Stratton's WITB ~Red White & PING~ **NEW UPDATE VIDEO PAGE 18**

Comments

• DeerslayerDeerslayer Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill...... Members Posts: 1,820 ✭✭
    Should be fixed now............clapping.gif
  • TMfan54TMfan54 NJMembers Posts: 2,248 ✭✭
    edited Jan 31, 2011 #63
    awesome pics! i really like that bag and those headcovers.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TM Original One 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke 
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* E8 Beta Alidila Rogue
    Titleist T-MB 2 iron HRZDUS Black
    Miura 4-9 raw Tournament Blades KBS black nickel
    Titleist SM7 48*
    Miura 52 & 56* K grind DG TI
    Vokey SM6 62*
    TM Spyder X
  • b~carnoustieb~carnoustie Titrixon Man Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
  • T REXT REX Lefty Boomers Posts: 270
    Really quite amazing. I just bought a Scottsdale ZB today (steppingstone to a Redwood) and plan on trying S56 or i15 irons within the next two months. This bag is my DREAM! Why did he choose not to go with the i15 driver?
  • DeerslayerDeerslayer Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill...... Members Posts: 1,820 ✭✭
    TRex,

Originally, he liked and wanted the i15 driver, but it was pretty clear in testing that the G15 was a better driver for him. Biggest difference was slight mis-hit drives. He was longer and much more consistent with the G15. He has used a lot of good drivers over the last 5 years (Burner,R7 460,FT-5,FT9,FT Tour), and tells me this is the best he has ever used bar none.
  • BenzoBenzo Members Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    wow these pics are the greatest ive seen
    Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
    Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
    Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
    Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
    Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
    Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
    2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

• douggolf4douggolf4 Jr. Boomers Posts: 498
    Thanks for the videos. You gotta get him on here!
  • Beastmode BrokerBeastmode Broker Canadian AF Members Posts: 6,317 ✭✭
    how does your son like his bag???

would he play it if it wasnt given to him??

considering either a voyage, maybe C-1 or the 4 under

does the large pocket have enough room for a rain suit? or spare sweater or jacket???
    Taylormade M1 440 9.5 | Kuro Kage DC 60 X
    Taylormade M2 15 | RIP Alpha B 70 X
    Callaway XHP 20 | RIP Alpha 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900T 4-PW | TI DGX100 ssx1
    Callaway MD3 RAW 52S / 56W | DGS300
    Nike Engage 60 TS | DGS300
    Taylormade Milled Collection Mullen 35"
    This is his school bag. This bag was not given to him. His school has Sun Mountain bags, PING Hoofer (old style) and we had this one made to try it out. The team looks like they are going to go with the voyage heavier bags because of wear and tear. If they use a "school bag" they can ONLY use it during school tournaments and the bag won't have their name on them. They buy the bag with their name on them so they are legal to use them year around. Stratton loves this bag. It is super light, has a drink pouch and plenty of room for a jacket and rain suit. Being a full time walker, the lighter weight is a big plus. For an entire team and school, this probably wouldn't be as durable as the heavier Voyage bags. The down side to the Voyage is you have to get them screen printed on the side pocket unless you want your school name very small. They will be ordering solid white bags with blue piping in the voyage with WESTLAKE screen printed on the side in red and blue. The ball pocket will have the same logo with their name embroidered. The bags will be considerably heavier and odds are, during the off season he will carry this bag in tournaments.
  • NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 336 ✭✭
    Sweet setup though none the less>>>>>
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TAYLORMADE - M1 HZRDUS
    TITLEIST - 906 F 13*
    MIZUNO - MMC FLIHI 2 IRON*
    MIZUNO - MP32  3-PW
    CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 56*, 60*
    SCOTTY - Bullseye

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • Beastmode BrokerBeastmode Broker Canadian AF Members Posts: 6,317 ✭✭
    Deerslayer wrote:

This is his school bag. This bag was not given to him. His school has Sun Mountain bags, PING Hoofer (old style) and we had this one made to try it out. The team looks like they are going to go with the voyage heavier bags because of wear and tear. If they use a "school bag" they can ONLY use it during school tournaments and the bag won't have their name on them. They buy the bag with their name on them so they are legal to use them year around. Stratton loves this bag. It is super light, has a drink pouch and plenty of room for a jacket and rain suit. Being a full time walker, the lighter weight is a big plus. For an entire team and school, this probably wouldn't be as durable as the heavier Voyage bags. The down side to the Voyage is you have to get them screen printed on the side pocket unless you want your school name very small. They will be ordering solid white bags with blue piping in the voyage with WESTLAKE screen printed on the side in red and blue. The ball pocket will have the same logo with their name embroidered. The bags will be considerably heavier and odds are, during the off season he will carry this bag in tournaments.

ok sweet

sorry, i didnt mean "given to him" in a snotty way

i just figured being on a school team they got bags...obviously not this one tho

up here in Canada, we dont have high school or even college gofl teams (at least not in Saskatchewan) where we get free gear, so i have no idea how it all works

thanks for your response
    Taylormade M1 440 9.5 | Kuro Kage DC 60 X
    Taylormade M2 15 | RIP Alpha B 70 X
    Callaway XHP 20 | RIP Alpha 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900T 4-PW | TI DGX100 ssx1
    Callaway MD3 RAW 52S / 56W | DGS300
    Nike Engage 60 TS | DGS300
    Taylormade Milled Collection Mullen 35"
  • brad_mcwhirtbrad_mcwhirt Members Posts: 80
    Absolutely amazing! Seems like your son is quite the player. What a proud father you must be! Congrats! image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />

Ping Rapture: 9* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 13* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 18* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping i5: 3-PW with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 56* with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 60* with CS Lite Stiff
  • silversurfer8189silversurfer8189 Shakira, Shakira Members Posts: 213
    Best WITB pics I've seen, VERY nice setup too.
  • The BearcatThe Bearcat Members Posts: 289
    what type of paint did you/ your son, use to do the ferrels?
  • douggolf4douggolf4 Jr. Boomers Posts: 498
    I think they bought the ferrules.
    Ferrules are from Cell-Parts Mfg.

Here is there site:

[url="http://www.cell-parts.net/"]Cell-Parts Mfg. Old School Ferrules[/url]

• jrshields3jrshields3 Lefty Boomers Posts: 582 ✭✭
    Great setup!! Can't wait to hear how Stratton's season goes. I know you put a lot into the display of his WITB with the setup and photography. He also has a great set of sticks!
    Titleist TS2, 8.5*/ PX EvenFlow 65 stiff;
    Titleist 915 Fd 13.5*/ PX EvenFlow 75 stiff;
    Titleist 915 F 18*/ PX EvenFlow Blue 85 x stiff;
    Mizuno JPX 919/ Nippon Modus3 120 x stiff;
    Vokey SM6 46*F/TT DG x100;
    Vokey SM6 50*F/ TT DG x100;
    Vokey SM6 54*S/ TT DG s200;
    Vokey Hand ground 58*T/ TT DG s400;
    Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro V1x
  • The BearcatThe Bearcat Members Posts: 289
    Deerslayer wrote:

Ferrules are from Cell-Parts Mfg.

Here is there site:

[url="http://www.cell-parts.net/"]Cell-Parts Mfg. Old School Ferrules[/url]

thanks
  • aue21aue21 Members Posts: 603 ✭✭
    I have to say I have heard enough of Dad's (me included) that talk up their son's progress/future....but after reading this post I see great things for this young man with your support and finally clicked onto his swing link it is a beauty. Will only pull for him in the future ...good luck
  • SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭
    Great pics, well done. Maybe I am missing it, but why in the heck isn't Stratton on WRX??!!
    edited Feb 6, 2011 #82
    [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]but why in the heck isn't Stratton on WRX[/size][/color]

Stratton is not one to sit at a computer and surf. If he is on one of the computers, it is school related. He will occasionally do some facebook stuff from his ipad, but not much internet at all for him. He and his golf teammates also play the Xbox Live war game stuff, on weekend nights, but he has never got into forums. He has posted on here a few times last year I believe, but you probably could count on one hand his total posts.
  • SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭
    Deerslayer wrote:

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]but why in the heck isn't Stratton on WRX[/size][/color]

Stratton is not one to sit at a computer and surf. If he is on one of the computers, it is school related. He will occasionally do some facebook stuff from his ipad, but not much internet at all for him. He and his golf teammates also play the Xbox Live war game stuff, on weekend nights, but he has never got into forums. He has posted on here a few times last year I believe, but you probably could count on one hand his total posts.

So let me get this straight, instead of talking about golf, he's practicing and making a difference? Meanwhile, I am on WRX and still suck.

He might be on to something... image/einstein.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beruo:' />
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down! Members Posts: 5,139
    Way back when... My highschool used to be beat up on Westlake... image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Used to work part time over off the 120 Loop at a paintball field back when I was young and dumber!

Nice bag by the way, lots of works for some pictures!
  • polodinkspolodinks Members Posts: 141
    love the pics man that set up is nice.... hit them straight
    edited Feb 17, 2011 #86
    Time for an update.....Stratton had me install the black nickel shaft in his ZBD-66 and blacken the head darker.

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Way back when... My highschool used to be beat up on Westlake... image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Used to work part time over off the 120 Loop at a paintball field back when I was young and dumber![/size][/color]

Are you SURE you are talking about Austin Westlake??????

[url="http://golfb1-08-k.whs.eanesisd.net/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml?gid=1854928&sessionid=cb1c76db14d132c4b748506214ac308d"]Westlake Chap Home Page[/url]

[color="#111111"][size="2"][color="#FF0000"]WESTLAKE BOYS GOLF

2009 and 2010 5A STATE CHAMPIONS

STATE CHAMPIONS:

*1980, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2009, 2010

STATE TOURNAMENT APPEARANCES:

*1980, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '86, '87, '89, '90, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10

DISTRICT CHAMPIONS

1980, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '86, '87, '89, '90, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, 2000, '01, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10[/color]
    [/size][/color]

[color="#111111"][size="2"] [/size][/color]

*I played on the '80 team

[size="2"]Not many can say they have "beat up" on Westlake in Golf[/size]
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,863 ✭✭
    Very impressive
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down! Members Posts: 5,139
    Not golf....

Football.. The main sport of the state of TX. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I wasn't into golf when I was in HS.
  • CANgolfCANgolf Members Posts: 466
    Great WITB, great swing. Good luck with everything in the future.
  • jbrunonejbrunone Members Posts: 2,636
    fishlines a great idea, it looks awesome!
  • RedSideRedSide Members Posts: 827
    Dang... that is quite the setup. Very impressive.