2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

NIKE Q&A 2.0: Tour Van, Oven & Nike HQ answers questions 3/4/14. See transcripts here...

HipCheck

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1394009785' post='8801605']
[quote name='BCottle' timestamp='1394007187' post='8801559']
Hi Guys, i know i probably shouldn't ask this but i am in the market for a new head for my 3 wood head, my old cleveland launcher cracked and it is definitely time to get a new head as the shaft in it is great (aftermarket custom excalibur shaft), all i am asking is, is there any way for me to get a 2.0 tour 3 wood head and adapter, i think its time to rep team :smilie_nike:. would be amazing if i could get one here in New Zealand. :help:
and where and when can i get my hands on some RZN Platinum and black over here
[/quote]

Hey, if you can get a driver covert adapter, it should work the same as the woods adapter.

8.5 in driver will be 13 in 3 wood tour, 9.5 will be 14 and so on and so forth.

I have never owned it that way, but have seen it used, so i am guessing it works the same.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info Lesmond :good: , i am not sure where i could get the adapters in New Zealand, im just hoping that someone on here could shed some light on where i could get a tour 2.0 3 wood head and adapter over here. :dntknw:

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nike Golf HQ' timestamp='1393958014' post='8796389']
[quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1393474549' post='8755276']
Thanks for the opportunity GOLFwrx and Nike Golf. I am a big Nike golf fan and you guys are really kicking goals at the moment.
I have a couple.

When will the NG360 app be available in Australia?

What are the major advancements in the new ball technology? Ie what will I see?

What was the thinking behind the Golf Pride 2G Tour Wraps on the Covert range rather than the traditional Tour Velvet?

Can we please have access to the putter covers that the tour staff have? I Love the one that Rory is using atm.

Also I'm another advocate for releasing a TW and RM series of putters. I Love my 006 but one with a finish like Rory's would be awesome.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to the answers.
[/quote]

[b]Not sure exactly, but there is a group from WHQ heading to the region to review how to grow a stronger foundation down under. Too much untapped potential and we need to give our Australian supporters a better brand presence![/b]

[b]Since the 2G was launched 2 years ago, it has quickly become the #1 grip in aftermarket unit sales. This really raised our eyebrows…hence the consumer decides. When a component like this becomes #1, how can we not look strongly at it? Secondly, the compound allowed for shelf appeal in a rubber grip that is unmatched. It allows is to put out a vibrant white (that does not hold dirt) and a very vibrant red. Third, the grip performs![/b]
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you are looking at what to change in Australia because the agreement setup at the moment with Axis Golf is disgusting and I feel we get a pretty raw deal. I wish we had the same presence that is very noticeable with US consumers.

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='Nike Golf HQ' timestamp='1393991488' post='8800681']
[quote name='jokerusn' timestamp='1393990857' post='8800597']
Thanks, Nike, for taking time to answer our questions! I just have 2 more.

Any plans for a deep faced covert fw? I loved the T60 back in the day and hardly use a 3w from the fw. I think a face like the T60 with covert tech would be killer.

Also, and I know this topic has been beaten to death too, can you PLEASE release a method putter like Rory's? PLEASE?!? It's a moral imperative.
[/quote]

Nothing in the hopper, but good thought on the T60...might be a cool product to combine with today's knowledge and technology. Yes, we will launch Rory's putter. Just don't ask when. pure745 has paid us well to delay the launch in order to keep a premium value on his. Blame him, not us!!! LOL.
[/quote]

The putter coming to retail is cool. An updated T60 would be FANTASTIC!!!! Made it nearly a decade in the bag, and only got kicked out because I broke the shaft. I reshafted it a couple of weeks ago, and have been gaming it while I look for a replacement with newer technology. Please bring this to market! Keep the shape the same. Keep the long glued hosel. Add some new tech for an even hotter face. Make it red with the swoosh. Put a good stock shaft in it, like the KK in the Tour series. Then, just TAKE my money.

Love that you guys decided to come on to answer questions. I am even more impressed that you came back on to answer more. Thanks for being part of the community.

Any plans for a deep faced covert fw? I loved the T60 back in the day and hardly use a 3w from the fw. I think a face like the T60 with covert tech would be killer.

Also, and I know this topic has been beaten to death too, can you PLEASE release a method putter like Rory's? PLEASE?!? It's a moral imperative.
[/quote]

Nothing in the hopper, but good thought on the T60...might be a cool product to combine with today's knowledge and technology. Yes, we will launch Rory's putter. Just don't ask when. pure745 has paid us well to delay the launch in order to keep a premium value on his. Blame him, not us!!! LOL.
[/quote]

Please don't leave the lefties hanging on the 006.

Thank you.

Sim - Ad TP
M5 15 - Diamana B
Vapor Pro 
SM8 53, 58 
BM DH89SS 

Nike!!! I love the new RZN BLACK. Played my first round yesterday and shot the lowest score in a few years. :) Very durable and just the amount of softness and spin that was lacking in the 20xix

My question:

Will you be offering the blades in SATIN to the general public? Or can we special order?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1393999463' post='8801335']

[/quote]

Nothing in the hopper, but good thought on the T60...might be a cool product to combine with today's knowledge and technology. [i][u][b]Yes, we will launch Rory's putter.[/b][/u][/i] Just don't ask when. pure745 has paid us well to delay the launch in order to keep a premium value on his. Blame him, not us!!! LOL.
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ[/media]
[/quote]

Your petition helped rattle the cage at Nike to give us the 006 putter we all want. Nice job man!

I read through and could not find this answer directly from the Nike guys...Is the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi in the 2.0 tour, the same one Rory is playing. The true real deal Mitsubishi Rayon KK?

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1394047135' post='8804465']
I read through and could not find this answer directly from the Nike guys...Is the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi in the 2.0 tour, the same one Rory is playing. The true real deal Mitsubishi Rayon KK?
[/quote]

I believe Rory's is a prototype version of the TiNi. I'd say tweaked to his specs. Of course, Nike would know the definitive answer to that.

But the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi and the Black "HBP" are real deal stock shafts.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1394048420' post='8804623']
Not sure if Nike is still responding to questions or not? Do you offer a 3 iron in the covert forged iron set?
[/quote]

Looks like they have 3 iron in the catalog. I am guessing you can order them.

[quote name='Nike Golf HQ' timestamp='1393989152' post='8800411']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1393981105' post='8799203']
[quote name='zonacats23' timestamp='1393979117' post='8799005']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1393977637' post='8798851']
I just want to know about Golf 360 Android app.

*cries in corner*
[/quote]

It's not coming anytime soon. I've been tweeting at Nike for about a year and a half about NG360. Whoever is in charge of their twitter feed told me the first time that it was on its way and they were working on it. So I kept asking every 3 months or so. They quit responding to me eventually. So I emailed the address for NG360 app problems and I did get a response. If I knew how to post it I would, but the guy told me they're not working on it at all. Never have been. Wouldn't give me a reason but I'm pretty sure it's due to their relationship with the fruit company. I'm a nike guy for life, but this is one thing they are dropping the ball on. Why mass advertise the app on Facebook and Twitter if it's not available to HALF of the people following them?
[/quote]

It wouldn't even be that big of a deal, if I could still access the website itself...but the website is completely gone. It's ludicrous, actually, since Android outnumbers fruit users, that Android gets no app. I have a hard time believing that Apple cares...almost every app is available on both platforms. Except golf apps. Nike Golf, Tiger Woods Shotzoom, and Golf Channel Academy are all conspicuously absent from the Google store.
[/quote]

Fair question that us club experts do not know the answer to. We will ask our digital team if we have this figured out!
[/quote]

Really hope that an answer comes for this. It's really a shame that it hasn't been addressed before now. Light a fire under them!!

[quote name='Merle33' timestamp='1393947172' post='8794973']
A few more questions to add:

1 - I've seen the product spec sheet on here for the Matte Black Covert Performance 2.0 Driver. Is this the real deal? Is nike releasing a Black Version? Will there be a Black Covert Tour 2.0 Driver in the future as well?

2 - Last I checked, Nike will custom stamp irons and wedges up to 3 characters. With other OEM's offering more stamping and custom capabilities, is that something that Nike has considered offering at the retail level? For Example, I'd love to get some wedges with 'Jimmy 2-Stix' stamped in them!

Thanks so much again for taking the time to answer our questions!
[/quote]

you know who can stamp those for you Merle?

🍊

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was this announced already? 006 is real?

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1394070297' post='8807615']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If so, flex your muscles to get me a lefty one. PLEASE! :man_in_love:

edit: and while we're at it, covert 2 forged, black woods, and raw wedges too. :pardon:

:hi:

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1394070297' post='8807615']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nike announced it yesterday. [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/976764-nike-qa-20-tour-van-oven-nike-hq-answers-questions-3414-see-transcripts-here/page__st__480__p__8800681#entry8800681"]Post 486[/url]

Can't believe they said they'd release THE putter. Made my day/week/month/... I was so excited for the 2.0 Tour driver and this steps it up to another level. I know it's not official and there's no price, date, etc. and I will wait patiently for it, just being THANKFUL that our crazy cries for it might have helped bring it to reality. My only fear is that it's similar to Rory's, not exact. I really hope it's EXACT, down to the rounding of the bumpers and all, cuz his is perfect. And the black swoosh headcover would top it off perfectly!!

[attachment=2102751:image.jpg]

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='pr1mo990' timestamp='1394074913' post='8808391']
Can't believe they said they'd release THE putter. Made my day/week/month/... I was so excited for the 2.0 Tour driver and this steps it up to another level. I know it's not official and there's no price, date, etc. and I will wait patiently for it, just being THANKFUL that our crazy cries for it might have helped bring it to reality. My only fear is that it's similar to Rory's, not exact. I really hope it's EXACT, down to the rounding of the bumpers and all, cuz his is perfect. And the black swoosh headcover would top it off perfectly!!

[/quote]

Leave the Rors off the neck and that putter becomes perfect for a retail release!

I'd actually rather have a sight dot than a sight line like Tai's but hey, beggars can't be choosers. And if it's released with a line, Tai can still have a monopoly on his putter and Nike can keep taking his bribe money to not make it! Win-win

[attachment=2102795:image.jpg]

Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1393989904' post='8800483']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1393981105' post='8799203']
[quote name='zonacats23' timestamp='1393979117' post='8799005']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1393977637' post='8798851']
I just want to know about Golf 360 Android app.

*cries in corner*
[/quote]

It's not coming anytime soon. I've been tweeting at Nike for about a year and a half about NG360. Whoever is in charge of their twitter feed told me the first time that it was on its way and they were working on it. So I kept asking every 3 months or so. They quit responding to me eventually. So I emailed the address for NG360 app problems and I did get a response. If I knew how to post it I would, but the guy told me they're not working on it at all. Never have been. Wouldn't give me a reason but I'm pretty sure it's due to their relationship with the fruit company. I'm a nike guy for life, but this is one thing they are dropping the ball on. Why mass advertise the app on Facebook and Twitter if it's not available to HALF of the people following them?
[/quote]

It wouldn't even be that big of a deal, if I could still access the website itself...but the website is completely gone. It's ludicrous, actually, since Android outnumbers fruit users, that Android gets no app. I have a hard time believing that Apple cares...almost every app is available on both platforms. Except golf apps. Nike Golf, Tiger Woods Shotzoom, and Golf Channel Academy are all conspicuously absent from the Google store.
[/quote]

Main target is North America. iPhones dominate it. Easier to support one platform than 2. Sucks but it's the way it is. I can't have it unless android has it as well but I understand why they don't support android.
[/quote]

That's an easy way out. How many of Nikes golfers are from outside of North America? And Tiger and Michelle Wie are global names. As for it being easier for only one platform? Technically yes, but come on, angry birds, candy crush, etc. are doing just fine. It's simple, Nike messed up when they started the whole Nike+ thing with Apple and now they are stuck only being able to produce things on that platform. Lot of extra money sitting out there. Sorry I'm ranting. All just my opinion. Don't mass advertise when it's only available to half the public! That's all.

Leave the Rors off the neck and that putter becomes perfect for a retail release!

Agree, no need for the RORS on the back neck, plus I have a Rory putter already. :happy:

009_zps783e748d.jpeg

[/quote]

I'd purchase one just for the headcover and resale the putter.

WITB Link

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1394075446' post='8808491']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed! Love it just like that.

For the non-sightline lovers, have the alignment aid customizable. Dot, naked or line as custom options.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

[quote name='jokerusn' timestamp='1394111640' post='8810173']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed! Love it just like that.

For the non-sightline lovers, have the alignment aid customizable. Dot, naked or line as custom options.
[/quote]
I agree. The putter without the RORS on it would be perfect. Maybe the normal sole or interchangeable weights so weight can be tweaked. Perfect!

Agree, no need for the RORS on the back neck, plus I have a Rory putter already. :happy:

009_zps783e748d.jpeg

that's nice and all but the new one will be so much better :good:

Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='pr1mo990' timestamp='1394121098' post='8811193']
[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1394082331' post='8809285']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that's nice and all but the new one will be so much better :good:
[/quote]

That I don't doubt, I want the Nike Rory putter as well!