Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a bit of a dilemna on what to do about an AW.

Going with the DPF irons but my old AW is 48*. The DPF PW is 45* and the first wedge they have is 50*. Kind of leaves me in middle of no mans land.

I dont think bridgestone totally thought this out to compete with bigger brands. Most sets come come 5-AW plus u can buy any iron.
Bridgestone could have just sold AW and 3 & 4 irons as individuals or something to give us better options.

More i think about it I almost dont want to stay with bridgestone.

[quote name='whchoclte' timestamp='1423238862' post='10898797']
I am having a bit of a dilemna on what to do about an AW.

Going with the DPF irons but my old AW is 48*. The DPF PW is 45* and the first wedge they have is 50*. Kind of leaves me in middle of no mans land.

I dont think bridgestone totally thought this out to compete with bigger brands. Most sets come come 5-AW plus u can buy any iron.
Bridgestone could have just sold AW and 3 & 4 irons as individuals or something to give us better options.

More i think about it I almost dont want to stay with bridgestone.
[/quote]

I can see your point. 5 degrees difference could go either way as far as it working or not. Are you set on bridgestone wedges? Plenty of other wedge companies out there that can easily solve your problem while still keeping the dpf.

[quote name='whchoclte' timestamp='1423245175' post='10899741']
Well i would prefer to give bridgestone my business as I have played them for while but they dont make it easy.

Why not sell sets 5-aw and give u sthe option for diff longer irons.

To compete with big boys u need to make it easy for people. They make it hard.
[/quote]

The new lineup is 5 degrees, PW to 9 to 8. Then they go to 4 degrees and then to 3 degrees. So 5 degrees PW to AW would be consistent.

Agree they make it tough though. I want a DF/CB combo set. 5-6DF, 7-PW CB. I don't want the 4 iron either, especially at 22* loft. I'm trying to figure out what to buy and how without buying 2 sets of irons and selling off individual irons. Sounds too expensive.

If anyone else wants a combo set, PM me. Maybe we can work something out to buy and share a few sets as a group.

[color=#0000ff]Titleist TSR3 8*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Callaway Epic SZ 15*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Taylormade M3 Hybrids 17, 21[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Srixon ZX Utility 23[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Bridgestone 221CB 6-PW[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Miura 50, 54, 58C - KBS Tour[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Byron Morgan DH89[/color]

I pre-ordered a fairway and a hybrid from Fairway golf. As of today, I have heard zilch. Not custom orders, just off the rack standard models. Very disappointing.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

[quote name='Boognish' timestamp='1423252296' post='10900767']
I pre-ordered a fairway and a hybrid from Fairway golf. As of today, I have heard zilch. Not custom orders, just off the rack standard models. Very disappointing.
[/quote]

yeah, they said last week mine should be there today, but I'm not holding my breath. Bridgestone said because accounts ordered before custom pre orders, stock will go out first. IMO they should have sent them all out on the first...instead they choose to make us squirm. Kind of a let down.

It's going to be 60 this weekend where I'm at and I have no clubs to play with. Waiting on my j15 MB. Brutal!

On a side note, I plan on paint filling them red, white, and blue to match my new US Open Bridgestone mini staff bag. Should look sick! I'll post pics!

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Tour AD VF 6TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Cobra Armlock
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX / 2024 Chrome Tour X

[quote name='Par Fore' timestamp='1423289342' post='10904351']
[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1423112093' post='10888093']
You're in Utah too? The wait is terrible with how nice the weather is
[/quote]

I am in Utah, southern end of the state. Played golf three times this week. Where are you?
[/quote]

I'm up north. Weather has been great for golf up here!

Hoping to have mine on the doorstep early this coming week. Slightly custom with SteelFiber I95's. Chomping at the bit, as I may have played my last round today with my J40's with the same shafts. The J15 DF's caught my eye and I fell hard, right out of the gate.
When they are in-hand, I'll post pix.
LaMont in AZ

Well I am glad you guys are saying the 15th. My order said the 5th which makes me think they missed the 1 in front since they haven't shipped. So another 10 days man this is hard.

I agree with the guys saying bs makes it hard. I hate the store locator because anyone who only sells their balls are on there.

I really wanted the j15 wedges but I went with miuras instead. Crazy but I can demo miuras in a local store but can't find a local (3 hour radius) store that has bs clubs.

I decided to just stick it out with my 913 driver since I can't demo the j715 or even simply see it in person. Plus miura wedges were pricey :(

Only reason I ordered the mbs blind was because there isn't a lot you can do to a blade. Okay mainly because the are dead sexy.

Well hopefully soon we will all post pics of our j15 irons.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

[quote name='Par Fore' timestamp='1423447545' post='10914535']
How are you guys finding updates on your ship dates? I don't want to bug DD for any updates, but time is moving very slowly.
[/quote]

If I would have known these would not actually ship feb 1 (as indicated) I would have just waited and bought them online. This is irritating I'm sure. I emailed DD yesterday and was told my order (driver 3w CBs wedges) should ship "within the next week". Whatever that means. I think BStone under estimated the ore order volume. My two cents.

Titleist TSR3 10* Diamana GT 60
Titleist TSR3 15* Diamana GT 70
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Srixon ZX7 MKII DG Mid 115 S300
Mizuno T24 Raw 50.54,58 DGTI S400
Bettinardi SS28 Tour

Got a set of of the J15 DF irons 4-PW, S300 DG Pro shafts on this past Friday. In the hitting bay at the local golf shop, I was hitting these longer and more consistent that my Nike Covert 2.0 Forged, which is saying something because the Nikes were the longest irons I had ever hit. The Bridgestone DFs are much more pleasing to the eye than the Nikes. However, after a long range session on Saturday and a full 18 on Sunday, I do not think these are as easy to hit as the Covert 2.0 Forged. That being said, my old Nikes were 0.5" short, and I was playing the bridgestone's at standard length. I will be cutting the DFs down this evening and will re-post after I have a chance to hit them. I will say that the sound/feel of the DFs was surprising. They definitely do not produce a "mushy" sound like Mizunos or other high end forged irons. They make a very distinct sound that I can only describe as ceramic sounding. It definitely takes some getting used to.

[quote name='PouncePony' timestamp='1421950195' post='10798083']
Had an online chat with a Bridgestone representative to get information on the J15 DPF and Driving Forged.

[color=#FF3300][size=3]"[/size][/color][color=#FF3300][size=3]The J15 DPF is the new version of the J40DPC...The J15 Driving Forged is a new club category.[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=3]
[color=#FF3300][size=3]So the DPF is designed for added stability, higher moi and forgiveness... the Turbo Rubber insert is also built for great feel and vibration dampening.[/size][/color][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=3]
[color=#FF3300][size=3]The DF is going to be slighlty less forgiving and have a smaller head than what you get in the DPF"[/size][/color][/size][/color]
[/quote]

The DF is like the CB on steroids (same lofts and offset more tech) so I'm guessing it falls between the CB and the DPF. I have the DF ordered with Modus 120x's, can't wait!

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Think I'm going to check into the test drive program before buying. I was convinced I wanted the df, but am having second thoughts. The dual pocket forged are growing on me, and I'm hearing that the df aren't all that more forgiving than the cb, just longer because of the springboard effect with the hollow center. Hoping the reviews start rolling in, and if anyone wants to let me know how test drive program works it would be helpful.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='Jaywh2' timestamp='1423448277' post='10914621'][quote name='Par Fore' timestamp='1423447545' post='10914535']
How are you guys finding updates on your ship dates? I don't want to bug DD for any updates, but time is moving very slowly.
[/quote]

If I would have known these would not actually ship feb 1 (as indicated) I would have just waited and bought them online. This is irritating I'm sure. I emailed DD yesterday and was told my order (driver 3w CBs wedges) should ship "within the next week". Whatever that means. I think BStone under estimated the ore order volume. My two cents.[/quote]
I got the exact same response from DD. Kills me waiting for my cb's.

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1423449184' post='10914749']
[quote name='Mr Back' timestamp='1423448072' post='10914595']
My j15 mb set arrived on the 6th. They are shiny
[/quote]

When and where did you order? Driving me bonkers some are getting them early...I thought ordering in October would help me get mine first!
[/quote]
I ordered around the same time but direct through our rep. Only bladed the 4 iron a few times so I can't give you any great feedback. 6 iron felt great back in October when I ordered but it's been a long winter and I'm a chopper to start haha

[quote name='Mr Back' timestamp='1423448072' post='10914595']
My j15 mb set arrived on the 6th. They are shiny
[/quote]

Post some pictures!

SLDR 10,5 ALDILA RIP Phenom Nasty Long
Taylormade R11 Tour Issue 3-wood project X 7a3
Bridgestone J15 MB 4-PW X100
Bridgestone J15 52, 56, 60 wedges X100
Ping Pick em up L
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1158523-steff-p-witb-20-2015/page__p__11269627__hl__+steff_p#entry11269627"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1423452268' post='10915091']
Think I'm going to check into the test drive program before buying. I was convinced I wanted the df, but am having second thoughts. The dual pocket forged are growing on me, and I'm hearing that the df aren't all that more forgiving than the cb, just longer because of the springboard effect with the hollow center. Hoping the reviews start rolling in, and if anyone wants to let me know how test drive program works it would be helpful.
[/quote]

I hit the CB, DF and DPC this weekend. The DF were my least favorite. They were smaller than I thought they would be. The CB felt great and the sole seemed wider than the DF. To me the DF sits in a weird spot. Not as forgiving as the DPC and they don't feel as good as the CB. I will probably order a set of CBs soon.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

My buddy ordered his through the Bridgestone rep and got them last week. I ordered through DD and got the same response as others "the next few weeks." The guy was also a ***** on the phone when I was asking about prices for my friend. Was hard to hold my tongue but needless to say I won't order from them again.

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Tour AD VF 6TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Cobra Armlock
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX / 2024 Chrome Tour X

[quote name='itw419' timestamp='1423482858' post='10916023']
[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1423452268' post='10915091']
[/quote]

I hit the CB, DF and DPC this weekend. The DF were my least favorite. They were smaller than I thought they would be. The CB felt great and the sole seemed wider than the DF. To me the DF sits in a weird spot. Not as forgiving as the DPC and they don't feel as good as the CB. I will probably order a set of CBs soon.
[/quote]

exactly why i can't make a decision. i gave up my speedblades because distance was the least of my concerns. i want feel combined with decent amount of forgiveness and leaning towards players iron looks. i thought the df would be the best option, but i'm not sure it would beat out the mizuno jpx 850 forged now.

i think i'm going to have to wait to see the dual pocket forged in person. not a fan of badges, but the black rubber might look better in person. the cb look great and i'm sure they feel the same, but think i'd prefer more forgiveness in 4-7 iron. wish we could combo these sets without having to buy two complete sets.

what club comes in the test drive program. do you have a choice in number of iron?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36"