GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Modern Lunar Control 4?

achappy ·  
achappyachappy Bowie, MDMembers  1236WRX Points: 188Posts: 1,236 Platinum Tees

So I have 2 pairs of Lunar Control 4s that I absolutely love. The pair in my profile pic is going on 4 years old (my niece custom painted them) and they still feel fantastic. The reason I love them so much is because of the TPU heel and the stability of the shoe. The easiest way for me to describe it is it’s like having a car with sports suspension with very little roll. I have lots of leg movement in my swing and it seems like most shoes now have very soft bottoms and heels. The LC4 are extremely stable and the most comfortable shoe I’ve worn. I also have a very old set of Foot Joy Sports (probably 10 years old) that also have that plastic in the base of the heel.

A few weeks ago I was in the PGA Superstore and tried on a bunch of shoes and they are felt like I was swaying in a “Camry”. Just wondering if there are any shoes that have that similar sturdy heal contruction like the LC4? Just picked up a pair of Nike React Vapor 2 and they aren’t bad but still too much movement.

Posted:
Ping G30 10.5* Tour 65
Bridgestone J33 3W Speeder 757
Ping Eye2+ 2I KT-M

Taylormade RocketBladez Tour 3-PW DGS300 AMT
Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58*
Ping Zing 5BZ

Comments

• papichulostevepapichulosteve Members  1743WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,743 Platinum Tees

have you tried the tour-x? it doesn't have an outer plastic heel cup, but you can definitely feel your heel lock in, its super stable and really well cushioned for being a 'stability' style shoe.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FaReal87FaReal87 MAMembers  706WRX Points: 286Posts: 706 Golden Tee

The react vapor 2 is potentially the closest I’ve felt. The traction/cleat pattern offers the closest feel.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway Rogue 3-wood
    Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW
    Vokey RAW SM5 52F,56S, SM7 60K.12
    TaylorMade Spider (black)
  • achappyachappy Bowie, MDMembers  1236WRX Points: 188Posts: 1,236 Platinum Tees

Yeah, I played 9 holes with the Vapor 2s yesterday and they were pretty good. Definitely really comfortable and pretty stable. Not sure if they have the longevity of the LC4s but still a good shoe.

Posted:
    Ping G30 10.5* Tour 65
    Ping Eye2+ 2I KT-M

Ping Zing 5BZ
  • achappyachappy Bowie, MDMembers  1236WRX Points: 188Posts: 1,236 Platinum Tees

No I didn't but they look really close to the FJ Sports I still have which was the first pair with that stability heel. Will definitely take a look at these! Thank you!

Posted:
    Ping G30 10.5* Tour 65
    Ping Eye2+ 2I KT-M

Ping Zing 5BZ
  • ShowMeShowMe Members  546WRX Points: 95Handicap: 1.4Posts: 546 Golden Tee

I loved my LC 4's, too. Lightweight and comfortable, but with great grip and lateral stability. I had three pairs. I was very disappointed when Nike dropped the line.

I've moved on to the React Vapor 2's. They have a heel counter, like the LC 4's, and are lightweight, comfortable, and stable. I think the heel is a little higher on them than on the LC 4's, though. I liked height of the LC 4's better.

Tried the ZITs, but they had horrible grip and lateral stability for me. Super comfortable, though.

I'm going to get a pair of the Roshe Tours on eBay. They have the same Lunarlon cushioning as the LC 4's. I tried the regulars on in the store last year, but they were too narrow. Going to try and get a pair in Wide. I see quite a few of Nike's PGA pros wearing them when more expensive options are available to them. Figured I'd give them a try.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 13.5* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 18* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping i210 5-UW Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Glide 2.0 SS 56* Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scottie Newport M2[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.