How much are memberships where you live?

I pay 750.00 at a semi private course. Unlimited play. Season cart fee is 550.00 and unlimited range balls is 160.00. I don't buy the cart fee because an 18 hole cart fee for a member is only 12.00 and I walk a lot of the time. I don't buy the range pass either. I buy a small bucket for 5.00 and guys with the range pass leave half a bucket and walk away. By the time im done on the range Ive hit a couple of large buckets between my small and their left overs.

Based on this thread, life is good where I live. I gota show this to my wife. Let her see how little I spend on golf as to what it could be.

Handicap 7.7

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='2putttom' timestamp='1395517352' post='8926219']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1395504319' post='8925275']
Maybe $700 to 1K around here. No dues, initiations, etc. You can pay more, but Maine is kind of a no-man's land of golf.
[/quote] There are more moose in Maine than people.
[/quote]

So true!

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

A lot of private courses do not advertise their dues. The 2nd best private club in the Ann Arbor, MI area, has a $9,500 initiation fee, $490 a month dues and a requirement to spend $100 each month in the restaurant/grill/tavern.

Once you start getting closer to Detroit, the costs go up for top tier clubs. For a club a notch or two under Oakland Hills, an initiation fee of $46,000 is listed with $540 monthly dues and $150/mo food minimum.

A membership at a nice semi private club around Ann Arbor might run around $1,750 for an individual (all inclusive: cart, range, greens fees).

Our local muni (one championship course and one executive course) sells memberships for $995 (no range and carts extra).

Toronto is stupid pricey, remember that approx 45% of the 33 million people live within 80 miles of downtown

Seven month season

My course is down to 35k to get in (was posted at 80 a handful of years back but 45 got you in over 10 years)

Annual dues are 6500 bucks plus 1500 F&B ... A cart plan is an extra 900 if you want it

My buddy is 90 mins East of me at an old classic Stanley Thompson course, I think it is three grand to get in and another three grand annually ... STEAL

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

What exactly is the question? Cost to join an equity club? Fully private? Semi private? Resort course? Annual pass to public course?

Define "memberships."

Here in sunny Miami Dade, an equity club is.... Seriously expensive. Golf gets much better and more affordable options in Broward County and still better further up in Palm Beach. But overall, golf is quite costly in south Florida.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

[quote name='Jon H' timestamp='1395510169' post='8925713']
In the central NH area it runs from 1,200-1,800 for public courses. 5-8,000 for private clubs, plus initiations, etc.
[/quote]

Cheapest I've seen is Waukewan, with their $800 weekday only, play after 12pm membership, or Maplewood was around $800. Places like Owl's Nest and Lochmere are like $1600. Then few not as nice, but running around $1200 a year.

Here in Stockholm, Sweden a unlimited play membership cost around 4500-8000 sek per year ($700-$1200). No cart fees (no one uses carts in Sweden unless they are disabled or something, everyone walks even 75 year old men and women), no need to buy anything from the restaurants or anything. Some posh clubs still have initiation fees or stocks that you buy from former members, but they are usually pretty cheap nowadays.

Actually, in Sweden you have to be a member of a club to get the compulsory golf license called Grönt kort (green card). To get the green card you also have to take a short course with a PGA Pro and be able to prove that you know the basics in golf when it comes to how to play, the rules, safety and golf etiquette (rake the bunkers, don´t walk in another players putting line and play ready golf). The compulsory memberships don´t need to be with unlimited play so the cheapest types cost around 600 sek ($90) and that includes a free subscription on the magazine Svensk Golf and an accident insurance.

Ping G25 12* Driver
Ping Rapture 17* and Ping K15 19* woods
Ping G20 23* hybrid
Ping G25 5-PW irons
Ping Tour Gorge wedges 50*SS/56*WS/60*SS
SeeMore FGP Original putter

[quote name='mshills' timestamp='1395522848' post='8926657']
What exactly is the question? Cost to join an equity club? Fully private? Semi private? Resort course? Annual pass to public course?

Define "memberships."

Here in sunny Miami Dade, an equity club is.... Seriously expensive. Golf gets much better and more affordable options in Broward County and still better further up in Palm Beach. But overall, golf is quite costly in south Florida.
[/quote]

A membership is the cost to play a particular golf course any time you want,as many times as you want, for a calender year.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I'm a 16 year old and the only golfer in the family so a membership is tough because some courses tell me I'm too young to get a junior membership and others are willing to listen and let me join. But by me(Nashville, TN suburb) it is either private(90% of nearby courses), Public(7% of courses), and muni(3% of courses) these are all rough estimates by the way. And the couple public courses within 30 mins or so of me aren't the best courses but I've looked into joining them. The private courses for a junior membership range from $200-$300 a month and $2k-$6k initiation fees. A couple include $100 month minimum for food and beverages. A public course I was looking at was $1500($125 a month) for 5 days a week or $2300($192 a month) for 7 days a week for unlimited golf, range, and carts(carts are usually required).

And I'd say about 70% the golfers in my area are members somewhere, so private courses are very popular compared to public ones.

I'm considering a summer membership at the local CC, decent course, not very challenging for better players but its still hard to me haha. $300 for the summer, or $90 a month yearly just M-thursday green fees, and it goes up from there for full week prices, voting priveleges etc.

the NICE course near me has a M-thursday yearly membership of 1200, which if I had a more lucrative job would definitely consider worth the money. the way I figure it is find out how many rounds of golf you have to play to break even and ask yourself if you think you'll play that much.

so for the summer membership, I'd have to play 4 rounds a month to break even on that deal, hopefully I'll be playing alot more than that lol.

XR16 Driver 9*
X2Hot 3 wood
X2 Hot 3 hybrid

Steelhead X-14 2 iron
X-22 irons 4-P
MD2 wedges 52/58*

Odyssey Backstryke Marxman

Free golf if you work there. :taunt:

Normally though it's 2,700$ with access to 3 courses on 7 days. Spouse add-on is 1,150$ and Junior add-on is 600$. This is w/o tax.

The practice facilities are worth it alone if you are a junior on the up and up.

Besides that, not really sure if golf memberships are worth it anymore unless you have a lot of free time.

Local nine hole muni is $580 for unlimited golf for a family of four. That's us.

Resort course is 1200 for an indivudual unlimited. $100 gets you half off greens fees and a free 18 holes so I usually get that deal and play there a few times a summer.

We wear that muni out. It is actually an interesting course to play and it can be played a number of ways so I don't really get bored.

Where I live there are basically 3 private courses. One is a 9 hole course and the dues are roughly $1250 per yer, cart extra $15 per 18, and a $200 food minimum for the year. Course is a goat track for the most part. The two other clubs are similar, $3000 initiation, $300 monthly dues, $175 per quarter food minimum, $500 annual cart fee option. Public courses are $45 per round on the weekends and are jammed packed 5 hour sluggfests.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Small town Nebraska public 9 hole course, about $450 a year for family membership. $80 for me to drive my cart on, $120 to store your cart on course. Love small town living, cheap golf.

Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Mizuno jpx-825 pro irons 4-PW
Cleveland RTX wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1395524255' post='8926781']
In the central NH area it runs from 1,200-1,800 for public courses. 5-8,000 for private clubs, plus initiations, etc.
[/quote]

Cheapest I've seen is Waukewan, with their $800 weekday only, play after 12pm membership, or Maplewood was around $800. Places like Owl's Nest and Lochmere are like $1600. Then few not as nice, but running around $1200 a year.
[/quote]

Pheasant Ridge is 700. Lochmare is only 1600? They have fees though, from what I hear.

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select

[quote name='Jon H' timestamp='1395538409' post='8928189']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1395524255' post='8926781']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Pheasant Ridge is 700. Lochmare is only 1600? They have fees though, from what I hear.
[/quote]

I didn't think Pheasant Ridge did a stand alone membership...I thought you had to pay $1200 for the Pheasant Ridge, White Mountain, and Country Club of New Hampshire. I would be very interested in a $700 membership at Pheasant Ridge...

Below is the link to the public course I play. It's $400 for the year for me and my family. I had to "buy" a share at $2200 in order to try to get in the cart shed. After I get in the cart shed, it's $300 or so to leave it out there. Until then it's $10 a person for a cart. It's short yet challenging course. Pretty good shape for all the rounds it sees.

http://golfoakglen.com/

I live right across the street from a private club I could join, however it's very similar to the one Stevopagolf describes, a bit over $7000 plus a monthly meal requirement of $150. However in the company I work for, we have a league at a course sort of out in the country and the membership is $300 a year. A cart is another $12 for 18 (or $10 for seniors). Which one do you think I picked? :) By the way, local driving range fees would have been interesting to add to this question. Around here, a large bucket of balls (125) is $10 and a jumbo bucket (175) is $12, with a dollar off each for seniors. Or you can get an unlimited yearly membership for $300.

I know of at least one private club in my town that costs right around $5,000 per year in dues. I know of one semi-private course that charge about $800 for dues or $1,100 for unlimited rounds of golf with golf cart included.

I'd imagine everywhere else in town is somewhere between those two extremes. My own club (which BTW has a course worlds nicer than either the super-high-$$$ or super-cheap one I mentioned) is in between but closer to the high end than the low.

But you can play golf year-round on a perfectly cromulent golf course for $800/year and if you walk it will cost you nothing per round. I've played 1,000+ rounds on that course and it's not real nice but it's fun to play and in decent to good condition depending on the time of year. I may well end up playing there again in a few years when I retire.

[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1395575195' post='8929973']
I know of at least one private club in my town that costs right around $5,000 per year in dues. I know of one semi-private course that charge about $800 for dues or $1,100 for unlimited rounds of golf with golf cart included.

I'd imagine everywhere else in town is somewhere between those two extremes. My own club (which BTW has a course worlds nicer than either the super-high-$$$ or super-cheap one I mentioned) is in between but closer to the high end than the low.

But you can play golf year-round on a perfectly cromulent golf course for $800/year and if you walk it will cost you nothing per round. I've played 1,000+ rounds on that course and it's not real nice but it's fun to play and in decent to good condition depending on the time of year. I may well end up playing there again in a few years when I retire.
[/quote]

Those prices embiggen even the tightest of pocketbooks...