2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Stacy Lewis Hating on Li

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the gain setting of my hypocricy sensors set on too high or is there a bit of hypocricy in this thread?

You guys are saying that this kid is old and mature enough to play on a professional golf event. I'm OK with that. Yet, because she is young and new on the arena she is supposed to be awarded special treatment and not treated 100% as a competitor. Doesn't quite compute, does it?

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

I agree with Stacy that kids should excel at their own level as they develop their swing.

However, I have no problem with uniquely talented golfer to challenge herself by playing competition that is "better" then her. Not only would she see the best golf has to offer, but also she would gather some positive experience and learn from them. One girl golfer that I caddied for around Li's age played against the 13-18 year olds in a Goldcoast Junior tournament in Doral. She ended up placing.

Good to see that she was having fun and making the best out of the experience. That is all I would ask from someone like her.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 - Fujikura Ventus TR Velocore Red 6-X 

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 7-X

3-GW: Titleist T-100 Nippon N.S.Pro Nodus Tour 105 S

SW, LW: Callaway Jaws RAW 54* and 58*

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5

Ball: MaxFli Tour-x; Titleist ProV1; Callaway Chrome soft X

This thread has gone all sorts of crazy directions! :-)

I don't have a problem with Li qualifying. She followed the rules to do so, so she's in. In the future, any other young kid, no matter how young, should be able to follow the rules and attempt to qualify.

That said, I can't help but question to myself if its healthy for a child that age to be in a tournament this big, along with the focused and determined training it must have taken for her to already be at this talent level. I think Stacy's original comments were along these lines, but like most things Stacy does it didn't come off too diplomatically.

Why can't we enjoy the fact that Stacy speaks her mind? And that she's a hard nosed competitor. She's not all fake smiles and giggles, ribbons in her hair and face paint. Mr22, you in particular are always hammering the American gals for this behavior, yet Stacy is the opposite of that and gets no love from you?

And lastly, can we stop with the nonsense about the Marathon commercial, and how she's not living up to the message? It's not like that was an impromptu moment with her talking to some kids. It's (painfully) obvious she's just reading from a script that some PR person wrote for the commercial.

Honestly, if we keep hammering players who speak their mind, the only answers we are going to get is "one swing at a time", "I just have to keep grinding out there" nonsense answers to every question the media ever asks!

SL is not someone I'd invite to my dinner. But she isn't any better or worse than other superstars in sports. Let's see ... Mike Tyson, Rodman, McEnroe, Serena Williams, ..., and the list could go on forever. I think we are bit harsh on SL. She is no way near as bad as people I've mentioned in a previous sentence.

I agree with Stacy Lewis. It's a complete joke.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

[quote name='Arpeggi' timestamp='1403321686' post='9544425']
I agree with Stacy Lewis. It's a complete joke.
[/quote]

..she really strikes me as being envious of this young talented girl...

probably wished she had it too at that age.....

just let your clubs do the talking girl!!------your mouth aint't doing so well!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='jmvargas' timestamp='1403365016' post='9546003']
just let your clubs do the talking girl!!------your mouth aint't doing so well!!
[/quote]

I think Stacy stopped talking already long time ago, not like these threads...

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1403304233' post='9542801']
Why can't we enjoy the fact that Stacy speaks her mind? And that she's a hard nosed competitor. She's not all fake smiles and giggles, ribbons in her hair and face paint. Mr22, you in particular are always hammering the American gals for this behavior, yet Stacy is the opposite of that and gets no love from you?
[/quote]
Yes, I do like US pros like Lang, CHEESE, Paige, etc that just play golf without much fan fare. The difference.....these pros don't behave as a sore loser like SNaP.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1403366654' post='9546125']
[/quote]
Yes, I do like US pros like Lang, CHEESE, Paige, etc that just play golf without much fan fare. The difference.....these pros don't behave as a sore loser like SNaP.
[/quote]

Not a lot of wins from that group either, maybe they aren't sore losers because they've grown used to it! :-D

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1403366654' post='9546125']
[/quote]
Yes, I do like US pros like Lang, CHEESE, Paige, etc that just [b]play golf without much fan fare[/b]. The difference.....these pros don't behave as a sore loser like SNaP.
[/quote]
Fanfare usually occurs when there is something to get excited over. Do they even have the wins combined Ms. Lewis does?
Oh, but they give one heckuva media presser!

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1403372807' post='9546497']
[quote name='Chief Illiniwek' timestamp='1403368065' post='9546209']
Not a lot of wins from that group either, maybe they aren't sore losers because they've grown used to it! :-D
[/quote]
Yes, only one win....but if I'm going to play golf or have a beer....I'm ALWAYS gonna choose those three and others over SNaP.
[/quote]
Ah, now it makes sense. When given the choice of one or three beers, you choose the latter every time. And then come here to post? Pretty evident.
Never heard of Snap Beer, but it seems to be working. You're right on the edge.

Just went through 21 pages, 143 descriptions of "SNaP, snap, Snap, etc." on the Urban Dictionary site, and no reference whatsoever to Stacy Lewis.

We [u]really[/u] need to have a "nickname" dictionary on GolfWRX.

Any volonteers?

SIDE NOTE: Pink Panther, Weezie are easy. Boom-Boom, you have to know...! But, SNaP?

I'd like to know what every one is talking about.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

The US Opens (mens, womens, and Seniors) are NOT professional golf events they are USGA OPEN golf events. That means that anyone can with a low enough handicap can attempt to qualify and play. Only the Seniors events have age limits.
The problen with this forum is the amount of haters and complainers. This is why the world will never be free of hate and prejudice.

The young girl has my admiration. She has handled everything perfectly. She participated because she wanted to and the beauty of it is that she doesn't care. She wants to do it for fun and the final score wasn't an issue. She was in it for the experience period. The interesting thing is the she had a lot of fun and oh, in doing so, she beat twenty-some others which at the end of the day probably meant more to those here and everywhere than it did to her. If asked about her thoughts of the comments, she would just shrug her shoulders, take another lick of her ice cream and say that she doesn't care she is just here to have fun!.
Her play is not an indictment on the LPGA nor about the Women's game at all. The play by these women this week is pretty similar to the Men last week with yardage adjustments. If people have been paying attention this event on the same course as the Men has been a positive for their games. If anything, the women have had to endure a somewhat more ragged course in some areas due to following the Men.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1403380489' post='9547005']
[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1403375855' post='9546667']
Just went through 21 pages, 143 descriptions of "SNaP, snap, Snap, etc." on the Urban Dictionary site, and no reference whatsoever to Stacy Lewis.

[/quote]

Then I guess you're not one of the cool kids.
[/quote]

It also means that I'm not a dumbArse looking to say that way.

Since you seem to be an expert, perhaps [u]you[/u] could be that volunteer who could clue me in. Only then, can I hopefully say that I'm one of the cool kids. :cheesy:

[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1403391724' post='9547885']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since you seem to be an expert, perhaps [u]you[/u] could be that volunteer who could clue me in. Only then, can I hopefully say that I'm one of the cool kids. :cheesy:
[/quote]

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1026859-nicknames/

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now that 78Staff provided you with the urban dictionary you requested, try and keep up will ya'? :tongue:

I thought Ms Li showed maturity beyond her age. She is just so cute and she definitely got game. She tied with Gulbis. That is more than respectable as an 11 year old and even if she never makes it to the big show it's something she can tell her grandkids. I tell ya some people and I guarantee you if an 11 year old Stacy Lewis qualified she would've obviously played. Some people just never put the shoe on the other foot and look at it from a different perspective.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1403384430' post='9547263']
The US Opens (mens, womens, and Seniors) are NOT professional golf events they are USGA OPEN golf events. That means that anyone can with a low enough handicap can attempt to qualify and play. Only the Seniors events have age limits.
The problen with this forum is the amount of haters and complainers. This is why the world will never be free of hate and prejudice.

The young girl has my admiration. She has handled everything perfectly. She participated because she wanted to and the beauty of it is that she doesn't care. She wants to do it for fun and the final score wasn't an issue. She was in it for the experience period. The interesting thing is the she had a lot of fun and oh, in doing so, she beat twenty-some others which at the end of the day probably meant more to those here and everywhere than it did to her. If asked about her thoughts of the comments, she would just shrug her shoulders, take another lick of her ice cream and say that she doesn't care she is just here to have fun!.
Her play is not an indictment on the LPGA nor about the Women's game at all. The play by these women this week is pretty similar to the Men last week with yardage adjustments. If people have been paying attention this event on the same course as the Men has been a positive for their games. If anything, the women have had to endure a somewhat more ragged course in some areas due to following the Men.
[/quote]
I agree........Way to much hate for, and complaining about Stacy Lewis.

[quote name='gwlee7' timestamp='1403396242' post='9548273']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now that 78Staff provided you with the urban dictionary you requested, try and keep up will ya'? :tongue:
[/quote]
Why all the stupid sounding names for the LPGA players?.........Seems a little childish.

For the life of me I can't figure out the controversy.......

Common sense tells anyone - Thou shalt not speak Ill or critical of an Eleven year old.

Stacy screwed up. Whether she agreed with or was critical of Lucy's participation doesn't matter.

Politeness should overcome all. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way.

Does she have the right to voice her opinion? Surely.

Is that right of free speech subject to the feelings of her sponsors? YEP! You take their money and rep their company - you gotta behave.

At the end of the day there was a qualifying tournament and Lucy Li played the shots and scored the score. She got in.

Stacy can opine, pout, smile, hate it or love it - but that kid earned her right to be at Pinehurst.

No one with a lick of sense, after watching Lucy's Press Conferences, could claim that this is a case of Little League/Soccer Mom Parenting. She was having fun. And eating ice cream along the way,

It's 6-and-5 and pick'em as to whether we ever see her again. But this was Lucy's week as much as any player in the field.

Except Stacy. She lost stature this week.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Great post Lumber. As long as Lucy had a fun time and learned from this, all the better for her. If she decides to forgo golf for another interest, she'll always have this experience as part of her life and hopefully it will be a great memory.We were better off for having watched a nice young lady play a game. What an awesome smile and happy giggle.

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1403392423' post='9547955']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1026859-nicknames/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...6859-nicknames/[/url]
[/quote]

The link is in my favorites,

Thank you, 78Staff :hi:

@gwlee,
I promise

Lucy Li is proudly displaying an EDEL Golf logo on her visor.