Moonwood Golf - 25*, 38", and yes, I'm serious.

rawdog

Reminds me of the original Adams Tight Lies fairway wood (the one from the old infomercial). I see you can buy those for like $12 now.

Cleveland XL Classic Driver
TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Strong 3 Wood
Ping G15 4 Wood
Adams Super S 3H Hybrid
Adams Idea Black CB3 Irons 4-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 58
Yes Tracy Putter / McGregor Bobby Grace M1 Putter

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That’s exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I’ve had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It’s really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It’s unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn’t, and the extra length doesn’t help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That's exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I've had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It's really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It's unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn't, and the extra length doesn't help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

PTM, can you remind us of your SS? I'd like to show others that there is no stigma in playing these clubs. You're no slouch from what I've read around here.

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That's exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I've had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It's really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It's unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn't, and the extra length doesn't help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

PTM, can you remind us of your SS? I'd like to show others that there is no stigma in playing these clubs. You're no slouch from what I've read around here.

About 110 with driver. I’m no monster with the big stick, but I can poke it out there 300+ when my brittle body doesn’t protest.

I am a plus handicap, and I’ll agree that stigmas are abundant in golf. I don’t know what it is about golfers, but the guy who hits a blade 2 iron to 40 feet is seen as the superior ball striker compared to the guy playing a 7 wood who hits it to 25 feet from the same spot. It’s pretty ridiculous.

I’ve tried pretty much every club out there, and built some pretty funky clubs. Short hybrids with big heads and low CG should be WAY more popular in my opinion. Just make sure you get the swingweight right when trimming the shaft. I also like to go a bit stiffer on these builds, as you don’t need any extra help with launch and it keeps spin down. This combo gives me really high shots that go straight. That’s just for me though. Key is finding what’s best for you and not being afraid to go with it if it’s not “normal”.

About 110 with driver. I’m no monster with the big stick, but I can poke it out there 300+ when my brittle body doesn’t protest.

I am a plus handicap, and I’ll agree that stigmas are abundant in golf. I don’t know what it is about golfers, but the guy who hits a blade 2 iron to 40 feet is seen as the superior ball striker compared to the guy playing a 7 wood who hits it to 25 feet from the same spot. It’s pretty ridiculous.

I’ve tried pretty much every club out there, and built some pretty funky clubs. Short hybrids with big heads and low CG should be WAY more popular in my opinion. Just make sure you get the swingweight right when trimming the shaft. I also like to go a bit stiffer on these builds, as you don’t need any extra help with launch and it keeps spin down. This combo gives me really high shots that go straight. That’s just for me though. Key is finding what’s best for you and not being afraid to go with it if it’s not “normal”.

Big fan of the new Single Length F8 hybrids ?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I think there's always a stigma around anything in an infomercial-style commercial, but in the end it's about whether the product works.

As you say, the basic design has merits, so it's probably about whether this style of club works for you. Personally the visuals (and offset) wouldn't be for me, but then I have different pictures on the walls of my house than you have on yours (with the exception of Isla, of course).

Hypothesis: If TM came out with this exact club and called it something equally odd like 'Project Atmosphere' that very same hunk of iron would be flying off the shelves.

Big fan of the new Single Length F8 hybrids ?

Some golfers are going to love them. They will definitely be too short for some people though (37.25”). Plus, people who don’t game single length irons likely will be turned away, as they likely won’t want to game a hybrid that’s shorter than their 6 iron, 5 iron, etc..

It’s a shame they aren’t offered in X. I think it would have been better if the front to back was stretched out more, pushing the CG further back. It looks like a player’s hybrid, which are really most beneficial for players who already hit it high.

It's not like all infomercial clubs are bad - remember the Orlimar Tri-Metal? I was working at a golf shop when they came out. People were very skeptical, plus the price was a little high for back then, so they would come in and buy one. Then they would come back in the next week and buy 2 more :)

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

GP Side Saddle Broomstick, 45"

So I have a set of Wishon single lengths and was thinking about cutting down a old hybrid and 3 wood I have to make a continuous. Can I just cut them down to give this is a shot?

Would want to add some weight back to the heads or else they're going to be super light.

Also would want to take a look at lie angle. It won't match the irons. It may or may not make a difference. Just things to consider.

So I have a set of Wishon single lengths and was thinking about cutting down a old hybrid and 3 wood I have to make a continuous. Can I just cut them down to give this is a shot?

Would want to add some weight back to the heads or else they're going to be super light.

Also would want to take a look at lie angle. It won't match the irons. It may or may not make a difference. Just things to consider.

Yea I was worried about the lie angle, might just try it and see for now as I don't have a way to adjust that myself, I have an old set of Slazenger woods and hybrids from 15 years ago that are just taking up room right now that would work well for this.

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.

Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids. Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it. It would match in well with your set. They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.

I have the irons and like them. But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegolf.com/pinhawk-slh-hybrids

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.

Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids. Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it. It would match in well with your set. They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.

I have the irons and like them. But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegol...awk-slh-hybrids

Oh, yeah, now you're speaking my language. I plan on building some of the Pinhawk SL woods this spring, and I'm debating on going with the 20* hybrid at 36.5", or play the 24* FW at 41.5".

For the price, I may just get the both and swap them in an out if the gapping is too close.

A 9 wood is already very easy to hit

there is no need for this

A Moonwood is already very easy to hit. There is no need for a 9 wood.

You can get Callaway 9 wood for a lot less than this

But if you like wasting money than go for it

I hear ya. I was just goofing around.

I bought an 07 Burner 7 wood for $15 that I was going to cut down this spring, but I flipped it on ebay for $45.

I love the idea of a shorter length wood with a ton of loft.

Oh, yeah, now you're speaking my language. I plan on building some of the Pinhawk SL woods this spring, and I'm debating on going with the 20* hybrid at 36.5", or play the 24* FW at 41.5".

For the price, I may just get the both and swap them in an out if the gapping is too close.

I have the 20* 5W and 24* 7W. Super easy to hit.

I have the 20* 4 iron, but don't have the swing speed to get it in the air so went straight to the fairway woods. Although I've heard good things about the hybrids, I just don't know that I'd be able to lunch that short of a 20* club even as a hybrid.

I have the 20* 4 iron, but don't have the swing speed to get it in the air so went straight to the fairway woods. Although I've heard good things about the hybrids, I just don't know that I'd be able to lunch that short of a 20* club even as a hybrid.

That's awesome. To not sidetrack the thread, could you PM me your SS and maybe some more info on the woods? Shaft, length, etc. Pics would be even more awesome.

Thanks!

The Perfect Club and Bobby Jones clubs were both infomercial clubs whose designs were incredibly well suited to a LOT of players.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

• 2 months later...

Note: This post is not in jest, and I'm not associated with the company.

Does anyone have experience with this?

In a world of infomercial products, this doesn't seem toooooo gimmicky, does it? ;)

https://www.moonwoodgolf.com/

I think this club is legit for the average golfer. It looks like it would help full shots and chipping.

• 2 weeks later...

"This seems like a new version of the Perfect Club."

That is an insult to the perfect club. At least it looked like a golf club and was ahead of the curve

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon Q Star Tour 

Hey, since this thread has been revived, just a quick update:

I ordered in1zone single length fairways Friday. They hand-picked 15*, 19* and 23* heads for me for a slight upcharge. 41.5" length.

But, the price was so good at under $50 per club that the upcharge was worth it.

I should have them this week and will post pics and maybe a review if it ever stops raining here...

https://www.diamondt...irway-wood.html

Good for Walter! Nice story. :-)

Too right about parking one's ego. I see other seniors who can't drive the ball 160 yards insist on playing the middle tees instead of giving themselves a chance to score by moving up to the forward tees...no one give a sh!t what tees you play but you. lol

+1 on the tee choices. Here in Pa we finally had weather to play this weekend and me and my roommate got out for 9 holes at the local course.

We both played for the local college and always played the back tees because of it. Now that we’re both graduated, we walked up to the first tee, looked at each other, and waltzed right on up 50 yards to the next set of tees. There was a twosome teeing off as we got there that we had to wait on.

Probably a man and his wife, she drove the ball about 100 yards and him maybe 150. They didn’t look that old but they played the forward tees together and in all, my buddy and I waited maybe twice the whole round.

We all played forward respectively, no one had to wait on anyone, and my roommate and I shot lower than we usually would even though neither of us had swung on green grass in 5 months.

It was truly the antithesis of a lot of the threads here. A beautiful day on the course, teeing it forward, and some good company.

It was cool being out on the course again and everything going so swimmingly. I think it’s gonna be a good year for golf. Here’s to hoping everyone has some rounds this year like the one I had yesterday!

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+

• 1 year later...

> @rawdog said:

> (Quote)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hopefully you're a Curb fan or else I'm good to look like a weirdo.

Porno Gill. One of the greatest CYE episodes. And of course since everything ties together in a Curb episode this one had a good golf side story. "Next time try picking up the f*ckin ball".

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX