me today when I got home from work; only 3 days after I placed my order! All built according to spec, even the 2 extra wraps under the standard PP58 grip. By the way, the Golf USA customer service was outstanding during the process, even calling me to see if I wanted to back out after being informed of the 5 week wait. Now I just have to put up my Tank Cruiser and SC Monterey on the BST.
[/quote]

Anyone else custom order a Ketsch (particularly the counterbalance model) and find that the delivery time was less than the quoted 5 weeks? I put my order in today for the counterbalance model and was quoted 5 weeks.

Ping G410 9* Alta CB
Ping G410 15* 3 Wood Alta CB
Ping G410 19* & 22* Hybrid Alta CB
Ping i500 Recoil 5-UW
Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 54*, 58*
Ping Anser Milled 0
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1378338-pkshooter-witb-2016-all-ping/"]WITB Link[/url]