No new acquistions...?

I am not a Wilson/Hagan guru but about what year vintage are those? They look great

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Haig,
Those are nice, thanks for sharing! Had a set of those at one time and gave to a good friend who later passed away due to ALS, hopefully those irons bring as much joy to you as my old set did to him!

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='Haig79' timestamp='1428108168' post='11279425']
New to me and look like very little use. Soles have no marks at all. My guess is that they were never sold when new and only got light use by people testing (no rounds). Shipping box in tact with dividers, warranty card and heads were all covered in their plastic sleeves.
[/quote]
New to me and look like very little use. Soles have no marks at all. My guess is that they were never sold when new and only got light use by people testing (no rounds). Shipping box in tact with dividers, warranty card and heads were all covered in their plastic sleeves.
[/quote]They look even better close up. I saw a set one time in person and if I remember correctly they were one of the few Wilson clubs that set right for my eye other than some of their wedges

Well I did it again and I know you folks are going to hate me. I swear I am going to stop hoeing but things just happen. This morning I was driving through the neighborhood going to the store for a cup of coffee and saw a yard sale with golf clubs. I said I gotta stop hoeing so I went on to the store on the way back something caught my eye. you know I can spot a classic Macgregor from a half a mile away. Yep in a bag full of junk there sat a gem of a wood that I have never seen before. it was of course a Macgregor a Louise Suggs First Lady 6 wood. This thing is pristine cotton whipping and all original True Temper red shaft band and original leather wrap grip in good perfect shape. It is blonde with beautiful grain no marks absolutely on the sole plate or face. I swear I do not think it has ever been hit! I wish I was pic capable. Of course for my own edification I had to protractor check the loft came up with 24*. Don't know whether to hit it or display it. It is absolutely one beautiful club. Since I have never seen one before any info you can come up with would be helpful. the sole plate is stamped Macgregor First Lady with a little winged "LS" and the branded number is 842. Of course I bought it for a pricely sum of $1 and ran to my truck

Nice vintage persimmon in good condition is a rather rare thing in sweden. Therefore I was really happy to have the opportunity to buy a set of 693T, D-4W, and an M75W driver from a fellow retro golfer. The 693 2W is from another set and may need some basic TLC, but the rest of the sticks are cared for and played regularly.

BIG STU the old womens wood sets are great clubs - and they can often be found in better condition then a lot of Mens clubs. They can be re-shafted or tipped with the original shaft whereby an extension can be added for a bit more stiffness. Some would choose not to change anything from the OEM state. Either way you have found a gem and if your worried about a possible blemish and sky-balling a tee shot off of the crown - just put some masking tape in the top - and the face and try and hit it to see how it flies...!

[quote name='bullrambler' timestamp='1428243070' post='11287543']
BIG STU the old womens wood sets are great clubs - and they can often be found in better condition then a lot of Mens clubs. They can be re-shafted or tipped with the original shaft whereby an extension can be added for a bit more stiffness. Some would choose not to change anything from the OEM state. Either way you have found a gem and if your worried about a possible blemish and sky-balling a tee shot off of the crown - just put some masking tape in the top - and the face and try and hit it to see how it flies...!
[/quote]Thanks Bull I may just do that. It is so nice I will not change anything. It is a 6 wood and a little whippy but I am not going to hit at it hard anyhow

[quote name='bullrambler' timestamp='1428243070' post='11287543']
[/quote]

I've come across plenty of Ladies sets in pristine condition, yet I've always been a little hesitant to purchase them as I've always been unsure if lighter heads get used in the builds. Have you experienced this Bull? Or is it just a matter of lighter softer shafts being used?

J

Yamaha W-602
'58 MT PT1 2W
'55 Tommy Armour 945's
Tad Moore "47 Rookie", a TM6? or maybe an 8802 today....

[quote name='Kathy Marie' timestamp='1428339466' post='11294957']
Gentlemen:

For the VAST majority of women's clubs (≥99% imo) manufacturers simply changed shafts, stampings & paintfill to protect the innocent.

And you might be thankful your thrifts are still offering vintage clubs. Mine basically dismantled it's golf department, said nothing was selling.
[/quote]

Like your neighborhood thrift shop, mine has had absolutely nothing for sale in the last six months. I haven't bought anything there in roughly two years. Last week, I needed a car battery, (Auto store is in the same plaza.) I stopped in to look. The Goodwill had one single bag with a handful of first generation metal woods. That was it.

I'm saving a ton of money not buying old clubs, but it's a real thrill to find something great among the junk. Last week, I ordered eleven Lamkin special edition grips. I guess the company can't use the Masters name, but they're green with yellow trim. Haven't got them yet, supposed to be sent out April 6.

Anyhow, looking forward to playing them, I'll probably just regrip my modern minimalist kit, Driver, 3W, 5,8,PW. (I'll use 5 or 6 at first, keep the rest to use as replacements.)

Haven't had my Haigs out this year yet. I'm really smitten with the Adams Speedline Super LS driver I bought in January. Consistently down the middle, getting no roll (course wet and soggy), but I paced one drive today at 218 yards, most around 200. With some roll, might see a couple 250 yard drives this year.

Funny, years ago, I used to have a horrible slice. I always noticed the old guys drilling the ball down the middle. I became the old guy, drilling them down the middle.

Play well!

This must be a conspiracy!!!! My local "Honey Hole" for vintage, HFH out by Kiawah has quit racking the old clubs. Now, all they are keeping for resale are newer models. I think I am going to try a new tactic and offer pickup services for old vintage clubs on the local Craig's list.
Adams is under rated wrt their modern drivers.

[quote name='oldschoolrocker' timestamp='1428351146' post='11296597']
This must be a conspiracy!!!! My local "Honey Hole" for vintage, HFH out by Kiawah has quit racking the old clubs. Now, all they are keeping for resale are newer models. I think I am going to try a new tactic and offer pickup services for old vintage clubs on the local Craig's list.
Adams is under rated wrt their modern drivers.
[/quote]Randy if you get anything up this way holler at me and I will go get them for you. Now would be the good time to do that because scrap metal prices are at an all time low and people will not go to the trouble to load them up and take them to places like I work at.

I just picked up a set of Spalding Synchro Dyned Chi Chi Rodriguez Personals 2- PW with TT Profit R's. I'm guessing that they're early 60's as they look very similar the 63 "spade face".
They are nice and flat, have a surprisingly sensible sole grind and no off-set. Look like stainless heads too. Will hopefully get some pics up tomorrow...

J

Yamaha W-602
'58 MT PT1 2W
'55 Tommy Armour 945's
Tad Moore "47 Rookie", a TM6? or maybe an 8802 today....

[quote name='Dawn patrol' timestamp='1428240894' post='11287355']
Nice vintage persimmon in good condition is a rather rare thing in sweden. Therefore I was really happy to have the opportunity to buy a set of 693T, D-4W, and an M75W driver from a fellow retro golfer. The 693 2W is from another set and may need some basic TLC, but the rest of the sticks are cared for and played regularly.
[/quote]

Dawn-

According to Classic Golf Clubs by Joe Clement, your M75 with "Eye-O-Matic" stamp in the persimmon wood toe is a first run piece.

This was in 1952, before MacGregor Eye-O-Matic was stamped into the soleplates in 1953.

One of the few....very nice!

[/quote]

Haig-

And as good as they look, those Haig Ultra Crenshaw Grinds were, like so many iron models in the mid 80s... RH Only.

Even went to Grand Rapids, MI to confirm...

The lack of clubs in the Thrift shops could be based on the time of year it is right now... I generally see them more so after people start doing their Spring Cleaning. Almost all of our snow has finally melted away so courses are just starting to open and it's based on the condition of the greens and the fairways. A lot of the fairways and greens are soft and full of water - from the melting snow. Not much in the way of spring rain here yet - so it's a question of wait and see, but my fingers are itchy to hold and swing the clubs.

For the time being I'm working on cutting a new dog-leg fairway at a course I haunt. We may be striking some balls today to see how the width and length is playing. One of the older maintenance worker's is afraid that the hole will be too long for him to clear the shotgun tee-off area of the new dog-leg. He was told he may need to consider playing the forward tees on this new hole. I'll be out there today - so I trust that all will enjoy the day...!

[quote name='RobotDoctor' timestamp='1427842416' post='11256419']
Those are and I am thrilled to have them. I will have the M85W fairway woods in a classic semi-gloss refinished and have the finish on the Driver redone to match. That will make another classic MacGregor set complete. I now have the M85, M43, Toney Penna TP Special, possibly M75 depending on whether crown and sole stampings can be saved (from latest antique store purchase in Washington State).

I am still in the quest for the following sets:

1954-1955 TA 945TW EOM (2-4)
1949-1952 TA 693
1953 TA 945W (solid red insert)
1954-1955 M75W (if the crown and sole stamps are not salvageable)
1941 MacGregor TA HSW (Hogan) 4393
1953-1955 MacGregor M09 LFF
1941 MacGregor Tommy Armour HSW 4393
1954 MacGregor Toney Penna WWT

I am certain the WWTs are definitely something I will never run across but there is always hope.
[/quote]

Not sure if these are what you are looking for but here you go!
[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Macgregor-Tommy-Armour-945W-Eye-O-Matic-Wood-Set-1-2-3-4-/261840354163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf6e6bb73"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Macgregor-Tommy-Armour-945W-Eye-O-Matic-Wood-Set-1-2-3-4-/261840354163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf6e6bb73[/url]

CC

Stopped by my usual local thrift emporium yesterday while out and about. And for the third time, saw these clubs still in the bin. Being that it was 25% off senior day (harumph, I qualify and they don't even ask for I.D. anymore), pulled the trigger. Nothing special, thinking they are a department store model, but they looked kind of cool. Have not found much info about them other than they may be mid-60ish. Spalding Chi Chi Rodriguez Caribbean irons (2 -9) and Golfcraft Frank Johnston Caliente putter with an unusual leather grip. The Power Secret shaft labels do not even have a flex designation. Certainly do not need them, most likely will never play them, but for $13 and change, what the heck.

[attachment=2699037:image.jpg][attachment=2699061:image.jpg]
[attachment=2699067:image.jpg][attachment=2699083:image.jpg]

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

[quote name='HoganApexBlades' timestamp='1428419439' post='11302615']
Fella, even if you never play or display them, at least you saved some space in a landfill. Kudos to you!
[/quote]Good thought hats off to you but this day in time they would have never been buried in a landfill as in the past. I work for a metal recycling company and charities like Goodwill will scrap un sold metal items. Our county land fill seperates metal now and we buy it. Actually I would NOT want to see them scrapped though as in help preserve our golf heritage so Fellaheam did do his part there

It rained most of the day today. Cleared up and I headed to the course to play a few holes. I was really lazy, so I just took an all in one iron, and a 9 degree Callaway Warbird Big Bertha from 1992. (Unbelievable, they're that old, I think I paid $6 for it.)

Anyhow, I hit that driver as well as my current object of affection, the Adams I got on sale. Pacing off, I'm getting the same yardages with the Bertha. If I play tomorrow, I'll hit my Haigs as good as 2013 technology.

Maybe, I'll grip the Haigs and the Bertha with the "coveted" Masters grips.

Play well!

[quote name='Wriggles' timestamp='1428436792' post='11305459']
It rained most of the day today. Cleared up and I headed to the course to play a few holes. I was really lazy, so I just took an all in one iron, and a 9 degree Callaway Warbird Big Bertha from 1992. (Unbelievable, they're that old, I think I paid $6 for it.)

Anyhow, I hit that driver as well as my current object of affection, the Adams I got on sale. Pacing off, I'm getting the same yardages with the Bertha.
[/quote]

What's the secret? I have an 11° of the same model and I could not get along with that thing my first trip to the range to hit it. If I teed it low, I was getting worm burners. If I teed it up, I could not make center contact; lots of weak slices. :wacko:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well the luck was on my side today. Dropped by my local Thrift shop and what do I see?? Full set of Mizuno MP-32's!! Certainly not mint but quite good condition! Also got a 4, 8 & 9 iron, MacGregor Tourney M85 Colokrom, original grips and MT Tourney LTRA 9 & 11 Irons..

Not bad for $10 bucks!

As none of these are on my collection bucket list, I am putting them onto eBay to hopefully get some pocket change for another investment..

CC