George Gankas online lessons?

Does GG do any online lessons for people out of state? Tried finding a site but all I see is a letter from him saying he’s not affiliated with ggswingtips anymore

Comments

• NikeGolferTXNikeGolferTX Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Yes. Send him a message on his instagram.
  • blpmobilblpmobil ClubWRX Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Yep. Just did my first. Very thorough.
  • CaseJCaseJ Members Posts: 7
    I am very interested in his online lesson. Could you please offer some information on the lesson. How was it conducted? Did you hit balls during the lesson or was it more a review of a recorded swing. How much was it?
  • thebogeyputtthebogeyputt NYCMembers Posts: 52 ✭✭
    CaseJ wrote:

I am very interested in his online lesson. Could you please offer some information on the lesson. How was it conducted? Did you hit balls during the lesson or was it more a review of a recorded swing. How much was it?

bump for this. anyone know rates?
  • hehateme2285hehateme2285 Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I haven't done it, but it's $200. You send a Face-On and Down the Line swing. And he sends back recommendations based on that.
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    Exotics XCG 15* with Mitsubishi Fubuki 85x
    Adams Super DHY 21* with Proforce 85x
    Srixon 765 4-5 iron with Modus 125x
    Srixon 965 6-PW with Modus 125x
    Vokey SM7 52-08 F with Modus 125x, 56-10 S with DDTI S400, 60-04 L with DDTI S400
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • JLewJLew Members Posts: 943 ✭✭

I haven't done it, but it's $200. You send a Face-On and Down the Line swing. And he sends back recommendations based on that.

$200 per lesson? Any packages? I like Gankas a lot and the guy can charge whatever people are willing to pay but isn't that pretty steep for an online lesson?

For blpmobil, how thorough? Worth the $200?
    Taylormade M5 : AD-IZ 6X
    Titleist 915F : Rogue Black 70X
    Taylormade P790 UDI : AD-DI 105X
    Taylormade P790 3-PW : PX LZ 6.5
    Taylormade MG 52/58 : PX LZ 6.5
    Evnroll 1.2
    Taylormade TP5X
  • MPStratMPStrat Members Posts: 971 ✭✭
    JLew wrote:

$200 per lesson? Any packages? I like Gankas a lot and the guy can charge whatever people are willing to pay but isn't that pretty steep for an online lesson?

That is a price someone charges when they don't want to do a lot of them
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,190 ✭✭
    MPStrat wrote:

JLew wrote:

exactly, he's got so many people following him on instagram and wanting a lesson that he would be so backed up with online lessons it wouldn't even be funny. I did do an online lesson with him when he had his membership site and was offering $60 online lessons. I hope he has changed his format since then because it wasn't all that helpful. It was all still picture based with text, also sent a few stock video clips
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    George fills a room with candy in the middle, 8 laptops and FSU freshmen. Lol
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,706 ✭✭
    Redjeep83 wrote:

MPStrat wrote:

JLew wrote:

exactly, he's got so many people following him on instagram and wanting a lesson that he would be so backed up with online lessons it wouldn't even be funny. I did do an online lesson with him when he had his membership site and was offering $60 online lessons. I hope he has changed his format since then because it wasn't all that helpful. It was all still picture based with text, also sent a few stock video clips

"Yo, dog, my bad-sorry about that, G" !!! zero-6.jpg
  • flogball00flogball00 Members Posts: 80
    I did an online lesson with him. I found it very helpful. The only thing I would warn people about is that you have to do the homework and understand terminology in order to digest everything he puts into the lesson. The video will be reduced to still frames at p1-9 with lines and angles with recommendations on where you should be and what needs to happen to get there. There may be concepts talked about that you may need to find a youtube video to relate it to what you need to do as well. But for me I had 1 online lesson so far and have picked up 8-10 mph and am hitting it better.
  • fmzipfmzip Members Posts: 245
    flogball00 wrote:

I did an online lesson with him. I found it very helpful. The only thing I would warn people about is that you have to do the homework and understand terminology in order to digest everything he puts into the lesson. The video will be reduced to still frames at p1-9 with lines and angles with recommendations on where you should be and what needs to happen to get there. There may be concepts talked about that you may need to find a youtube video to relate it to what you need to do as well. But for me I had 1 online lesson so far and have picked up 8-10 mph and am hitting it better.

George may not be suited for the average golfer for the very reasons you mention. I prefer instructors who provide video comparisons to the ones submitted. To me its far easier to depict what needs to be worked on.
  • Fairways_and_GreensFairways_and_Greens Members Posts: 798 ✭✭

How long has his new website been sitting there. Is he ever going to actually launch it?

Rogue Sub Zero 9° Kuro Kage Dual Core tx
    917 F2 15° Diamana S+ 80x
    917 F2 18° ATX Blue 85x
    U765 20.5° Modus3 105x
    Z765 Modus3 125x
    Z765 51° Modus3 125x
    Mack Daddy Forged 58° Super Peening Blue
    Rife Vault 001 Iconic
    Z Star XV
  • LowAndLeft32LowAndLeft32 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭

Any updates on people taking online lessons with GG? It would great to here people feedback after multiple online lessons. Thanks.

• airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭

I can’t imagine there would be too many people that have multiple online lessons from gg. Too unique of a pattern to go solely on online lessons imo b

Anybody else out there have thoughts?

• RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,666 ✭✭

I think I've taken 3 online lessons and 2 in-person lessons with GG. I think you're best off learning from GG in-person and then getting the online lessons. It usually takes him a week to respond back after you give him the video.

I think one of the best things GG does with his lessons is that he doesn't work in feels. Instead, he shows what it looks like and demonstrates and then gives you visual checkpoints and drills to work on. That's why the in-person lesson is so vital, you can get those in more detail because he has some time to work with you and see how you respond to certain things.

The online lessons provide a lot of information and it greatly helps to understand the terminology. If anything, make sure you utilize his drills. I think GG has a ton of great drills and is keenly aware of what drills to prescribe for different swings.

And it's really best to figure out the setup before you get into anything. He is insistent on having the posture and setup correct. If you don't have it, he'll just keep reiterating it because it's extremely difficult to do what he tells you if you have the incorrect setup and posture.

RH

Great feedback @RichieHunt! Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file