Best Budget Putter

NateZollersNateZollers Members Posts: 5
Hi,

I have been through many different putters in my two years of golfing, and I still have not found one where I really like the alignment and the feel. I have been putting a Rife Abaco Island Series, but I am not a huge fan of the feel of the putter. I have been interested in buying a seemore putter, but I do not know where I could test one out. Any input on putters that have worked for any of you? Thanks

Comments

• goje22goje22 Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Any odyssey that's lightly used or Yes! Putter. Really wanna find something that works great for you. I love see more putters, and any golfsmith or big box store would have them. Also do not look past s ping Kirsten 1959 putter!
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Members Posts: 2,129 ✭✭
    Go get fit first of all and then look at Black Dog putters. Great putters for $200-$300 or something of the sort.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • Colby327Colby327 Members Posts: 1,963 ✭✭
    If you're not sure what alignment or feel you're even looking for, then visiting a retail store is a must.

Hit as many different putters as you can, and after awhile certain ones will stand out, feel better, or perform better. Buy that one, or depending on your budget, look for a used version of it online.
    Ping G30 AD DI 6x
    Callaway XHP 15* AD DI 7s
    Adams A12 19* & 22* VTS Silver
    Ping S55 Nippon Modus 120x
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58*
    Byron Morgan Copper DH89 Mini
    WITB Link
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 1,988 ClubWRX
    Depends on what your meaning of "budget" is. I know guys that an otr Scotty for $350 is budget compared to a circle t or hand made. I'd say an odyssey works at 79 like new is a great budget putter. A used metal x milled or black ody for 100 is another. Used Cameron's for 200 also good. And some used seemores etc around 100. Ping anser milled for 100. I could go on.
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron 009 Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members Posts: 3,301 ✭✭
    robrey85 wrote:

Go get fit first of all and then look at Black Dog putters. Great putters for $200-$300 or something of the sort.

#blacklab putters. ..

Also...I'm not sure he means budget as $300...

Any idea how much you'd like to spend OP?
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
    Yeah, that's the one. In the custom world of putters, $200-300 is a deal.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,719 ✭✭
    Wilson Elite putters. $100 Can. $ Great putter for the money! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • vitaminstevevitaminsteve Banned Posts: 687
    everyone has a different budget for putters. you never told us what your budget was. or what style. put alittle effort in and it will be easy to find a putter you like within budget. everyone babbling names makes no sense with little info
    DBD
    CB Pro 15* & 18*
    Hybrid 20* 815
    Fourteen FH1000 4-p
    wedges fourteen
    To mental to choose
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    Cleveland Classics. Nicely milled and excellent feel.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • obrientfobrientf Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Bellum Winmore! Just bought my putter for $199.
    TaylorMade M1 Aldila Rouge 70x
    Titleist 13* 913 F.d Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
    Titleist 18* 915 H Aldila Rouge 85x
    Titleist T-MB 4 Iron True Temper AMT X-100
    Miura MB-001 5-PW Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50,56
    Bellum Winmore CloverDale
    edited Mar 10, 2016 #12
    The problem is the OP doesn't know what he likes or what fits him. Hence him "having many different putters in the last two years". Stop wasting your time and money, go get a Sam LAB putter fitting and be done with it.

I did an Edel fitting at the end of last year and if I screw up a putt, I now know and believe that it was my stroke and not my putter. I feel I can line up my putter all day consistently and start the ball where I want it to start. I'm not saying you need to drop $300 on a brand new custom putter, but I am saying, just squeeze out $50 for a fitting and be done with it.

EDIT: Then once you get the fitting done and know what putter fits your stroke and eye, you can search the Bay or BST for a great putter at a discounted price.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • ProphetLogicProphetLogic Members Posts: 522 ✭✭
    I bought a 1970s era Ping Anser on ebay for like $30. Cut it to preferred length and put a new grip on. No alignment aids. It has sidelined all my more expensive putters.
  • Ace UnderhillAce Underhill Members Posts: 658 ✭✭
    I'm a fan of Camerons, but you can't beat Odyssey putters for their cost, and as with other golf equipment companies, if you wait about a year after a new putter comes out, you can get them for a steal, brand new. Check out the milled putters from Cleveland too. I have putters from all of them and they work.
    Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft)
    TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
    Cobra Baffler T-Rail+ 3 hybrid- 19*
    Bridgestone J40 DPC irons 4-PW
    Bridgestone J15 wedges- 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members Posts: 3,380 ✭✭
    I think Odyssey is the best, Cleveland classics 2nd best and Ping Anser are probably your best bets...
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
    2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X
  • nutz4puttersnutz4putters Members Posts: 44
    Best budget putter? If you like to try a whole bunch of putters at low prices, check our your closest Play-it-again sports store (or similar gently used sporting good shop) and just mess around with any and all putters they have there.

Getting fit for a putter is important - but if you're going to drop coin to get fit - make sure you find someone who not only looks at the static measurements of length, loft, lie, but also at your set-up and posture, dynamic stroke pattern, and how you rotate the putter through impact.
  • noGIRsnoGIRs Members Posts: 354
    Best deal out there for a new milled putter is Daito Putters. They are clearing out their stock and have 100% milled putters starting at $89 dollars. I have the copper one and love it. As mentioned above, hard to give specific advice without more info but I dare you to find a better price on a brand new milled putter!

http://daitoputters.com/daito/product/virtuoso-cold-finished-steel/
    PING G30 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
    Nike Covert Tour 5W
    Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI #2 Iron
    Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 4-A Irons
    Titleist Vokey SM4 56*; Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
    Odyssey Big T V-Line putter
  • SefSef Members Posts: 899 ✭✭
    The Wilson Staff infinite putters are great, only $100, and come in a lot of styles you could try out. I would definitely give them a look.
    Ping G400 Max - Speeder Evolution IV 757 X
    TEE CBX - Diamana S+ 70TX
    Cobra King Utility - AD DI 95X
    Ping i210 4-9 - DG X100
    Glide 2.0 Stealth 46, 51, 56, and 60 - DG X100
    Cameron & Crown M1
  • pre0024pre0024 Members Posts: 269 ✭✭
    Kingston is a ton of putter for the money.
    WITB<br />PING G400 Max 10.5° Fuji Pro tour spec 73x<br />3i i500 tourspx vts silver 100x, 4i i200, 6, 8, 9, P iBlade Nippon Modus 130x<br />PING Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss Nippon Modus 130x<br />Byron 007
  • toprtopr Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭
    OP you need to give an idea on what your wanting to spend because the term "budget" is getting tossed around pretty loosely in this thread.
  • alfiealfie Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    I got a Seemore Corona del Mar X2 to help me with set up because more often than not, with other putters I would think I was align good only to find out after the stroke that I'd be all over. So, yes, to me, set up & alignment went hand in hand with the Seemore and now I'm much closer or better line to the hole thanks to the X2.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,004 ClubWRX
    Gotta be the old Ping Ansers.... I bought an Anser 2 off eBay for $11. Cost more to ship than that, but all in all was less than $30! It is very light, but it's a solid putter that I intend to keep when I want to go back to a blade style.... some really good deals on those Ansers!!!!
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* Tensei Blue 
    Mizuno ST180 15* Tensei blue
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • BLLDWG23BLLDWG23 Members Posts: 490
    I picked up a brand new Yes!! center shafted blade putter (can't remember the girl name) about a month ago for about 35 shipped and all off of Ebay. Like what everybody has said what is "budget" for you?
  • JustChillJustChill Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    obrientf wrote:

Bellum Winmore! Just bought my putter for $199.

I just took advantage of this deal as well. Too good to pass up IMO. Got it murdered out with white paintfill. Might change the paintfill when I see how it turns out. Excited
    Titleist 910D3 9.5*, Aldila Rogue Silver 60 X
    Titleist 910fd 16.5* Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 82 X
    Titleist 910h 19*, Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 90HYB S
    Adams CMB, DG AMT S300
    Titleist SM5 50-54-58, DG Wedge
    Toulon Memphis
  • GraymulliganGraymulligan Members Posts: 2,363 ✭✭
    While the new Cleveland TFI copper faced putters retail near $200, street prices are considerably lower, and used prices are down in the 75 dollar range. My wife is rolling one, and I've putted a few with it, and for the money it's really a great putter. Looks cool as heck too with the black/white/copper coloring.
    M5 w/Rogue
    Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
    RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
    PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
    MD3 50/54/58
    Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

• bob1shbob1sh Members Posts: 460
    Yes! putters all day.. The C groove face really works and I had to have a Scotty Newport custom built just to meet the same specs as my Yes Callie.
    Cobra Bio Cell Driver w/ BB 73s
    Titleist 915F w/ Chrome 8F5T
    Srixon 745 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52/58
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • Coca-RollaCoca-Rolla Members Posts: 118
    robrey85 wrote:

**COUGH** Black Lab **COUGH** excuse me! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Titleist 917D3 8.5* GD Tour AD Di-6x
    Titleist 917F3 15* GD Tour AD Di-7x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2 Iron GD Tour AD Di-95x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-9 Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46,53,59 Project X LZ 6.5
    Black Lab Golf BL2
    Titleist ProV1
  • jreedjreed Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭
    If your budget is around $100, you can find used Ping Anser Milled in this price range. You can't beat them!
  • toad37toad37 Members Posts: 462 ✭✭
    Cleveland Huntington Beach series maybe?
  • Rob G 89Rob G 89 Members Posts: 847 ✭✭
    odyssey versa works 1w

Usually under 100 on callaway pre owned, love mine don't see any reason to change
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 1,998 ✭✭
    Cleveland Huntington Beach.
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*/23*)
    Srixon Z785 (5-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Toulon Madison