Bettinardi 2019

swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,612 ✭✭
Anyone seen or rolled the new studio stock series? I’m curious how the finish compares to last years.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Comments

• burns9304burns9304 Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    The 2019 Studio Stock is a bead blasted/slightly dulled stainless steel. The finish looks nothing like the last studio stock which was carbon steel with a gray coating.
    Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Triple Diamond 9* Graphite Design Tour IZ 6X
    TaylorMade M3 16* Graphite Design Tour IZ 7X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Graphite Design Tour IZ 95X
    PXG 0311T 4-PW Matrix Program F15 120TX
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 50*F, 54*M, 58*M Nippon Modus 125X
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow DASS
  • devey07devey07 Members Posts: 989 ✭✭
    Kuuuuuch! Big win yesterday and because of his efforts, it looks like Bettinardi did an early release of 2019 Studio Stock Arm-Lock model. All other putters are still only available for Pre-Order.

https://bettinardi.com/collections/2019-studio-stock-series/products/2019-studio-stock-28-slotback-armlock-putter
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    GRAY. Price went up to $400 for queen b and $450 for studio stock. Ouch!
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,612 ✭✭
    burns9304 wrote:

The 2019 Studio Stock is a bead blasted/slightly dulled stainless steel. The finish looks nothing like the last studio stock which was carbon steel with a gray coating.

Good to know. The finish on the last one felt terrible compared to the originals and I felt like rolled the ball differently as well, couldn't dump mine fast enough.

Looks like they kept length and loft the same as last year, shorter and less loft from the original. If anyone gets a chance to roll one let me know how they feel, its snowing outside but I'll probably pick one up before spring to try out.
  • BettinardiGolfBettinardiGolf Sponsors Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Hi Forum Members,

Quick update to our 2019 Queen B Lineup: You're now able to pre-order the QB6 in left-handed on our website. Link for your ease:

https://bettinardi.com/collections/queen-b-series-2019/products/queen-b-6-left-handed-putter

Thank you.
  • mn723mn723 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭
    Other than color, any differences between the 2015 and 2019 Queen B 6 models?
    Ping G400 Max driver
    Ping G 5 and 7 woods
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-GW irons
    Cobra King 56* & 60* wedges
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade Tour Preferred X ball
  • Hoolagn18Hoolagn18 Members Posts: 55
    burns9304 wrote:

I can't recall if I've ever putted with a stainless putter. Carbon has been the material of choice for most luxury brand manufacturers over the last 10 years. Stainless seems to be a common thread this year with most new releases, I look forward to giving a few putters some roll time. Especially the Betti's
  • cargo8cargo8 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Stainless is typically slightly clickier than Carbon has been my prior experience, should be interesting to see how it compares.

I'm rolling a carbon steel SS28 right now
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5° Mitsubishi Diamana DF 50S
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3W Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661S
    Taylor Made GAPR Lo 2-17
    °KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid 65S
    Callaway X Forged Utility Iron 21° Oban CT-100 Steel
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Chrome 50.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 54.09 Oban CT-100 Steel

Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 58.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #28

Retired + Bullpen

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 3 34" 350g
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport
    Taylor Made RAC TP MB 3-PW
  • iKOH423iKOH423 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Isn't the claims that they tried to make this year's series of the SS more softer? Curious when you say that stainless feels more clicky how that would work out.
    Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 Deg.
    Fairway Wood: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 15 Deg
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 3 19 Deg.
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges 56/60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 18' Select Newport 2
    iKOH423 wrote:

Isn't the claims that they tried to make this year's series of the SS more softer? Curious when you say that stainless feels more clicky how that would work out.

See my post above, if I’m interpreting this right the coating on last years was extremely firm even though the head itself was carbon. The FIT face is as soft as it gets regardless of head material
    swizbeatz wrote:

iKOH423 wrote:

See my post above, if I'm interpreting this right the coating on last years was extremely firm even though the head itself was carbon. The FIT face is as soft as it gets regardless of head material

I personally didn't think it was as soft as some others, I much preferred the BB line released last year in terms of feel. I never would have attributed that to the coating that was used. I am very interested to try out the new SS series though without the coating on it to see how it rolls.
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCalMembers Posts: 394 ✭✭
    Ah that explains why I didn’t like the previous release. I tried putting with it at the golf shop several times and never liked the hard feel coming off the face.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-GD AD IZ 7S shaft
    Taylormade M6 3W-GD AD IZ 8S shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 58* C Grind
    Scotty Cameron modified Detour Newport 2 putter
    Scotty Cameron Black Mist Notchback Putter
    Titleist yellow ProV1X 
    FlyOver wrote:

Ah that explains why I didn’t like the previous release. I tried putting with it at the golf shop several times and never liked the hard feel coming off the face.

I’ve been in an arm lock for a long time and couldn’t stand last years. Felt hard and the ball shot off the face. It was crazy to me how different it felt than the other two arm locks I have with the same face milling.
  • artsmart73artsmart73 the art of golf Members Posts: 855
    The Queen B series is sick
    910 D2 9.5*
    910 Fd 15*
    910 H 21*
    712 U 4i
    MP 57 5i-6i
    MP 59 7i-8i
    MP 15 9i
    SM6 47*F08 SM6 52*F12
    SM6 56*M08 SM5 60*K
    AOP NP 2
    Chrome soft
    WITB Link
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,062 ✭✭
    artsmart73 wrote:

Tempted myself!

Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

= Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • SC SeawolfSC Seawolf Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    artsmart73 wrote:

artsmart73 wrote:

I just purchased the QB6. With the grip color and head cover I expect plenty of smack talk from my golfing buddies. I can only PRAY I am making putts...then it won't matter.

I liked the color of grip and head cover better on the SS, but the size of the head was a bit larger than the QB6. I know for some that may be better, but I just liked looking down at the smaller head. I also liked the pop off the club face of the QB6.

Both are great putters...

I also considered the Evnroll ER2. Nice putter, but a bit heavier. Also the GG I was in did not have the ER2 with a smaller grip.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,569 ✭✭
    edited Jan 25, 2019 7:46am #18
    I found the 2018 BB series to be much softer off the face and feel heavenly compared to every other Betti putter available in 2018. I dont know what it is, as I’m aware the fit face was supposed to be the softest, so perhaps it is the finish: but that BB1 was perfection for me.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• willie991willie991 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Just rec'd my 2019 Studio Stock SS28 Notchback. It is love at first sight! Problem, though, is that our course is currently snow-covered. The moment we are back playing, I will begin a review on this forum to keep all informed of how the marriage works out.

This past couple of years I've bagged a Cameron Select GoLo. It's the black mist finish and the GoLo that was solid, not the newer insert design. I also have some assorted Ping older style putters that see daylight every so often. I ordered the Notchback as it is can be considered a "mid-mallet" but retains significant look of the Anser 4's I've bagged in years past.

More to come later as we begin the journey of lowered scores with fewer putts!!
    SC Seawolf wrote:
    artsmart73 wrote:

artsmart73 wrote:

I just purchased the QB6. With the grip color and head cover I expect plenty of smack talk from my golfing buddies. I can only PRAY I am making putts...then it won't matter.

I liked the color of grip and head cover better on the SS, but the size of the head was a bit larger than the QB6. I know for some that may be better, but I just liked looking down at the smaller head. I also liked the pop off the club face of the QB6.

Both are great putters...

I also considered the Evnroll ER2. Nice putter, but a bit heavier. Also the GG I was in did not have the ER2 with a smaller grip.

I wouldn’t even hear that noise. The current series is tight. I am having serious problems getting the Queen B #5 out of my head. And the head-cover is pretty unique. The micro honeycomb is something to experience. As long as you don’t 3 putt...
    910 D2 9.5*
    910 Fd 15*
    910 H 21*
    712 U 4i
    MP 57 5i-6i
    MP 59 7i-8i
    MP 15 9i
    SM6 47*F08 SM6 52*F12
    SM6 56*M08 SM5 60*K
    AOP NP 2
    Chrome soft
    WITB Link
  • cargo8cargo8 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    BB / QB (honeycomb mill generally) is much clickier than anything with a FIT face. Surprised to hear ya'll saying they feel softer but I guess we all have different feels image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5° Mitsubishi Diamana DF 50S
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3W Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661S
    Taylor Made GAPR Lo 2-17
    °KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid 65S
    Callaway X Forged Utility Iron 21° Oban CT-100 Steel
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Chrome 50.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 54.09 Oban CT-100 Steel

Taylor Made Milled Grind Black 58.09 Oban CT-100 Steel
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #28

Retired + Bullpen

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 3 34" 350g
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport
    Taylor Made RAC TP MB 3-PW
  • tim583tim583 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    I have a slotback cs hive release (blacked out), and I surprise myself by saying that it is softer than any other Bettinardi putter I’ve owned. Including a raw bb0 carbon that I’m going to sell. I’m shocked at how good this thing feels. Just my 2 cents.
  • gibbyfangibbyfan Members Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    tim583 wrote:
    I have a slotback cs hive release (blacked out), and I surprise myself by saying that it is softer than any other Bettinardi putter I’ve owned. Including a raw bb0 carbon that I’m going to sell. I’m shocked at how good this thing feels. Just my 2 cents.

I have the same putter. It is softer off the face, or sounds softer off the face. At a fitting, my fitter said the most people who like to die the put into the hole like the honeycomb face.
  • SC SeawolfSC Seawolf Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    cargo8 wrote:

BB / QB (honeycomb mill generally) is much clickier than anything with a FIT face. Surprised to hear ya'll saying they feel softer but I guess we all have different feels image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You are correct. I liked the QB6 because the ball is very crisp coming off the putter face.

I've been using a counter balanced Ping mallet for the last 7+ years. I've finally become a decent ball striker. Now I see the impact my poor putting has on my scores...this winter all I am doing is prating putting...And the QB6 is a classic style with a slight toe hang.
  • onafridayonafriday Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    I stumbled on one of these at Haggan Oaks in Sacramento. Wasn’t really looking for a putter. They let you demo on outdoor practice greens there.

Anyway- this putter has been a lot of fun to play and get to know the last month or so.

https://bettinardi.com/products/queen-b-10-blackout-putter

TaylorMade M5 9* Diamana W 60x
    Cobra King F9 Tour 14.5* Tensei CK Pro Blue 60tx
    Titleist 818H1 19*, 818H2 23* Tour Spec 8.8x
    Srixon z585 (5-P) Modus3 120x
    Vokey SM7 (raw) 48F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120x
    Bettinardi BBO DASS Proto RJBB716
    onafriday wrote:
    I stumbled on one of these at Haggan Oaks in Sacramento. Wasn’t really looking for a putter. They let you demo on outdoor practice greens there.

Anyway- this putter has been a lot of fun to play and get to know the last month or so.

https://bettinardi.com/products/queen-b-10-blackout-putter

Holy $hIt
    910 D2 9.5*
    910 Fd 15*
    910 H 21*
    712 U 4i
    MP 57 5i-6i
    MP 59 7i-8i
    MP 15 9i
    SM6 47*F08 SM6 52*F12
    SM6 56*M08 SM5 60*K
    AOP NP 2
    Chrome soft
    WITB Link
    edited Jan 26, 2019 10:39pm #27
    I went to my local PGATSS today and rolled the new 2019 Studio Stock line. Oh man, I cannot wait to order one of these. The roll was so much better than the previous model, so pure. It's really clean and sleek with removing the "Bettinardi" and replacing it with the "B" logo.
  • A_G GolfA_G Golf Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Gotta say that they do feel great, nice soft feel but responsive which is great IMO
    Driver: Ping G400 LST, Hzurdus Yellow
    3- Wood: Cobra F8+, Hzurdus Black
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, KBS Tour C-Taper X 130
    Wedges: Titiliest SM6 50* and 60*, Taylormade Spin Milled 56*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (SummerLovin)
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,693 ✭✭
    iKOH423 wrote:

I went to my local PGATSS today and rolled the new 2019 Studio Stock line. Oh man, I cannot wait to order one of these. The roll was so much better than the previous model, so pure. It's really clean and sleek with removing the "Bettinardi" and replacing it with the "B" logo.

I agree, absolutely loved the look, feel/sound, and roll of the new Studio Stock 2. Beautiful putter. My only issue was the toe hang - it's very nearly face balanced.
  • jsheljshel Members Posts: 646 ✭✭
    I liked the look and feel of both lines when I rolled them at PGATSS.

I have always been a fan of the Queen Bee 6 and have considered buying one in the past - both the previous stock model and the limited one with the copper insert.

I think these will do well. They are solid putters with a bunch of different looks for different strokes/preferences.
    Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 degrees Mitsubishi Tensei shaft
    3W: TaylorMade M1
    Hybrid: Callaway XR 19 degree
    Irons: PXG XF Gen 2 Steelfiber shafts
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 54, 58
    Putter: Cameron & Crown Fastback
  • willie991willie991 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Our course should reopen tomorrow. Snow pretty well gone. Greens will be far from pristine, but nothing will keep me from giving my 2019 SS28 its virgin outing!! Should get in two to three rounds before the next wave of winter is supposed to come through.