2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

Wondering what people think of the accuracy of the tags when reviewing your round.

I've played two rounds with my GG unit now, and while most of the tags appear pretty accurate it seems like a few are a ways off (like 5-10 yards off).

Thoughts?

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gophers79' timestamp='1434982760' post='11809114']
Wondering what people think of the accuracy of the tags when reviewing your round.

I've played two rounds with my GG unit now, and while most of the tags appear pretty accurate it seems like a few are a ways off (like 5-10 yards off).

Thoughts?
[/quote]

Yes you can get some reading that are off. 5 yards is within the tolerance of GPS, nothing you can do about it. But it will average itself out (one shot will be 5 yards longer another one 5 yards shorter). At first this put me off quite a bit as I had some misses that were more than just 5 - 10 yards. But I now just try to correct the odd reading. As I said, it will average itself out over time.

You seem to get the best result if you tag before the shot. From what I've heard the GameGolf device does not track the location all the time as e.g. a GPS watch would do. It only tries to get an accurate location when you tag it. This saves battery. (At least this is from what I've read on this forum). So if you tag after a shot and move away straight away your location might be a bit off.

Just my 2 cents. I've had game golf for a while now, don't play without it. I've logged 72 rounds with. There have been a few rounds where I haven't logged a complete round as the battery died, but that was my fault for not charging it the night prior to playing.

I will say for those that are new to the system, you might think it's hard to get into tagging your shots in your pre-shot routine but let me tell you, once you get in the habit and then accidentally forget to charge the unit and it dies while playing, man that can really mess with you. I kept tagging....tagging...no beep no vibration, I looked down and noticed it was off, the battery was dead. I took it off and put it back in my bag, for the next few holes I just out of habit would tap the butt of my club on my hip as I was starting my pre-shot routine.

My buddies ask how it works and they don't even notice me tagging my shots, I wear the unit on my right hip, right handed and as I'm visualizing my shot standing behind the ball finding an intermediary target I quickly tap my hip and don't even think twice.

I've read about Arccos, it looks neat but I don't see what it does that GG doesn't do. It costs more and the main thing that I wonder is, what if it's cart path only, you grab a few clubs and your laser range finder, walk out to your ball and shoot the yardage, well I read about Arccos that you're supposed to hold your club with the head up...are you supposed to hold all of them (handful) of clubs up while shooting your yardage too? What if I take my iron and putter and my buddy drops me off at my ball while he drives off and hits his...can I lay my putter down to hit my shot? I just worry about that, maybe it's nothing, I do know I don't have any of those issues with GG. Maybe I'm weird but sometimes when I'm walking with my putter up to the green I like to spin it around by holding onto the head, would that mess up the Arccos sensor?

I also read that it's (Arccos) can be hard on your cell phone battery. Then there are those individual batteries for each sensor. I think GG is the better choice for me.

As far as punching and chipping with GG, I'm not so sure. After 72 rounds and I play a pretty tight course normally, I have to punch out quite a bit. I usually punch with my 4 iron. It shows my "average" 4iron to be 139 but that is including a BOAT LOAD of punches. The longest 4 iron is 231 and the shortest is 65, but I mainly use it to punch.

I also find "averages" to be strange and leave me scratching my head. For example, my 9 iron average is 112. Long is 148, short is 66.
My next club in my bag, PW averages 111, long 131, short 52.

So if I was 112 yards out, should I pull the PW or the 9 iron?

Same goes for my 6 iron, average 146, long 171, short 59
7 Irons average 144, long 177, short 59.....

-if I was 145 from the pin what should I pull?

Now my wedges, I will say have nice yardage gaps and for me I'd rather be able to hit shorter shots more accurately. It is nice to know which wedge, PW, AW, or SW to hit depending on a given yardage.

The main thing I've learned with GG is

Inside of 100 yards, I'm 3% left, 9% short, 74% < 15 yds, 9% long, and 4% right. So to me that's pretty good.

Outside of 100 yards, 10% left, 26% short, 52% <15 yds, 5% long, 9% right.

Outside of 200 yards, 18% left, 73% short, 13% <15 yds, 2% long, 31% right

Outside of 200 yards it looks like I push/slice my shots causing a loss of yardage and I end up short. Need to work on the long irons and 3W.

I really like GG, I like the stats it provides me and helps me know where to work on my game, now I just need to find the time to work on those areas.

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

Question, I've tried to read up on how to do this, but can someone explain in simple steps how to track more than one club?

I've gone through several drives, 3Ws and different sets of irons and wedges since I've started my GG journey.

Each time I get a new driver or 3W for example I just delete the old one and add the new club. It tells me that it's going to delete my old club info, but I kinda figure, we'll I don't own them anymore so what's the point? But it would be nice to see the old data to compare, to see if this "new" driver is really better for me?

I've looked at other's GG stats, Nicholas Goff for example, he has multiple driver stats, 3W stats etc...how can I do that? How can I keep my old stats but not have multiple clubs in my "virtual bag"?

Thanks.

Gus

What's In The Bag 

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

[quote name='gigemaggs99' timestamp='1435117309' post='11823734']
How can I keep my old stats but not have multiple clubs in my "virtual bag"?
[/quote]

You add the new club(s), and just "pull" the tags between them to indicate digitally which ones are in use physically. Do not delete your old clubs.
I.e. my "5I" tag is now on my Wilson irons, but I haven't deleted my MacGregors statistics.
Both are then visible in the stats, hopefully these stats will be possible to filter / rearrange in future webpage updates for better legibility.

[size=2]D: Titleist 913D2 - 3W: Callaway X2 Hot Deep - 3H: Titleist 913H - Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 - Wedges: Mizuno MP-T - Putter: Rife Aussie Blade[/size]
[size=2]Profile [url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/marten"]@gamegolf[/url][/size]

[quote name='msoderma' timestamp='1435136661' post='11824320']
[quote name='gigemaggs99' timestamp='1435117309' post='11823734']
How can I keep my old stats but not have multiple clubs in my "virtual bag"?
[/quote]

You add the new club(s), and just "pull" the tags between them to indicate digitally which ones are in use physically. Do not delete your old clubs.
I.e. my "5I" tag is now on my Wilson irons, but I haven't deleted my MacGregors statistics.
Both are then visible in the stats, hopefully these stats will be possible to filter / rearrange in future webpage updates for better legibility.
[/quote]

Thank you!

Gus

What's In The Bag 

Played a few holes with GameGolf. I think it is a great gadget. For anyone looking, you can pick them up off of eBay for reasonable prices. I found a new one for $110. Worth the experiment and if you decide the feedback you receive from the unit is not what you are looking for you can get most of your money back.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

I've used it for a while now - put @ 50 rounds in - and I'm getting ready to put it on the shelf for a while.

I still dont like how non-intuitive the stats are to read. They just make no sense the way they are displaying them and until that changes, I think I've gotten what I can from it for the time being. I was able to find a few really great things to work on but until there is an update to the software or an update to the way they display their data, it will be on the shelf.

Good product but I'm looking forward to some updates in the future.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1435177052' post='11827802']
I've used it for a while now - put @ 50 rounds in - and I'm getting ready to put it on the shelf for a while.

I still dont like how non-intuitive the stats are to read. They just make no sense the way they are displaying them and until that changes, I think I've gotten what I can from it for the time being. I was able to find a few really great things to work on but until there is an update to the software or an update to the way they display their data, it will be on the shelf.

Good product but I'm looking forward to some updates in the future.
[/quote]

I feel like we're looking at different websites. Can you give us some specifics? Are you trying to look at the stats on the mobile app, mobile website, or the full desktop version?

I've posted this a number of times before - including screenshots. I feel like the Approach stats are just way more complicated and non-intuitive than they need to be.

Their use of Left/Short/15 yards/Long/Right - sounds fine. But whatever you are looking at almost never adds up to 100%. Your Left / 15 yds / Right - should be 100%. But its not because some shots are counted in both or...whatever. They've given me a few different explanations. A much simpler way to display - the same data mind you - would be:

Short / 15 yds / Long
Left / 15 yds / Right

Or a "horizontal / vertical" display of the same exact data.

But if I look at a piece of data now and the shots only add up to 70% - thats ridiculous. I shouldnt have to really squeeze my brain to figure out why and even then the numbers dont add up.

[u]This is just my opinion.[/u] Some people think its fine as-is and IMO I still think its a great tool, it gave me two specific things to work on. But for me, as of now, its on the shelf.

On one of my approach stats, "outside 200 yards", I have three balls. One is in the 15 yard circle, one is short, one is short left. Yes, short left is a miss.

67% short
17% left
0% right
0% long
17% < 15 yards

I don't see the problem.

I also haven't seen any stats not add up to 100% or more. Do you mind telling me more about those?

Among other things - I still think there is - at least one - hole in their mapping.

Here's one shot of my stats - 5/6 shots inside the circle - which correctly shows as 83%.

[attachment=2821912:clip1.jpg]

But everything else - 0%. The missed shot is completely unaccounted for. It missed the circle - so it should be accounted for.

My contention is that, for starters, everything on the edges of that circle (red ares) is a black hole and unaccounted for. That shot of mine - thats a "miss". But not at all accounted for. Any shots you have that fall in these corners would have "missed" the 15 yard circle - but you would have no insight into them because GG does not seem to be counting them.

[attachment=2821910:clip2.jpg]

DCMidnight, I see the same thing you do with shots not adding up to 100% in far too many cases. I even emailed them and I couldn't even make sense of their response as to why that is. Off the tee everything adds up to 100% but for approaches they can range anywhere from adding up to something in the 60-70% range to a few at 100%. I've only played 5 rounds since receiving the unit so there are not that many shots to lose track of. If you are short or long by more than 15 yards then you are short or long. If you are within 15 yards short or long but right or left, then you are right or left. everything should always add up to 100%.

I think over time, I'm not sure how you can be that concerned with all the numbers 100%. Here is a screenshot of one of my stats pages and I can't begin to tell you how many I need to be counting, I have no idea what the total is:

GG%20image_zpsyyuozbr3.png

What's In The Bag 

I'm not too concerned with the totals. The graphic is very insightful to me. It has been one of my better golf investments as I t has helped me make club decisions as I'm now more confident with yardages. There is certainly for improvement but I really have no major complaints.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Gigemaggs99, but that graphic adds up to "almost" 100% and yes, just the graphic is very insightful. However, there is something wrong when there can be over 30% of one's shots unaccounted for. They wouldn't have to add up to "exactly" 100% because of rounding and what not, but being that far off seems wrong to me.

[quote name='phil75070' timestamp='1435229878' post='11831360']
Gigemaggs99, but that graphic adds up to "almost" 100% and yes, just the graphic is very insightful. However, there is something wrong when there can be over 30% of one's shots unaccounted for. They wouldn't have to add up to "exactly" 100% because of rounding and what not, but being that far off seems wrong to me.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say they are 'unaccounted' for.
We have 3 different stats here:[list=1]
[*]Misses left/right. The centre portion which is neither left nor right can easily be calculated: 100-left-right
[*]Misses short/long: The centre portion which is neither short nor long can easily be calculated: 100-short-long
[*]Shots within 15 yards or the pin
[/list]
I actually think it is a clever way of displaying it without overwhelming the user. It shows you what's important. You want to know your miss bias (left or right and short or long) and you want to know how many do you get 'close'. You can calculate the shots that are neither long/short nor left/right by: 100-left-right-short-long, if you subtract the shots <15 yards as well you should get the percentage of 'corner' shots.

I agree that the graphic is very helpful.

I look at the percentages in general, but actually never added them up to see if the totally 100%.

What I am doing is looking for patterns over time and see if I am improving areas of my game. That is the value of the GameGolf system.

Not sure I would stop using it just due to the math issues...

Clark

WITB

TM Stealth 2 
Titleist 913FD 13.5
Titleist 913 H 19
Titleist 913 H 24
PXG Gen 1 5-G
Vokey SM8  54, 58

L.A.B. DF3 

[quote name='gigemaggs99' timestamp='1435116808' post='11823708']

I also find "averages" to be strange and leave me scratching my head. For example, my 9 iron average is 112. Long is 148, short is 66.
My next club in my bag, PW averages 111, long 131, short 52.

So if I was 112 yards out, should I pull the PW or the 9 iron?

Same goes for my 6 iron, average 146, long 171, short 59
7 Irons average 144, long 177, short 59.....

-if I was 145 from the pin what should I pull?

Now my wedges, I will say have nice yardage gaps and for me I'd rather be able to hit shorter shots more accurately. It is nice to know which wedge, PW, AW, or SW to hit depending on a given yardage.

[/quote]

What I've found is that my shorter irons (LW-9) are pretty much in line with what I would expect for "averages". When you get to the 5-8 irons, then the "average" is probably a club less than I'd expect and I guess that makes sense as the clubs get tougher to hit well consistently. So I've somewhat changed my approach when hitting from those distances, and it's worked pretty well. Obviously you still have to take into account the target you're hitting to, i.e. if it's a green with trouble long then I'm not going to go with that "extra" cliub.

[quote name='phil75070' timestamp='1435229878' post='11831360']
[/quote]

I'm not trying to argue the math, but I don't understand what you're saying. I was just posting a screenshot to add to the conversation. From my screenshot above those percentages add up to 99%. Where is it not accounting for 30%?

What's In The Bag 

I was saying that your graphic does add up to almost 100%. I was referring to many of MY shots not being accounted for. MY 175-200 yards Approach insight adds up to 60%! Where are the other 40% of my approach shots in that category? Inside 100 yards 89% are accounted for; where are the rest? Yes, one can get a feel by looking at the graphics instead of the numbers, but for the money paid for the system shouldn't the data be darn near perfect?

Looking at the data this morning the numbers seem to be adding up better. I had several that were adding up to between 60-75% but am only finding a few exceptions now. Maybe they have tried to address this flaw?

[quote name='phil75070' timestamp='1434821808' post='11793732']
I played my 3rd round with the system yesterday, Friday. Two issues occurred. The unit fell off my belt on the 3rd tee. I had read about this issue somewhere so when I ordered it from Amazon I also ordered one of those universal telephone clips with the button that slides in and clicks in place. So when I got home I immediately put a button on the unit and I find that the clip on the belt of the phone holder is much more secure than the clip provided on the Game Golf system. I haven't played with this configuration, yet, so I am interested to see if it hanging lower becomes an issue.
[/quote]

I had it fall off my belt also. So I just carry it in my pocket and tag it there. I figure I'm less likely to lose it that way!

The unit has fallen off my belt 2x. What is the fix?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1435454583' post='11847164']
[/quote]

I took the wrist strap off a camera and slipped it over the clip. It barely fit over it streching a bit and 100% won't come lose by itself.
I make a loop around my belt and feed unit through it so if it falls off my belt it will still dangle from the strap

[quote name='Locutusoforc' timestamp='1435462285' post='11847810']
[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1435454583' post='11847164']
[/quote]

I took the wrist strap off a camera and slipped it over the clip. It barely fit over it streching a bit and 100% won't come lose by itself.
I make a loop around my belt and feed unit through it so if it falls off my belt it will still dangle from the strap
[/quote]

That's a good idea, I use that trick with my gopro to tether it to whatever I'm attatching it to

I got one of those Universal Swivel Belt Clip Holders, the kind with the button that goes on the back of the device then slides in and clicks in place. Costs just over $5 from Amazon. The only problem I have had with this solution is if it is placed too far forward the release gets pushed when I bend over. I just make sure I clip it on my hip. I still haven't decided which hip works better for me. :)

I just sent them an email asking if they had a solution for this problem.

Just tried mine for the first time yesterday and got a lot of shots marked that I didn't actually take showing things like 3 yards, 2 yards, 0 yards. I guess that is caused by inadvertent bumping. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? Also not liking that recovery punch shots I had to take are included in my overall distance averages for that club. Is there way to take those type of shots out?