Young flexers on PGA Latam and other tours

jambox107jambox107 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
edited Jun 9, 2018 in Tour Talk #1
I see some younger pro golfer studs on Instagram who play on lower tier tours like PGA Latam. They always post pics and videos of them flying first class, staying in awesome hotel rooms, driving nice cars, and it’s cool to see. Flexing hard.

I wonder how are they funding this lifestyle when the tournament purses on PGA Latam are small and they don’t place in the money frequently? Seems like it’s all cash out...

Rich parents? Equipment/apparel sponsor money? The math doesn’t make sense.

Comments

• gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    lololol
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 842 ✭✭
    Please give us some reference points to who these players are . On top off the math not making sense neither did your post
  • jambox107jambox107 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Guys like Danny List, Ryan Ruffles. Amazing talents but not cashing in tourneys yet still living the high life.
  • b.heltsb.helts Members Posts: 2,849 ✭✭
    Ruffles could tell you, but then Phil would have to kill him.
  • McCann1McCann1 Tour Player Members Posts: 1,730 ✭✭
    Wish I could live that life. Instead I was stuck in an airport today since I didn’t have enough credit to rent a car lol. Maybe next year I’ll fly private to Canadian tour events
    Enjoy the chase.
    Now if I didn’t screw up sectionals I would’ve flown first class to shinnecock...jk getting a house for the week would’ve cost me a new set of clubs
    Enjoy the chase.
  • golfdummygolfdummy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Unfortunately, getting a house for a week in the Hamptons, especially during the U.S. open would have cost you a whole lot more than a set of clubs
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 842 ✭✭
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna757731

There’s always this theory ! But rufffels has made 500k across pga tour platforms

The other guy I have no clue about
    golfdummy wrote:

Unfortunately, getting a house for a week in the Hamptons, especially during the U.S. open would have cost you a whole lot more than a set of clubs
    what if they were pxg’s
    Enjoy the chase.
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,284 ✭✭
    wait a minute.... people on social media exaggerate how fabulous their lives are? no way I dont believe it...
  • golfdummygolfdummy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    If you got driver to putter in the PXG's... You might be able to swing a one bedroom for the week 😉
  • RobertBaronRobertBaron Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    Ruffles IG looked pretty standard for the level of pro golfer that he is. Didn’t see any bling at all. Idk maybe he took down the first class photos or something
  • curitibacuritiba Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    jambox107 wrote:

I see some younger pro golfer studs on Instagram who play on lower tier tours like PGA Latam. They always post pics and videos of them flying first class, staying in awesome hotel rooms, driving nice cars, and it’s cool to see. Flexing hard.

I wonder how are they funding this lifestyle when the tournament purses on PGA Latam are small and they don’t place in the money frequently? Seems like it’s all cash out...

Rich parents? Equipment/apparel sponsor money? The math doesn’t make sense.

The flights to Jamaica, back to Miami then back to Costa Rica were Embraers and Bombardier. Not quite the planes that embrace First Class.

In regards to Hotels, many tournaments are held on resorts. Dominican, Costa Rica, Jamaica. Hotels were all inclusive resorts. Many players Airbnb with a group.

Naming two players that come from money is a terrible example of these kids you describe. Most are Grinding Fresh out of University playing for small cash hoping to get to the Web.com.

Finally, Ruffels had a full time caddie last year. Not this year.
  • puttfordouxputtfordoux Members Posts: 419 ✭✭
    golfdummy wrote:

just get you a big ole yacht (lol)!!!
  • curitibacuritiba Members Posts: 251 ✭✭

golfdummy wrote:

just get you a big ole yacht (lol)!!!

Holiday Inn Express east-end in Riverhead is 375$ per night.....
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,565 ✭✭
    Cars can be rented for a day, netjets is a private jet company you can use, first class planes cann be business expensed, boats are depreciating assets if you play it right on your LLC, etc.

PLUS, people, even pros, only post the 'good stuff' online. They dont show you the everyday stuff.

I can walk over and play Islesworth CC if I wanted to right behind Ruffles right now, but I'm not gonna post on snapchat about it...(well, I might).
    Long Live Nike
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,680 ✭✭
    Prestige Worldwide
  • NaBUru38NaBUru38 Members Posts: 791 ✭✭
    Many PGA Tour Latinoamérica tournaments are sponsored by resorts.
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,284 ✭✭
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭
    Welcome to another exciting segment of POST BREAKDOWN by Ferg

I see some younger pro golfer studs on Instagram who play on lower tier tours like PGA Latam. They always post pics and videos of them flying first class, staying in awesome hotel rooms, driving nice cars, and it’s cool to see. Flexing hard. I wonder how are they funding this lifestyle when the tournament purses on PGA Latam are small and they don’t place in the money frequently? Seems like it’s all cash out... Rich parents? Equipment/apparel sponsor money? The math doesn’t make sense.

It’s called embellishment.
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    Ferguson wrote:

Welcome to another exciting segment of POST BREAKDOWN by Ferg

I see some younger pro golfer studs on Instagram who play on lower tier tours like PGA Latam. They always post pics and videos of them flying first class, staying in awesome hotel rooms, driving nice cars, and it’s cool to see. Flexing hard. I wonder how are they funding this lifestyle when the tournament purses on PGA Latam are small and they don’t place in the money frequently? Seems like it’s all cash out... Rich parents? Equipment/apparel sponsor money? The math doesn’t make sense.

It’s called embellishment.

I think it could also be called "welcome to the world of social media" First reflex should be to assume everything is bullsh*t
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,201 ✭✭
    McCann1 wrote:

Wish I could live that life. Instead I was stuck in an airport today since I didn’t have enough credit to rent a car lol. Maybe next year I’ll fly private to Canadian tour events

Come to Asia. No need to rent a car when a 1hr cab ride is $8