J13's - WITB - 2020 Irons PODCAST, PICS ADDED pg 101

13567103
103

Comments

  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 4, 2015 #62
    MJisGOAT wrote:


    At least you have the cherished memory and experience.




    Absolutely agree and on top of that the day I was throwing the football around with Phil Mickelson was my birthday haha. Doesn't get better then that does it?







    On another note, new toy i'm playing with. Taylormade DLL 2.0 Counter Balance at 35" long. Color scheme is much better then the original and I love how stable it is. Problem i ran into with the 1.0 was the insert felt like cheap plastic. I'm wondering if I can get past that with this version because i really do like the look of it. Plus the black chrome shaft looks SWEET
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7744WRX Points: 299Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,744 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #63
    J13 wrote:


    MNNikeguy- The 80TX feels really good and I like feeling the heavier weight of the club. Plus keep in mind i'm playing it at 44.25" which is not short but in todays world it' considered so. Look at the gapping in clubs in terms of length. 5 wood 42, then 3wood 43-43.5 (which needs to stop), then Driver up to 46" !!!! It's insane. Most people would do well by getting a 70g range shat and going to 44.5" or shorter.


    I agree 100% on the shafts being to long these days. I ordered my driver at 44", I hope it works out.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers  6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsPosts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #64
    J13 wrote:
    MNNikeguy- The 80TX feels really good and I like feeling the heavier weight of the club. Plus keep in mind i'm playing it at 44.25" which is not short but in todays world it' considered so. Look at the gapping in clubs in terms of length. 5 wood 42, then 3wood 43-43.5 (which needs to stop), then Driver up to 46" !!!! It's insane. Most people would do well by getting a 70g range shat and going to 44.5" or shorter.




    I don't know about 70g worth of shat, but a 70g shaft sounds about right for that length.
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • Deaus*7*Deaus*7* Members  107WRX Points: 0Handicap: 6-10Posts: 107
    Joined:  #65
    Very nice, i have heard lots of good things about the Veylix shafts, how did it work out for you? Must be nice to have access to that Flightscope. The closest place is 2 hours away for me and its just a Launch monitor, nothing like a flightscope. Hope the new bag werks good for you.
    Posted:
    Tour Issue VR Tour 10* - Attas3 6s 44.5"
    Tour Issue Covert 2.0 '2dot' 15.2* - Attas 7s 43"
    Tour Issue VR ProLtd 'dot' 15.5* - Attas4U 7s 43"
    Tour Issue VR ProLtd 'dot' 19.5-attas4U 7s 42.25"
    Tour Issue Adams Super Pro 23, 26 Attas International 85S
    Edel Forged CB 5-PW TourAD-115s
    Edel Forged 50-16, 54-18, 58-22
    Bettinardi rjb5348Prototype
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members  4586WRX Points: 3Posts: 4,586 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #66
    Not much of a mallet guy anymore, but I'm digging the contrast of that putter.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #67
    Deaus*7* wrote:


    Very nice, i have heard lots of good things about the Veylix shafts, how did it work out for you? Must be nice to have access to that Flightscope. The closest place is 2 hours away for me and its just a Launch monitor, nothing like a flightscope. Hope the new bag werks good for you.




    THe Veylix lineup is really good and I love the Arcane and Rome series. Arcane is a little smoother with a higher flight but same low spin as the Rome. My arcane is still very much in the battle especially as it's 86g. I do have a Rome 888 but it's cut to short for me to try in the driver as it's a 3 wood shaft. The 888 in my 3 wood go to shaft. Also if you haven't tried it the Rome 988 hybrid shaft is without a doubt the best hybrid shaft on the planet. Nothing touches it for me. I have to grab another for my other hybrid over the off season.


    MJisGOAT wrote:


    Not much of a mallet guy anymore, but I'm digging the contrast of that putter.




    Yeah the contrast is really nice with it. So far on lag putts I really like it but for some odd reason anything inside 4ft is not working. Odd.

    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyPosts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #68
    80 TX.. Yummy.. image/alcoholic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':alcoholic:' /> Was thinking of throwing this shaft in a 3 WD, are you playing this in the driver?
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box


    Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
  • Blades4LifeBlades4Life Members  63WRX Points: 0Handicap: +2Posts: 63
    Joined:  #69
    Those laser etched 80TX would make great alignment sticks...image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

    Srsly tho, awesome bag and I can't wait to see which shaft makes it into the bag.
    Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #70
    Pure745 wrote:


    80 TX.. Yummy.. image/alcoholic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':alcoholic:' /> Was thinking of throwing this shaft in a 3 WD, are you playing this in the driver?




    80TX is in my driver @ 44.25 tipped 1" and is PHENOMINAL. It's a little firmer feeling then the 70TX and I find it takes left out of play a little more so that's a win for me. Arcane is the most anti left shaft in the testing. You can go as hard as you want and that ball is not curving left. All depends on what you want.






    Those laser etched 80TX would make great alignment sticks... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

    Srsly tho, awesome bag and I can't wait to see which shaft makes it into the bag.




    haha that would have to be a REALLY nice driveway image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • Albatross85Albatross85 Tiger is the GOAT St. Louis, MOMembers  2975WRX Points: 220Handicap: +2.1Posts: 2,975 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #71
    J13 wrote:

    Pure745 wrote:


    80 TX.. Yummy.. image/alcoholic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':alcoholic:' /> Was thinking of throwing this shaft in a 3 WD, are you playing this in the driver?




    80TX is in my driver @ 44.25 tipped 1" and is PHENOMINAL. It's a little firmer feeling then the 70TX and I find it takes left out of play a little more so that's a win for me. Arcane is the most anti left shaft in the testing. You can go as hard as you want and that ball is not curving left. All depends on what you want.






    Those laser etched 80TX would make great alignment sticks... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

    Srsly tho, awesome bag and I can't wait to see which shaft makes it into the bag.




    haha that would have to be a REALLY nice driveway image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    that sounds like a challenge to me!
    Posted:
    • Titleist TS3 8.5* - Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 
    • Titleist TS2 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 70TX
    • Ping G410 19* H - GD AD IZ 95X
    • Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23* - Aldila Proto By You 80X
    • Adams CMB/MB2 5-p - PX LZ 6.5 
    • Wilson FG Tour V4 50* - PX LZ 6.5 
    • Mizuno T7 55.09  - PX LZ 6.5
    • Taylormade Hi Toe 60 LB - DG TI Onyx S400
    • Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey
    • Bridgestone Tour B XS


  • ObsessedObsessed Charlotte, NCMembers  183WRX Points: 56Posts: 183 Fairways
    Joined:  #72
    enjoyed reading your thread.



    what 3 wood head/shaft combo are you using?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #73
    Obsessed wrote:


    enjoyed reading your thread.



    what 3 wood head/shaft combo are you using?




    Dont have a 3 wood right now. On the hunt waiting for the new 2015 stuff to hit. I might head down to the PGA show not sure yet but if I do I'll have a pretty good idea of what ill be trying. I already hit all the new Callaway stuff and was extremely impressed especially with the 815 alpha fwy wood.
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • Deaus*7*Deaus*7* Members  107WRX Points: 0Handicap: 6-10Posts: 107
    Joined:  #74
    Awesome, Actually i just might do that with the hybrid and maybe a 3 wood as well. I just got 2 tour issue Adams Super Pro hybrids that are going to need shafts. Also I am going to be building and testing my new 3woods this spring to try and find my keeper.

    Got 3 Tour Issue nike heads, SQII Long Hosel, Dymo Shallow face (might Sell, might be little to hard to hit) and a VR Pro LE still in the plastic with the specs sticker. I have been stuck on the ATTAS shafts for a few seasons now, I love the unique feel they have and they are one of the only higher launching shafts that still dont balloon for me. I hit it fairly low with the fairways. I have AttasT2's in my Driver and backup driver as well. I got a great price on a brand new Attas3 that I was going to try in one of those Nike's. But Im thinking it may have to be put up against one of those Veylix if I could find one at a decent price. I find it to be a brutal painstaking process to find a proper 3wood.

    You as well as others have piqued my interest in the Veylix shafts. How does the Rome 988 Launch and Spin in the hybrids? Sorry if im thread jacking but you seem to know ur stuff with those shafts m8.
    Posted:
    Tour Issue VR Tour 10* - Attas3 6s 44.5"
    Tour Issue Covert 2.0 '2dot' 15.2* - Attas 7s 43"
    Tour Issue VR ProLtd 'dot' 15.5* - Attas4U 7s 43"
    Tour Issue VR ProLtd 'dot' 19.5-attas4U 7s 42.25"
    Tour Issue Adams Super Pro 23, 26 Attas International 85S
    Edel Forged CB 5-PW TourAD-115s
    Edel Forged 50-16, 54-18, 58-22
    Bettinardi rjb5348Prototype
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members  11938WRX Points: 455Posts: 11,938 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #75
    Congrats on the career round!



    Bummer the 757 EvoTS didn't work out. I've been a little squirelly myself in the last couple months, but it seems to be pretty similar to my old Elements Chrome that I used most of the year. I switched drivers so it's hard to tell.



    You're in the Bmore area, right? With all the old, oak tree-ridden courses in this area I totally understand favoring accuracy. If your club is anything like Sparrows Point, you need to be able to hit the driver within a 5-10 yard window all the time.
    Posted:
    SIM 9.0°, Atmos Black 7x
    Flash SZ 18°, VTS Silver 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

    X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    MD Forged 50/54/58
    SM6 62M

    Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 11s
    Tour BX



  • oldhamer25oldhamer25 Members  1410WRX Points: 109Posts: 1,410 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 7, 2015 #76
    By the recent bst ad, it looks like the 80TX is winning the challenge.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
    SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
    SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
    Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
    Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
    Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #77
    Deaus*7* wrote:


    Awesome, Actually i just might do that with the hybrid and maybe a 3 wood as well. I just got 2 tour issue Adams Super Pro hybrids that are going to need shafts. Also I am going to be building and testing my new 3woods this spring to try and find my keeper.

    Got 3 Tour Issue nike heads, SQII Long Hosel, Dymo Shallow face (might Sell, might be little to hard to hit) and a VR Pro LE still in the plastic with the specs sticker. I have been stuck on the ATTAS shafts for a few seasons now, I love the unique feel they have and they are one of the only higher launching shafts that still dont balloon for me. I hit it fairly low with the fairways. I have AttasT2's in my Driver and backup driver as well. I got a great price on a brand new Attas3 that I was going to try in one of those Nike's. But Im thinking it may have to be put up against one of those Veylix if I could find one at a decent price. I find it to be a brutal painstaking process to find a proper 3wood.

    You as well as others have piqued my interest in the Veylix shafts. How does the Rome 988 Launch and Spin in the hybrids? Sorry if im thread jacking but you seem to know ur stuff with those shafts m8.




    I agree I think it's really hard to find a great versatile 3 wood. I've been in limbo for the last few years and have tried everything from Callaway 3 deep, X2hot pro, taylormade SLDR, Mini Driver, ect.. and the list goes on and on and on. It sounds like you have some great heads there so you need to get testing yourself!






    GooseHook wrote:


    Congrats on the career round!



    Bummer the 757 EvoTS didn't work out. I've been a little squirelly myself in the last couple months, but it seems to be pretty similar to my old Elements Chrome that I used most of the year. I switched drivers so it's hard to tell.



    You're in the Bmore area, right? With all the old, oak tree-ridden courses in this area I totally understand favoring accuracy. If your club is anything like Sparrows Point, you need to be able to hit the driver within a 5-10 yard window all the time.




    yes in Bmore area and our course is very much like that but also lots of Pine Tree's. Traditional northeast golf course with bent grass everywhere and tree's tree's and more tree's. It's made me a better player that's for sure. As for the 757 Evo TS I really liked that shaft and I may regret selling it if I do but not decided yet. I have to say I have NOT given up on it just yet. I love the graphics in fact it's probably my favorite out of what I have. Although the Arcane changing colors in the sun is pretty sweet.


    oldhamer25 wrote:


    By the recent bst, ad it looks like the 80TX is winning the challenge.




    80TX is the best option for me in the Rogue. No need to keep the 70TX around but if I don't get a decent price for it I will be glad to keep it and continue to play around with it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This way I can at least show the wife that I "tried" haha
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ReallysReallys Members  23WRX Points: 0Posts: 23
    Joined:  #78
    Lovin' your setup!
    Posted:
  • redraider1685redraider1685 Members  678WRX Points: 111Posts: 678 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #79
    gaming the 915d3 with the rogue 70tx right now at 45 but after hitting the DBD I am absolutely kicking myself because I am dying to order a 9 degree head with a 80TX



    my 70tx has the laser etching and it looks really good must admit



    44.25 80tx I guess I am going to get started
    Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #80
    Reallys wrote:


    Lovin' your setup!




    Thanks i'm enjoying it myself image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />










    gaming the 915d3 with the rogue 70tx right now at 45 but after hitting the DBD I am absolutely kicking myself because I am dying to order a 9 degree head with a 80TX



    my 70tx has the laser etching and it looks really good must admit



    44.25 80tx I guess I am going to get started




    I really like the 915D3 head, really an improvement over last year. As for the DBD get out there and pick one up it's such a good stick and with the 80TX it's a low spin machine.
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #81
    Threw my DBD / Rogue 80TX on the scale today. Honestly its a a sledge hammer of a club. I just hope I can do it justice and keep up with it. The ONLY thing i'm concerned about is what happens on an off day because I can tell you if I don't bring the heat this driver might beat me up and take my lunch money.
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyPosts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #82
    Yikes, what's the SW? Let me know if the 80x doesn't end up staying, I might want to try it in my 3wd.
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box


    Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers  6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsPosts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #83
    J13 wrote:


    Threw my DBD / Rogue 80TX on the scale today. Honestly its a a sledge hammer of a club. I just hope I can do it justice and keep up with it. The ONLY thing i'm concerned about is what happens on an off day because I can tell you if I don't bring the heat this driver might beat me up and take my lunch money.




    WAR HAMMER
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #84
    Pure745 wrote:


    Yikes, what's the SW? Let me know if the 80x doesn't end up staying, I might want to try it in my 3wd.




    I'll have a better idea in the next few weeks so i'll keep you in mind.


    hayzooos wrote:

    J13 wrote:


    Threw my DBD / Rogue 80TX on the scale today. Honestly its a a sledge hammer of a club. I just hope I can do it justice and keep up with it. The ONLY thing i'm concerned about is what happens on an off day because I can tell you if I don't bring the heat this driver might beat me up and take my lunch money.




    WAR HAMMER




    That it is image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • bryanwmilburnbryanwmilburn Members  1459WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,459 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #85
    Hey man! I live in Charles Town WV, so maybe we can get some guys to link up somewhere around Baltimore to play one time this summer. Would be a blast!
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 LST 9 w/ Accra RPG 762 M5+
    3 wood: Ping G410 LST 14.5 w/ Aldila NV 75X
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 w/ Aldila NV 85X
    Irons: Srixon Z785 5-PW with Nippon 130X, Titleist U510 4 iron w/ UST Recoil 110X
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX 4 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 S+
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5
    Ball: Snell MTB Black/Bridgestone Tour BX
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #86
    Possibly, would always like a Golfwrx gathering of sorts.
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #87
    New contender in the ring. After everything I've hear about this shaft I just had to grab one. Going to toy around with it and see what happens but right now it's 45" in the DBD. Weight on the XX is 70g's give or take 1-2g's. I'll play with length ect... when I get time but for now I'll just slap it in and get a first impression.
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • FAbbFAbb Members  16510WRX Points: 1,794Posts: 16,510 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #88
    J13 wrote:
    Possibly, would always like a Golfwrx gathering of sorts.




    FWIW, we've got a ton of folks around the DMV on here. We get together for planned and impromptu rounds all the time.



    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1119929-mdvadc-golfers-a-hard-eight/


    J13 wrote:
    New contender in the ring. After everything I've hear about this shaft I just had to grab one. Going to toy around with it and see what happens but right now it's 45" in the DBD. Weight on the XX is 70g's give or take 1-2g's. I'll play with length ect... when I get time but for now I'll just slap it in and get a first impression.




    I was fitted for a Fubuki J 50 stiff last spring, and have nothing but good things to say. It's fantastic. Hopefully you'll find that it stands up to the heavyweights.
    Posted:
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers  6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsPosts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #89
    AbbVT24 wrote:

    J13 wrote:
    Possibly, would always like a Golfwrx gathering of sorts.




    FWIW, we've got a ton of folks around the DMV on here. We get together for planned and impromptu rounds all the time.



    http://www.golfwrx.c...s-a-hard-eight/


    J13 wrote:
    New contender in the ring. After everything I've hear about this shaft I just had to grab one. Going to toy around with it and see what happens but right now it's 45" in the DBD. Weight on the XX is 70g's give or take 1-2g's. I'll play with length ect... when I get time but for now I'll just slap it in and get a first impression.




    I was fitted for a Fubuki J 50 stiff last spring, and have nothing but good things to say. It's fantastic. Hopefully you'll find that it stands up to the heavyweights.




    Did you sprinkle some crack on it?
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • FAbbFAbb Members  16510WRX Points: 1,794Posts: 16,510 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #90
    hayzooos wrote:


    Did you sprinkle some crack on it?




    I'm here for the five o'clock free crack giveaway!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16227WRX Points: 1,234Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,227 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 18, 2015 #91
    Quick update:



    So got on the LM real quick and got some numbrs with the Rogue 80TX and Fubuk J and spin is very close, i'm talking within 200rpms of one another. I was averaging around 1900 rpm with the Rogue/DBD setup and 2000 with Fubuki J XX / DBD. Launch with the Fubuki is slightly higher by 1-2* and the carry and totat distance averaged 12 yds FURTHER then the Rogue. Honestly it was surprising to say the least. Now the 80TX is not built for pure distance (obviously otherwise I wouldn't be using an 80g shaft) but it's still surprsing to see that large of a gap. But honestly LM"s oly mean so much especially indoors.



    So I snuck in a few holes the other day,, and by a few I mean 3 holes as the weather was 40* with some wind. So anywy I went to the 3rd hole and hit 5 balls a piece with both shafts then went out to inspect the results. Sure enough the best shots with the Fubuki were 12-15yds longer and in a tight grouping. Again I was impressed. Obviously need a lot more time to compare these two but so far I am curiously optimistic that the J is going to give the infamous Rogue 125 a run for it's money.



    To be continued after the PGA show where I will test some more goodies image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





103

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.