Golf Dreams and Nightmares

edomingox

I had a weird dream last night. I thought I would share it here and see if anyone had anything similar. I really doubt it but it would be interesting to hear.

Normally, when I dream about golf, it isn't realistic at all. For instance, I remember one dream where I teed off in the street and I had to hit over a building into what could of been a fairway on the other end. I get there and can't find my ball. Another I remember driving into a canyon and overlooking the course where the holes intersected one another. By intersect, imagine 3 holes intersecting as how you would draw an asterisk. But last night, I had the most vivid one yet.

I was on the PGA tour. One of my playing partners I know was Henrick Stenson and he's always wearing his sunglasses. I remember getting dressed (don't remember what I put on, but that is important later) and prior to teeing off, I get invited to play poker at a table (with Henrick). I don't even remember winning anything. Apparently all the pros were doing something similar (and not warming up). I knew this but I did not see any other pros. After the poker game, I played 2 man team volleyball with them too, but using a balloon and hitting it between a doorway entrance to some pub with Henrick and his partner (his partner was an old coworker I haven't seen in 10 years) and I don't know who my partner was, but he was no help. I kept double hitting to make up for him. Then it was time to go to the first tee and I realize I'm late. I can't find my yardage book. I go searching and find it but come to find that they already teed off. Now I'm thinking, "Wait a minute, I'm suppose to be playing with Henrick. How did he get there in time and I'm here struggling". I see Jason Day (standing in the crowd like a spectator on the sidewalk, again, the course looks like it's played on the street like a parade) and he points me to where the 1st tee is, which is through some pub two blocks down. I get in there and through a window, I see people teeing off near the side patio off to the right. And for some reason, I'm this is hole #2 where we tee off from a sand pit and through a fence that we get to pick 3 of the 5 slats to remove from. Apparently I planned for this because in my yardage book, I took a picture of which ones to remove, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd (I don't know why I left the one in the middle there). From there it's just like we are playing in the streets. You have to hit over some building. Apparently some pros duff it in the sand and it goes 2 feet. There they call it quits by saying "I'm done". Now I'm standing there and I see the coordinator (who is standing there with a clipboard and a headset) and I ask "Am I disqualified", which she could not answer. I know I am disqualified but I'm hoping they let me catch up by playing through. But, I don't even have my clubs with me because I have no caddy. I'm also wearing jeans for some reason and I'm wondering why did I put on jeans. Now I'm just trying to find all my stuff. As I'm walk around the place, I run into the coordinator again. So I tell them "I'm driving home", because apparently I don't live far from this tournament. So as I'm looking for my stuff, I know I was swearing about something but I don't remember what. But I do remember the crowd laughing because of my language. From there I wake up.

I didn't read all of that but I'll take your word for it that it was weird. I had a dream the other night I was playing a casual round with Rory and a couple of his friends at some course in Ireland and all I remember is I had like a 25 foot right to left putt and when I went to put the ball down to putt, it turned into a 1 footer. And instead of a hole, I was putting at an outdoor porch table type thing that was on the green. Also the ball I was using had some weird mini vents in place of some of the dimples that looked like car A/C vents or something. Pretty sure Taylormade R&D will be reaching out to me soon.

• Like 1

Hammer 6.5*
GX7 12*
Warrior Golf 3-PW
Squarestrike UW
Alien 56*
Double Duty Putter

My recuring dream/nightmare was to be invited to play at a top competition, like the Masters. I arrive and it's gusty and dark. Lo and behold, my equipment arrives and is a faded red canvas bag with 7 old clubs, like a persimmon driver and some blades, I'm luck to hit cleanly. (I think I had red canvas bag when I was a kid) I'm really screwed. Somehow I manage to shoot about an 80 and get out of town alive. Man, I could not wait until that round was over.

I guess my dreams are boring. They just have Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Aniston, and a hot tub in them. Sometimes the hot tub doubles as a time machine.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

We’re you able to make a full, unimpeded swing in your dream? I’m rarely able to do this, and someone on the board a few weeks ago suggested it was due to being under the covers. We’re on vacation this week and our room got warm last night, I pushed the covers down and went back to sleep. Closed out Lee Westwood 6&5 after a flushed 4 iron to kick in range. I’m considering sleeping without covers from now on.

> @golfandfishing said:

> We’re you able to make a full, unimpeded swing in your dream? I’m rarely able to do this, and someone on the board a few weeks ago suggested it was due to being under the covers. We’re on vacation this week and our room got warm last night, I pushed the covers down and went back to sleep. Closed out Lee Westwood 6&5 after a flushed 4 iron to kick in range. I’m considering sleeping without covers from now on.

Hahaha this is funny. I've had golf dreams but dont remember the details really. This is interesting, I'll try to pay attention next time and try to remember if I can make a full swing or not.

Omg, i have the worst golf dreams. Rarely do i ever play actual golf. Most of them, the entire dream(which seems like an hour) involve me trying to find a place on the tee where i can swing unimpeded. Theres always some obstacle in the say such as a tree, but most common is a wall of some sort. Or im in a room trying to hit through a window. I never get to hit the shot before waking up. Its so frustrating.

Omg, i have the worst golf dreams. Rarely do i ever play actual golf. Most of them, the entire dream(which seems like an hour) involve me trying to find a place on the tee where i can swing unimpeded. Theres always some obstacle in the say such as a tree, but most common is a wall of some sort. Or im in a room trying to hit through a window. I never get to hit the shot before waking up. Its so frustrating.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 6:40am

OMG...I have that kind of dream all the time. I never get to hit the ball. I once read of some famous golfer who had the same type of dream, so it must be somewhat common to golfers.

> @" Driver 8" said:

> Omg, i have the worst golf dreams. Rarely do i ever play actual golf. Most of them, the entire dream(which seems like an hour) involve me trying to find a place on the tee where i can swing unimpeded. Theres always some obstacle in the say such as a tree, but most common is a wall of some sort. Or im in a room trying to hit through a window. I never get to hit the shot before waking up. Its so frustrating.

>

> Posted: Oct 7, 2019 6:40am

> #9

>

> OMG...I have that kind of dream all the time. I never get to hit the ball. I once read of some famous golfer who had the same type of dream, so it must be somewhat common to golfers.

Only thing i can think of is i played competitve golf in high school and college, and its a “failure to launch” type dream. Like im playing incredibly well and i should win but you cant win if you cant even get off the first tee type deal. Lol i need a psychologist

> @" Driver 8" said:

> Omg, i have the worst golf dreams. Rarely do i ever play actual golf. Most of them, the entire dream(which seems like an hour) involve me trying to find a place on the tee where i can swing unimpeded. Theres always some obstacle in the say such as a tree, but most common is a wall of some sort. Or im in a room trying to hit through a window. I never get to hit the shot before waking up. Its so frustrating.

>

> Posted: Oct 7, 2019 6:40am

> #9

>

> OMG...I have that kind of dream all the time. I never get to hit the ball. I once read of some famous golfer who had the same type of dream, so it must be somewhat common to golfers.

That’s the only Golf dream I have. I’m on the tee box and there is just no way to hit the ball. Something is in the way and I can’t figure out how to get around it.

Mizuno MP-20’s

Ping G-410

Too funny! Recurring dream that I'm playing with Arnold Palmer at Bay Hill ( I worked there years ago) and the tee boxes are like 2 feet wide and you have to balance on them because it's like a mechanical bull. Another is the tee box is enclosed in a room with a tiny window to hit out of.

I’ve posted in other threads about frustrating golf dreams. I think most of us have them and they have common elements to them. For me however, they don’t come close to my police related dreams. I was a LEO for 30 years and I frequently have dreams that have nothing to do with situations I experienced but are about my inability to stop a charging armed lunatic. Other LEOs I assume have experienced similar dreams about your primary weapon either coming apart in your hand or being so ineffective it requires a contact shot and even that fails.

Give me a weird golf dream every night over those ones.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

My recurring dream about golf is that I'm in a wonderful place to play golf (St. Andrews, Agasta etc) but I lose time for doing something I don't want to do (for example, shopping with someone or visit the city), until I realise that it's very late, that it'll be dark soon and i won't be able to play.

Another verison of the dream is that I'm on the first tee of a wonderful course but I don't have any club and I can't play.

Obviously, the OP's dream means that he's reached some success in his life but is finding it difficult to break through to the next level. Various factors are blocking his advancement (some of which he cannot control and some he can, but has failed in doing so). Ultimately, he secretly fears losing control in public, failing, and being ridiculed...like 99.99% of us. Or it could mean that he secretly wishes to sleep with his mother or some random farm animal. Interpreting dreams can be tricky.