Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Odyssey Stroke Lab putter covers

4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with their Stroke Lab putter covers? My son’s looks like a few years old and he’s only had the cover 3 months. Seems to be only the top portion is deteriorating.

Comments

• RosalesRosales Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a dog toy!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9.5 Ping G20 Pink Bubba Edition
    13.0 Tour Edge Exotic [/font]E8
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]16.5 Tour Edge [/font]XCG-3 (Ain't nothing kicking this one out)
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]21Tour Edge CB PRO U HYBRID LE
    25 Tour Edge Exotic E9-Recoil F4 Shaft
    PXG 6-PW with Nippon 950's
    50 Ben Hogan TK
    54-Vokey SM5 M Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft
    58-Vokey SMS K [/font]Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]64-Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind-S400 Black Onyx Shaft
    Scotty Cameron 1.5 Select Tour COA# A30182[/font]
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

WoW,
    No Issues with mine maybe you should contact Odyssey.

• Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

WTF!?
    Looks like hockey equipment after a long season playing D

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left
    Ping G400 9.5
    Taylor Made M4 3-wood(recently destroyed)
    Ping G410 3H
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52 & 56 degree, Callaway Mack Daddy2 60 degree
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood

• COmedicCOmedic Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

Two months for my mallet cover, still looks brand new. I tend to keep it off the ground though and will typically leave it on my bag even if I’m taking the putter and a wedge.

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭

That sucks, poor material used maybe, is he cleaning it with something? Maybe a cleaner is deteriorating the material?

TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one brand new with a spot peeling off the back edge...I thought it was how it was packaged but it was kinda crappy to pull it out of the box that way. They actually seemed like really well made, the inside is really nice compared to most Odyssey covers....

• 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kmay__ said:
    That sucks, poor material used maybe, is he cleaning it with something? Maybe a cleaner is deteriorating the material?

Nope, just keeps it on his bag when he goes to putt.

@semarlor said:
    I had one brand new with a spot peeling off the back edge...I thought it was how it was packaged but it was kinda crappy to pull it out of the box that way. They actually seemed like really well made, the inside is really nice compared to most Odyssey covers....

Agreed, the padding is great and the reason I'd like to keep it.

Wow, I am just floored! Just as I was getting ready to contact customer service I get a PM from Mr. Toulon himself letting me know he'd like to send a replacement headcover. Are you kidding me? Who am I to get this kind of attention or support? I think it says a lot about the company with a gesture like this. My son already prefers Odyssey putters but I'm going to take a long, hard look at Toulon putters next.
    Thank you Sean!

• JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@4rheel said:
    Wow, I am just floored! Just as I was getting ready to contact customer service I get a PM from Mr. Toulon himself letting me know he'd like to send a replacement headcover. Are you kidding me? Who am I to get this kind of attention or support? I think it says a lot about the company with a gesture like this. My son already prefers Odyssey putters but I'm going to take a long, hard look at Toulon putters next.
    Thank you Sean!

It’ll cost a lot less than all the bad PR from this thread on this site.

Personally I don’t use the headcovers that come with my putters, they are stored in a bag in my bedroom, I use a cheapo magnetic cover which lasts about a year or so, then spend another £5 on another one when needed.

Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Ping G410 19 Hybrid Stiff Alta
    Titleist 818 H1 23 Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW (#4 at power spec loft)
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Cleveland RTX4 54 MID
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3, Studio Stock #28 Slotback, Studio Stock #38 & BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
    Piretti Forza & Matera Elite

I know it doesn't cost much for them to replace it for me but at the same time I don't think it's really bad PR since it looks like mine is an isolated case. Now if there were many responses they had the same issue, that's a different story.

• Bill BroderickBill Broderick Members Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

This is the perfect way to create brand loyalty. I've always thought that a company that makes a mistake and then goes the extra mile to correct that error is better off than a company that didn't make a mistake in the first place. When it comes time to make another purchase, I'm more likely to buy from the first guy because I know that I have nothing to worry about if there is a problem.

• maverickmaverick Members Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought a Stroke Lab Las Vegas used. The putter looks like it is new. The head cover looks like it’s 10 years old. I cannot find a stock replacement anywhere. Great putter, crap head cover. For the price they should replace these POS head covers for free.

• GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an Odyssey Black putter cover that looks similar, after few years in TX sun.....honestly that one doesn't look 3 months old, but if you say so, contact Odyssey.

Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights