POLL: Urinating on the course...

stealthrt91

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='360_CS' timestamp='1364683847' post='6727361']
I think it's okay for people to be in the woods or the trees when there is not a toilet near by but of it's near by use the toilet. Saw this guy yesterday taking a piss in the bushes and the toilet was 30m away.
[/quote]

I've pissed 2m away from the toilet and only used it as cover. I hope we;re talking outdoors right not in the clubhose. Anyways, I hate public bathroom and will go outside if given the choice. On course bathrooms are disgusting.

outdoors > home bathroom > club house bathroom > public bathrooms > on course bathrooms > on course outhouses.

• 2 weeks later...

We have woods around the whole course where I play, if I've gotta go I gotta go.

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

My 4 y.o. and I were playing around the chip/pitch area at my local 9-hole muni as he went into "I have to pee dance". So, since time was of the essence, we quickly found a tree for him to do his business. It was either that or walk all the way to pro shop at the risk of him not being able to "hold" it; and having to end up going home because he had wet pants. Even took pictures and texted them to mom... She wasn't thrilled...

Now me, I would never do that. I would wait to use the facilities or wait till I got home...

Like anything else if you are discreet about it then no one should be offended. I once went on a golf vacation with this guy who just whipped it out wherever he happened to be standing and pissed. This resort we stayed at had houses all around the course. Let's just say he did not get invited back on the trip next year.

Being able to pee outside is part of being a man but at least try to hide behind something or go into the woods.

I don't see the problem with it if you're discreet about it. If you drink a lot of liquids out in the heat it's not going to be possible for everyone to wait for the restroom.

On a side note...I've got a golf buddy who says he takes "water pills" for his heart condition and has to go so suddenly and urgently that he'll whip it out and go about anywhere sometimes. Most shocking thing ever was in the parking lot. Loading up my stuff and I started hearing it. Blew me away. I'm don't agree with just going about anywhere if you can't be discreet about it, but then again, I don't take water pills.

I have no problem with someone going to the restroom out on the course. I do it when necessary. Just be discreet, and try not to do it in what would typically be a landing area for tee shots. Walk into the woods, or at least the edge of the woods, and not near any houses.

At my home course, I actually saw a guy urinate on the nice granite hole marker sign on hole #7, which the tee box just happens to be about 50 feet from the on course restrooms (right between 7 tee and 15 tee). We called the pro shop.

[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1363794255' post='6650583']
Just don't ask this guy--he is fine with taking a dump on the golf course by being prepared by carrying baby wipes.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/711906-essential-equipment-in-your-bag/page__p__5469018__hl__+wipes#entry5469018"]http://www.golfwrx.c...es#entry5469018[/url]
[/quote]
Do you believe he's just going to drop trow on the course? I think he'd manage to find some trees if possible. Some people have digestive issues and if an emergency evacuation is on the menu perhaps a little compassion is in order, no? And why do you have a photo of Sandusky on your profile? Weird.

[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1367266583' post='6939173']
Just don't ask this guy--he is fine with taking a dump on the golf course by being prepared by carrying baby wipes.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/711906-essential-equipment-in-your-bag/page__p__5469018__hl__+wipes#entry5469018"]http://www.golfwrx.c...es#entry5469018[/url]
[/quote]
Do you believe he's just going to drop trow on the course? I think he'd manage to find some trees if possible. Some people have digestive issues and if an emergency evacuation is on the menu perhaps a little compassion is in order, no? And why do you have a photo of Sandusky on your profile? Weird.
[/quote]

Ha ha, he's referring to me in that thread. If he bothered to read the thread properly then he would have realised it relating to emergency issues. We very rarely have conveniences on the course in the UK so when you've got to go then you generally have to find somewhere discreet. It's not like I'm going to drop trow on the tee box and ask my mates if they have something for me to read!

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

I played a few rounds of golf with some of the LA Galaxy soccer players. They wound kneel down, middle of the fairway, and piss out the bottom of their shorts. They said they do it on the pitch all the time.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1367297429' post='6942135']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ha ha, he's referring to me in that thread. If he bothered to read the thread properly then he would have realised it relating to emergency issues. We very rarely have conveniences on the course in the UK so when you've got to go then you generally have to find somewhere discreet. It's not like I'm going to drop trow on the tee box and ask my mates if they have something for me to read!
[/quote]
Catch up on some leisure reading between golf holes.

[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1367419244' post='6950611']
[quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1367297429' post='6942135']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Catch up on some leisure reading between golf holes.
[/quote]

Just don't be reading the tips in Golf Digest in the middle of a round, that will mess with your swing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where I play it's so windy sometimes that peeing outside is a practiced act - unless you're into waterworks...

This is the reason Jack Golden Pearsall doesn't shake hands at the end of the round. I am sure most of you are fine sharing man urine?
Oh the humanity....

Taylormade M5 Tour 10.5* 

Taylormade 300 Series 15*

Taylormade Sim2 Max 18*

Titleist 818H2  21*

Titleist 718 TMB 4 24*

Titleist 718 AP2  5-PW

Mizuno T20  54*   58*

Taylormade Spider GT  #3

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JonLanier' timestamp='1371611660' post='7278632']
40 years ago, it didn't matter. As a jr. golfer then, I just found the nearest shrub or tree. Today there are so many more women on the course that you have to take that in to account. Not saying that is a bad thing. Just saying things have really changed.
[/quote]

I dunno...i think the only thing that changed is how sensitive people are to stupid things like this. As long as you aren't waving it out in front of anyone, what is the big deal about watering some trees?

If I know there is a porta potty or half way house coming up I will just cork it up...if it gets bad I will take a couple steps into the nearest wooded area and water the local foliage.

We had a kid get kicked off our high school team for peeing in a ballwasher at our home course...it was funny in high school, looking back it's still kinda funny