2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Need Help From Seniors

williamson41 ·  
williamson41williamson41  2WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm a new in this sport. Righnow, I have to buy Best Golf Irons for myself. Can you suggest some high quality Golf Irons or their brands? I will be really thankful for this act. Thanks again.

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• trapsmv15trapsmv15 Plattsburgh, NY 1756WRX Points: 121Handicap: 10-12Members Posts: 1,756

What is your budget, and what clubs do you have in your bag already, if any?

Posted:

Wishon 919THI 10* (45”)

Wishon 929HS 16.5* (43”)

Wishon 775HS 18* (41.5”)

Wishon Sterling 4-LW (37”)

Wishon Cavity Black CB3 (35”)

Snell MTB-X

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Tanner25Tanner25  6512WRX Points: 253Members Posts: 6,512

Sr and new to the game? I'd recommend hybrid irons. HB or HB Turbos irons from Cleveland, Wilson Launchpad or Cobra T-Rails.

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2  31527WRX Points: 730Members Posts: 31,527

Ping or Callaway are good choices. Think about your set make-up. Lofts are a lot stronger these days, so you may want to begin your set with a 6-iron, or even a 7-iron, and on the top end of the bag go with hybrids and/or fairway woods. If you can, spend some time working on your short game. You don't have to be young or athletic to develop a good short game, and it can be a real stroke saver.

Good luck!

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. 

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is, and not as it should be. 

• RP40RP40  141WRX Points: 117Members Posts: 141

Great idea!

The HB Turbos (redesign of the HBs) are easy to hit and very forgiving.

Posted:
  • Jeff58Jeff58 Bend Oregon 129WRX Points: 77Members Posts: 129

There are different forums on this site that relate to different topics. This one is about golf balls. If you would like some additional feedback about your Iron set question, you might ask in the ‘Equipment’ section.

Posted:
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX  3707WRX Points: 476Members Posts: 3,707

Buy a decent set used. Save some money on the clubs until you have a solid and repeatable swing. Once you’re at that point, go get fit for the entire set.

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7975WRX Points: 284Handicap: ScotchMembers Posts: 7,975

Add Cobra to your list. Great bang for the buck! T-Rails and Air Max are a must look for slower swing speeds.

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • wgpincwgpinc  44WRX Points: 40Handicap: 15Members Posts: 44

Get a used set of Ping G25 or G30 irons with a regular shaft, or late Xnn series Callaways, Taiylormade Burner 2.0,

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.